• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:52
CEST 09:52
KST 16:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12657 users

[WCS Season 1 Final] Group Selection - Page 19

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Darmuth
Profile Joined June 2011
United States62 Posts
June 04 2013 17:58 GMT
#361
On June 05 2013 02:46 cablesc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 02:27 Darmuth wrote:
Okay I missed the drawing but I'm really confused here. When I happened upon the thread I saw the rules in the OP but they make no sense with the results. in particular...

3. 2 more players will be seeded into Group A. Region will be selected by Lottery, and the next rank from the region will be seeded in.

4. Repeat step 3 for groups B ~ D


Now this is where it throws me, I am assuming rank has to to where they finished in their respective regions, so if this is how it went, group A by lottery drew NA first, well the next rank in there would have been Revival who finished 2nd, not Alive who finished 3rd/4th, and then EU would have been drawn and then the next rank should have been Stephano who finished 2nd not TLO who finished 5. And this goes on with the groups. At least by how I'm interpreting the rules the first 3 people in each group should be:

Group A: Soulkey - Revival - Stephano
Group B: Mvp - Ryung - Symbol
Group C: HerO - ForGG - sOs
Group D: INnoVation - aLive - DIMAGA

With RorO - TLO - Alicia - KangHo left to be determined by random draw

And in just doing this I see how unbalanced this is giving a huge leg up to later groups, so I have to missing a piece to the puzzle here. So where am I going wrong? Or if someone could just point me to the VOD of the drawing (English casting please) so I can see what happened myself, cause I have to be misinterpreting the rules somehow.


They only seeded in the three WCS winners and the 2nd place of host country Korea (Innovation). Everyone else was drawn from pods so that each group had one player from KR, AM, and EU. So for soulkey's group they drew from the AM pod and the EU pod. For the last four players, they were put in one container and drawn randomly for each remaining group spot.


AH so ...
3. 2 more players will be seeded into Group A. Region will be selected by Lottery, and the next rank from the region will be seeded in."

...from the OP was pretty much wrong then. Was random region, and once that was figured out random from within region now see that makes a lot more sense.
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
June 04 2013 17:59 GMT
#362
No VOD?
SSVnormandy
Profile Joined July 2012
France392 Posts
June 04 2013 18:00 GMT
#363
anybody know something about VOD disponibility for this event?
Battlecruisers.... Just Battlecruisers...
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
June 04 2013 18:05 GMT
#364
Group C MY BODY IS READDDDDDY !

RIP MKP
Toshirotl
Profile Joined January 2012
Portugal128 Posts
June 04 2013 18:29 GMT
#365
It was just a lottery placement guys, not worth watching VOD of it
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
June 04 2013 18:51 GMT
#366
Haha, Korean hell! That should really be the name of it...Atleast for the foreigners ^_^


Cool video! Hope that the foreigners can make us proud! =)
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
June 04 2013 19:19 GMT
#367
On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

To come back to this, going by the graphic on this page:

http://www.gomtv.net/2013wcs1finals/premiumzone/

I assume the slightly yellow colored boxes signify what's included in a ticket and that all the yearly GSL passes cover the WCS final VOD's too.
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5652 Posts
June 04 2013 19:29 GMT
#368
2 of the 3 Protoss in the same group, lame.
don't wall off against random
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
June 04 2013 19:36 GMT
#369
On June 05 2013 04:19 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

To come back to this, going by the graphic on this page:

http://www.gomtv.net/2013wcs1finals/premiumzone/

I assume the slightly yellow colored boxes signify what's included in a ticket and that all the yearly GSL passes cover the WCS final VOD's too.


Yeah but I'm not sure that the WCS global finals don't count as an Extra Tournament.
dreaming of a sunny day
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 20:09:36
June 04 2013 19:49 GMT
#370
On June 05 2013 04:36 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 04:19 Derez wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

To come back to this, going by the graphic on this page:

http://www.gomtv.net/2013wcs1finals/premiumzone/

I assume the slightly yellow colored boxes signify what's included in a ticket and that all the yearly GSL passes cover the WCS final VOD's too.


Yeah but I'm not sure that the WCS global finals don't count as an Extra Tournament.

Ah yes they could play it like that.

Would be insane if Gom screws over yearly pass holders even more after devaluing the pass all year long already.
Popkiller
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3415 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 20:08:50
June 04 2013 20:05 GMT
#371
hoping that Alive beats Stephano and Hero can beat Symbol so we have a slightly more balanced Ro8

but if Ryung and Mvp can both get out of their group, we can lose Alive to Stephano, that's cool.

Hoping for:

Soulkey, Stephano
Mvp, Ryung
sOs, Hero
Innovation, Roro

But I'm thinking Losira makes it out of group B and Symbol out of C, unfortunately.
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
June 04 2013 20:06 GMT
#372
On June 05 2013 04:49 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 04:36 packrat386 wrote:
On June 05 2013 04:19 Derez wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

To come back to this, going by the graphic on this page:

http://www.gomtv.net/2013wcs1finals/premiumzone/

I assume the slightly yellow colored boxes signify what's included in a ticket and that all the yearly GSL passes cover the WCS final VOD's too.


Yeah but I'm not sure that the WCS global finals don't count as an Extra Tournament.

Ah yes they could play it like that.

