• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:08
CEST 20:08
KST 03:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7329 users

[SPL] EG-Liquid vs Samsung KHAN R2 - Page 83

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 92 Next
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
January 14 2013 14:58 GMT
#1641
On January 14 2013 23:54 TheDougler wrote:
Huh. Guess I still gained a point overall. I feel like no anti team is safe in this format lol. Good thing I wasn't one of the poor schmucks with Jangbi on mine this time.


Haha, I was. Was a real collercoaster ride for me today. HerO as my FPL captain, Roro & Jangbi on anti, Revival on my pro team, EGTL as team. Also have Reality.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
January 14 2013 15:01 GMT
#1642
On January 14 2013 23:50 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 23:39 triforks wrote:
no taeja no win


I think there is much truth in this xD

Taeja is the guy who you can trust to close out a series. He's skilled, He's clutch, he's needed.

But Taeja is 1-2 in ace matches.
dubRa
Profile Joined December 2008
2165 Posts
January 14 2013 15:05 GMT
#1643
On January 14 2013 22:47 SoleSteeler wrote:
Are Jangbi's games any good? None are recommended but is that because people feel bitter? Hmmm.


Hero and Revival game were 3.5/5. Don't watch the Puma game.
quannguyen
Profile Joined January 2012
Vietnam1390 Posts
January 14 2013 15:05 GMT
#1644
OMG I'm in the fucking last place in the FPL ranking hahaha. So much for my first try =)). EGTL and Shy have really screwed me over.

I still believe EGTL can do better than this though. The coach should give Puma a little rest to stabilize his mentality instead of sending him out every match like this. And give Zenio a chance, I'm sure he can deliver
Unlimited Warcraft Works and Super Starcraft Taisen ^^
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
January 14 2013 15:07 GMT
#1645
oh yeah Stephano is set up pretty well for an all-kill, haha
Everyday Girl's Day~!
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
January 14 2013 15:10 GMT
#1646
JAAAAAAAAAAAANG

BAAAAAAAANGEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
January 14 2013 15:16 GMT
#1647
Jangbanged wtf
WriterXiao8~~
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
January 14 2013 15:23 GMT
#1648
On January 15 2013 00:01 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 23:50 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
On January 14 2013 23:39 triforks wrote:
no taeja no win


I think there is much truth in this xD

Taeja is the guy who you can trust to close out a series. He's skilled, He's clutch, he's needed.

But Taeja is 1-2 in ace matches.

Considering EG-TL is overall 1-5 in ace matches he still is the first choice I would think (if you count the seventh set of all-kill format as ace match)
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 14 2013 15:24 GMT
#1649
You mean... Jangbi won it for Khan? Wasn't expecting that, but okay.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
KanoCoke
Profile Joined June 2011
Japan863 Posts
January 14 2013 15:29 GMT
#1650
Well, looks like I fumbled up by picking EG-TL over KT Rolster for this round. I'm quite frankly disappointed.
Will always cheer for: MMA Bomber Taeja Curious Life herO Zest
Severian
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2052 Posts
January 14 2013 15:31 GMT
#1651
On January 14 2013 23:30 4ZakeN87 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 20:40 Malinor wrote:
I don't know how to blame the coach here. Taeja and Jaedong are not there, so the only other viable options are probably Huk and JYP, since I don't think Zenio or Thorzain could have won against Jangbi. Maybe putting your faith in 3 PvPs in a row feels like a better plan? I don't know about that.
That Jangbi played 4gate on Arkanoid last week doesn't mean shit that he is gonna do it again. And you cannot really blame HerO much for that loss, especially since we don't know if he even trained on Arkanoid (he probably trained mostly for Entombed and Ohana, but not much for the fifth map in the series when he expected to be needed probably on the 2nd or 3rd map).
The only strange choice is Puma, but he might just have trained that map all week long, so we don't know that.
Without Jaedong and Taeja, plus Stephano losing the first map, TL is not as deep a team as some make it out to be.

And finally, Jangbi played freakishly well, as did HerO. Sometimes good players just win three matches.


Well they can play Thorzain instead, he has actually won a match unlike Puma.

To be honest I don't get the coaching. Why start with Stephano? He can take out pretty much any terran or protoss player so why risk sending him out against a possible zerg.

Make more sense to go out with a player with more balanced skill in all matchups, like Hero or Thorzain.

I think they took a gamble. SK are doing pretty badly in Proleague so far, and I think EGTL figured there was a decent chance that Stephano could all-kill. The foreigner hope flying into Korea and all-killing a Kespa team would've been a great storyline, and even if he only gets a couple of kills EGTL's other players should be able to handle the rest. They were probably pretty excited when they saw a rookie starter for SK. Unfortunately Stephano lost, and I think even EGTL were surprised that they were unable to clean up afterwards.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
January 14 2013 15:32 GMT
#1652
On January 15 2013 00:23 CrazyBirdman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 00:01 StarVe wrote:
On January 14 2013 23:50 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
On January 14 2013 23:39 triforks wrote:
no taeja no win


I think there is much truth in this xD

Taeja is the guy who you can trust to close out a series. He's skilled, He's clutch, he's needed.

