• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:20
CEST 22:20
KST 05:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8017 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 35

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
August 22 2013 05:20 GMT
#681
On August 22 2013 14:13 remedium wrote:
August is clearly the magic TL inhouse month. Two years in a row, that's hard science.

Summer just ended so people starting "school" aka subsidized video game time.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
3 Lions
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3705 Posts
August 22 2013 05:23 GMT
#682
I wanted to give a shoutout to a player that I was very impressed with tonight, FieldOfDreams.
guy is level 20 (dunno if he is smurf or not, w/e) with 16? champs. I guess he was forced to pick Ezreal into a Caitlyn lane, which is a pretty horrendous matchup and he held his own for the most part.

I really admired his willingness to go all-in and be assertive. His aggressive use of arcane shift, while a bit liberal, gave the opposing lane (me) a feeling of danger that really shouldn't have been felt. The only suggestions I would give him to work on would be to understand auto-attack ranges more, as he and Janna lost lane pressure completely by level 4 due to harass from Thresh and I.

Otherwise, he played waaaay beyond a level 20, his positioning in teamfights was pretty solid, and he didn't get caught and cost his team the game like me

ye just wanted to give props to probably the best level 20 of all time l0l
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
August 22 2013 05:25 GMT
#683
gotta get all dat gaming in right before school

anyways I have a couple questions that I didn't quite get discussed during the game. I was Brandonito, played Leona support twice. Both games had an Eve jungle.

How exactly do you ward against an eve jungle? Should all of your wards just be pinks and you should always pink their far away lane bush as well as the river? Is there any use for green wards?

Also, as for sightstone. Both games I didn't even get it as I pretty much just massed pink wards around the map. Should I be getting it later in the game to throw down some wards? I think the answer is yes but Orb (Lee sin) who went sightstone so I didn't end up doing it. If not sightstone, what type of early item(s) should I be going for?
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 22 2013 05:40 GMT
#684
Best plays today was either OSS17's baller Crescendo that hit four enemies and his team just melted them all. Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-22 05:44:48
August 22 2013 05:44 GMT
#685
On August 22 2013 14:23 3 Lions wrote:
I wanted to give a shoutout to a player that I was very impressed with tonight, FieldOfDreams.
guy is level 20 (dunno if he is smurf or not, w/e) with 16? champs. I guess he was forced to pick Ezreal into a Caitlyn lane, which is a pretty horrendous matchup and he held his own for the most part.

I really admired his willingness to go all-in and be assertive. His aggressive use of arcane shift, while a bit liberal, gave the opposing lane (me) a feeling of danger that really shouldn't have been felt. The only suggestions I would give him to work on would be to understand auto-attack ranges more, as he and Janna lost lane pressure completely by level 4 due to harass from Thresh and I.

Otherwise, he played waaaay beyond a level 20, his positioning in teamfights was pretty solid, and he didn't get caught and cost his team the game like me

ye just wanted to give props to probably the best level 20 of all time l0l

I personally like posts like this. Commend your fellow TL LoL user if they did well. Positive reinforcement is good.
I'd like to credit Roffles for his ability to pitch tents and Milo for the best Equalizers I've seen, ever.

On August 22 2013 14:25 Complete wrote:
gotta get all dat gaming in right before school

anyways I have a couple questions that I didn't quite get discussed during the game. I was Brandonito, played Leona support twice. Both games had an Eve jungle.

How exactly do you ward against an eve jungle? Should all of your wards just be pinks and you should always pink their far away lane bush as well as the river? Is there any use for green wards?

Also, as for sightstone. Both games I didn't even get it as I pretty much just massed pink wards around the map. Should I be getting it later in the game to throw down some wards? I think the answer is yes but Orb (Lee sin) who went sightstone so I didn't end up doing it. If not sightstone, what type of early item(s) should I be going for?


Against Eve, if you want to pink (in bot lane) try and pink in the forward brush (one closest to your enemies). If you get lucky, you can pink the tribush, hopefully use that to clear an enemy ward for some monies, then have that pink watch for Eve.

