• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7683 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 82

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 1885 Next
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 17 2015 21:38 GMT
#1621
On June 18 2015 03:35 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 13:22 Parnage wrote:
I know that x/y can't handle the new mega's and such but yeah I'm not sure about the tutored moves. If I had to guess I'd say no but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Yes. You can send Pokemon from XY to ORAS to have them learn Move Tutor only moves and then send them back. You just can't send Megastones that don't exist or moves that don't exist in XY.

Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 13:25 sung_moon wrote:
Besides Draco Meteor, I forget if there were any useful XY move tutors.

Keldeo Move Tutor in Snowbelle City who can teach Keldeo the move Sacred Sword.

Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 13:34 TheEmulator wrote:
Speaking of Pokemon, I'm really enjoying ORAS right now (specifically AS atm but I bought both ). Haven't played a pokemon since I played red/blue/yellow, and a bit of crystal long ago.

Moonbear gave me a nice Electrike that owns too!

Found the Manectite yet? ;o

Yea, I got him last night when I played. I'm not as far into the story as I'd hope though because I got the cosplay Pikachu the other day and spent like 2 hours doing competitions
Administrator
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 17 2015 21:51 GMT
#1622
On June 18 2015 06:20 Eppa! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 06:14 Sufficiency wrote:
On June 18 2015 06:06 Eppa! wrote:
On June 18 2015 05:37 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On June 18 2015 05:35 Holyflare wrote:
well it's going to be disproportionately weighted because London has loads of the UK work force and people work overtime like a bitch here


do salaried workers in the UK get paid extra for overtime?

Wtf people don't get paid overtime if they are salaried? I made like 150 overtime hours last year and not getting paid for it would be shitty as hell.


Because the contract says something like this:

1. You get X dollars per year.
2. You understand that you may be asked to work additional hours for business needs without compensation.

I guess lack of proper trade unions while show its effect in more than lack of vacation days.

It's the same here, depends on the profession too. My parents were post office agents (to put it very broadly) and paid for fixed hours (well, post is a bit special, once you've treated all the mail for your shift you're free to gtfo, my father's on the public side of an office so he has fixed hours though), I'm in CS and paid "for the task".
So if I finish faster I can gtfo faster, and get paid more than the hours I actually do.

Of course in reality I prob do more than that (in presence), I get a bit of bonus per semester too. But no raise last year and prob not this one, plus I'm paid less than at my first job so I think I'll seek elsewhere next year, where it'll be the same, because that's how it works here for executives in pretty much all domains.

Hm, I'm getting huge lag spikes (not "ingame" lag, computer lag) and freezes, with a service host process growing from 100M RAM to between 600M and 1.3G, if it happens while I play LoL I drop to < 10 fps and pretty much only see a few frames in-between 10+ seconds freezes.
Turns out it's being caused by windows update. How the fuck does it take so much RAM and overall memory that even with just 600M it prevents any other usage of the computer till it's finished?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 17 2015 21:54 GMT
#1623
I get minimum 40 hrs a week. I get paid as normal for those first 40. I also get paid on call and emergency (regular time in the first 40 and then time and a half for on call and double time for emergency). If I get emergency pay, I'm required by contract to be given 1 week vacation time added, or to get 20 hours I've regular time added to my end of year bonus.

I'm looking at atleast 10k of bonus this year so far alone. Eventually they'll put me on salery, but I'm almost afraid that once they do I'll end up losing money (before benefits. I would kill for a work truck lol).
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
June 17 2015 22:01 GMT
#1624
On June 18 2015 05:58 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 05:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Am I playing against a person in this tavern brawl? Or a computer?
I can't tell.

Player, the name of the player is displayed.
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 05:37 Crusnik wrote:
I would kill for 40 to 45 hour weeks...

This sounds like an exhausting work week.


I have 152 hours of OT since middle of march, plus 100~ hours of rate, and whatever I've done in normal hours.

Landscaping sucks balls.
Steam: rook492
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 17 2015 22:08 GMT
#1625
i have way more than 152 hours of off topic
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 22:12:03
June 17 2015 22:10 GMT
#1626
On June 18 2015 07:08 ComaDose wrote:
i have way more than 152 hours of off topic

So does Soniv thats why has to work more than 40 hours a week.

+ Show Spoiler +
hue


On June 18 2015 06:28 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 06:23 Eppa! wrote:
On June 18 2015 06:22 AsmodeusXI wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who rounds up on time cards as a salaried human. :/

Seems positive unless you get fired.


The ironic part is I'm already complimented for exemplary work. Doesn't really provide incentives to do more than I'm doing atm.

Its because of poor shit post habits in OT.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 22:26:14
June 17 2015 22:25 GMT
#1627
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
June 17 2015 22:34 GMT
#1628
On June 18 2015 04:02 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 03:57 wei2coolman wrote:
On June 18 2015 03:49 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On June 18 2015 03:44 Scip wrote:
On June 18 2015 03:42 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Today is best day.

1) Work from home.

2) Got my GRE (Writing) scores back, with percentiles.

good day

Are you the top 1%?

166/168/6.0, for 96/95/99 percentiles, for verbal/math/writing

95th percentile for math. 99th for writing. Bruh. You're supposed to be asian.

I'm an IR major who's looking to get back into IR, so analytical writing is probably more important. People just don't know how to write mang.

IR = International Relations? And congrats on the scores


I'm salaried and probably work anywhere from like 25 to 70 hours a week lol. That dev life

also oncall sometimes although I haven't had to go oncall for my new job yet
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 17 2015 22:38 GMT
#1629
On June 18 2015 07:25 phyvo wrote:
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.


