• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8185 users

[IEM] New York Final Day - Page 237

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 Next
AlgeriaT
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2197 Posts
October 14 2013 11:34 GMT
#4721
On October 14 2013 19:59 HolydaKing wrote:
Community News: Xenocider wins IEF, where is Life wins IEM New York?

Not that I care about it too much, but I dislike that it's not spotlighted, I'm sure it'd be already there if Naniwa won.

Easy there, my bitter friend, easy.

Perhaps the IEF thread was opened first because that tournament finished a good number of hours before IEM? Additionally, the IEM feature will probably be much more extensive than the IEF post (that isn't even in featured news by the way, which the IEM article most likely will) and so takes longer to write.
CORN GIRL + Flash + FanTaSy + CholeraSC + iNcontroL 4 eva <3
Quixotic_tv
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Germany130 Posts
October 14 2013 11:48 GMT
#4722
I think it was a great final.

Maybe Life has taken Naniwa not seriously at first, but on paper Naniwa won 2 games out of 6. I do not think it does matter what Life thought before losing those two games.

I really enjoyed those finals, a great display by Naniwa as well. Perhaps he transitioned into Void Rays too often, but nevertheless I personally saw two artists fighting each other. If Life is in shape, it is a miracle how he handles Speedling in my opinion.

Naniwa as well showed that he is a top player.

On a side note, I stumbled into the MLG rebroadcast of a match that Naniwa casted along with Axslav. He was not familiar to the "rhythm" of casting I guess, so he interrupted Ax very often, but in my opinion, the things he said compensated this by far. He predicted the moves and decisions of the players, San and Snute afair, very well and gave good info all in all.

Great finals, great tournament.
Life always finds a way.
Fjodorov
Profile Joined December 2011
5007 Posts
October 14 2013 12:00 GMT
#4723
On October 14 2013 20:48 papalion wrote:
I think it was a great final.

Maybe Life has taken Naniwa not seriously at first, but on paper Naniwa won 2 games out of 6. I do not think it does matter what Life thought before losing those two games.

I really enjoyed those finals, a great display by Naniwa as well. Perhaps he transitioned into Void Rays too often, but nevertheless I personally saw two artists fighting each other. If Life is in shape, it is a miracle how he handles Speedling in my opinion.

Naniwa as well showed that he is a top player.

On a side note, I stumbled into the MLG rebroadcast of a match that Naniwa casted along with Axslav. He was not familiar to the "rhythm" of casting I guess, so he interrupted Ax very often, but in my opinion, the things he said compensated this by far. He predicted the moves and decisions of the players, San and Snute afair, very well and gave good info all in all.

Great finals, great tournament.


I remember when Naniwa and khaldor would cast games together sometimes in korea and it was great fun. Its always so impressive to see how good these pro's are at reading the game. Didnt know about this mlg thing, wish I had seen it.
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
October 14 2013 12:39 GMT
#4724
On October 14 2013 16:31 NarutO wrote:
And I am still waiting for this world to stop hating.

I actually dont see many fans around here. Fans cheer on their player. Fans will be upset when he finishes second but they wil be happy he showed a good tournament. Real fans don't hate and bash others.

Life won and he was the clearly superior player. It could have been a 4-0 and people who saw the finals should be aware of it. The starcraft scene would be alot richer if people would not bring as much negativity to the table.

I like Naniwa as player and also when I see him at tournaments because he is a cool guy (even though we had our moments haha) but in the end I see a good player making a deep run in a Korean field. If anything you can be proud. Bashing a Korean or Life is stupid and if some of you guys ask Koreans to learn English or show you more of their person you should first off give them a chance. I would not feel welcome outside of Korea if I was to be Korean in Starcraft to be honest.


Well played Life, congratz. Also to Naniwa for a good show!


Great post. You should consider posting it over on reddit as well to keep the hordes of Faniwas in check.

