• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8011 users

[WCS Season 1 Final] Group Selection - Page 18

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
yrt123
Profile Joined October 2012
Singapore1246 Posts
June 04 2013 15:30 GMT
#341
On June 05 2013 00:23 ZenithM wrote:
Top Koreans like Soulkey or Innovation have never looked so far away from the foreign competition. They're like 2-3 ladder leagues apart.


I feel the same. Still, would be interesting to see how just how far that gap really is. Soulkey will play either TLO/Stephano and RorO will play against Dimaga. Soulkey will probably roll over them since he's beast in ZvZ
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 15:52:58
June 04 2013 15:50 GMT
#342
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
June 04 2013 15:58 GMT
#343
On June 04 2013 18:04 Laryleprakon wrote:
I really hope this isn't fully random, I want to see the best players in the ro8 not just people who got a lucky group.


wow the discrediting already started... lol that was unexpected.
love esports - hate homophobia
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 16:04:21
June 04 2013 15:59 GMT
#344
Time for Innovation to redeem himself with a TvZ only victory.

On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

Wait, I subscribe to gom yet I'm not getting VOD's for this?
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
June 04 2013 16:05 GMT
#345
On June 05 2013 00:59 Derez wrote:
Time for Innovation to redeem himself with a TvZ only victory.

Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

Wait, I subscribe to gom yet I'm not getting VOD's for this?


Bogus gonna 3-0 his group.

Dropping even a map will be a huge upset.
Play your best
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
June 04 2013 16:25 GMT
#346
On June 05 2013 01:05 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 00:59 Derez wrote:
Time for Innovation to redeem himself with a TvZ only victory.

On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

Wait, I subscribe to gom yet I'm not getting VOD's for this?


Bogus gonna 3-0 his group.

Dropping even a map will be a huge upset.

He would need to 4-0 to advance. If you're talking about match score and not maps, then he'd need to go back and beat someone a second time after advancing. Either way, that isn't a likely score.
Chengakz
Profile Joined January 2012
United States163 Posts
June 04 2013 16:26 GMT
#347
Hard to be optimistic that the foreigners and Hero will advance. Also, im predicting MVP to FAIL so that he will crush everyone in his group!
For Aiur!
ReMinD_
Profile Joined May 2013
Croatia846 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 16:36:12
June 04 2013 16:35 GMT
#348
Dammit, my favorite players (Stephano, TLO and Soulkey) all in the same group. Only one missing is Life. Who to cheer for?
Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these.
pylonsalad
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada649 Posts
June 04 2013 16:37 GMT
#349
Woonjin Stars finals with sOs winning.
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
June 04 2013 16:39 GMT
#350
Innovation will have a nice time in his group i guess. Hard preppin dat TvZ, all his enemies focus on ZvZ.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 16:41:03
June 04 2013 16:39 GMT
#351
TLO will sacrifice himself so Stephano can take the only foreign spot.

God, i was looking forward to see ForGG against Innovation but this wont happen i guess
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
June 04 2013 16:52 GMT
#352
Soulkey and Innovation final once again. Unless random bracket put them against each other sooner than they should. Or MVP vs SK/Inno and MVP takes it all will be awesome as well
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
June 04 2013 16:54 GMT
#353
rooting for sos to win this
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
trudodyr
Profile Joined March 2011
182 Posts
June 04 2013 17:11 GMT
#354
On June 04 2013 18:37 00Visor wrote:
A: Soulkey, Stephano
B: MVP, KangHo
C: Symbol, sOs
D: Inno, RorO

agreed
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
June 04 2013 17:27 GMT
#355
On June 05 2013 01:05 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 00:59 Derez wrote:
Time for Innovation to redeem himself with a TvZ only victory.

On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

Wait, I subscribe to gom yet I'm not getting VOD's for this?


Bogus gonna 3-0 his group.

Dropping even a map will be a huge upset.

Never count out Roaches.
Darmuth
Profile Joined June 2011
United States62 Posts
June 04 2013 17:27 GMT
#356
Okay I missed the drawing but I'm really confused here. When I happened upon the thread I saw the rules in the OP but they make no sense with the results. in particular...

