• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:14
CEST 09:14
KST 16:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10758 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 83

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 1885 Next
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 23:20:37
June 17 2015 23:19 GMT
#1641
On June 18 2015 08:17 Cixah wrote:
Reborn beta is out?

Someone confirm for me.

yes

7 GB download is going to take 1 hour. Now 4 hours. Now 30 minutes. Now 3 days.

zzzzz I just want new DotA
Writer@WriterYamato
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 17 2015 23:21 GMT
#1642
On June 18 2015 08:19 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 08:17 Cixah wrote:
Reborn beta is out?

Someone confirm for me.

yes

7 GB download is going to take 1 hour. Now 4 hours. Now 30 minutes. Now 3 days.

zzzzz I just want new DotA


So were playing Pudge wars tonight right?
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 23:43:18
June 17 2015 23:41 GMT
#1643
I've been trying to play custom games and all their servers seem broken anyway, games constantly fail to start.
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
June 17 2015 23:44 GMT
#1644
What are everyone's thoughts on No Man's Sky? It looks incredibly awesome so far, but it also looks like it has big potential to be a snoozefest; either way I'm likely going to pick it up as soon as it comes out. Is there something I'm missing here? Because straight-up it looks more interesting than any other game not named Kingdom Hearts 3.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 17 2015 23:54 GMT
#1645
On June 18 2015 08:44 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on No Man's Sky? It looks incredibly awesome so far, but it also looks like it has big potential to be a snoozefest; either way I'm likely going to pick it up as soon as it comes out. Is there something I'm missing here? Because straight-up it looks more interesting than any other game not named Kingdom Hearts 3.


It's not Elite:Dangerous
*shrug* I dunno, unless it's changed it looks very much like a solo only experience which while fun it'd be more fun if I could play with friends. I know they said you are unlikely to encounter other players and you can't play with your friends without actually finding them in game with no way to actively do so(if that changed good). Personally I'm not a fan of the aesthetic but that's again a personal issue I have with it.

-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 00:02 GMT
#1646
On June 18 2015 08:44 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on No Man's Sky? It looks incredibly awesome so far, but it also looks like it has big potential to be a snoozefest; either way I'm likely going to pick it up as soon as it comes out. Is there something I'm missing here? Because straight-up it looks more interesting than any other game not named Kingdom Hearts 3.

There's a lot to look at and a lot to explore. This comes with the risk of it being super entertaining to find new places and new things, but it also runs the risk of being incredibly fucking dull if it isn't done correctly. I'm concerned about the destructible environments being some kind of resource? Planets could end up looking like absolute ass if people just pew pew pew aimlessly for the lulz. It also brings the question of what else is there to do?

Best game of E3 was, by far, Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 18 2015 00:14 GMT
#1647
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
June 18 2015 00:18 GMT
#1648
On June 18 2015 08:13 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 07:46 wei2coolman wrote:
On June 18 2015 07:38 cLutZ wrote:
On June 18 2015 07:25 phyvo wrote:
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.


We pay the individuals more than they are worth, the question is are we paying too low a salary to recruit worthwhile people into teaching.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/11/are-teachers-paid-too-much-how-4-studies-answered-1-big-question/247872/

cognitive ability is a really shitty way to value fair market levels for work.


If you are talking about an individual, sure, but if you are talking about a million+ person profession that constantly complains about its payscale, its a perfectly reasonable rebuttal.

No its a shitty metric to judge most professions especially teaching where its based on low level information anyway. Teachers (in Sweden) are not complaining about entrance wage but the fact that experience is incredibly undervalued and it lead to a lot of teachers quitting. Teachers for whatever reason have neither a good scaling pay grade based on experience or a proper market based salary since there is a lack of them.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 18 2015 00:26 GMT
#1649
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...
Steam: rook492
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
June 18 2015 00:31 GMT
#1650
On June 18 2015 09:26 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...

Ass guild had an amazing story. Main quest is lol. Mage and Fighter guild was decent I think. The glaring problems with Oblivion can be moded away anyway.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 18 2015 00:32 GMT
#1651
On June 18 2015 09:26 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...


I have 48 minutes on Skyrim, I should really play that game. I think you play oblivion just so you can realize how much better Daggerfall and Morrowind where.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 00:40 GMT
#1652
On June 18 2015 09:31 Eppa! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 09:26 Crusnik wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...

Ass guild had an amazing story. Main quest is lol. Mage and Fighter guild was decent I think. The glaring problems with Oblivion can be moded away anyway.

