• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:22
CEST 18:22
KST 01:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8452 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 62

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 19:47:53
September 03 2013 19:44 GMT
#1221


Roffles #1 troll
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
September 03 2013 20:03 GMT
#1222
"I don't wanna be a dick" - Roffles September 2nd, 2013
Hey! How you doin'?
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 21:42:42
September 03 2013 20:37 GMT
#1223
nomnom had to pause the game because he basically fell off his chair laughing
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
September 03 2013 20:53 GMT
#1224
I was in class, and watching that video I almost burst out laughing.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
September 03 2013 21:29 GMT
#1225
Whenever Blitz is free and I play him I miss like 98% of hooks lol

Unless its ARAM then its like 50/50
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
September 03 2013 21:43 GMT
#1226
I was going to write a long post about map control, but I discovered my replays didn't work so I can't confirm my intuition. From what I've seen in games and the amount of wards I've killed with oracles, most people's mid/late game vision/map control seems pretty bad. If the trend keeps up I'll try to elaborate with my updated lolreplay. (It does work, right?)

I can't tell you how many times I scan our jungle entrances and find nothing. Feels like solo queue with better lane warding.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
September 03 2013 21:45 GMT
#1227
On September 04 2013 04:44 upperbound wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q8_mHL3JDI

Roffles #1 troll


ARKANOID PLS
TranslatorBaa!
Klonopin
Profile Joined July 2013
95 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 22:26:33
September 03 2013 22:19 GMT
#1228
Registration
- Ingame name
xeroborn
- Rank and division
s4
- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
any position, i main jungle or mid, with a lot of lucian adc.
- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
- Marksmen: lucian, vayne
- Mid: ahri, lissandra
-top: aatrox, nasus
-jungle: elise, sejuani
-support: nami, zyra
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
September 03 2013 22:22 GMT
#1229
#blitzmechanics
Bronze player stuck in platinum
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
September 03 2013 22:33 GMT
#1230
I would like to stress the importance of postmatch discussions. Monty brought up the point yesterday that users are sometimes too eager to start a new game as soon as one finishes. Try not to gloss over each game too quickly and point out actual areas that need improvement.

In regards to crankiness or bad manner, try to keep it at a minimum. I understand that some of you like to be sarcastic or cynical but there is a line. Please don't cross it.

Lastly, I encourage bigpros to point out mistakes during games. No one should get butthurt that someone is telling you you're doing something wrong midgame. If the suggestion is valid, rectify it quickly. It'll make for a better game.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-03 23:20:37
September 03 2013 22:58 GMT
#1231
On September 04 2013 07:33 NeoIllusions wrote:
I would like to stress the importance of postmatch discussions. Monty brought up the point yesterday that users are sometimes too eager to start a new game as soon as one finishes. Try not to gloss over each game too quickly and point out actual areas that need improvement.

In regards to crankiness or bad manner, try to keep it at a minimum. I understand that some of you like to be sarcastic or cynical but there is a line. Please don't cross it.

Lastly, I encourage bigpros to point out mistakes during games. No one should get butthurt that someone is telling you you're doing something wrong midgame. If the suggestion is valid, rectify it quickly. It'll make for a better game.


Something to consider if/sometime in the distant future if it lasts that long when replays are released, is to have a certain time/day when these things would be replay analysis only. It can be a group of people, and it will most likely be smaller than the normal turnout. If people are serious about it, it would work very well. Too bad replays aren't an official part of the system yet. Actually pretty much sucks.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
September 03 2013 23:46 GMT
#1232
On September 04 2013 07:33 NeoIllusions wrote:
I would like to stress the importance of postmatch discussions. Monty brought up the point yesterday that users are sometimes too eager to start a new game as soon as one finishes. Try not to gloss over each game too quickly and point out actual areas that need improvement.

I actually disagree on this one, to some extent.

After the Roffles GP/10 Graves, there was a long postmatch discussion, as OMnom was flabbergasted as to how he could've done better.

A lot of the information that our initial analysis was based on was actually incorrect once I loaded up the replay. We had mistakenly assumed and argued for quite some time that their Ezreal had Triforce/IE when our Graves only had BT, when in reality Graves had completed BT/PD/LW only 30 seconds after when Ez completed those two items.

Consider that we held this discussion for about 20 minutes before I actually decided to watch the replay.

Postmatch discussion could carry a lot of knee-jerk reactions and misinformation. I've also been on the receiving end of some incorrect assumptions.