3. 2 more players will be seeded into Group A. Region will be selected by Lottery, and the next rank from the region will be seeded in.

4. Repeat step 3 for groups B ~ D


Now this is where it throws me, I am assuming rank has to to where they finished in their respective regions, so if this is how it went, group A by lottery drew NA first, well the next rank in there would have been Revival who finished 2nd, not Alive who finished 3rd/4th, and then EU would have been drawn and then the next rank should have been Stephano who finished 2nd not TLO who finished 5. And this goes on with the groups. At least by how I'm interpreting the rules the first 3 people in each group should be:

Group A: Soulkey - Revival - Stephano
Group B: Mvp - Ryung - Symbol
Group C: HerO - ForGG - sOs
Group D: INnoVation - aLive - DIMAGA

With RorO - TLO - Alicia - KangHo left to be determined by random draw

And in just doing this I see how unbalanced this is giving a huge leg up to later groups, so I have to missing a piece to the puzzle here. So where am I going wrong? Or if someone could just point me to the VOD of the drawing (English casting please) so I can see what happened myself, cause I have to be misinterpreting the rules somehow.
vinsang1000
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium365 Posts
June 04 2013 17:30 GMT
#357
this video is magic !
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
June 04 2013 17:31 GMT
#358
They are seriously going with a MSL group format into knockout when they have the time and resources to do a round robin?
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
cablesc
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1540 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 17:50:33
June 04 2013 17:46 GMT
#359
On June 05 2013 02:27 Darmuth wrote:
Okay I missed the drawing but I'm really confused here. When I happened upon the thread I saw the rules in the OP but they make no sense with the results. in particular...

Show nested quote +
3. 2 more players will be seeded into Group A. Region will be selected by Lottery, and the next rank from the region will be seeded in.

4. Repeat step 3 for groups B ~ D


Now this is where it throws me, I am assuming rank has to to where they finished in their respective regions, so if this is how it went, group A by lottery drew NA first, well the next rank in there would have been Revival who finished 2nd, not Alive who finished 3rd/4th, and then EU would have been drawn and then the next rank should have been Stephano who finished 2nd not TLO who finished 5. And this goes on with the groups. At least by how I'm interpreting the rules the first 3 people in each group should be:

Group A: Soulkey - Revival - Stephano
Group B: Mvp - Ryung - Symbol
Group C: HerO - ForGG - sOs
Group D: INnoVation - aLive - DIMAGA

With RorO - TLO - Alicia - KangHo left to be determined by random draw

And in just doing this I see how unbalanced this is giving a huge leg up to later groups, so I have to missing a piece to the puzzle here. So where am I going wrong? Or if someone could just point me to the VOD of the drawing (English casting please) so I can see what happened myself, cause I have to be misinterpreting the rules somehow.


They only seeded in the three WCS winners and the 2nd place of host country Korea (Innovation). Everyone else was drawn from pods so that each group had one player from KR, AM, and EU. So for soulkey's group they drew from the AM pod and the EU pod. For the last four players, they were put in one container and drawn randomly for each remaining group spot.
Slayers Forever! Rip. :( - Not the eSports organizer, that's CableStarcraft.
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
June 04 2013 17:53 GMT
#360
Innovation will be cheesed SO hard. Roach/Bane all-in every game inc. xD
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings167
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4872
Jaedong 3987
Leta 2060
EffOrt 744
Horang2 496
BeSt 401
Soma 398
Mini 295
Rush 254
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Killer 220
Light 179
Barracks 138
Zeus 129
Pusan 118
Snow 114
Larva 112
ggaemo 111
Sea.KH 64
JYJ 53
Mong 52
hero 44
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 34
Sharp 33
Shinee 23
sorry 22
Sexy 16
Aegong 15
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6916
Dendi675
XaKoH 513
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_96
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns44488
singsing1623
olofmeister1283
B2W.Neo715
byalli535
Lowko345
Livibee192
DeMusliM131
OGKoka 103
ArmadaUGS86
mouzStarbuck39
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream230
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 9m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.