• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8748 users

[Code A] GSL S1 2013 Preliminaries - Page 96

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1954 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 Next
.Wraath
Profile Joined May 2012
United States262 Posts
February 01 2013 00:11 GMT
#1901
I cant find Jjakji's bracket, who did he lose to?
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
February 01 2013 00:11 GMT
#1902
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:58 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:43 Alryk wrote:
On February 01 2013 03:47 Rewera wrote:
This is the beginning of Kespa teams players domination. 12/20 preliminary winners but 16/20 runner-ups. Code A soon will be dominated by Kespa and then they will start to drag Code S players. One by one. Take them into Kepsa meatgrinder in code A, then Kespa meatgrinder in Code B an bye bye. Non Kespa teams will crumble. Then there will be one team-league [10-12 teams] and one single competition format. [Kespa Gom merger].


...what.

The vast majority of GOM A-team players are already in code A/S. For Kespa A-teamers to not have taken at least half the spots would have been very bad. Note only (I believe) soulkey making it to Ro16 this season, with Innovation to play later. hardly any kespa players made it through Up and Downs (one?). Code A is certainly not going to be dominated by kespa players anytime soon.

On February 01 2013 04:01 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 03:48 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Idk I think it would be kind of embarrassing for Kespa to not make up the majority of finalists at this point. Almost all the good ESF players are already in the GSL so the Kespa players are only going up against low Code A and Code B talent. This isn't "kespa domination"

It's only the start of the kespa domination. It's only going to get worst from here for the ESF players even if it does take a little bit longer. But it will eventually happen.


If the start of kespa domination included Flash, Jaedong, Bbyong, sOs, Trap, and Fantasy all falling out of the U&D's, and only RorO and Soulkey (Innovation tonight) in Code S... kespa domination is not that great.

Edit: You also aren't taking into account proportions. This could go either way, but how many ESF players were registered in comparison to Kespa players? If Kespa had more players participating, you would expect them to qualify more players.

I've touched on the u/d situation before. Keep in min that the ESF players only had that one group to focus on and one group of maps. Whereas the Kespa players had many different players to practice for (Pro League) on an almost entirely different map pool. Flash himself even said that he didn't give his all in the u/d's because he clearly couldn't practice for it with his tight schedule for Pro League. I'm sure the same can be said about the rest of the players.

Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:12 GMT
#1903
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:58 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:43 Alryk wrote:
On February 01 2013 03:47 Rewera wrote:
This is the beginning of Kespa teams players domination. 12/20 preliminary winners but 16/20 runner-ups. Code A soon will be dominated by Kespa and then they will start to drag Code S players. One by one. Take them into Kepsa meatgrinder in code A, then Kespa meatgrinder in Code B an bye bye. Non Kespa teams will crumble. Then there will be one team-league [10-12 teams] and one single competition format. [Kespa Gom merger].


...what.

The vast majority of GOM A-team players are already in code A/S. For Kespa A-teamers to not have taken at least half the spots would have been very bad. Note only (I believe) soulkey making it to Ro16 this season, with Innovation to play later. hardly any kespa players made it through Up and Downs (one?). Code A is certainly not going to be dominated by kespa players anytime soon.

On February 01 2013 04:01 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]
It's only the start of the kespa domination. It's only going to get worst from here for the ESF players even if it does take a little bit longer. But it will eventually happen.


If the start of kespa domination included Flash, Jaedong, Bbyong, sOs, Trap, and Fantasy all falling out of the U&D's, and only RorO and Soulkey (Innovation tonight) in Code S... kespa domination is not that great.

Edit: You also aren't taking into account proportions. This could go either way, but how many ESF players were registered in comparison to Kespa players? If Kespa had more players participating, you would expect them to qualify more players.

I've touched on the u/d situation before. Keep in min that the ESF players only had that one group to focus on and one group of maps. Whereas the Kespa players had many different players to practice for (Pro League) on an almost entirely different map pool. Flash himself even said that he didn't give his all in the u/d's because he clearly couldn't practice for it with his tight schedule for Pro League. I'm sure the same can be said about the rest of the players.

Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
February 01 2013 00:13 GMT
#1904
On February 01 2013 09:11 .Wraath wrote:
I cant find Jjakji's bracket, who did he lose to?

Lost to a noname terran ("Mercury")
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 00:16:57
February 01 2013 00:14 GMT
#1905
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:58 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:43 Alryk wrote:
[quote]

...what.

The vast majority of GOM A-team players are already in code A/S. For Kespa A-teamers to not have taken at least half the spots would have been very bad. Note only (I believe) soulkey making it to Ro16 this season, with Innovation to play later. hardly any kespa players made it through Up and Downs (one?). Code A is certainly not going to be dominated by kespa players anytime soon.

[quote]

If the start of kespa domination included Flash, Jaedong, Bbyong, sOs, Trap, and Fantasy all falling out of the U&D's, and only RorO and Soulkey (Innovation tonight) in Code S... kespa domination is not that great.