But was there not a lot of bashing going on between SKT and KT fans?
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 14 2013 12:42 GMT
#4725
On October 14 2013 21:39 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 16:31 NarutO wrote:
And I am still waiting for this world to stop hating.

I actually dont see many fans around here. Fans cheer on their player. Fans will be upset when he finishes second but they wil be happy he showed a good tournament. Real fans don't hate and bash others.

Life won and he was the clearly superior player. It could have been a 4-0 and people who saw the finals should be aware of it. The starcraft scene would be alot richer if people would not bring as much negativity to the table.

I like Naniwa as player and also when I see him at tournaments because he is a cool guy (even though we had our moments haha) but in the end I see a good player making a deep run in a Korean field. If anything you can be proud. Bashing a Korean or Life is stupid and if some of you guys ask Koreans to learn English or show you more of their person you should first off give them a chance. I would not feel welcome outside of Korea if I was to be Korean in Starcraft to be honest.


Well played Life, congratz. Also to Naniwa for a good show!


Great post. You should consider posting it over on reddit as well to keep the hordes of Faniwas in check.

But was there not a lot of bashing going on between SKT and KT fans?


S/KT is difference because it was all about the teams. In this case, it's all directed at a single player - the person, mostly, not just the way he plays. With the Telecom teams, there was still some sense of hardcore rivalry, but in this case it's just schaudenfreude whenever Naniwa loses and whining about him being an asshole whenever he wins.
AdministratorBreak the chains
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
October 14 2013 12:44 GMT
#4726
On October 14 2013 21:39 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 16:31 NarutO wrote:
And I am still waiting for this world to stop hating.

I actually dont see many fans around here. Fans cheer on their player. Fans will be upset when he finishes second but they wil be happy he showed a good tournament. Real fans don't hate and bash others.

Life won and he was the clearly superior player. It could have been a 4-0 and people who saw the finals should be aware of it. The starcraft scene would be alot richer if people would not bring as much negativity to the table.

I like Naniwa as player and also when I see him at tournaments because he is a cool guy (even though we had our moments haha) but in the end I see a good player making a deep run in a Korean field. If anything you can be proud. Bashing a Korean or Life is stupid and if some of you guys ask Koreans to learn English or show you more of their person you should first off give them a chance. I would not feel welcome outside of Korea if I was to be Korean in Starcraft to be honest.


Well played Life, congratz. Also to Naniwa for a good show!


Great post. You should consider posting it over on reddit as well to keep the hordes of Faniwas in check.

But was there not a lot of bashing going on between SKT and KT fans?


I don't even know in which thread I should post that
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 14 2013 12:47 GMT
#4727
Sad, that Life was too careless, but hey, everyone seems satisfied from that.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Beyond Magic
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland130 Posts
October 14 2013 12:55 GMT
#4728
Generally i really don't like naniwas personality that much but i think he's one of the "real" professional gamers.

You can see that the way he has prepared is generally on another level compared to other foreigners.
Others might have putted a lot of hours on practicing as well, but probably on whole different mindset/seriousness.

Not that i dislike other foreigners or anything like that but i have to raise my hat to Naniwa for his performance.

nerf toss+zerg !
gg
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
October 14 2013 13:01 GMT
#4729
On October 14 2013 21:44 NarutO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 21:39 Aunvilgod wrote:
On October 14 2013 16:31 NarutO wrote:
And I am still waiting for this world to stop hating.

I actually dont see many fans around here. Fans cheer on their player. Fans will be upset when he finishes second but they wil be happy he showed a good tournament. Real fans don't hate and bash others.

Life won and he was the clearly superior player. It could have been a 4-0 and people who saw the finals should be aware of it. The starcraft scene would be alot richer if people would not bring as much negativity to the table.

I like Naniwa as player and also when I see him at tournaments because he is a cool guy (even though we had our moments haha) but in the end I see a good player making a deep run in a Korean field. If anything you can be proud. Bashing a Korean or Life is stupid and if some of you guys ask Koreans to learn English or show you more of their person you should first off give them a chance. I would not feel welcome outside of Korea if I was to be Korean in Starcraft to be honest.


