• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:52
CEST 14:52
KST 21:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8003 users

[Code S] Semi-Finals 2012 GSL Season 5 - Page 185

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 183 184 185 186 187 188 Next
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
December 01 2012 09:20 GMT
#3681
On December 01 2012 18:11 ES.Genie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

Damn that time was great. Just thinking of the old TvZs where Mvp and MMA completely murdered everyone with their insane multitasking gives me chills. So sad how far this matchup has fallen and that Blizzard isn't doing anything about it. If they could fix it and bring back the old multitask-TvZ, SC2 would gain so much. PvZ would still be shit, but all other matchups would have the potential to produce great games, even TvP and ZvZ.

Edit: I don't want to balance whine, but I do think there are major design flaws and those have to be fixed.

I know it sounds kind of obvious, but the problem with vZ matches is actually because of Z design, or at least primarily. I believe that people, for whatever reason think PvZ is bad because of the Protoss race, whereas I really do feel it's due to Z. I mean, PvT is a hard, hard matchup to play for T, but at the top level it's a much better/balanced matchup than it's given credit for. A ton of the PvT I've watched at this season has been really, really good for the spectator.

When people hadn't figured out how to deal with Protoss compositions and deathballs in vT and vZ, yes Protoss design flaws were being exposed, and Protoss WAS a problem in terms of how it interacted with the other races.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
December 01 2012 09:24 GMT
#3682
On December 01 2012 17:06 Goldfish wrote:
Not sure where most people are but head over to WCG thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=385067&currentpage=12#232

Wolf is (was, he said he'll be back) casting a kart racing game:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/WCG D

Also Khaldor and Tobi will be casting (WC3) Dota soon.
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/WCG A

Your favorite SC2 casters... are casting random games. Sounds really fun.

Edit - It might all be over (Dota starts in about an hour though). Anyway, Wolf casting that kart racing game was fun while it lasted.


WOLF AND DOA CASTING... FIFA 2012:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/WCG D

Also here's Tobi + Khaldor casting WC3 Dota:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/WCG A
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
December 01 2012 09:47 GMT
#3683
On December 01 2012 18:11 ES.Genie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

Damn that time was great. Just thinking of the old TvZs where Mvp and MMA completely murdered everyone with their insane multitasking gives me chills. So sad how far this matchup has fallen and that Blizzard isn't doing anything about it. If they could fix it and bring back the old multitask-TvZ, SC2 would gain so much. PvZ would still be shit, but all other matchups would have the potential to produce great games, even TvP and ZvZ.

Edit: I don't want to balance whine, but I do think there are major design flaws and those have to be fixed.


The current state of match up has nothing to do with how great MVP or MMA were last year. Even the balance is the same as last year, they would still not perform as great because their problems are not really related to balance. MMA lost coach Ryu Won, so his performance plummet, while MVP's injury got worse and he haven't performed really well (to his last year standard) since the beginning of the year.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
December 01 2012 09:59 GMT
#3684
On December 01 2012 18:47 Veldril wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:11 ES.Genie wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

Damn that time was great. Just thinking of the old TvZs where Mvp and MMA completely murdered everyone with their insane multitasking gives me chills. So sad how far this matchup has fallen and that Blizzard isn't doing anything about it. If they could fix it and bring back the old multitask-TvZ, SC2 would gain so much. PvZ would still be shit, but all other matchups would have the potential to produce great games, even TvP and ZvZ.

Edit: I don't want to balance whine, but I do think there are major design flaws and those have to be fixed.


The current state of match up has nothing to do with how great MVP or MMA were last year. Even the balance is the same as last year, they would still not perform as great because their problems are not really related to balance. MMA lost coach Ryu Won, so his performance plummet, while MVP's injury got worse and he haven't performed really well (to his last year standard) since the beginning of the year.

Yeah, agreed, that said the new generation of Terrans don't really play like that either. Closest stylistically to a peak MMA I can think of recently were Ryung's games this season on Whirlwind.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
December 01 2012 10:13 GMT
#3685
Wow, so sad, I wake up to find that both terrans got killed thus we have another ZvZ final. I'll try to catch the final because I'm a fan of Sniper, but I definitely won't be sorry if I miss it, also I might watch the VoDs for the semies but given the current level of negativism and the state of the MU lately, I'm not sure if I want to any more.

I hope nothing bad happens to Ryung, it must be hard getting so close to the peak and not be able to reach it.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
December 01 2012 11:25 GMT
#3686
On December 01 2012 18:20 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:11 ES.Genie wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

Damn that time was great. Just thinking of the old TvZs where Mvp and MMA completely murdered everyone with their insane multitasking gives me chills. So sad how far this matchup has fallen and that Blizzard isn't doing anything about it. If they could fix it and bring back the old multitask-TvZ, SC2 would gain so much. PvZ would still be shit, but all other matchups would have the potential to produce great games, even TvP and ZvZ.