Edit: You also aren't taking into account proportions. This could go either way, but how many ESF players were registered in comparison to Kespa players? If Kespa had more players participating, you would expect them to qualify more players.

I've touched on the u/d situation before. Keep in min that the ESF players only had that one group to focus on and one group of maps. Whereas the Kespa players had many different players to practice for (Pro League) on an almost entirely different map pool. Flash himself even said that he didn't give his all in the u/d's because he clearly couldn't practice for it with his tight schedule for Pro League. I'm sure the same can be said about the rest of the players.

Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:15 GMT
#1906
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:58 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]
I've touched on the u/d situation before. Keep in min that the ESF players only had that one group to focus on and one group of maps. Whereas the Kespa players had many different players to practice for (Pro League) on an almost entirely different map pool. Flash himself even said that he didn't give his all in the u/d's because he clearly couldn't practice for it with his tight schedule for Pro League. I'm sure the same can be said about the rest of the players.

Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


That's how much time the ESF players had before the Kespa transition.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
February 01 2013 00:18 GMT
#1907
On February 01 2013 09:15 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
[quote]
Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


That's how much time the ESF players had before the Kespa transition.

So by this logic, a new player can never catch up. We will be stuck watching the same players forever because it takes 2.5 years to learn the game. And SC2 is easier then BW yet it takes 2.5 years just to catch up to the current pros?
"Expert" mods4ever.com
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
February 01 2013 00:18 GMT
#1908
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:58 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]
I've touched on the u/d situation before. Keep in min that the ESF players only had that one group to focus on and one group of maps. Whereas the Kespa players had many different players to practice for (Pro League) on an almost entirely different map pool. Flash himself even said that he didn't give his all in the u/d's because he clearly couldn't practice for it with his tight schedule for Pro League. I'm sure the same can be said about the rest of the players.

Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


Because everyone else had 2.5 years headstart (somehow). Meaning that when Kespa players get 2.5 years of practice they will arbitrarily be as good as the people playing for 5 years.

Clearly the magic number.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:18 GMT
#1909
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
On February 01 2013 04:58 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]
I've touched on the u/d situation before. Keep in min that the ESF players only had that one group to focus on and one group of maps. Whereas the Kespa players had many different players to practice for (Pro League) on an almost entirely different map pool. Flash himself even said that he didn't give his all in the u/d's because he clearly couldn't practice for it with his tight schedule for Pro League. I'm sure the same can be said about the rest of the players.

Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.


Yeah but 2 1/2 year old builds weren't viable in brood war like they are in SC2. That's why I said what I said because those old builds can still be used and you can win with them.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
February 01 2013 00:19 GMT
#1910
On February 01 2013 09:18 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
[quote]
Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.


Yeah but 2 1/2 year old builds weren't viable in brood war like they are in SC2. That's why I said what I said because those old builds can still be used and you can win with them.

So you're saying that SC2 takes longer to learn than BW? But also BW is harder than SC2?
"Expert" mods4ever.com
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:19 GMT
#1911
On February 01 2013 09:18 bittman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
[quote]
Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


Because everyone else had 2.5 years headstart (somehow). Meaning that when Kespa players get 2.5 years of practice they will arbitrarily be as good as the people playing for 5 years.

Clearly the magic number.


They've already caught up to the players who've played 2.5 years in well under a year. So, I don't see why you're trying to be sarcastic.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
February 01 2013 00:20 GMT
#1912
On February 01 2013 09:15 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:09 mrtomjones wrote:
[quote]
Ahh yes... always excuses for people like you. I wonder when those will stop


There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


That's how much time the ESF players had before the Kespa transition.


Most of the eSF players did start playing on the first day of beta... Plus do you only count Kespa 'transitition' when they switched full time?
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:20 GMT
#1913
On February 01 2013 09:19 Die4Ever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:18 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]

There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.


Yeah but 2 1/2 year old builds weren't viable in brood war like they are in SC2. That's why I said what I said because those old builds can still be used and you can win with them.

So you're saying that SC2 takes longer to learn than BW? But also BW is harder than SC2?


That's because BW was already figured out and everything was mechanically harder in terms of doing everything manually. SC2 hasn't been figured out yet.
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:21 GMT
#1914
On February 01 2013 09:20 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:15 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]

There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


That's how much time the ESF players had before the Kespa transition.


Most of the eSF players did start playing on the first day of beta... Plus do you only count Kespa 'transitition' when they switched full time?


No, I'm including when they switched during the hybrid pro league. Not when they started playing full time.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
February 01 2013 00:24 GMT
#1915
On February 01 2013 09:20 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:19 Die4Ever wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:18 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
[quote]

I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.


Yeah but 2 1/2 year old builds weren't viable in brood war like they are in SC2. That's why I said what I said because those old builds can still be used and you can win with them.

So you're saying that SC2 takes longer to learn than BW? But also BW is harder than SC2?


That's because BW was already figured out and everything was mechanically harder in terms of doing everything manually. SC2 hasn't been figured out yet.