Well played Life, congratz. Also to Naniwa for a good show!


Great post. You should consider posting it over on reddit as well to keep the hordes of Faniwas in check.

But was there not a lot of bashing going on between SKT and KT fans?


I don't even know in which thread I should post that


The thread about Naniwa which has roughly 3 times the upvotes of the champion thread.

On October 14 2013 19:39 SChlafmann wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 19:22 XtreMe_au wrote:
On October 14 2013 18:55 KelsierSC wrote:
Just finished watching the VODS for the final day.

Absolutely incredible tournament, impressed with Life as always

But what wow, Naniwa.

Just an incredible effort and amazing play. I can't see an argument for him not being the best foreigner at the moment.


Scarlett getting RO4 WCS NA, RO8 S2 Finals and this season TBD. If she places well this season then she's done much better than Naniwa.


As Nani said during this IEM, they need to play each other to know who is the best foreigner atm, but they sure are top 2.


I think he just said that so calm the fans. One match does not mean shit.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
ThePlagueJG
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden1010 Posts
October 14 2013 13:04 GMT
#4730
On October 14 2013 21:42 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 21:39 Aunvilgod wrote:
On October 14 2013 16:31 NarutO wrote:
And I am still waiting for this world to stop hating.

I actually dont see many fans around here. Fans cheer on their player. Fans will be upset when he finishes second but they wil be happy he showed a good tournament. Real fans don't hate and bash others.

Life won and he was the clearly superior player. It could have been a 4-0 and people who saw the finals should be aware of it. The starcraft scene would be alot richer if people would not bring as much negativity to the table.

I like Naniwa as player and also when I see him at tournaments because he is a cool guy (even though we had our moments haha) but in the end I see a good player making a deep run in a Korean field. If anything you can be proud. Bashing a Korean or Life is stupid and if some of you guys ask Koreans to learn English or show you more of their person you should first off give them a chance. I would not feel welcome outside of Korea if I was to be Korean in Starcraft to be honest.


Well played Life, congratz. Also to Naniwa for a good show!


Great post. You should consider posting it over on reddit as well to keep the hordes of Faniwas in check.

But was there not a lot of bashing going on between SKT and KT fans?


S/KT is difference because it was all about the teams. In this case, it's all directed at a single player - the person, mostly, not just the way he plays. With the Telecom teams, there was still some sense of hardcore rivalry, but in this case it's just schaudenfreude whenever Naniwa loses and whining about him being an asshole whenever he wins.


You must be walking on clouds today :D Anyway I agree with everything you just wrote too. He's getting a lot more unjustified hate than he deserves.
ThorZaIN | NaNiwa | SaSe | PartinG | sOs | Jaedong | sOs restored passion!
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
October 14 2013 13:09 GMT
#4731
On October 14 2013 22:01 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 21:44 NarutO wrote:
On October 14 2013 21:39 Aunvilgod wrote:
On October 14 2013 16:31 NarutO wrote:
And I am still waiting for this world to stop hating.

I actually dont see many fans around here. Fans cheer on their player. Fans will be upset when he finishes second but they wil be happy he showed a good tournament. Real fans don't hate and bash others.

Life won and he was the clearly superior player. It could have been a 4-0 and people who saw the finals should be aware of it. The starcraft scene would be alot richer if people would not bring as much negativity to the table.

I like Naniwa as player and also when I see him at tournaments because he is a cool guy (even though we had our moments haha) but in the end I see a good player making a deep run in a Korean field. If anything you can be proud. Bashing a Korean or Life is stupid and if some of you guys ask Koreans to learn English or show you more of their person you should first off give them a chance. I would not feel welcome outside of Korea if I was to be Korean in Starcraft to be honest.


Well played Life, congratz. Also to Naniwa for a good show!