Always Sightstone as Support. Always, unquestionably.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
August 22 2013 05:52 GMT
#686
Played about 5 games tonight, didn't win a game, but learned a lot and had a good time.

Too much to focus on any one game really, I was practicing Nami and so came out of the games with a good general sense of things I can improve on.

Notably:

No panic Q's when Blitz gets a good grab on my ADC, I need to focus on targeting correctly and hit the opposing ADC instead of Blitz to help keep my ADC safe.

I need to use my skills better, and more often in lane at all times to help keep my ADC not just alive, but beefed up in order to help them poke, CS and set up opportunities to win trades in lane.

I need to not waste my ult**

Better placement choices for my pink wards, to gain and hold vision dominance.


More to come as I play more games :p

In particular I want to thank StorrZerg for his point-by-point analysis of my first 3 games. He and Roffles in and after game 2 were particularly helpful and informative on some basic things I need to focus on right now.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
zcxvbn
Profile Joined August 2009
United States257 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-22 06:42:18
August 22 2013 06:37 GMT
#687
First game ez/sona vs leona/draven: lane phase went okay. Played it out really safely, but my cs'ing wasn't as good as draven and I fell behind ~10 by 10 minutes. We got a nice gank by eve though (when draven went ballistic on sona for no reason and got crescendo'd and bursted). But then I think she went a bit too ham and got caught under tower in later ganks with leona ult/draven ult and gave a few kills back. Also there was a gank where I didn't notice kass teleporting in until too late, resulting in a pretty nasty countergank. Top and Mid seemed to lose pretty hard and the game just snowballed from there.

Second game ez/nami vs twitch/thresh: I got hit by some poke early and also lagged out a bit at the start, leading to a 20 cs deficit early on. After that though I stayed relatively even in cs. Nami facechecked lane brushes several times which caused some deaths/flashes, so we ended up losing our turret, but I managed to stay alive. The rest of the game didn't go well in our favour but we got some picks, so I got several kills and ended positive, but still 50 cs down to twitch and wasn't able to turn the game around.

Third game janna/vayne vs ez/zyra: Went a stupid path when I was going back through our jungle and nearly got killed by invade. This meant vayne was zoned pretty badly for the first two or three levels. Got killed once or twice through dives, although vayne picked up a kill and actually ended up okay in lane, being even or slightly ahead in cs. We were doing okay in general, but a few throws (Kiss doesn't play Galio lol) and also I wasn't good at peeling for vayne. Need to practice pressing R at the right time.

Last game ez/sona vs sivir/lulu: Started off very well as sivir and lulu somehow got overaggressive and kept feeding me kills. At one point I was 5-0, although I wasn't farming well (partly marvelling at the incredulity of the situation, I need to keep focused). A few good ganks by lee sin allowed sivir to come back somewhat however. We still held an advantage in the mid-game but kind of threw it away by dilly-dallying, I also fed a few unnecessary kills playing too aggressive. Eventually Nasus just got too big and steamrolled us. I used a standard adc build since I was snowballing early but it didn't feel like it did enough damage, and blue build would have probably been better for self peeling.

All in all, thanks for the games and the feedback. I'm sorry I couldn't speak, I hope to resolve that issue, it was definitely a factor in the first three games.

@Nemireck I think you were the Nami in one of my games? I think you need to be careful facechecking bushes against strong bot lanes like twitch/thresh. Otherwise you did fine, good game
NA: proberecall
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
August 22 2013 06:38 GMT
#688
--- Nuked ---
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
August 22 2013 07:25 GMT
#689
Ya that was me lol. Trust me, I was kicking myself both (all 3?) times... Believe it or not, I know better, I was just mindlessly moving to ward the bush.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
August 22 2013 08:54 GMT
#690
Registration
- Ingame name
azerbaijan
- Rank and division
Silver 3
- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
ADC/Jungle/Support
- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
ADC: Varus/Graves
Jungle: Maokai/Lee Sin
Support: Janna/??? I need to pick up another support since I guess Soraka is no longer cool
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
August 22 2013 12:43 GMT
#691
Shoutout to Storrzerg for giving the analyses post-game last night

I found a lot of flaws in my gameplay that could be easily fixed
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 22 2013 14:17 GMT
#692
Sounds like you guys had fun last night, sorry I missed it again.
ShoreT
Profile Joined August 2008
United States489 Posts
August 22 2013 15:00 GMT
#693
On August 22 2013 14:40 NeoIllusions wrote:
Best plays today was either OSS17's baller Crescendo that hit four enemies and his team just melted them all. Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.