Edit: I don't want to balance whine, but I do think there are major design flaws and those have to be fixed.

I know it sounds kind of obvious, but the problem with vZ matches is actually because of Z design, or at least primarily. I believe that people, for whatever reason think PvZ is bad because of the Protoss race, whereas I really do feel it's due to Z. I mean, PvT is a hard, hard matchup to play for T, but at the top level it's a much better/balanced matchup than it's given credit for. A ton of the PvT I've watched at this season has been really, really good for the spectator.

When people hadn't figured out how to deal with Protoss compositions and deathballs in vT and vZ, yes Protoss design flaws were being exposed, and Protoss WAS a problem in terms of how it interacted with the other races.


I'd have thought most think it's due to zerg. I mean if the protoss does an immortal sentry allin that's as boring as hell, but if it gets to the12343123 spine crawler 123123123 infestor/brood lord stage, then there's nothing in the game more boring than that. Both races are not ideally designed imo!
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 01 2012 11:26 GMT
#3687
On December 01 2012 18:12 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:08 Rui.S wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

life is like 7-0 vs taeja in the last 2 months lol

How much of that period consists of the time Taeja was at his absolute peak? Life's gotten better too, but before that 7-0 Taeja was absolutely miles ahead in head-to-head

they've never played each other at absolute peak, the closes to their absolute peaks on both sides would be GSL RO4
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Bahajinbo
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany488 Posts
December 01 2012 11:41 GMT
#3688
ZvZ finals AGAIN??? Won't watch it, boring matchup.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 11:44:57
December 01 2012 11:42 GMT
#3689
On December 01 2012 20:25 AxionSteel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:20 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:11 ES.Genie wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

Damn that time was great. Just thinking of the old TvZs where Mvp and MMA completely murdered everyone with their insane multitasking gives me chills. So sad how far this matchup has fallen and that Blizzard isn't doing anything about it. If they could fix it and bring back the old multitask-TvZ, SC2 would gain so much. PvZ would still be shit, but all other matchups would have the potential to produce great games, even TvP and ZvZ.

Edit: I don't want to balance whine, but I do think there are major design flaws and those have to be fixed.

I know it sounds kind of obvious, but the problem with vZ matches is actually because of Z design, or at least primarily. I believe that people, for whatever reason think PvZ is bad because of the Protoss race, whereas I really do feel it's due to Z. I mean, PvT is a hard, hard matchup to play for T, but at the top level it's a much better/balanced matchup than it's given credit for. A ton of the PvT I've watched at this season has been really, really good for the spectator.

When people hadn't figured out how to deal with Protoss compositions and deathballs in vT and vZ, yes Protoss design flaws were being exposed, and Protoss WAS a problem in terms of how it interacted with the other races.


I'd have thought most think it's due to zerg. I mean if the protoss does an immortal sentry allin that's as boring as hell, but if it gets to the12343123 spine crawler 123123123 infestor/brood lord stage, then there's nothing in the game more boring than that. Both races are not ideally designed imo!

Everything that Protoss aim to do in that match is constrained because of how Zerg work. Warpgate and things like forcefield are things that are flawed design wise, but aren't the reason PvZ is currently bad. I think it's a combination of Zerg's production/injects, and their lategame comp being insanely strong that makes the match bad, currently. There's also the requirement to make sentries so that you don't die, which also makes things like light, non-committal pressure far too risky for Protoss. Some of these issues are being addressed in HoTS, some aren't.

Protoss has problems too, such as mass warpgate warpins of Zealots against Terran. These problems aren't really applicable to PvZ though.

@opterown, yeah you're right in that, I think that's fair. We can but hope for a peak Taeja vs peak Life match sometime in the future, think it'd be amazing.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 01 2012 11:54 GMT
#3690
anyway, ro4 curse for ryung and bogus, less terrans in code s haha

ryung's run reminds me of byun's in that he overperformed quite a bit and got lucky on his way here, both falling 3-2 in the ro4
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Figgy
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1788 Posts
December 01 2012 11:54 GMT
#3691
On December 01 2012 18:12 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:08 Rui.S wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

life is like 7-0 vs taeja in the last 2 months lol

How much of that period consists of the time Taeja was at his absolute peak? Life's gotten better too, but before that 7-0 Taeja was absolutely miles ahead in head-to-head


Are you kidding? Taking fanboyism to the NEXT level? Taeja was at his ABSOLUTE peak every time he faced Life. Even in the GSL Semi-finals.