What about HotS? That'll be everyone starting fresh. It comes out March 12th.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
February 01 2013 00:25 GMT
#1916
On February 01 2013 09:19 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:18 bittman wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 05:13 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]

There's a difference between excuses and fact. I've clearly stated facts based off what the players themselves said. I really see your posts as reasons to argue with me. Not sure why you hate on Kespa players so much, especially when they're the ones that made StarCraft what it is from the start to finish.


I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


Because everyone else had 2.5 years headstart (somehow). Meaning that when Kespa players get 2.5 years of practice they will arbitrarily be as good as the people playing for 5 years.

Clearly the magic number.


They've already caught up to the players who've played 2.5 years in well under a year. So, I don't see why you're trying to be sarcastic.


Yes, I'm not denying that they haven't caught up. I don't know why you think this means that they'll then surpass ala the Elephant article which has been and will continue to be proven as an elitist mockery of genuinely good players that just don't happen to be in Kespa.

Any sarcasm here is because it's honestly hard to take you seriously, which is why there are like 5 people refuting to everything you say.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:25 GMT
#1917
On February 01 2013 09:24 Die4Ever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:20 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:19 Die4Ever wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:18 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]

Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.


Yeah but 2 1/2 year old builds weren't viable in brood war like they are in SC2. That's why I said what I said because those old builds can still be used and you can win with them.

So you're saying that SC2 takes longer to learn than BW? But also BW is harder than SC2?


That's because BW was already figured out and everything was mechanically harder in terms of doing everything manually. SC2 hasn't been figured out yet.

What about HotS? That'll be everyone starting fresh. It comes out March 12th.


Yeah, I said 1 year after hots.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
February 01 2013 00:27 GMT
#1918
On February 01 2013 09:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:24 Die4Ever wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:20 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:19 Die4Ever wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:18 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
[quote]

Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years? There are huge shifts in the meta game. You don't have to re-learn all that. It is like saying that a lot BW players have had 5+ years of pro RTS experience so we shouldn't compare until players like Creator, Life, Maru also have 5 years of pro experience.


Yeah but 2 1/2 year old builds weren't viable in brood war like they are in SC2. That's why I said what I said because those old builds can still be used and you can win with them.

So you're saying that SC2 takes longer to learn than BW? But also BW is harder than SC2?


That's because BW was already figured out and everything was mechanically harder in terms of doing everything manually. SC2 hasn't been figured out yet.

What about HotS? That'll be everyone starting fresh. It comes out March 12th.


Yeah, I said 1 year after hots.

Why a whole year? Why not 1 month? ESF players were dominating foreigners right off the bat, it didn't take them a year. And most foreigners were playing the beta way before, while the ESF players mostly started with the actual release, and some of them even later than that like Life.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
February 01 2013 00:29 GMT
#1919
Yes Crazy-Hydra!!!
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 00:31 GMT
#1920
On February 01 2013 09:25 bittman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 09:19 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:18 bittman wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:14 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:12 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:11 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:10 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:08 vthree wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:05 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 01 2013 09:04 vthree wrote:
[quote]

I don't think sc2 fans hate on Kespa players. I think they just hate the elitist Kespa fans like you.


Cool, I'm an "elitist". And I will continue to stay one.


Weren't you one of those people that said Kespa would dominate Code S by season 5 2012 when Kespa were winning games in WCS?


No, I never said they'd be dominating a particular season. I said futuristically when they have a better understanding of the game or had as much time the ESF players had.


Well, technically, they will never have as much time as eSF players...it is a moving goal post...


No, 2 1/2 years is how much time they had. If Kespa players had 2 1/2 years then that would be more then enough.


Why 2.5 years?


Because everyone else had 2.5 years headstart (somehow). Meaning that when Kespa players get 2.5 years of practice they will arbitrarily be as good as the people playing for 5 years.

Clearly the magic number.


They've already caught up to the players who've played 2.5 years in well under a year. So, I don't see why you're trying to be sarcastic.


Yes, I'm not denying that they haven't caught up. I don't know why you think this means that they'll then surpass ala the Elephant article which has been and will continue to be proven as an elitist mockery of genuinely good players that just don't happen to be in Kespa.

Any sarcasm here is because it's honestly hard to take you seriously, which is why there are like 5 people refuting to everything you say.


Those same 5 people also bare SC2 icons which tells me that you haven't played BW at a top level. The Elephant article also didn't anticipate Blizzard completely making this game easier for casuals which means you do less and less manually which is where Kespa players shined. I believe that they will surpass the ESF players because of the level they played on BW. Sure it's two different games but fundamentally they're the same. A lot of the ESF pros were BW players who failed to post results. A lot of ESF players are retiring too. You don't have to take me seriously Your mind is already made up. Regardless of what I say, you'll believe what you want to believe so I don't really care about "winning you over" or anything like that. This is just one of those early, "I told you so" kind of things when it does happen.
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 119
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 52
Counter-Strike
byalli829
x6flipin30
Other Games
singsing1919
olofmeister1062
Lowko298
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe119
dupreeh100
Livibee52
B2W.Neo38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
15m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 15m
Replay Cast
12h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.