• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:55
CEST 09:55
KST 16:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13014 users

[IEM] Ro16 World Championships 2014 - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 323 324 325 Next
Story found here about Naniwa vs. Polt. *Spoilers*
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/446041-naniwa-forfeits-mid-series-at-iem-katowice
http://sc2hl.com/highlight/1148
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 14 2014 07:15 GMT
#81
On March 14 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
What if Naniwa being emo was all mindgames?

he will get crushed anyway and then become emo real time
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Fkc)Bishop
Profile Joined April 2007
Peru82 Posts
March 14 2014 07:16 GMT
#82
And the spanish stream?
"Lo que llaman talento no es otra cosa más que un arduo y continuo trabajo realizado correctamente"
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
March 14 2014 07:41 GMT
#83
On March 14 2014 16:15 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
What if Naniwa being emo was all mindgames?

he will get crushed anyway and then become emo real time


As you can see, naniwa is practicing very hard before his tough games at IEM...


#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
March 14 2014 07:48 GMT
#84
On March 14 2014 15:22 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 15:21 Lorning wrote:
On March 14 2014 15:20 opterown wrote:
[image loading]

I can't choose D:

They're both so nice looking

this one fits in line though, 15px is the right height for TL i think


I just like the watermelon better because it looks ridiculous when tiny
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
March 14 2014 07:52 GMT
#85
On March 14 2014 16:41 partydude89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 16:15 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
What if Naniwa being emo was all mindgames?

he will get crushed anyway and then become emo real time


As you can see, naniwa is practicing very hard before his tough games at IEM...


https://twitter.com/NaNiwaSC2/status/444372965313236992


inb4 complete troll and he plays well.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
KoRStarvid
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden767 Posts
March 14 2014 07:56 GMT
#86
On March 14 2014 16:41 partydude89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 16:15 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
What if Naniwa being emo was all mindgames?

he will get crushed anyway and then become emo real time


As you can see, naniwa is practicing very hard before his tough games at IEM...


https://twitter.com/NaNiwaSC2/status/444372965313236992

Haha, Naniwa is going to the dark side. He's probably making the correct choice retiring - can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
March 14 2014 07:59 GMT
#87
Can't wait for the games to start to get even more negativity

HerO to beat everyone btw.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Nomzter
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden2802 Posts
March 14 2014 08:01 GMT
#88
I just really hope nobody i like finishes 2nd
Relaaja
Profile Joined November 2011
Finland193 Posts
March 14 2014 08:02 GMT
#89
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
March 14 2014 08:22 GMT
#90
On March 14 2014 16:52 vult wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 16:41 partydude89 wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:15 Ej_ wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:15 Lorning wrote:
What if Naniwa being emo was all mindgames?

he will get crushed anyway and then become emo real time


As you can see, naniwa is practicing very hard before his tough games at IEM...


https://twitter.com/NaNiwaSC2/status/444372965313236992


inb4 complete troll and he plays well.

inb4 he still loses
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
March 14 2014 08:44 GMT
#91
I want to see herO vs Hero! And it is possible, so I hope no1 will destroy the fun! :>
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
March 14 2014 08:50 GMT
#92
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.
AdministratorBreak the chains
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
March 14 2014 08:59 GMT
#93
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:10:06
March 14 2014 09:09 GMT
#94
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><

So Swarm Hosts are shit, but Tempests aren't?

When I watched that game, I saw 2 players turtling, not 1. Hell, Jaedong was trying to make more stuff happen with his Roach harass, as unfruitful as it was.

If Swarm Hosts are bad because they lead to turtling games, what are Tempests?

Here's another question people should be asking. In WoL everyone blamed BL/Infestor for the state of PvZ, it got nerfed into the ground, and now everyone is blaming Swarm Hosts. How come it's always the Protoss matchups that end this way?

Does the Protoss deathball basically being unbeatable without a massively defensive, extremely cost efficient army, and as Jaedong vs Hasu showed, even with such an army sometimes, have nothing to do with the way PvZ tends to go eventually?
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
March 14 2014 09:15 GMT
#95
On March 14 2014 16:59 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Can't wait for the games to start to get even more negativity

HerO to beat everyone btw.

