• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7865 users

[Code S] RO32 Group H 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 40

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 83 Next
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
September 13 2012 11:24 GMT
#781
On September 13 2012 20:21 Soyuz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


I think Mech is actually favoured on certain maps, but I don't think Cloud Kingdom is one of them.


Well, if the game goes in your favor you get into a position that puts your opponent under immense pressure. And it's very satisfying to see a 200/200 bio army get shred into pieces in just a few seconds if your opponent can't deal with the pressure and gets impatient.
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
September 13 2012 11:24 GMT
#782
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
September 13 2012 11:24 GMT
#783
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.

I think Take organised something like this.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
September 13 2012 11:24 GMT
#784
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.


It is really frustrating, but lately we've seen much more solid mech play than say 6 months ago. It does take so much skill to play it well.
Personally I think it's fun that people are still using all different kinds of styles in tvt. Makes for really interesting matches
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 11:25:08
September 13 2012 11:24 GMT
#785
On September 13 2012 20:23 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


they should have an actual arena of terrans/protoss/zerg side tournament lol, its a great idea in fact.

yea a whole tournament of straight mirror match ups. I dont think i could be paid to watch the whole thing. lol
#TheOneTrueDong
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 13 2012 11:25 GMT
#786
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


We'll call it....GSL 2011 :D
pmp10
Profile Joined April 2012
3400 Posts
September 13 2012 11:25 GMT
#787
On September 13 2012 20:21 Yello wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:19 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Enjoy this kind of TvT, the warhound will not let it happen anymore.


I don't think Blizz will keep the warhound the way it is now. They got so much negative feedback on it and even said that they are discussing the issue.
They just can't keep the warhound in the game like this. That would be suicide for Blizzard.

The tank-line breaker role will likely stay and may even get better.
The complains are mostly from protoss and people demanding it be turned into a goliath.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
September 13 2012 11:25 GMT
#788
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IPL_Tournament_of_Champions
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 13 2012 11:25 GMT
#789
On September 13 2012 20:24 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D


oh you're right, hmm...I think it was WCG korea 2011 that had a ton of TvT then maybe.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 13 2012 11:25 GMT
#790
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.


You don't often get to appreciate it because it is so subtle.

But Polt is actually a MASTER at assaulting tank lines. He forces initial volleys on individual units and then splits his bio forces to minimize damage being taken by Siege Tanks.

Take the same army supply, upgrades, and positions and put another player in Polt's place and you'll see bio lose a ton of its cost effectiveness. Polt's ability to assault into siege tank lines is truly incredible and its something I don't see matched by a lot of other Korean Terrans.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
September 13 2012 11:26 GMT
#791
On September 13 2012 20:25 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:24 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D


oh you're right, hmm...I think it was WCG korea 2011 that had a ton of TvT then maybe.

WCG KR 2012 is pretty terran heavy haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
September 13 2012 11:26 GMT
#792
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.

Maybe I'm just biased because I want to see stupid Marauders get crapped on by tank fire, but it feels like I don't see it almost ever.


then you should follow Mvp. You will see a lot of sad marauders.
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 11:26:45
September 13 2012 11:26 GMT
#793
On September 13 2012 20:24 TheBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.

I think Take organised something like this.

Yep, http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Stim_to_the_Win_Tournament
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
September 13 2012 11:27 GMT
#794
On September 13 2012 20:23 nkr wrote:
song? <3


Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 13 2012 11:27 GMT
#795
On September 13 2012 20:26 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:25 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:24 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D


oh you're right, hmm...I think it was WCG korea 2011 that had a ton of TvT then maybe.

WCG KR 2012 is pretty terran heavy haha


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2011/Qualifiers/Korea

dat top 8
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
September 13 2012 11:28 GMT
#796
On September 13 2012 20:27 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:26 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:25 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:24 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D


oh you're right, hmm...I think it was WCG korea 2011 that had a ton of TvT then maybe.

WCG KR 2012 is pretty terran heavy haha


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2011/Qualifiers/Korea

dat top 8


Poor MKP
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
September 13 2012 11:29 GMT
#797
On September 13 2012 20:24 AxionSteel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.


It is really frustrating, but lately we've seen much more solid mech play than say 6 months ago. It does take so much skill to play it well.
Personally I think it's fun that people are still using all different kinds of styles in tvt. Makes for really interesting matches


it really depends on maps as well. Maps have gotten bigger so mech gets a lot tougher. Imagine trying to mech on Whirlwind in an even game?
Infernal Knight
Profile Joined July 2012
United States557 Posts
September 13 2012 11:29 GMT
#798
On September 13 2012 20:25 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.


You don't often get to appreciate it because it is so subtle.

But Polt is actually a MASTER at assaulting tank lines. He forces initial volleys on individual units and then splits his bio forces to minimize damage being taken by Siege Tanks.

Take the same army supply, upgrades, and positions and put another player in Polt's place and you'll see bio lose a ton of its cost effectiveness. Polt's ability to assault into siege tank lines is truly incredible and its something I don't see matched by a lot of other Korean Terrans.


I do get what you guys are saying, and I know that the idea is that the slow, unforgiving mech army is supposed to be an unbreakable juggernaught when put in the right hand. I really, really do want to see mech crap all over bio (I'm biased) but it seems like in the GSL at least you very rarely see that. Maybe I'm just not remembering properly, but it feels like the win rate for bio versus mech is tilted far in favor of the former.

I suppose it also depends on where you count Marine/Tank though.
"It's like you were running away from bears, except that the bears have the power to make forcefields." - QxC
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 11:30:02
September 13 2012 11:29 GMT
#799
On September 13 2012 20:28 Laryleprakon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:27 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:26 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:25 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:24 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D


oh you're right, hmm...I think it was WCG korea 2011 that had a ton of TvT then maybe.

WCG KR 2012 is pretty terran heavy haha


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2011/Qualifiers/Korea

dat top 8


Poor MKP

he did end up doing pretty well there though, haha

MKP now has the best tvt in the world (if a bit unconventional).
trimaster you can sit down.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 11:30:00
September 13 2012 11:29 GMT
#800
DRG does speak English pretty well too actually. He just thinks he doesnt and thinks he will embarrass himself so he chooses not to use it.
#TheOneTrueDong
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 83 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 161
EnDerr 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12289
Hyuk 423
Stork 171
Soma 170
actioN 95
Rush 84
Mong 74
EffOrt 72
Killer 64
Shinee 62
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 58
Yoon 49
ToSsGirL 47
Shine 42
Bale 35
Sharp 29
Noble 28
Hm[arnc] 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 12
HiyA 5
Dota 2
Gorgc1692
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Counter-Strike
olofmeister915
shoxiejesuss912
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King144
Other Games
gofns24263
summit1g7806
singsing1170
ceh9511
crisheroes148
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick691
BasetradeTV153
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 6
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV162
• lizZardDota2160
League of Legends
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur721
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
41m
INu's Battles
1h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 41m
OSC
12h 56m
Replay Cast
13h 41m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.