• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:15
CEST 15:15
KST 22:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9276 users

[Code S] RO32 Group B 2012 GSL Season 5 - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 71 72 73 Next
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
October 29 2012 15:48 GMT
#41
I'm going with Happy/Hack. No bias here
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 29 2012 16:08 GMT
#42
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 16:30:06
October 29 2012 16:12 GMT
#43
Double post.
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
October 29 2012 16:14 GMT
#44
I'm gonna be running into Sandy if it's not RorO and Symbol advancing
The heart's eternal vow
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
October 29 2012 16:18 GMT
#45
The way Roro dominated DongRaeGu, I think there's no way Symbol can take him out.

However, Symbol also has sick ZvT, so think he will beat either Hack or Happy.

So, just because Symbol seems like an unlucky guy, I'll bet that Happy upsets takes the group, and then Symbol loses twice to Roro and goes down to code A.
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
October 29 2012 16:22 GMT
#46
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

It works two ways, buddy. We can't say that those Zergs are better in the same way we can't say RoRo is better than those Zergs. I chose that "1" tournament because it gives us a sample of how the other Kespa players are doing. Did you even watch the ro16-4 games of the invitational when it was Kespa vs Kespa, or are you just blowing out a lot of hot air? If you haven't, I recommend buying a $10 watch the games and tell me otherwise because I get an indication that your speaking to me blindly without even knowing the level of those games.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
October 29 2012 16:24 GMT
#47
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

you're right, but i would say there is a very good chance Hyvaa, soo and Soulkey are equal or better than roro. anyway, the kespa players still aren't 100% in this game, we still have no idea who will be the best over some time. (i think flash has shown the most potential of them all, but he hasn't won very much yet)
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
October 29 2012 16:30 GMT
#48
I am expecting Happy to upset this group and get out, maybe not in first place, but possibly second, with Roro topping the group. Symbol will tilt after getting Rorolled, and lose easily in the losers match. ;p No idea how he will do it, but I have a feeling Happy will advance in some extremely outlandish fashion. But we will see!
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 29 2012 16:45 GMT
#49
On October 30 2012 01:24 Elroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

you're right, but i would say there is a very good chance Hyvaa, soo and Soulkey are equal or better than roro. anyway, the kespa players still aren't 100% in this game, we still have no idea who will be the best over some time. (i think flash has shown the most potential of them all, but he hasn't won very much yet)


So we can't say Rain is the best Kespa player thus far?
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
October 29 2012 16:46 GMT
#50
On October 29 2012 22:23 Fusilero wrote:
These terrans are going to be so happy if they can take a hack at the zergs, okay that was a horrible pun I sincerely apologise for it.


Symbol will prove you rorong.
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 16:52:39
October 29 2012 16:51 GMT
#51
On October 30 2012 01:45 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 01:24 Elroi wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

you're right, but i would say there is a very good chance Hyvaa, soo and Soulkey are equal or better than roro. anyway, the kespa players still aren't 100% in this game, we still have no idea who will be the best over some time. (i think flash has shown the most potential of them all, but he hasn't won very much yet)


So we can't say Rain is the best Kespa player thus far?

Are we running away from the initial argument? Rain is indeed the best Kespa player on SC2 so far. Why? He got his team to the play offs in PL, made it to ro4 of the GSL on his first try, won WCS Asia, and OSL. RoRo hasn't won any tournaments thus your argument about him being the best Kespa Zerg is illogical after the Rain/Hyvaa series.
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
October 29 2012 16:55 GMT
#52
On October 30 2012 01:45 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 01:24 Elroi wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

you're right, but i would say there is a very good chance Hyvaa, soo and Soulkey are equal or better than roro. anyway, the kespa players still aren't 100% in this game, we still have no idea who will be the best over some time. (i think flash has shown the most potential of them all, but he hasn't won very much yet)


So we can't say Rain is the best Kespa player thus far?


Whoah. Let's all relax, people. Let's just wait for the games. Thus far, Roro has proven himself in more offline tournaments. Let's just say that given MvP results, there are other Kespa zergs who are potentially better than Roro is.