We pay the individuals more than they are worth, the question is are we paying too low a salary to recruit worthwhile people into teaching.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/11/are-teachers-paid-too-much-how-4-studies-answered-1-big-question/247872/
Freeeeeeedom
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 22:46:15
June 17 2015 22:46 GMT
#1630
On June 18 2015 07:38 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 07:25 phyvo wrote:
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.


We pay the individuals more than they are worth, the question is are we paying too low a salary to recruit worthwhile people into teaching.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/11/are-teachers-paid-too-much-how-4-studies-answered-1-big-question/247872/

cognitive ability is a really shitty way to value fair market levels for work.
liftlift > tsm
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
June 17 2015 22:49 GMT
#1631
On June 18 2015 07:46 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 07:38 cLutZ wrote:
On June 18 2015 07:25 phyvo wrote:
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.


We pay the individuals more than they are worth, the question is are we paying too low a salary to recruit worthwhile people into teaching.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/11/are-teachers-paid-too-much-how-4-studies-answered-1-big-question/247872/

cognitive ability is a really shitty way to value fair market levels for work.

Wrong. We need more standardized testing to control salaries.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 22:52:08
June 17 2015 22:51 GMT
#1632
I accidentally pulled a pack of chyrssalids on my last move in long war and losing my squad that I just spent tons of money to buy laser weapons for

also during a mission to try and recover money from being hacked by EXALT. rip this campaign i guess
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 17 2015 22:52 GMT
#1633
On June 18 2015 07:51 Frolossus wrote:
I accidentally pulled a pack of chyrssalids on my last move in long war and losing my squad that I just spent tons of money to buy laser weapons for


Squad broken!

-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 17 2015 22:54 GMT
#1634
On June 18 2015 07:51 Frolossus wrote:
I accidentally pulled a pack of chyrssalids on my last move in long war and losing my squad that I just spent tons of money to buy laser weapons for

also during a mission to try and recover money from being hacked by EXALT. rip this campaign i guess

Ah yeah, the unfortunate cryssalid pull; best way to avoid something like that is to blue-move everything first before yellow moving, to be cautious.

rip in peace
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 17 2015 22:55 GMT
#1635
I work 7.5 hours a day (37.5 hours a week) but that includes two fifteen minute breaks which are paid for. So really it's 7 hours a day at 35 hours a week.

Also if you guys thought Galt was happy today you should see him in League. Easily one of the happiest players that I have ever played with!
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 17 2015 22:56 GMT
#1636
On June 18 2015 07:51 Frolossus wrote:
I accidentally pulled a pack of chyrssalids on my last move in long war and losing my squad that I just spent tons of money to buy laser weapons for

also during a mission to try and recover money from being hacked by EXALT. rip this campaign i guess

At least your downfall wasn't a car.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
June 17 2015 23:10 GMT
#1637
On June 18 2015 07:56 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 07:51 Frolossus wrote:
I accidentally pulled a pack of chyrssalids on my last move in long war and losing my squad that I just spent tons of money to buy laser weapons for

also during a mission to try and recover money from being hacked by EXALT. rip this campaign i guess

At least your downfall wasn't a car.

i learned not to trust cars, trucks tend to be okay but stay the fuck away from cars.
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 17 2015 23:13 GMT
#1638
On June 18 2015 07:46 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 07:38 cLutZ wrote:
On June 18 2015 07:25 phyvo wrote:
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.


We pay the individuals more than they are worth, the question is are we paying too low a salary to recruit worthwhile people into teaching.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/11/are-teachers-paid-too-much-how-4-studies-answered-1-big-question/247872/

cognitive ability is a really shitty way to value fair market levels for work.


If you are talking about an individual, sure, but if you are talking about a million+ person profession that constantly complains about its payscale, its a perfectly reasonable rebuttal.
Freeeeeeedom
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 17 2015 23:17 GMT
#1639
Reborn beta is out?

Someone confirm for me.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 17 2015 23:18 GMT
#1640
On June 18 2015 08:13 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2015 07:46 wei2coolman wrote:
On June 18 2015 07:38 cLutZ wrote:
On June 18 2015 07:25 phyvo wrote:
Teachers here basically work all the time (including summer) and at least some get paid X per year. They're also the main job I think of when I think of unions. I hear of they're pretty politically powerful but even with that it still seems like we can't pay them what they're worth. I'm not sure how that works.


We pay the individuals more than they are worth, the question is are we paying too low a salary to recruit worthwhile people into teaching.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/11/are-teachers-paid-too-much-how-4-studies-answered-1-big-question/247872/

cognitive ability is a really shitty way to value fair market levels for work.


If you are talking about an individual, sure, but if you are talking about a million+ person profession that constantly complains about its payscale, its a perfectly reasonable rebuttal.

i'm talking about as an economic model, because there are ton of jobs that don't require high cognitive ability that pays very well that fits nowhere near that model.
liftlift > tsm
Prev 1 80 81 82 83 84 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 208
ProTech170
JuggernautJason32
CosmosSc2 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21326
Shuttle 704
White-Ra 146
Hyuk 115
Dewaltoss 98
firebathero 72
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 26
Sacsri 20
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc10209
qojqva1360
Counter-Strike
fl0m1196
Fnx 865
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2983
Khaldor1339
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu539
Other Games
summit1g4818
FrodaN1648
XBOCT238
C9.Mang0186
ArmadaUGS169
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH337
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 11
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie905
• Shiphtur319
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 51m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 51m
Online Event
15h 51m
FEL
20h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.