Nope, best play was Nemirock's 4-man Nami Bubble during our level 1 fight (very first game). 4 Person bubble is like a having an ulti at level 1.
Derp
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-22 15:15:51
August 22 2013 15:11 GMT
#694
Last nights games taught me that despite doing decently on supports and jungle (like, not feeding unreasonably), my sololaning is really, really bad.

Guess I'll try to play more of top/mid, coz I'm really lacking right now. So if you see me on your team, be prepared for some feeding.

And don't let me pick kennen. Like, ever.

Also:
On August 22 2013 14:40 NeoIllusions wrote:
Best plays today was either OSS17's baller Crescendo that hit four enemies and his team just melted them all. Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.


*Blush*
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
MCMilo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States365 Posts
August 22 2013 16:01 GMT
#695
i hate you all.
Anakko
Profile Joined August 2012
France1934 Posts
August 22 2013 16:02 GMT
#696
On August 23 2013 00:00 ShoreT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2013 14:40 NeoIllusions wrote:
Best plays today was either OSS17's baller Crescendo that hit four enemies and his team just melted them all. Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.


Nope, best play was Nemirock's 4-man Nami Bubble during our level 1 fight (very first game). 4 Person bubble is like a having an ulti at level 1.


NOBODY DIED SO ITS NOT A BEST PLAY

but damn, that bubble.
TrAce/Cpt Jack for president (or both)
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
August 22 2013 16:17 GMT
#697
On August 22 2013 14:40 NeoIllusions wrote:
Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.


booya grandma

NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 22 2013 16:21 GMT
#698
On August 23 2013 00:00 ShoreT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2013 14:40 NeoIllusions wrote:
Best plays today was either OSS17's baller Crescendo that hit four enemies and his team just melted them all. Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.


Nope, best play was Nemirock's 4-man Nami Bubble during our level 1 fight (very first game). 4 Person bubble is like a having an ulti at level 1.

If it had been a real engage, I'd definitely credit Nemirock as well. But that level 1 was unfortunately just Roffles and I posturing. No kills were made.

On August 23 2013 00:11 Anakko wrote:
Last nights games taught me that despite doing decently on supports and jungle (like, not feeding unreasonably), my sololaning is really, really bad.

Guess I'll try to play more of top/mid, coz I'm really lacking right now. So if you see me on your team, be prepared for some feeding.

And don't let me pick kennen. Like, ever.

Also:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2013 14:40 NeoIllusions wrote:
Best plays today was either OSS17's baller Crescendo that hit four enemies and his team just melted them all. Or the Swain that stole Baron with Nevermore.


*Blush*


Your Kennen was fine. Just group earlier. Like way earlier.
You have to realize your role in the team comp. You're a Kennen, who has a god damn AoE stun, not a Singed. So like I said before over TS, you should never be solopushing a lane after 20 min, every team fight requires you to be there.
Also, getting picked off because you overextended lost us some tempo.

npnp, learning is good.

On August 23 2013 01:01 MCMilo wrote:
i hate you all.

<3
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
August 22 2013 16:29 GMT
#699
Had fun playing last night though. I understand its supposed to be serious but I got to practice Thresh/Fizz and Swain a bit (plus a jungle Karthus) which I mostly don't play much/at all.

Only suggestion I can make to people (Mathias/Roffles) is to relax a bit. All the yelling/swearing isn't really necessary in a pickup custom game.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
August 22 2013 16:34 GMT
#700
I hear stuff about Mathies already. >_>
Will continue to collect users' feedback about the IHs.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason90
Nathanias 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 570
White-Ra 180
firebathero 80
910 46
Killer 29
Trap 24
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9572
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr81
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam476
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe141
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub103
UpATreeSC57
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 40m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.