Would be insane if Gom screws over yearly pass holders even more after devauling the pass all year long already.

agreed. i would appreciate my yearly ticket allowing me to watch at least the VODs from the actual GOMTV broadcast for this event.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 20:23:30
June 04 2013 20:19 GMT
#373
On June 05 2013 05:06 Schelim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 04:49 Derez wrote:
On June 05 2013 04:36 packrat386 wrote:
On June 05 2013 04:19 Derez wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:50 Proseat wrote:
On June 05 2013 00:07 vandelayindustries wrote:
So I'm a bit confused still—we do need to purchase the premium ticket to get access to any VODs? I asked on GOM's forum yesterday but got no response.

I wonder as well. I would like to watch the VOD as the live stream is on at times when I'm at work. This is part of the conclusion of this first season where WCS KR was produced by GOM. I have a year-long premium+ subscription with GOM. Yet I cannot watch anything of the season finals now. I wish Blizzard actually helped out in this regard, as OGN is hard to interact with. Or is Doa around and can help with this?

To come back to this, going by the graphic on this page:

http://www.gomtv.net/2013wcs1finals/premiumzone/

I assume the slightly yellow colored boxes signify what's included in a ticket and that all the yearly GSL passes cover the WCS final VOD's too.


Yeah but I'm not sure that the WCS global finals don't count as an Extra Tournament.

Ah yes they could play it like that.

Would be insane if Gom screws over yearly pass holders even more after devauling the pass all year long already.

agreed. i would appreciate my yearly ticket allowing me to watch at least the VODs from the actual GOMTV broadcast for this event.

The season finals are an integral part of WCS hosted by the Korean region as the starter this year. Would be really dumb if it was excluded from the yearly passes.

Can somebody subscribed to their Twitch channel confirm whether they have the VOD there?

http://twitch.tv/wcs_gsl/videos

I'm fairly certain it is here:

http://twitch.tv/wcs_osl/videos

But I don't want to subscribe there as well when I already hold a premium+ yearly pass for gomtv.net (as it used to be). If the group selection stream feed from OGN was recorded on GOM's Twitch channel, I really REALLY hope they will also make it available on gomtv.net to their original subscribers.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
SupaDupaFlyPro
Profile Joined May 2013
Italy47 Posts
June 04 2013 20:33 GMT
#374
poor Dimaga
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
June 04 2013 20:40 GMT
#375
So is this 1 plays 4 and 2 plays 3 or 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4? Or has that not been announced yet
Ksi
Profile Joined May 2010
357 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-04 20:44:34
June 04 2013 20:43 GMT
#376
I hate how the GSL group of death means there's no Life, Parting or Flash in this tournament. WCS is such a mess. Either region lock the shit or give Koreans 12 out of the 16 seeds and bump the GSL prizepool to 4x the other WCS tournies. The current format just robs us of seeing the best players compete against each other while simultaneously stomping on the neck of the entire non-korean scene.
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
June 04 2013 20:48 GMT
#377
On June 05 2013 05:43 Ksi wrote:
I hate how the GSL group of death means there's no Life, Parting or Flash in this tournament. WCS is such a mess. Either region lock the shit or give Koreans 12 out of the 16 seeds and bump the GSL prizepool to 4x the other WCS tournies. The current format just robs us of seeing the best players compete against each other while simultaneously stomping on the neck of the entire non-korean scene.


Blame PartinG's ego, he started this.
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
June 04 2013 20:51 GMT
#378
On June 05 2013 05:43 Ksi wrote:
I hate how the GSL group of death means there's no Life, Parting or Flash in this tournament. WCS is such a mess. Either region lock the shit or give Koreans 12 out of the 16 seeds and bump the GSL prizepool to 4x the other WCS tournies. The current format just robs us of seeing the best players compete against each other while simultaneously stomping on the neck of the entire non-korean scene.

that's not quite how it works. two people advance from the group, so the group of death actually had nothing to do with Parting not being in this tournament. he did make it to the round of 8, he just lost there and in his 5th/6th place consolation match. i see what you're saying in general though, but i'm not sure either of Flash or Life are significantly stronger than the 6 WCS KR guys that made it, especially not Flash.
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
June 04 2013 21:04 GMT
#379
On June 05 2013 05:51 Schelim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2013 05:43 Ksi wrote:
I hate how the GSL group of death means there's no Life, Parting or Flash in this tournament. WCS is such a mess. Either region lock the shit or give Koreans 12 out of the 16 seeds and bump the GSL prizepool to 4x the other WCS tournies. The current format just robs us of seeing the best players compete against each other while simultaneously stomping on the neck of the entire non-korean scene.

that's not quite how it works. two people advance from the group, so the group of death actually had nothing to do with Parting not being in this tournament. he did make it to the round of 8, he just lost there and in his 5th/6th place consolation match. i see what you're saying in general though, but i'm not sure either of Flash or Life are significantly stronger than the 6 WCS KR guys that made it, especially not Flash.


on the flipside, Rain who is the best proleague player and probably best Protoss disnt even make it through the gsl ro32. Thats just how it is in tournaments. The best are the guys that make it, not the ones who were good in other tournaments.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
June 04 2013 21:19 GMT
#380
That's what makes the GSL so interesting because practically every round/group stage you will have at least two heavy weights going head to head against one another. I think we need to see more heavy weights facing one another on a more frequent basis to bring up the entertainment factor.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 652
soO 533
BeSt 443
Hyuk 406
Killer 66
Mind 40
Shinee 37
Mong 34
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 659
XcaliburYe179
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister705
ceh9503
Happy276
Livibee166
Mew2King81
crisheroes70
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH375
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.