• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9624 users

[Code S] RO32 Group H 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 41

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 83 Next
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
September 13 2012 11:29 GMT
#801
polt gonna do his +1 marauder hellion timing on whirlwind
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 13 2012 11:30 GMT
#802
On September 13 2012 20:29 Infernal Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:25 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.


You don't often get to appreciate it because it is so subtle.

But Polt is actually a MASTER at assaulting tank lines. He forces initial volleys on individual units and then splits his bio forces to minimize damage being taken by Siege Tanks.

Take the same army supply, upgrades, and positions and put another player in Polt's place and you'll see bio lose a ton of its cost effectiveness. Polt's ability to assault into siege tank lines is truly incredible and its something I don't see matched by a lot of other Korean Terrans.


I do get what you guys are saying, and I know that the idea is that the slow, unforgiving mech army is supposed to be an unbreakable juggernaught when put in the right hand. I really, really do want to see mech crap all over bio (I'm biased) but it seems like in the GSL at least you very rarely see that. Maybe I'm just not remembering properly, but it feels like the win rate for bio versus mech is tilted far in favor of the former.

I suppose it also depends on where you count Marine/Tank though.


Marine/Tank is a style unto itself.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
September 13 2012 11:30 GMT
#803
On September 13 2012 20:29 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:28 Laryleprakon wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:27 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:26 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:25 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:24 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:23 Dodgin wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.


I think they already had that last year it was called the team ace invitational or something.

that was pretty well split by races though

IPL Tournament of Champions is what we're looking for ;D


oh you're right, hmm...I think it was WCG korea 2011 that had a ton of TvT then maybe.

WCG KR 2012 is pretty terran heavy haha


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2011/Qualifiers/Korea

dat top 8


Poor MKP

he did end up doing pretty well there though, haha

MKP now has the best tvt in the world (if a bit unconventional).
trimaster you can sit down.


I still don't see any pins on that shirt
Yello
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany7411 Posts
September 13 2012 11:30 GMT
#804
On September 13 2012 20:29 Tsubbi wrote:
polt gonna do his +1 marauder hellion timing on whirlwind


Would love to see that, I need to steal that build order. If he doesn't play it, do you know where he did so I can find a VOD?
Just ahead of time, know your addiction's not a crime. It's just a smaller part of who you want to become in the end.
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
September 13 2012 11:30 GMT
#805
Man DRG looks pissed.
Infernal Knight
Profile Joined July 2012
United States557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-13 11:31:51
September 13 2012 11:31 GMT
#806
On September 13 2012 20:29 TommyP wrote:
DRG does speak English pretty well too actually. He just thinks he doesnt and thinks he will embarrass himself so he chooses not to use it.


On a non-mech note, being embarrassed about a foreign language is apparently common enough that some people I know recommend getting drunk to help overcome that. My Japanese goes up considerably when I'm drinking... or so I'm told.


Marine/Tank is a style unto itself.


That it is. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it, but I sure as hell can't play it. <_<
"It's like you were running away from bears, except that the bears have the power to make forcefields." - QxC
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
September 13 2012 11:31 GMT
#807
On September 13 2012 20:23 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Godwrath wrote:
Good for my liquidbets. Now DRG wins Polt, Gumiho wins bomber, and Polt wins Gumiho again.

I miss the days when bomber would destroy everyone at TvT. ;_;

Go Bomber! Kill GuMiHo!


Well, everyone but Byun. Amirite? ;o


He destroyed Byun

Then he got bored so he destroyed himself
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 13 2012 11:31 GMT
#808
On September 13 2012 20:29 Infernal Knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:25 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 Infernal Knight wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:21 Vindicare605 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Infernal Knight wrote:
I don't see why anyone likes to play mech in TvT. As much as I like to watch it, it's got to be infuriating to just lose your whole army to MMM the first time you make a mistake, and the time frame for mistake making is huge because of how slow mech is. >.>


Because the joy of watching Bio get obliterated by siege tanks in a good position in indescribable.


I'm sure it is, but I feel like I see Marauders run in and own tanks far more often than I see the reverse. Just my perception though.


You don't often get to appreciate it because it is so subtle.

But Polt is actually a MASTER at assaulting tank lines. He forces initial volleys on individual units and then splits his bio forces to minimize damage being taken by Siege Tanks.