Either way, I'm just excited for the games and they're more than half a day away.
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 29 2012 17:01 GMT
#53
On October 30 2012 01:51 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 01:45 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:24 Elroi wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

you're right, but i would say there is a very good chance Hyvaa, soo and Soulkey are equal or better than roro. anyway, the kespa players still aren't 100% in this game, we still have no idea who will be the best over some time. (i think flash has shown the most potential of them all, but he hasn't won very much yet)


So we can't say Rain is the best Kespa player thus far?

Are we running away from the initial argument? Rain is indeed the best Kespa player on SC2 so far. Why? He got his team to the play offs in PL, made it to ro4 of the GSL on his first try, won WCS Asia, and OSL. RoRo hasn't won any tournaments thus your argument about him being the best Kespa Zerg is illogical after the Rain/Hyvaa series.


Not at all, you just strengthened my arguement. Notice that you took Rain's performance from various tournaments. If we look at Roro, he was one of the top Kespa zergs in PL, made code S from Code A (only Kespa Zerg to do so), top Kespa Zerg in WCS Korean (thus WCS Asia) as well. How is calling him the best Kespa Zerg thus far illogical? If we just use MvP results which you seem to consider more relevant due to time frame and 'level of player'. Shouldn't Baby and Soulkey be considered for #1 as well?

Look, I am not saying Soulkey and SoO aren't great zergs from Kespa. But by results, Roro has to be considered the better player up to now.
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-29 17:04:32
October 29 2012 17:03 GMT
#54
On October 30 2012 01:46 Chunhyang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2012 22:23 Fusilero wrote:
These terrans are going to be so happy if they can take a hack at the zergs, okay that was a horrible pun I sincerely apologise for it.


Symbol will prove you rorong.


Roro will make a symbol out of these terrans showing them just how much of a hack they are as players. LOL!
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
October 29 2012 17:09 GMT
#55
On October 30 2012 02:01 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 01:51 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:45 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:24 Elroi wrote:
On October 30 2012 01:08 vthree wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:35 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 30 2012 00:02 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:39 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:34 vthree wrote:
On October 29 2012 23:32 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Hyvaa even 4-1ed Rain that event.


IMHappy beat Rain as well so I guess Happy is the top eSF Terran...

This tournament was more recent. Also, Rain had won WCS Asia which shows that he was well experienced. Also, he 4-1ed DRG in the same mu a week later and also won OSL. Keep your sarcasm coming. I'll shut you down each and every time.


Have you noticed that you are the only one not considering Roro the top Kespa Zerg so far by results? You keep mentioning about spotlight. The other zergs all had the same chances. Roro was seeded to code A for his PL performances. Which meant he was one of the top PL zergs. He also made it through the WCS Korea which all the other Kespa zergs all tried to do as well.

As others have mentioned, MvP was online and cross server so the results do have less weight compare to these other results. Also, the original poster said 'IMO' and your response was 'you are wrong!' And then you got shut down hard...

People call Rain the best Kespa player as well (and maybe best player overall, Kespa, non Kespa). Using your argument, you could call them wrong as well because he lost 4-1 to hyvaa so hyvaa should be #1 but we just haven't seen him in other tournaments.

The difference is the length of time that has elasped since those PL games. Kespa players have gotten better since then. While Roro may have been doing well at the earliest stages of the transition that doesn't mean that he is the best Zerg. Also, when did I say Hyvaa was "#1" lol I used Hyvaas lopsided win over rain as an example that RoRo might not be the best Kespa zerg that everybody thinks and that there are others in the running that haven't been in the spotlight much. I did however say that I agree that RoRo has done better then all other Kespa zergs by offline tournament results but that doesn't make him the best Kespa zerg. It makes him the most successful thus far. we have yet to see who the best Kespa Zerg is and we will get that opportunity in the next season of Pro League. Also, what are you talking about, "You were shut down hard"? I think your just trying to fit in a punchline to give your paragraph some validation that it holds weight or something lol. Also, you have quotations on something I didn't directly say. 'You are wrong' I never said that. I said 'he isn't" and gave supporting evidence for my opinion. Also, your mentioning of Rain only supports my opinion. Because the best overall player being beat 4-1 by somebody who many of the SC2 fans know nothing about only shows that there might possibly be some better Kespa zergs out there. As I recall, RoRo lost to CjHero. So, judging by your logic: Cjhero is the second best Kespa toss, huh?


