• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8679 users

[WCS] IEM Katowice - Day 1 - Page 103

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 126 Next
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 02 2016 20:56 GMT
#2041
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 02 2016 20:56 GMT
#2042
On March 03 2016 05:54 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:51 Hider wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:37 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:36 Hider wrote:
Demuslim needs to shut up about the whole Major copying Koreans down to a teeth. YES he likes to study korean build orders, but his mid/late game is not comparable to any top koreans at all.

Also which pro player doesn't study korean builds lol


Demuslim I guess lol. Always perceived him as more of an intuitive than analytical player that "studies" the game.

He should have studied Byun when Byun played on NA and farmed Demuslim for like 15 straight wins one day

iirc it was 17-0
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 02 2016 20:57 GMT
#2043
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

To be fair, his corruptor style always involved speed roaches. But I think the need for/strength of ravagers in relation to their cost makes roach/ravager/corruptor unappealing in the midgame.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 20:58:47
March 02 2016 20:57 GMT
#2044
On March 03 2016 05:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?

ling/bane is straight up inferior because of the larva nerf

On March 03 2016 05:57 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

To be fair, his corruptor style always involved speed roaches. But I think the need for/strength of ravagers in relation to their cost makes roach/ravager/corruptor unappealing in the midgame.

actually no, you could go ling/bane/corruptor without roaches but it was bad vs 4M and only worked vs thor/hellbat/marauder comps
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 02 2016 20:58 GMT
#2045
On March 03 2016 05:57 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?

ling/bane is straight up inferior because of the larva nerf

ok thanks for all the answers guys
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-02 20:59:33
March 02 2016 20:58 GMT
#2046
On March 03 2016 05:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?


I'd say: the higher the level of play, the worse Ling/Bane/Muta gets. Just generally speaking.
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 02 2016 20:59 GMT
#2047
Ling/Bane in silver-plat is free win.
Source : 90% winrate over like 60 games in ZvT over the last few months of HotS.
Writermaru pls
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 02 2016 20:59 GMT
#2048
hahahahhahaha Snute played him
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
March 02 2016 20:59 GMT
#2049
Haha that fake nydus lmao
Neosteel Enthusiast
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 02 2016 21:00 GMT
#2050
Snute you dirty bastard
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
March 02 2016 21:00 GMT
#2051
On March 03 2016 05:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?


I know, PiG is a big fan of ling/bling/muta (and I think corruptors are fine too for that style). I feel like you can pull it off, but it's gotten a lot harder in my opinion. Also openings like 1-2 liberator harass from Terran kind of force you into ravagers early, so it's less of an investment to stay on that techpath in those situations imo. Dunno, I personally also prefer ling/bling based play but it feels like you are 10-20 supply lower in relation to the Terran than previously.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 02 2016 21:00 GMT
#2052
On March 03 2016 05:57 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?

ling/bane is straight up inferior because of the larva nerf

Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:57 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:41 Heartland wrote:
what do you use Vipers for in ZvT? Parasitic bomb?


yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

To be fair, his corruptor style always involved speed roaches. But I think the need for/strength of ravagers in relation to their cost makes roach/ravager/corruptor unappealing in the midgame.

actually no, you could go ling/bane/corruptor without roaches but it was bad vs 4M and only worked vs thor/hellbat/marauder comps

I'm pretty sure Dark always had speed roaches when he went for the corruptor style, slowly replacing them as they died. Might remember that wrong though.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 02 2016 21:01 GMT
#2053
Well, MajOr fails the map awareness test. Liberation zone on top of the dead nydus ._.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Grizvok
Profile Joined August 2014
United States711 Posts
March 02 2016 21:01 GMT
#2054
On March 03 2016 05:56 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:53 Grizvok wrote:
Major has no idea what he is doing. It's disgusting to watch. He's literally just letting Snute build this crazy strong army when he can be and should be attacking yet he gives Snute all the time in the world to make a perfect composition.

Although that's always been the big difference between Europeans/other players and Koreans. The killer instinct. I guarantee any top tier Terran after denying that fourth for so long and having a fourth then even fifth yourself go into crazy aggro-mode.

