• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:00
CEST 09:00
KST 16:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8773 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 63

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
September 04 2013 05:26 GMT
#1241
Registration
- Daunted Cactus

- Plat 2

Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 05:40:32
September 04 2013 05:39 GMT
#1242
I brought it up with Neo because there were two evenings in a row where the instant a match ended a new inhouse game had already been created. While some of our discussions have been less than useful, those two evenings irked me because I really wanted to either give advice or get advice, even just a few quick words, but didn't have the opportunity because everyone was already talking about team balance.

I just wanted at least some opportunity to talk about the game. It doesn't have to always be a long, drawn out discussion.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
September 04 2013 05:40 GMT
#1243
I'm starting to understand how bullshit Sona is. I whiffed multiple ults, got caught multiple times warding badly, lost all map control, then got one perfect ult at the end and it completely turned the game around. I mean, the team had to carry me to that point but it's very DOTA like without anything to really counter it. So binary.
aurawashere
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada454 Posts
September 04 2013 07:30 GMT
#1244
Is that not the story of supports? You can easily say the same for many others.
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
September 04 2013 08:04 GMT
#1245
On September 04 2013 14:40 Pooshlmer wrote:
I'm starting to understand how bullshit Sona is. I whiffed multiple ults, got caught multiple times warding badly, lost all map control, then got one perfect ult at the end and it completely turned the game around. I mean, the team had to carry me to that point but it's very DOTA like without anything to really counter it. So binary.


I question how binary it really could have been if one good Sona ult turned a lost game. If the game were close, then sure, understandable, it's bound to happen when the opposing team makes a mistake and bunches up near a Sona with her ult up, and it makes sense that your team could clean up and finish the win if they'd carried enough to keep things close.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 04 2013 08:15 GMT
#1246
That speaks more to the lategame of league than it does to Sona ult in particular. Whatever wins you a teamfight wins you a teamfight, but winning a teamfight later in the game is worth exponentially more because of death timers and damage output on objectives.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
September 04 2013 10:14 GMT
#1247
On September 04 2013 14:40 Pooshlmer wrote:
I'm starting to understand how bullshit Sona is. I whiffed multiple ults, got caught multiple times warding badly, lost all map control, then got one perfect ult at the end and it completely turned the game around. I mean, the team had to carry me to that point but it's very DOTA like without anything to really counter it. So binary.

Well when you wiffed ults we lost the teamfights for the most part. It wasn't just one ult you hit tho. It was like 2 good ones late game that turned it around hit 4 -5 people. Sona's ult is really strong. Also they could counter it it was bad positioning on there part to get hit by it like that
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
September 04 2013 14:17 GMT
#1248
On September 04 2013 16:30 aurawashere wrote:
Is that not the story of supports? You can easily say the same for many others.

Support is a whole lot more fun when you realize that you can carry late game with your CC and vision.
InfSunday
Profile Joined March 2013
United States735 Posts
September 04 2013 15:50 GMT
#1249
Yeah, participating in these in-houses not only taught me a lot about support but made me enjoy the position more than, say, top lane and jungle (might just be a skill thing as far as jungle is concerned, I'm God-awful in the jungle). I've started to first pick janna in ranked because I'm carrying harder there than if i play mid... Now if only I could get to gold in ranked so I'd have the courage to play in these again.
Call me Sunday
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
September 04 2013 15:51 GMT
#1250
On September 04 2013 23:17 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 16:30 aurawashere wrote:
Is that not the story of supports? You can easily say the same for many others.

Support is a whole lot more fun when you realize that you can carry late game with your CC and vision.


Supports matter, but very few can actually "carry" lategame. I mean, throwing out a team-wide CC can be amazing, but if your team still fucks up the engage you can very well have baited your team into an untimely death. I don't think supports lategame are able to carry their team because of their lack of damage. They can help you win a fight, which might help you win the game, but then it came down to your damage dealers actually doing their damage. Games have been lost because people with damage just didn't right click enough.
Hey! How you doin'?
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
September 04 2013 16:19 GMT
#1251
On September 05 2013 00:51 Zdrastochye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2013 23:17 sylverfyre wrote:
On September 04 2013 16:30 aurawashere wrote:
Is that not the story of supports? You can easily say the same for many others.

Support is a whole lot more fun when you realize that you can carry late game with your CC and vision.


Supports matter, but very few can actually "carry" lategame. I mean, throwing out a team-wide CC can be amazing, but if your team still fucks up the engage you can very well have baited your team into an untimely death. I don't think supports lategame are able to carry their team because of their lack of damage. They can help you win a fight, which might help you win the game, but then it came down to your damage dealers actually doing their damage. Games have been lost because people with damage just didn't right click enough.