On the other hand, lowbies actually benefit a lot from grinding out games, receiving calls, and developing "muscle memory" for map movement, and the experience at a low level may trump the benefits of long post-game discussion. This could especially true if you just have a bad game. It's better to evaluate your ability and mistakes over 3 games played than just one. Maybe you just played poorly and missed your skillshots. It happens. But it does you no good to get locked into a discussion about how you should've hit them. You already know that.

I would rather suggest that replays be made available and accessible here in this thread, and that if you have questions then you can at least point to the replay to show where and how you came up with your analysis, or at least where you're confused.

I'm not opposed to post-game discussion, but it should also be looked at carefully and with respect to the efficiency of getting experience playing games.
On September 04 2013 06:43 Pooshlmer wrote:
I was going to write a long post about map control, but I discovered my replays didn't work so I can't confirm my intuition. From what I've seen in games and the amount of wards I've killed with oracles, most people's mid/late game vision/map control seems pretty bad. If the trend keeps up I'll try to elaborate with my updated lolreplay. (It does work, right?)

I can't tell you how many times I scan our jungle entrances and find nothing. Feels like solo queue with better lane warding.

Map control and warding is not just about running up and putting wards down but also about timing.There are quite a few games I've played where I had to play extremely risky to put down wards because of vision/creepwave location/heroes visible. You need to be more specific and carefully follow the vision/team movement in a replay before you can comment on their warding.
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
September 03 2013 23:58 GMT
#1233
Registration
- Ingame name
Cure Moonlight

- Rank and division
Currently Gold 3. Was Silver 2 about 2 weeks ago. Dunno if it matters, but I thought I'd make a note of it nonetheless.

- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
Mid
Support

- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
Ahri, Ori, Lux
Alistar Sona

- If you are Plat or higher, just include rank and division


I main the three mids and only really play the two supports, so I'd very much like to improve on them.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 00:36:20
September 04 2013 00:32 GMT
#1234
On September 04 2013 08:46 kainzero wrote:

On the other hand, lowbies actually benefit a lot from grinding out games, receiving calls, and developing "muscle memory" for map movement, and the experience at a low level may trump the benefits of long post-game discussion. This could especially true if you just have a bad game. It's better to evaluate your ability and mistakes over 3 games played than just one. Maybe you just played poorly and missed your skillshots. It happens. But it does you no good to get locked into a discussion about how you should've hit them. You already know that.

I would rather suggest that replays be made available and accessible here in this thread, and that if you have questions then you can at least point to the replay to show where and how you came up with your analysis, or at least where you're confused.

I'm not opposed to post-game discussion, but it should also be looked at carefully and with respect to the efficiency of getting experience playing games.


I understand where you are coming from, but if a person wants to grind games, shouldn't they just be using solo queue? These games are supposed to be a place where you get constructive criticism from your lane opponent/ teammates. Where you could really think about your play, and have some time to digest a game afterwards. What's the point of all that work if people will just forget about what they learned that game? That's what happens in solo queue. Why would someone use this method which is understandably a slower method for grinding games out? The purpose of this idea, from my understanding is this:

1.) Gather people from TL to play together.
2.) Get these people to help each other improve.
3.) Give people an idea of what working with a team is like.
4.) Hopefully that bring about random 5s teams that play together in the future. Whether that is 5s normals/ranked is up to them. We all know playing with a team with communication is much better than solo queue will ever be
UnKooL
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1667 Posts
September 04 2013 00:38 GMT
#1235
Laidback casting TL IH game. twitch.tv/unkool18
LoL: UnKooL and SoloQFiendUnKooL, SC2: UnKooL
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
September 04 2013 01:12 GMT
#1236
Hope games went on today. Didn't get a chance to hop on because I had to take care of some family stuff but I noticed someone already posted a room name.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-04 01:41:26
September 04 2013 01:37 GMT
#1237
I don't think it's good to give advice concerning something that has happened in a game during that game. Focusing on what you are supposed to do now/in 5 minutes should always take priority in your head over anything that has happened before. Giving advice on what you should build next is good, explaining why exactly someone should have ganked bottom instead of focusing on top (apart from the still relevant information) can wait for post-game discussion.
Just my 0.02
On September 04 2013 08:46 kainzero wrote:
Maybe you just played poorly and missed your skillshots. It happens. But it does you no good to get locked into a discussion about how you should've hit them. You already know that.