Like how he beat everyone in his WCS group

hehe
Community News
TL+ Member
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
March 14 2014 09:16 GMT
#96
On March 14 2014 18:09 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 17:59 deacon.frost wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:50 Zealously wrote:
On March 14 2014 17:02 Relaaja wrote:
On March 14 2014 16:56 KoRStarvid wrote:
can't really argue the fact that Blizzard is letting the game stay in this state. When I saw Jaedong play swarm host yesterday, I really didn't care that he lost, because if even Jaedong feels forced into playing a passive and boring style, then there's something deeply wrong with the game.

Will be watching this tournament, but I have a feeling I won't be watching much more SC2 for a while - it's just too boring at the moment.


Yesterday was a first time for a long time I watched a single game of PvZ. That matchup is completely shit and I can really feel pro gamer thoughts. Im pretty sure I wont watch a single PvZ in this tournament if Naniwa is not playing. Blizzard please fix this game.


You're wrong, Swarm Hosts are shit. Nothing is wrong with the match-up besides them.

Not exactly. The option to dig swarm hosts AND forget is shit. I really hate these games, where zerg just burrow SH and DO NOT MOVE!!! Like Hasu vs JD >< The possibility to do this in such a fast paced game is ridiculous ><

So Swarm Hosts are shit, but Tempests aren't?

When I watched that game, I saw 2 players turtling, not 1. Hell, Jaedong was trying to make more stuff happen with his Roach harass, as unfruitful as it was.

If Swarm Hosts are bad because they lead to turtling games, what are Tempests?

Here's another question people should be asking. In WoL everyone blamed BL/Infestor for the state of PvZ, it got nerfed into the ground, and now everyone is blaming Swarm Hosts. How come it's always the Protoss matchups that end this way?

Does the Protoss deathball basically being unbeatable without a massively defensive, extremely cost efficient army, and as Jaedong vs Hasu showed, even with such an army sometimes, have nothing to do with the way PvZ tends to go eventually?

Please, show me, where I wrote that tempests are lovable or something like this.

Also, you can't just stand above cannons and do nothing, like you can do with swarm hosts. Therefore in my view SH are more shitty than tempest. And I really hate both units, though they are answer on "woo, free units, you cannot walk and here, have some glue, so you cannot even blink" from WoL. I personally think, that free units are just very bad design from Blizzard and since tempest has such a huge range, I count it into the "free units" even though it's not breaking pathing system and it's not using free units at all.

BTW BL/infestor was played even in TvZ, so please, it's not about PvZ only :o)
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:17:15
March 14 2014 09:16 GMT
#97
I guess you watched a different game to everybody else then?

JD did nothing for 30 Minutes while Hasu tried to kill bases and get his ultimate army. JD went blind Swarm Hosts vs. a normal Gateway+Colossus composition and forced Hasu into the lategame and into that playstyle
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
March 14 2014 09:19 GMT
#98
On March 14 2014 18:15 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 16:59 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Can't wait for the games to start to get even more negativity

HerO to beat everyone btw.

Like how he beat everyone in his WCS group

hehe


No, more like the IEM Cologne version

You know what HerO does. He's the Bomber of protoss except he swings even harder between winning championships with dominant play and getting beaten in WCS America Ro32.

Championship HerO pls
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
5c0rp10n
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany342 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 09:22:15
March 14 2014 09:21 GMT
#99
am i seeing this right? only 6 of the 8 ro16 games will be shown?
| NaNiwa | CJ`herO |
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
March 14 2014 09:21 GMT
#100
[image loading]
View from the booths
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 323 324 325 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 652
soO 533
BeSt 443
Hyuk 406
Killer 66
Mind 40
Shinee 37
Mong 34
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 714
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 507
Counter-Strike
byalli52
Other Games
summit1g9499
olofmeister790
ceh9521
Happy263
Livibee166
Mew2King80
crisheroes78
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick534
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH383
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2298
League of Legends
• Rush1303
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 5m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.