Great post. You should consider posting it over on reddit as well to keep the hordes of Faniwas in check.

But was there not a lot of bashing going on between SKT and KT fans?


I don't even know in which thread I should post that


The thread about Naniwa which has roughly 3 times the upvotes of the champion thread.

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 19:39 SChlafmann wrote:
On October 14 2013 19:22 XtreMe_au wrote:
On October 14 2013 18:55 KelsierSC wrote:
Just finished watching the VODS for the final day.

Absolutely incredible tournament, impressed with Life as always

But what wow, Naniwa.

Just an incredible effort and amazing play. I can't see an argument for him not being the best foreigner at the moment.


Scarlett getting RO4 WCS NA, RO8 S2 Finals and this season TBD. If she places well this season then she's done much better than Naniwa.


As Nani said during this IEM, they need to play each other to know who is the best foreigner atm, but they sure are top 2.


I think he just said that so calm the fans. One match does not mean shit.


Posted in the thank you naniwa thread. Hope that was it :-)! Thanks
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Keeemy
Profile Joined November 2012
Finland7855 Posts
October 14 2013 13:27 GMT
#4732
Yo guys I'm still waiting for an awesome hype article about Life's win.

Don't disappoint!
Hello
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
October 14 2013 13:38 GMT
#4733
Just curious as I tend to not watch too many Z matches, when did burrow come back into popularity?
SChlafmann
Profile Joined September 2011
France725 Posts
October 14 2013 13:42 GMT
#4734
On October 14 2013 22:38 ReignSupreme. wrote:
Just curious as I tend to not watch too many Z matches, when did burrow come back into popularity?


When Life saw that Nani was never going robo maybe
"More GG, more skill" - Nope! Chuck Testa - #BISU2013
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
October 14 2013 14:02 GMT
#4735
On October 14 2013 22:38 ReignSupreme. wrote:
Just curious as I tend to not watch too many Z matches, when did burrow come back into popularity?


When Life decided that having mercy with his already overwhelmed opponents was just useless waste of time.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
October 14 2013 15:09 GMT
#4736
So I moved last week and didn't have internet until today. Seems like I hit the worst timing and missed a great event .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
SChlafmann
Profile Joined September 2011
France725 Posts
October 14 2013 15:15 GMT
#4737
On October 14 2013 23:02 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 22:38 ReignSupreme. wrote:
Just curious as I tend to not watch too many Z matches, when did burrow come back into popularity?


When Life decided that having mercy with his already overwhelmed opponents was just useless waste of time.


When Life realised he wasn't able to win without it.
"More GG, more skill" - Nope! Chuck Testa - #BISU2013
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
October 14 2013 15:49 GMT
#4738
On October 15 2013 00:15 SChlafmann wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 23:02 Aunvilgod wrote:
On October 14 2013 22:38 ReignSupreme. wrote:
Just curious as I tend to not watch too many Z matches, when did burrow come back into popularity?


When Life decided that having mercy with his already overwhelmed opponents was just useless waste of time.


When Life realised he wasn't able to win without it.

I take it you're an expert in Life's play
AdministratorBreak the chains
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
October 14 2013 15:52 GMT
#4739
On October 15 2013 00:09 Musicus wrote:
So I moved last week and didn't have internet until today. Seems like I hit the worst timing and missed a great event .

Yep. There were some surprisingly good ZvP matches in this tournament (this is coming from someone who finds XvP usually incredibly boring due to the deathball-y nature of Protoss).
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
October 14 2013 15:56 GMT
#4740
On October 14 2013 14:35 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 14:10 Lobotomist wrote:
Holy shit, just watched those games. Life is just insane with zerglings. Definitely reminded me of those games against Flash for...first HotS GSL? Where he dodged a million widow mine shots. Anyway, those were great games.

You're thinking of the first hots MLG
ah, yeah, of course! thanks.
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
Prev 1 235 236 237 238 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 180
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9423
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe139
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub100
UpATreeSC55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 39m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.