• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:26
CEST 12:26
KST 19:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9198 users

[IEM] Ro16 World Championships 2014 - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 325 Next
Story found here about Naniwa vs. Polt. *Spoilers*
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/446041-naniwa-forfeits-mid-series-at-iem-katowice
http://sc2hl.com/highlight/1148
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
March 14 2014 09:22 GMT
#101
On March 14 2014 18:21 5c0rp10n wrote:
am i seeing this right? only 6 of the 8 ro16 games will be shown?

All will be shown, only 6 on the mainstream I guess.

Maybe they will hide the destruction of Naniwa
Nomzter
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden2802 Posts
March 14 2014 09:23 GMT
#102
On March 14 2014 18:21 5c0rp10n wrote:
am i seeing this right? only 6 of the 8 ro16 games will be shown?

wtf
Dinotramp
Profile Joined August 2012
Nauru2871 Posts
March 14 2014 09:30 GMT
#103
On March 14 2014 18:22 NovaMB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:21 5c0rp10n wrote:
am i seeing this right? only 6 of the 8 ro16 games will be shown?

All will be shown, only 6 on the mainstream I guess.

Maybe they will hide the destruction of Naniwa


That's pretty pants.
RIP Starcraft scene in the UK. Defeated by EG money and Swedish Zergs.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
March 14 2014 09:35 GMT
#104
On March 14 2014 18:16 NovaMB wrote:
I guess you watched a different game to everybody else then?

JD did nothing for 30 Minutes while Hasu tried to kill bases and get his ultimate army. JD went blind Swarm Hosts vs. a normal Gateway+Colossus composition and forced Hasu into the lategame and into that playstyle


Hasu went colo/sentry/blink stalkers. The best/safest response vs that IS swarm host.

Other opinions are

1) early roach/hydra bust - If protoss has enough colossi out and hits there FFs and time wraps, this gets shut down
2) later roach/hydra/corruptor/viper bust - Again, it will come down to the control protoss. If your vipers don't get good pulls, your army get run over because the colossi count is much higher now.
3) Mutas - protoss just defends using stalkers and start with phoenix production
4) Fast hive to ultras, they is really good if unscount, but if protoss sees it coming, they just switch to immortals

A lot of these opinions depend on protoss making a mistake so that is why a lot of zergs end up going swarm hosts.
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
March 14 2014 09:37 GMT
#105
On March 14 2014 18:16 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:09 sitromit wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><

So Swarm Hosts are shit, but Tempests aren't?

When I watched that game, I saw 2 players turtling, not 1. Hell, Jaedong was trying to make more stuff happen with his Roach harass, as unfruitful as it was.

If Swarm Hosts are bad because they lead to turtling games, what are Tempests?

Here's another question people should be asking. In WoL everyone blamed BL/Infestor for the state of PvZ, it got nerfed into the ground, and now everyone is blaming Swarm Hosts. How come it's always the Protoss matchups that end this way?

Does the Protoss deathball basically being unbeatable without a massively defensive, extremely cost efficient army, and as Jaedong vs Hasu showed, even with such an army sometimes, have nothing to do with the way PvZ tends to go eventually?

Please, show me, where I wrote that tempests are lovable or something like this.

Also, you can't just stand above cannons and do nothing, like you can do with swarm hosts. Therefore in my view SH are more shitty than tempest. And I really hate both units, though they are answer on "woo, free units, you cannot walk and here, have some glue, so you cannot even blink" from WoL. I personally think, that free units are just very bad design from Blizzard and since tempest has such a huge range, I count it into the "free units" even though it's not breaking pathing system and it's not using free units at all.

BTW BL/infestor was played even in TvZ, so please, it's not about PvZ only :o)


BL Infestor was not played the same way in TvZ, it was used to just push and end a game, whereas in PvZ it turned into a standoff with tons of static defense. It's no coincidence that it's always PvZ that ends this way.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 14 2014 09:37 GMT
#106
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

AdministratorBreak the chains
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 14 2014 09:38 GMT
#107
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

yeah i love it too when the game gets into late game and protoss has ultimate deathball of doom and swarmhostless zerg loses
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 14 2014 09:39 GMT
#108
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 14 2014 09:41 GMT
#109
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute
AdministratorBreak the chains
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 14 2014 09:43 GMT
#110
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute

turns out you can watch proleague games live and not from vods
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:44:59
March 14 2014 09:43 GMT
#111
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


I guess he already watched that game before...

As for the swarmhost being boring, I think everyone agrees. However, they are needed. A lot of players also feel Photon overcharge and time wrap and forcefields are boring as well. But again, they are needed for 'balance'...
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:44:24
March 14 2014 09:44 GMT
#112
On March 14 2014 18:43 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


I guess he already watched that game before...