Just going to answer to this specifically
You need to know whether you should have relied on hitting them skillshots in the first place, if there were other things you did wrong (just eclipsed by the missed skillshots) or if it really was bad aim that messed it all up.
I know the exact kind of post-game "discussion" you are criticising here (hell, I heard it at LAN tournaments before..) but just mentioning that this discussion isn't necessarily fruitless. :3
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
September 04 2013 02:10 GMT
#1238
On September 04 2013 09:32 ketchup wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, but if a person wants to grind games, shouldn't they just be using solo queue?


In SoloQ, you don't have someone in your ear mentioning things you should be doing better. That's why.

Something as simple as "This bush should stay warded" followed by a ping is often enough to immediately improve a lowbie's support play.

You don't necessarily NEED to take a break after EVERY game to discuss what happened. Sometimes the reasons are obvious for a particular game and simply being mentioned as they happen is enough. Sometimes you need to play a few games in a row to iron out whether a particular problem is a habit, a bad game, or poor synergy between the players (speaking specifically to bot lane issues, since that's where I am 90% of the time) involved.

That's not to say post-game discussion isn't important... There certainly SHOULD be at least a short discussion after the game, even if it's just to describe why a certain team comp worked better, or to make sure all the players agree on what went wrong. Sometimes it's simple, and other times you need a longer discussion to iron out the issues. I remember a game where I was being heavily criticized for my play in a lost lane, even though a good portion of the blame was shared with my lane partner. In cases like that, you should (and we did) discuss the issues after the game, along with your opponents to get their perspective to iron out exactly what went wrong:

"I should have warded bush X instead of bush Y first, then you could have had an easier time keeping track of where he was. But you should have helped me harass champ X more when we COULD see him and been more careful in your positioning."
"Ya, I didn't feel like you were helping him deal with me so I wasn't afraid to be aggressive."

"I should have used this skill on Champ Y instead of Champ X when you got caught, but that wouldn't have happened if you'd done Z in the first place."
"Yeah, you kept using it on X and I was free to wail on your adc."

"Oh yeah! I could have used this spell on myself to achieve this goal instead of using the skill on you!"
"For sure, it would have made it easier for you to control aggression in the lane against us."

It's important to get your opponents in on that conversation, because sometimes you make incorrect assumptions about what was right and wrong about your play. You might think you were doing something wrong, and get "Actually, I was really scared when that was happening and I hit my groove when it stopped" from your opponent. Other times your opponents can help just by describing their plan. An ADC in one of my games kept eating my bubbles, and after the game during discussion I described specifically how I was aiming them, and how he could have reacted differently, not just to avoid them, but also turn the aggression back on me so that I had to be more careful.

Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
Arghmyliver
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1081 Posts
September 04 2013 03:33 GMT
#1239
Registration
- Ingame name
Arghmyliver
- Rank and division
Unranked/Bronze
- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
Jungle
ADC
- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
Shyvanna/GP
Caitlyn/Quinn
- If you are Plat or higher, just include rank and division
One day...
Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
September 04 2013 05:22 GMT
#1240
Post-match discussions are perfectly fine and great, as long as they don't devolve into shouting matches about things neither side knows for sure without looking at the replay. There was a game last week that happened where Blue team was struggling to win, then managed to beat Purple team due to a couple bad mistakes, then for over 15 minutes afterwards, people from both teams were just arguing back and forth "No we were ahead, we just threw it" "No you really weren't that far ahead" "We were winning fights of course we were ahead" "We had better farm and more turrets we were ahead" "You were not ahead." I couldn't even get a word in. At that point, I just left for a new game. Completely pointless discussion -___-
Writer:o
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 83
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 548
IndyStarCraft 100
BRAT_OK 37
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29928
Bisu 1810
Shuttle 1452
Hyuk 945
Mini 504
EffOrt 463
Larva 294
ZerO 255
firebathero 192
hero 62
[ Show more ]
Hyun 48
Mong 44
PianO 43
Trap 40
Sexy 36
Killer 34
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 19
zelot 19
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Liquid`Ret 0
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
qojqva1916
Dendi949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 570
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1500
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
fl0m2287
singsing1959
B2W.Neo963
FrodaN932
Beastyqt656
Mlord418
Hui .233
Liquid`VortiX167
Livibee164
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King67
Trikslyr33
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 40
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7831
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Other Games
• Shiphtur244
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 38m
INu's Battles
19h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.