But Taeja is 1-2 in ace matches.

Considering EG-TL is overall 1-5 in ace matches he still is the first choice I would think (if you count the seventh set of all-kill format as ace match)

Yeah, sure he is, but I wouldn't say I trust him to close out a series at the moment.

Especially since his condition is apparently so bad he can't even play normal games for EGTL.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
January 14 2013 15:34 GMT
#1653
Was not sure whether to put stephano or jangbi on my Antiteam last weak because speed/cure was killing me. I decided to trust in someone going full on foreigner and put stephano on my Antiteam instead of jangbi--crisis averted.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
schaf
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1326 Posts
January 14 2013 15:34 GMT
#1654
On January 15 2013 00:31 Severian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 23:30 4ZakeN87 wrote:
On January 14 2013 20:40 Malinor wrote:
I don't know how to blame the coach here. Taeja and Jaedong are not there, so the only other viable options are probably Huk and JYP, since I don't think Zenio or Thorzain could have won against Jangbi. Maybe putting your faith in 3 PvPs in a row feels like a better plan? I don't know about that.
That Jangbi played 4gate on Arkanoid last week doesn't mean shit that he is gonna do it again. And you cannot really blame HerO much for that loss, especially since we don't know if he even trained on Arkanoid (he probably trained mostly for Entombed and Ohana, but not much for the fifth map in the series when he expected to be needed probably on the 2nd or 3rd map).
The only strange choice is Puma, but he might just have trained that map all week long, so we don't know that.
Without Jaedong and Taeja, plus Stephano losing the first map, TL is not as deep a team as some make it out to be.

And finally, Jangbi played freakishly well, as did HerO. Sometimes good players just win three matches.


Well they can play Thorzain instead, he has actually won a match unlike Puma.

To be honest I don't get the coaching. Why start with Stephano? He can take out pretty much any terran or protoss player so why risk sending him out against a possible zerg.

Make more sense to go out with a player with more balanced skill in all matchups, like Hero or Thorzain.

I think they took a gamble. SK are doing pretty badly in Proleague so far, and I think EGTL figured there was a decent chance that Stephano could all-kill. The foreigner hope flying into Korea and all-killing a Kespa team would've been a great storyline, and even if he only gets a couple of kills EGTL's other players should be able to handle the rest. They were probably pretty excited when they saw a rookie starter for SK. Unfortunately Stephano lost, and I think even EGTL were surprised that they were unable to clean up afterwards.


I have to mention that Sola impressed today, winning your first televised match is a good sign for the future!

also dancing roaches in stephano's natural means a cocky player and those are always the most entertaining
Axiom wins more than it loses. Most viewers don't. - <3 TB
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
January 14 2013 15:40 GMT
#1655
On January 15 2013 00:32 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 00:23 CrazyBirdman wrote:
On January 15 2013 00:01 StarVe wrote:
On January 14 2013 23:50 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
On January 14 2013 23:39 triforks wrote:
no taeja no win


I think there is much truth in this xD

Taeja is the guy who you can trust to close out a series. He's skilled, He's clutch, he's needed.

But Taeja is 1-2 in ace matches.

Considering EG-TL is overall 1-5 in ace matches he still is the first choice I would think (if you count the seventh set of all-kill format as ace match)

Yeah, sure he is, but I wouldn't say I trust him to close out a series at the moment.

Especially since his condition is apparently so bad he can't even play normal games for EGTL.

Right, his injury or whatever it is is really bad for EGTL and they generally have problem when it goes the full distance.
Hopefully they can pick up a few wins when he comes back. A TaeJa in top form would easily be able to beat JangBi I think.
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
January 14 2013 15:56 GMT
#1656
I traded for BBatta but I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell he would actually beat Stephano. I just wish revival could have gotten a better chance...
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
January 14 2013 15:57 GMT
#1657
Why'd I have to miss this match? Bah, oh well JANGBANGED
Jaedong & Faker
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 14 2013 16:05 GMT
#1658
Man, EGTL coach, you can't keep shoving Puma into a brick wall if you want to actually win games and not get JangBanged
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
January 14 2013 16:08 GMT
#1659
Ugh x.x We got Jangbanged so hard x.x
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
January 14 2013 16:29 GMT
#1660
WOOOOOO! Captain Jangbang bringin home those FPL points!
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 92 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM766
TKL 385
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 189
BRAT_OK 128
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 766
TKL 385
IndyStarCraft 189
MaxPax 142
BRAT_OK 128
UpATreeSC 92
EmSc Tv 17
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 756
Mini 284
ggaemo 192
firebathero 160
White-Ra 106
910 52
Barracks 48
Hyun 41
Bale 26
Trap 25
[ Show more ]
Killer 23
Shine 23
ToSsGirL 19
soO 15
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4437
Counter-Strike
Fnx 735
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6117
crisheroes1658
Liquid`Hasu1355
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3057
singsing1591
ceh9681
Beastyqt669
B2W.Neo620
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0120
Dewaltoss57
Trikslyr48
KnowMe24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream491
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• kabyraGe 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix18
• 80smullet 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2583
• TFBlade903
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.