No, when someone ask you who was better, your name Soulkey, SoO, hyvaa, Effort. And your main arguement was the MvP results. What I am trying to say is you can't look at 1 tournament only. Hyvaa and SoO went 36-12 and Roro went 35-13. With other results Roro has been putting up, you cannot claim SoO and Hyvaa are 'better'. I am not sure I follow you logic that tho Roro has had the best offline results, you can't call him the best thus far. However, in the next PL, we will find the best Zerg? Even if SoO dominates the next PL, couldn't we just say JD is actually better but it takes him longer to adjust?

Maybe Soulkey, Effort, etc will tear up this GSL? But based on results thus far, you cannot make the claim that soO, Soukey, hyvaa, and Effort are better than Roro.

you're right, but i would say there is a very good chance Hyvaa, soo and Soulkey are equal or better than roro. anyway, the kespa players still aren't 100% in this game, we still have no idea who will be the best over some time. (i think flash has shown the most potential of them all, but he hasn't won very much yet)


So we can't say Rain is the best Kespa player thus far?

Are we running away from the initial argument? Rain is indeed the best Kespa player on SC2 so far. Why? He got his team to the play offs in PL, made it to ro4 of the GSL on his first try, won WCS Asia, and OSL. RoRo hasn't won any tournaments thus your argument about him being the best Kespa Zerg is illogical after the Rain/Hyvaa series.


Not at all, you just strengthened my arguement. Notice that you took Rain's performance from various tournaments. If we look at Roro, he was one of the top Kespa zergs in PL, made code S from Code A (only Kespa Zerg to do so), top Kespa Zerg in WCS Korean (thus WCS Asia) as well. How is calling him the best Kespa Zerg thus far illogical? If we just use MvP results which you seem to consider more relevant due to time frame and 'level of player'. Shouldn't Baby and Soulkey be considered for #1 as well?

Look, I am not saying Soulkey and SoO aren't great zergs from Kespa. But by results, Roro has to be considered the better player up to now.

This is hilarious. Reason being, you are literally trying to change the subject because you lost the first argument. I took "Rains" "tournament victories" as achievements. Rain has 2 RoRo has 0, Zip, Nada. If RoRo had at least 1 then you would have a valid argument worth debating about. But until then, just accept the fact that Kespa have other Zergs that are on par or even better then RoRo. That's all you had to do from the beginning and it wouldn't have escalated this far.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 29 2012 17:15 GMT
#56
you two win the award for most pointless argument of the day by the way
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
October 29 2012 17:19 GMT
#57
On October 30 2012 02:15 Dodgin wrote:
you two win the award for most pointless argument of the day by the way

Great. I guess that means I am one more award closer to catching up with you since you have a history of these "pointless arguments".
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
October 29 2012 17:29 GMT
#58
On October 30 2012 02:19 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2012 02:15 Dodgin wrote:
you two win the award for most pointless argument of the day by the way

Great. I guess that means I am one more award closer to catching up with you since you have a history of these "pointless arguments".

Wow, PMS much?
Dr.Frost
Profile Joined April 2009
United States389 Posts
October 29 2012 17:34 GMT
#59
Gogo Roro and Hack. Though I don't particularly like Hack, it will be cool to see what he does. His play is usually very tricky.
They are here to right our fall, they have heard someones troubled call???
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
October 29 2012 17:34 GMT
#60
Roro is going to cause some pain tonight
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 71 72 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1086
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48826
Shuttle 9669
FanTaSy 1462
Hyuk 916
Horang2 478
BeSt 378
EffOrt 240
Pusan 205
Last 188
Soma 135
[ Show more ]
Zeus 129
Mind 106
Hyun 83
hero 73
ggaemo 68
Killer 66
Sea.KH 62
Snow 54
Hm[arnc] 43
PianO 35
ToSsGirL 33
Sexy 32
Aegong 29
Bale 27
JYJ 18
zelot 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Sacsri 8
Rock 7
Noble 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
qojqva1800
Gorgc1252
Dendi1058
XcaliburYe319
Counter-Strike
fl0m2585
x6flipin480
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu487
Khaldor295
Other Games
gofns43341
B2W.Neo1096
byalli619
Beastyqt425
Hui .179
Livibee177
Mlord166
ArmadaUGS104
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2427
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 46m
Replay Cast
9h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 46m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.