Judging from what he said about the game it's pretty clear that he didn't, because that's a gross misintepretation of what happened in the game
AdministratorBreak the chains
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
March 14 2014 09:46 GMT
#113
On March 14 2014 18:44 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:43 vthree wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


I guess he already watched that game before...


Judging from what he said about the game it's pretty clear that he didn't, because that's a gross misintepretation of what happened in the game


Watching the game and intepretating it is very different...
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:47:48
March 14 2014 09:46 GMT
#114
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Stop shitting up this thread please

Swarmhost games in ZvP are mostly terrible but there are games and strategies that are ridiculously fun and fast paced to watch and play. Even WITH swarmhosts every now and then. NO WAY RIGHT?!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:49:51
March 14 2014 09:47 GMT
#115
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


That game was exciting because Rain made so many mistakes, I don't see how you can really debate that. Had he not made those mistakes he would have taken a 4th, gotten stargates up, and had the ability to counter the muta follow up and won easily.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
MaRdoC
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland14 Posts
March 14 2014 09:49 GMT
#116
[image loading]
Crowd about 10 local time, one hour before gates open.
www.sforge.eu - new GM team
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 14 2014 09:51 GMT
#117
On March 14 2014 18:47 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


That game was exciting because Rain made so many mistakes, I don't see how you can really debate that. Had he not made those mistakes he would have taken a 4th, gotten starports up, and had the ability to counter the muta follow up and won easily.


You could easily make the argument that most players wouldn't have gotten lings into Rain's bases and that Rogue being pretty good at Starcraft is what allowed him to. But people prefer to call everything throws. I think people are very biased against PvZ because they've seen a bunch of terrible games and thus can't appreciate a game of PvZ when it's actually good. It's fine to think that the game wasn't good, but saying it was all about the lings and nothing else is selling it pretty short
AdministratorBreak the chains
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:52:55
March 14 2014 09:51 GMT
#118
On March 14 2014 18:47 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


That game was exciting because Rain made so many mistakes, I don't see how you can really debate that. Had he not made those mistakes he would have taken a 4th, gotten starports up, and had the ability to counter the muta follow up and won easily.


THIS. I don't think anyone is trying to say ALL swarmhost games are boring. The problem is more that standard swarmhost v P game tend to end up on the stale side. BL/infestor v P WoL end game was like that as well, although we did get some crazy games with archon toilets or carriers or base trades. It just wasn't the norm.
Rhaeide
Profile Joined November 2008
Spain304 Posts
March 14 2014 09:54 GMT
#119
I hope herO wins this.
♪ www.youtube.com/Rhaeide ♫ LucifroN/VortiX/herO/Scarlett/Flash/EffOrt/BoxeR/Kingdom/Nal_rA
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
March 14 2014 09:54 GMT
#120
On March 14 2014 18:51 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 18:47 Caihead wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:41 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:39 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 18:37 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><


This is what PvZ can look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAOgXmx3mkE

oh you mean when protoss lets tons of lings into his main and natural, doesnt make a 4th and still almost wins?


Well I'm glad you watched the entire game in a minute


That game was exciting because Rain made so many mistakes, I don't see how you can really debate that. Had he not made those mistakes he would have taken a 4th, gotten starports up, and had the ability to counter the muta follow up and won easily.


You could easily make the argument that most players wouldn't have gotten lings into Rain's bases and that Rogue being pretty good at Starcraft is what allowed him to. But people prefer to call everything throws. I think people are very biased against PvZ because they've seen a bunch of terrible games and thus can't appreciate a game of PvZ when it's actually good. It's fine to think that the game wasn't good, but saying it was all about the lings and nothing else is selling it pretty short


What? Are you being real right now, Rain didn't block the choke with a zealot properly, repeatedly even after he noticed it, no amount of Rogue being a good player would have made his lings magically pass through a pylon zealot wall. If a terran made a depot wall that wasn't ling proof and loses 20 scvs to just speedlings you would say the same thing that the terran made a mistake.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 325 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 12227
StarCastTV_EN264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 350
Lowko193
ProTech105
Rex 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 9504
EffOrt 4569
BeSt 1408
Larva 1061
Hyuk 858
ZerO 791
Horang2 689
Hyun 231
Zeus 229
Killer 169
[ Show more ]
Light 165
Stork 144
Barracks 120
Rush 71
Shinee 46
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
Mong 24
Terrorterran 24
PianO 19
Sacsri 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
sorry 6
HiyA 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 683
XcaliburYe358
League of Legends
KnowMe40
Counter-Strike
byalli817
Other Games
singsing1726
olofmeister1404
crisheroes245
Sick156
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King50
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1900
• Stunt356
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
34m
Rex42
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 34m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.