Life absolutely mutalated him EVERY...SINGLE...GAME...! Not a single one was even close, Taeja is just simply much worse Zerg imbalance or not.
Bug Fixes Fixed an issue where, when facing a SlayerS terran, completing a hatchery would cause a medivac and 8 marines to randomly spawn nearby and attack it.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 01 2012 11:55 GMT
#3692
On December 01 2012 20:54 Figgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:12 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:08 Rui.S wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

life is like 7-0 vs taeja in the last 2 months lol

How much of that period consists of the time Taeja was at his absolute peak? Life's gotten better too, but before that 7-0 Taeja was absolutely miles ahead in head-to-head


Are you kidding? Taking fanboyism to the NEXT level? Taeja was at his ABSOLUTE peak every time he faced Life. Even in the GSL Semi-finals.

i don't think he was at his absolute peak, but he sure wasn't slumping. probably firing on almost all cylinders, but without the clutch factor
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 11:58:20
December 01 2012 11:57 GMT
#3693
On December 01 2012 20:42 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 20:25 AxionSteel wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:20 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:11 ES.Genie wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

Damn that time was great. Just thinking of the old TvZs where Mvp and MMA completely murdered everyone with their insane multitasking gives me chills. So sad how far this matchup has fallen and that Blizzard isn't doing anything about it. If they could fix it and bring back the old multitask-TvZ, SC2 would gain so much. PvZ would still be shit, but all other matchups would have the potential to produce great games, even TvP and ZvZ.

Edit: I don't want to balance whine, but I do think there are major design flaws and those have to be fixed.

I know it sounds kind of obvious, but the problem with vZ matches is actually because of Z design, or at least primarily. I believe that people, for whatever reason think PvZ is bad because of the Protoss race, whereas I really do feel it's due to Z. I mean, PvT is a hard, hard matchup to play for T, but at the top level it's a much better/balanced matchup than it's given credit for. A ton of the PvT I've watched at this season has been really, really good for the spectator.

When people hadn't figured out how to deal with Protoss compositions and deathballs in vT and vZ, yes Protoss design flaws were being exposed, and Protoss WAS a problem in terms of how it interacted with the other races.


I'd have thought most think it's due to zerg. I mean if the protoss does an immortal sentry allin that's as boring as hell, but if it gets to the12343123 spine crawler 123123123 infestor/brood lord stage, then there's nothing in the game more boring than that. Both races are not ideally designed imo!

Everything that Protoss aim to do in that match is constrained because of how Zerg work. Warpgate and things like forcefield are things that are flawed design wise, but aren't the reason PvZ is currently bad. I think it's a combination of Zerg's production/injects, and their lategame comp being insanely strong that makes the match bad, currently. There's also the requirement to make sentries so that you don't die, which also makes things like light, non-committal pressure far too risky for Protoss. Some of these issues are being addressed in HoTS, some aren't.

Protoss has problems too, such as mass warpgate warpins of Zealots against Terran. These problems aren't really applicable to PvZ though.

@opterown, yeah you're right in that, I think that's fair. We can but hope for a peak Taeja vs peak Life match sometime in the future, think it'd be amazing.


I just mean in general, like a lot of protoss attacks are pretty allinish like you said, if protoss attacks, it's generally allin. you can't do harass or light pressure etc. in the late game they are fun, especially vs zerg with warp prism harass, pity it's not that effective. but yes zerg is a more boring race allround as they play the same in both zvp and zvt for the most part, although i heard mutas and stuff were used today. Zerg doesn't interest me at all, so i didnt bother watching todays games.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
December 01 2012 12:02 GMT
#3694
On December 01 2012 20:54 Figgy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 18:12 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:08 Rui.S wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

life is like 7-0 vs taeja in the last 2 months lol

How much of that period consists of the time Taeja was at his absolute peak? Life's gotten better too, but before that 7-0 Taeja was absolutely miles ahead in head-to-head


Are you kidding? Taking fanboyism to the NEXT level? Taeja was at his ABSOLUTE peak every time he faced Life. Even in the GSL Semi-finals.

Life absolutely mutalated him EVERY...SINGLE...GAME...! Not a single one was even close, Taeja is just simply much worse Zerg imbalance or not.

If you're going to call me a fanboy, at least call me a HerO fanboy because that's true.

Taeja got raped, because he played trash. Life is a great player, one of, if not my absolute favourite Zergs. Their matches thus far just haven't occurred when they've both been on their A-game. I don't think it's being disrespectful to Life because he also played very well, and would have beaten most Terran players operating at their highest level.