It can also be fixed with an Alt F4 and playing a good game instead.
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
June 18 2015 00:41 GMT
#1653
On June 18 2015 09:40 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 09:31 Eppa! wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:26 Crusnik wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...

Ass guild had an amazing story. Main quest is lol. Mage and Fighter guild was decent I think. The glaring problems with Oblivion can be moded away anyway.

It can also be fixed with an Alt F4 and playing a good game instead.

I think the same about HL2. Guess peoples cognitive dissonance works in different ways.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 00:50 GMT
#1654
On June 18 2015 09:41 Eppa! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 09:40 Gahlo wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:31 Eppa! wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:26 Crusnik wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...

Ass guild had an amazing story. Main quest is lol. Mage and Fighter guild was decent I think. The glaring problems with Oblivion can be moded away anyway.

It can also be fixed with an Alt F4 and playing a good game instead.

I think the same about HL2. Guess peoples cognitive dissonance works in different ways.

Literally never played HL2.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 18 2015 00:52 GMT
#1655
I have 5 hours in it, should probably finish it, but ehhhhhhhh
Steam: rook492
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 01:04:37
June 18 2015 00:56 GMT
#1656
On June 18 2015 09:41 Eppa! wrote:
I think the same about HL2. Guess peoples cognitive dissonance works in different ways.

HL2 was largely riding the hype of the original. It's not really that unreasonable of an opinion, even though I personally don't agree.

That said, HL2 launched the Source engine and really got Steam going, which collectively define a huge part of PC gaming in the last decade.

Regarding Oblivion, as with most Bethesda games, mods do a lot to fix the experience, the question is why you'd care to put that much effort into making a game playable with the number of good RPGs out of the box.
Moderator
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
June 18 2015 01:09 GMT
#1657
Maybe I'm just a tasteless hack but I've sunk hundreds of hours into Skyrim without ever modding it, and it's still one of my favorite games ever. Mine is also not an especially rare opinion. I think, while the game is absolutely broken, it's not nearly as bad as to be considered unplayable (at least on the PS3 version, the only one I've played).
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 18 2015 01:14 GMT
#1658
On June 18 2015 10:09 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Maybe I'm just a tasteless hack but I've sunk hundreds of hours into Skyrim without ever modding it, and it's still one of my favorite games ever. Mine is also not an especially rare opinion. I think, while the game is absolutely broken, it's not nearly as bad as to be considered unplayable (at least on the PS3 version, the only one I've played).

It's okay Ghandi. If people call you a tasteless hack for liking Skyrim, then I too, am a tasteless hack.

You are not alone. Skyrim was the bee's knees.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-18 01:16:55
June 18 2015 01:15 GMT
#1659
On June 18 2015 09:31 Eppa! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 09:26 Crusnik wrote:
On June 18 2015 09:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Ah, another Steam Sale, another round of contemplation on deciding to buy Oblivion or not.


The only good part of Oblivion is Shivering Isles, everything else is ass.

And I'm home now...still need to shower, but I'm finally home...

Ass guild had an amazing story. Main quest is lol. Mage and Fighter guild was decent I think. The glaring problems with Oblivion can be moded away anyway.

Yeah, buy this brand new honda s2k and sink in 100k under the hood it'll perform almost like a decent sports car.

hl2 probably has some of the best pacing for a first person shooter single player I've ever played, it's amazing how iconic and seamless valve made the singleplayer.
liftlift > tsm
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 18 2015 01:16 GMT
#1660
On June 18 2015 10:09 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Maybe I'm just a tasteless hack but I've sunk hundreds of hours into Skyrim without ever modding it, and it's still one of my favorite games ever. Mine is also not an especially rare opinion. I think, while the game is absolutely broken, it's not nearly as bad as to be considered unplayable (at least on the PS3 version, the only one I've played).

In my opinion, a game doesn't have to be good to be fun and enjoyable. Because when I say "good" I mean from a design aspect. As such, if I were to have to mod a game to make it enjoyable then I don't consider it a good game. I, for instance, love KOTOR2 despite all its bugs, crashes, and the awful pacing nightmare that is the Peragus Mining Facility. I enjoy it, but I know it's a bad game.
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft700
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 882
ggaemo 427
Stork 319
Leta 206
PianO 103
Larva 52
Hyuk 32
ZergMaN 29
yabsab 23
Bale 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Reynor90
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King173
Westballz38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor743
Other Games
summit1g10149
C9.Mang0256
Sick171
PiGStarcraft132
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick627
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Stunt516
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 46m
Online Event
3h 46m
FEL
8h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.