Take the same army supply, upgrades, and positions and put another player in Polt's place and you'll see bio lose a ton of its cost effectiveness. Polt's ability to assault into siege tank lines is truly incredible and its something I don't see matched by a lot of other Korean Terrans.


I do get what you guys are saying, and I know that the idea is that the slow, unforgiving mech army is supposed to be an unbreakable juggernaught when put in the right hand. I really, really do want to see mech crap all over bio (I'm biased) but it seems like in the GSL at least you very rarely see that. Maybe I'm just not remembering properly, but it feels like the win rate for bio versus mech is tilted far in favor of the former.

I suppose it also depends on where you count Marine/Tank though.


Marine tank is biomech, obviously.
ThePlayer33
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia2378 Posts
September 13 2012 11:31 GMT
#809
tasteless was being serious when he asked artosis how he knew DRG was gonna hatch-first. believe me.
| Idra | YuGiOh | Leenock | Coca |
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 13 2012 11:32 GMT
#810
It's also the name of a great Buckethead song. My favorite actually.

aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
September 13 2012 11:32 GMT
#811
On September 13 2012 20:31 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:23 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Godwrath wrote:
Good for my liquidbets. Now DRG wins Polt, Gumiho wins bomber, and Polt wins Gumiho again.

I miss the days when bomber would destroy everyone at TvT. ;_;

Go Bomber! Kill GuMiHo!


Well, everyone but Byun. Amirite? ;o


He destroyed Byun

Then he got bored so he destroyed himself


That's not quite how i recall it ;o
xHQx
Profile Joined August 2012
Russian Federation601 Posts
September 13 2012 11:32 GMT
#812
Show is really good, but actually book is even better
and ye it's next year in march ^^ :'(
are you evolving?
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
September 13 2012 11:33 GMT
#813
I'm not waiting for the next season and I decided to read the books first. ;p Just finished book 1.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 13 2012 11:33 GMT
#814
It's already been 2 hours 20 minutes and we're just starting the winners' match...
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
September 13 2012 11:33 GMT
#815
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


A man can dream...
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
September 13 2012 11:33 GMT
#816
On September 13 2012 20:30 Yello wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:29 Tsubbi wrote:
polt gonna do his +1 marauder hellion timing on whirlwind


Would love to see that, I need to steal that build order. If he doesn't play it, do you know where he did so I can find a VOD?


g3 of last season code a vs shine
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 13 2012 11:33 GMT
#817
On September 13 2012 20:33 maybenexttime wrote:
I'm not waiting for the next season and I decided to read the books first. ;p Just finished book 1.


The show is actually REALLY well done.

That said.

The books are still way better. They're just THAT good. As good as the show is, it doesn't capture EVERYTHING from the books.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
r00ty
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1087 Posts
September 13 2012 11:34 GMT
#818
On September 13 2012 20:32 Vindicare605 wrote:
It's also the name of a great Buckethead song. My favorite actually.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adV8-_hgL4g


You got some good taste, sir.

Tasteless delivers again!

Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
September 13 2012 11:34 GMT
#819
On September 13 2012 20:32 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:31 Asha` wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:23 Fragile51 wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:22 WArped wrote:
On September 13 2012 20:20 Godwrath wrote:
Good for my liquidbets. Now DRG wins Polt, Gumiho wins bomber, and Polt wins Gumiho again.

I miss the days when bomber would destroy everyone at TvT. ;_;

Go Bomber! Kill GuMiHo!


Well, everyone but Byun. Amirite? ;o


He destroyed Byun

Then he got bored so he destroyed himself


That's not quite how i recall it ;o


That's because you're biased while I am a shining beacon of impartiality

=D
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
September 13 2012 11:34 GMT
#820
On September 13 2012 20:33 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2012 20:22 Soyuz wrote:
I think the GSL should have some Arena of Terrans side tournament where they invite all the top terrans and play. TvT is actually that entertaining.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


A man can dream...

LOL, love it
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 83 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE164
ProTech163
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13969
Artosis 592
Shuttle 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
canceldota136
League of Legends
Doublelift4217
Counter-Strike
taco 150
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox350
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6728
shahzam600
Day[9].tv593
C9.Mang0362
Maynarde154
Trikslyr68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv593
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 11m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.