• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:18
CEST 18:18
KST 01:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10063 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 88

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 1885 Next
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 17:11:44
June 18 2015 17:11 GMT
#1741
On June 19 2015 01:33 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 21:33 Seuss wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:02 TheYango wrote:
I mean, I would hope every game is designed to be fun and for people to have fun playing with it. The medium isn't mature enough for anything other than that yet (I imagined some snooty guy saying "my game isn't meant to be *fun*--it's more sophisticated than that!").

Even with e-sports games, only the ones that people actually have fun playing have really taken off.

Papers, Please is probably the best example to counteract that point.


I enjoyed the gameplay of Papers, Please.

Yango expressed the same sentiment, but I had friends that said they actually just didn't have fun playing it, that it felt like work.


I can respect that some people may not like it, but that's fundamentally different than "this game was intentionally designed to be no fun at all". Sometimes games may be designed for a particular, weird niche (SEE: Cookie Clicker), but that's not the same thing as a game designed to be unfun.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 18 2015 17:20 GMT
#1742
On June 19 2015 01:42 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 01:26 Zess wrote:
So the old off-topic thread is trending, which means that we're getting a ton of external hits on it.

Maybe Moonbear's pokemon posts got linked somewhere

Who? Why?

Outside interest in the thread confuses the fuck out of me unless Significant/Superior Otter becomes a thing.

Left paw right paw left paw right paw
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 17:26:40
June 18 2015 17:25 GMT
#1743
On June 19 2015 02:11 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 01:33 onlywonderboy wrote:
On June 18 2015 21:33 Seuss wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:02 TheYango wrote:
I mean, I would hope every game is designed to be fun and for people to have fun playing with it. The medium isn't mature enough for anything other than that yet (I imagined some snooty guy saying "my game isn't meant to be *fun*--it's more sophisticated than that!").

Even with e-sports games, only the ones that people actually have fun playing have really taken off.

Papers, Please is probably the best example to counteract that point.


I enjoyed the gameplay of Papers, Please.

Yango expressed the same sentiment, but I had friends that said they actually just didn't have fun playing it, that it felt like work.


I can respect that some people may not like it, but that's fundamentally different than "this game was intentionally designed to be no fun at all". Sometimes games may be designed for a particular, weird niche (SEE: Cookie Clicker), but that's not the same thing as a game designed to be unfun.

Okay, I don't think it was designed to be unfun, but I think it was designed to be more than just fun. I think the monotony of the job was entirely intentional to make it feel like work. Also the stress of managing your money and having ultimate power to decide who makes it in and who doesn't. The feelings of stress and dread that this can cause can outweigh the "fun" of the mechanics for a lot of people.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 18 2015 17:27 GMT
#1744
On June 19 2015 02:25 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 02:11 Seuss wrote:
On June 19 2015 01:33 onlywonderboy wrote:
On June 18 2015 21:33 Seuss wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:06 onlywonderboy wrote:
On June 18 2015 11:02 TheYango wrote:
I mean, I would hope every game is designed to be fun and for people to have fun playing with it. The medium isn't mature enough for anything other than that yet (I imagined some snooty guy saying "my game isn't meant to be *fun*--it's more sophisticated than that!").

Even with e-sports games, only the ones that people actually have fun playing have really taken off.

Papers, Please is probably the best example to counteract that point.


I enjoyed the gameplay of Papers, Please.

Yango expressed the same sentiment, but I had friends that said they actually just didn't have fun playing it, that it felt like work.


I can respect that some people may not like it, but that's fundamentally different than "this game was intentionally designed to be no fun at all". Sometimes games may be designed for a particular, weird niche (SEE: Cookie Clicker), but that's not the same thing as a game designed to be unfun.

Okay, I don't think it was designed to be unfun, but I think it was designed to be more than just fun. I think the monotony of the job was entirely intentional to make it feel like work. Also the stress of managing your money and having ultimate power to decide who makes it in and who doesn't. The feelings of stress and dread that this can cause can outweigh the "fun" of the mechanics for a lot of people.

I mean... Truck simulators are a thing.
liftlift > tsm
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 18 2015 17:34 GMT
#1745
Anyone else gonna watch Origen vs Fnatic HYPE? Come on ts if you want to watch with me and listen to me rage as I was junglers build horrible items.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 18 2015 17:37 GMT
#1746
On June 19 2015 01:56 Numy wrote:
You guys didn't tell me Mound and Blade would steal my soul. Shino is destroying feudal Japan.

huehuehuehue
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
June 18 2015 17:42 GMT
#1747
On June 19 2015 02:34 Scip wrote:
Anyone else gonna watch Origen vs Fnatic HYPE? Come on ts if you want to watch with me and listen to me rage as I was junglers build horrible items.