MMA vs DRG at Blizzcup is an example of two top level players meeting at the peak of their powers. Regardless of who you were rooting for, you didn't get the sense that your boy didn't bring his chops to the table.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
December 01 2012 12:03 GMT
#3695
vods are still availible on http://www.ign.com/ipl (^_^) just scroll back. XD second semi starts at 06:50:00
Figgy
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1788 Posts
December 01 2012 12:04 GMT
#3696
On December 01 2012 21:02 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 20:54 Figgy wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:12 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 18:08 Rui.S wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:55 Wombat_NI wrote:
On December 01 2012 17:34 nuogaiyen wrote:
Man I'm sick to my stomach, all the great terrans have fallen, at the pro level terrans are having a frustrating time against zerg, LGIMMVP, LiquidTaeja, Ax. Ryung, STBomber, all being knocked out by a zerg, it's one thing to say they've played a bad game, anyone else see a continuing pattern? I can't sleep! I have to rant. Im a big sc2 fan and it sucks to see LoL get masses of viewers while SC2 is bleeding to death. It's pretty obvious there is a problem because Blizzard has started to recognize the use of infestors. If there was not would you think Blizzard just Is randomly testing the potential nerf of the infestor? Don't lose hope TvZ fans there shall be redemption. P.S. I hate to see Taeja who has a 80% win against Zerg lose 0-4 to life.

Support the Ryung movement!!

Taeja played trash against Life. I don't think it's an issue of balance there at all, as I think Taeja's issue are condition-based, due to his wrist. It's not as bad as with MVP thank god. People also forget that MVP was at one point the best marine-tank/multitasking player in the world. He started playing other styles, but not because he thinks they are better, but because he doesn't have the wrists to play his old, optimal way.

I still consider Taeja, when 100% in shape as a player who could win series vs any Zergs, even Life.

life is like 7-0 vs taeja in the last 2 months lol

How much of that period consists of the time Taeja was at his absolute peak? Life's gotten better too, but before that 7-0 Taeja was absolutely miles ahead in head-to-head


Are you kidding? Taking fanboyism to the NEXT level? Taeja was at his ABSOLUTE peak every time he faced Life. Even in the GSL Semi-finals.

Life absolutely mutalated him EVERY...SINGLE...GAME...! Not a single one was even close, Taeja is just simply much worse Zerg imbalance or not.

If you're going to call me a fanboy, at least call me a HerO fanboy because that's true.

Taeja got raped, because he played trash. Life is a great player, one of, if not my absolute favourite Zergs. Their matches thus far just haven't occurred when they've both been on their A-game. I don't think it's being disrespectful to Life because he also played very well, and would have beaten most Terran players operating at their highest level.

MMA vs DRG at Blizzcup is an example of two top level players meeting at the peak of their powers. Regardless of who you were rooting for, you didn't get the sense that your boy didn't bring his chops to the table.


But except for that one Depot lowering instance, he never played "bad" the whole time. Life just stomped on his face and took no prisoners, same as he did with every Terran for the last 2 months not named IMMvP. Taeja played as he always does vs every other Zerg, and payed for it dearly.
Bug Fixes Fixed an issue where, when facing a SlayerS terran, completing a hatchery would cause a medivac and 8 marines to randomly spawn nearby and attack it.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 01 2012 12:13 GMT
#3697
On December 01 2012 21:02 Wombat_NI wrote:
MMA vs DRG at Blizzcup is an example of two top level players meeting at the peak of their powers. Regardless of who you were rooting for, you didn't get the sense that your boy didn't bring his chops to the table.

they both played kinda meh except for the last game haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
December 01 2012 12:22 GMT
#3698
On December 01 2012 21:13 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2012 21:02 Wombat_NI wrote:
MMA vs DRG at Blizzcup is an example of two top level players meeting at the peak of their powers. Regardless of who you were rooting for, you didn't get the sense that your boy didn't bring his chops to the table.

they both played kinda meh except for the last game haha

Hm, good thing my friend just decided to let me log on his GOM acc, which has all every single GOM-streamed tourney VoDs accessible.

You might be right, perhaps game 7 was just so good that it is influencing my views on the rest of the series. Going to actually re-watch and see.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-01 13:07:00
December 01 2012 12:35 GMT
#3699
Edit: Found it
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
THM
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria1131 Posts
December 01 2012 12:45 GMT
#3700
What can I say, Ryung said it best in the end of Game 5
The changes tested on the antiga balance map can't come early enough.
Prev 1 183 184 185 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4872
Jaedong 3987
Leta 2060
EffOrt 744
Horang2 496
BeSt 401
Soma 398
Mini 295
Rush 254
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Killer 220
Light 179
Barracks 138
Zeus 129
Pusan 118
Snow 114
Larva 112
ggaemo 111
JYJ 53
Mong 52
hero 44
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 34
Sharp 33
Shinee 23
sorry 22
Sexy 16
Aegong 15
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6916
Dendi675
XaKoH 527
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_96
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns44488
singsing1623
olofmeister1325
B2W.Neo715
byalli535
Lowko345
Livibee192
DeMusliM131
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS86
mouzStarbuck39
Liquid`VortiX0
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV543
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream230
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 8m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.