Despite Liberators being good units Terran will never be the sit back and build the ultimate army race...that died with mech really. Give me that mid game advantage and even I would've had a better shot at taking that game with an endless rally push.


So bad.

It's not a matter of killer instinct lol. You can't always take frontal fights.
The real problem Major has is that he doesn't know how to deal with Snute's army cost effectively.
It's not even a perfect composition yet from Snute...
Sad indeed tho


That's the point you are missing though. Instead of attacking with a huge economic lead he sits back and let's Snute get more Broodlords. His initial Broodlord count was like 5 or 6 yet the lead Major had was ridiculous. You sit back they make more of an extremely expensive unit instead of something they need RIGHT NOW because of your attack. He was light years ahead economically. Attacking forces out suboptimal units because you need them now. Not attacking allows the building of the army you are talking about.
Superbanana
Profile Joined May 2014
2369 Posts
March 02 2016 21:01 GMT
#2055
I like going for corruptor vs terran. You may have trouble with drops tho, so its a bit map dependent.
In PvZ the zerg can make the situation spire out of control but protoss can adept to the situation.
BretZ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1510 Posts
March 02 2016 21:01 GMT
#2056
Are they doing all the ro32 today?
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 02 2016 21:02 GMT
#2057
On March 03 2016 06:00 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 05:57 Ej_ wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:56 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
[quote]

yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

PiG on stream said you could go roach ravager OR ling bane muta in the midgame, so I guess you could try ling bane corruptor ?

ling/bane is straight up inferior because of the larva nerf

On March 03 2016 05:57 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:56 Big J wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:54 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:53 Elentos wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:52 Swisslink wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:48 opisska wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:46 Heartland wrote:
On March 03 2016 05:45 opisska wrote:
[quote]

yes, particularly against someone who stubbornly refuses to split


thanks, I've seen lots of Vipers... but almost always they get a-moved into the fight and die


I have actually never seen this in a pro game before this series in ZvT, I think. But the first game made it really clear that Major has probably neither and he doesn't really have the training in splitting out the green ones.

On the other hand, on ladder, I build vipers every single game the opponent has any air, in any matchup


Haven't seen too many pro games lately: What do the Zerg normally build against this amount of Liberators?
In my games, I'm just totally fucked against Liberators without Vipers.

Well, either they make vipers in addition to infestors, corruptors, queens and maybe ravagers, or they suicide into the liberators and everything goes pop.

Dark played with corruptors instead of mutas in ZvT sometimes in HotS, wouldn't that style do great in the current meta ? -even though Dark was like the only one to manage to make that composition work...


It was a ling/bling style though, not roach/ravager. I find them very hard to pull off straight up in LotV because of the 12 worker + larva nerf combo.

To be fair, his corruptor style always involved speed roaches. But I think the need for/strength of ravagers in relation to their cost makes roach/ravager/corruptor unappealing in the midgame.

actually no, you could go ling/bane/corruptor without roaches but it was bad vs 4M and only worked vs thor/hellbat/marauder comps

I'm pretty sure Dark always had speed roaches when he went for the corruptor style, slowly replacing them as they died. Might remember that wrong though.

there were 2 ways to open:
speed roach/speed bane opening into corruptors (which was 90% of corruptor games)
or standard ling/bane with corruptors (which had weaker midgame than LBM but your hive transition was stronger) (HyuN for example beat Heart at this mad TvZ peak with this)
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
March 02 2016 21:02 GMT
#2058
It won't be enough but MajOr microed that quite well actually
Soularion
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Canada2764 Posts
March 02 2016 21:02 GMT
#2059
On March 03 2016 06:01 BretZ wrote:
Are they doing all the ro32 today?

They're doing one more set of matches, the last two are tomorrow
Writermaru pls
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 02 2016 21:03 GMT
#2060
MAJOR SO UNDERRATE WORST PR
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 126 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 636
Shuttle 511
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 65
Hyun 42
soO 35
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota55
League of Legends
Doublelift184
Counter-Strike
fl0m5452
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
Pyrionflax208
ToD204
Livibee169
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 54m
Patches Events
18h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.