I haven't fangirld this hard over league, probably ever. can't wait. but I'll watch it when I get home from work. Sadly I'm not European.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 17:45 GMT
#1748
On June 19 2015 02:34 Scip wrote:
Anyone else gonna watch Origen vs Fnatic HYPE? Come on ts if you want to watch with me and listen to me rage as I was junglers build horrible items.

I just hope it is a long, drawn out, bloody game on both sides. So basically I want EU to be EU.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
June 18 2015 17:57 GMT
#1749
On June 18 2015 23:27 WaveofShadow wrote:
I've seen that.
Wanted to go back to sleep but I live in a fucking condo so BANG BANG BANG CRASH RATTLE I FUCKING HATE NOT LIVING IN A HOUSE ALREADY
www.twitch.tv/waveofshadow


I don't understand, do you not have earplugs? White noise machine? Superior sleeping skills? The ability to tell your neighbors to shut the frudgey up?
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 18 2015 17:59 GMT
#1750
http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/06/watching-cats-on-the-internet-is-good-for-you/
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 18 2015 18:13 GMT
#1751
New champ reveal has some serious Bastion vibes, no?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 18:21 GMT
#1752
On June 19 2015 03:13 mordek wrote:
New champ reveal has some serious Bastion vibes, no?

Feels like a Disney/Pixar villan that also eats people to me. The teaser is a giant "Meh" for me.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 18:22:47
June 18 2015 18:22 GMT
#1753
The initial narration style made me want everything to rhyme. Ultimately it reminds me most of old school fairytales.

Edit: Gahlo hasn't read enough old school fairytales to be hype.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 18 2015 18:22 GMT
#1754
On June 19 2015 03:13 mordek wrote:
New champ reveal has some serious Bastion vibes, no?

That, and this
On June 19 2015 03:21 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2015 03:13 mordek wrote:
New champ reveal has some serious Bastion vibes, no?

Feels like a Disney/Pixar villan that also eats people to me. The teaser is a giant "Meh" for me.

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 18 2015 18:23 GMT
#1755
Yeah, I'd go more Disney than anything.
It's your boy Guzma!
tw!tch
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States563 Posts
June 18 2015 18:26 GMT
#1756
Definitely, some Diablo / True Blood vibes as well
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 18:30:18
June 18 2015 18:29 GMT
#1757
Are you guys kidding me

It's a Disney mix between Oogie Boogie (like 30%) and this guy (~70%) + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I mean here's his pic for comparison
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It's uncanny. Asshole probably trying to hunt Stitch Fizz
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 18 2015 18:38 GMT
#1758
On June 19 2015 03:22 Seuss wrote:
The initial narration style made me want everything to rhyme. Ultimately it reminds me most of old school fairytales.

Edit: Gahlo hasn't read enough old school fairytales to be hype.

The distortion at the end annoyed me. If a champ had a voiceover with the same voice that did most of the narration...
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 19:01 GMT
#1759
I've been dealing with an issue where my computer's clock keeps desyncing. I have no idea what causes it and not amount of reseting it has fixed the issue.
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 19:06:03
June 18 2015 19:05 GMT
#1760
how hard is it to write in corret thread ;_:
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem373
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 373
IndyStarCraft 159
Railgan 73
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 59022
Shuttle 3136
Horang2 490
BeSt 415
Larva 365
ggaemo 240
Soma 174
Mind 148
Dewaltoss 86
Last 84
[ Show more ]
Sexy 80
Zeus 75
hero 74
Killer 47
Hyun 47
Bale 32
Aegong 31
ToSsGirL 31
PianO 25
NaDa 21
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva2896
Dendi1679
420jenkins366
Fuzer 137
Counter-Strike
fl0m3603
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1325
Liquid`Hasu1099
Grubby400
MindelVK17
Other Games
singsing1762
FrodaN1447
B2W.Neo1174
byalli1001
Beastyqt734
Mlord501
ArmadaUGS211
Hui .181
KnowMe136
QueenE88
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 29
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick914
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 58
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4243
League of Legends
• Nemesis3054
Other Games
• Shiphtur223
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 43m
Replay Cast
6h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 43m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.