The feels...ive had games like that. Worst feeling ever.
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 16:34:54
September 04 2013 16:29 GMT
#1252
It's a team game, and thus is the nature of team games. Don't understand why this is a support problem. Supports bring to the field great CC / utility and ward coverage, allowing the rest of the team to farm for items and levels so they can deal the damage to win games.

In these inhouses with voice com it's easier to iron out some kind of plan for engagements or give out orders on the fly, so I usually find a lack of follow up to be a non-issue.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Endure
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada287 Posts
September 04 2013 18:05 GMT
#1253
On September 04 2013 14:40 Pooshlmer wrote:
I'm starting to understand how bullshit Sona is. I whiffed multiple ults, got caught multiple times warding badly, lost all map control, then got one perfect ult at the end and it completely turned the game around. I mean, the team had to carry me to that point but it's very DOTA like without anything to really counter it. So binary.

I talked to panda who was spectating that game and he said it was basically even in gold except at one point there was a 4k difference, the game was a lot closer than you think lol.


Also without buybacks late game league is so volatile, 1 team fight loses a game. In that case it was 2 :p
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
September 04 2013 18:27 GMT
#1254
Just wanted to give a shout out to crazyhorse for helping me out with some tips for playing Lee Sin that I'm working on now, and it seems to be helping. Thanks a lot buddy.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
September 04 2013 20:20 GMT
#1255
A good support is my favorite thing in the whole world

You can't carry a game 1v5 like you can on some other roles (Morgana mid, Amumu jungle, Jax top, Vayne bot, etc.) but you can allow other people to do that, and that other person is often me.
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 04 2013 20:42 GMT
#1256
I enjoy playing support (It was previously my main role), but I find it easier to carry a bad support through laning phase than it is to carry a bad AD, so I switched.

Hoping to get into a streamed game sometime so I can get some analysis on my play. Lategame I'm okay, I'm pretty good at teamfight positioning, and I can land some real timely arrows, but my laning phase needs work. I want to be more confident in aggression, cuz my favourite lane combo right now (Ashe/Zyra) allows my main to take a lane over, instead of being relatively passive and just farming.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 04 2013 21:23 GMT
#1257
And yes, you can carry a game as support, just not in the conventional sense. I've been trying to explain lategame support to a buddy of mine who mains it, and he still says weird things, like when I tell him he really needs oracles because we're super ahead and have ashe/ahri/nautilus to catch people out, so we need to control vision in their jungle, and he says stuff like "thats the jungler's job, i can't afford it" and buys Frozen Heart because he's been running bot by himself every time a wave is at the river

Once your team is ahead, it's your job to secure map control so your team can close out the game. this is entirely contextual information, because when and how aggressively you can ward depends on the relative strength of your jungler and theirs, and your laners as well. As a support in lategame, you should be looking to do one of two things:

1) Your team is ahead in gold/objectives and can win skirmishes/teamfights. You should be warding aggressively to give your team map control. You want to create a situation where it is risky for the other team to step into their own jungle to take camps/buffs because you have vision of it and they don't, through your use of oracles/pinks/wards. The later the game goes, the more impact someone getting caught will have, and you can turn stray catches into objectives.

2) Your team is behind in gold/objectives and probably can't win a teamfight without favourable conditions. You should be warding for safety, so your team can secure its own buffs and jungle camps and catch up. If you can see them entering your jungle early, you've bought your team more time to react. The more opportunity you give your team to notice and react to the opponents being brave in your jungle, the more likely your team is to catch them out and turn the game around. That's exactly what a team that is behind needs, and you as the support need to focus on trying to create that situation
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
September 04 2013 21:41 GMT
#1258
I've looked at some replays, and I have no idea why I'm winning. I think it's just luck that I'm on the better team or something.

I will say that someone needs oracles 24/7 and people should ward the midlane after a tower goes down.
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 23:46:45
September 04 2013 21:51 GMT
#1259
Screenshots of postgame screens.

Game 1:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Game 2:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Game 3:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 04 2013 21:56 GMT
#1260
CT Nocturne so stronk. I don't understand.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Leta 278
Hyuk 218
Hyun 114
Shinee 40
Hm[arnc] 32
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 749
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g9070
WinterStarcraft503
ArmadaUGS79
Nina61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick758
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2310
League of Legends
• Rush1484
• Lourlo1176
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h
INu's Battles
5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h
BSL Open Qualifier
12h
Replay Cast
16h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.