• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:31
CEST 07:31
KST 14:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7430 users

[Day 3] IEM Cologne 2012 - Groups C&D - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 131 132 133 Next
IntelEM
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany128 Posts
August 17 2012 06:24 GMT
#61
On August 17 2012 15:14 Vaftrudner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 09:27 iAmJeffReY wrote:
Why, at these tournaments that have both day9 and tasteless, do they not have them cast together? I know it's probably been said as to why, but I'm curious.

In his Real Talk interview, Tasteless talked about this. It's about branding. He and Artosis have been consciously working hard on branding themselves as the casting archon, making Tastosis a thing. They're business partners as well as friends. Previously, they didn't want this to get muddled up with The Plott Brothers. Likewise, Day9 has established his own brand with Day9tv. Now that they're already so well established and known, Tasteless is open to casting with Day9, but when Artosis is there I really don't see a reason. They're great together!


Thats correct. Tasteless and Artosis are an established brand. They are like Batman and Robin, but with Robin being on the same level of awesome that Batman is. And you wouldn't just pair him with Superman or Spiderman all of a sudden.

The only interesting possibility would be to put Artosis and Kaelaris together and call them "Plott-less"
-IeZaeL-
Profile Joined December 2007
Spain327 Posts
August 17 2012 06:25 GMT
#62
Bomber
mOOnGLaDe
sLivko

MC
VortiX
HasuObs

If anyone wanna bet PM me
aka:Wizards-> FnaticMSI ->IImg.IeZaeL ->MYM.IeZaeL . Actually teamless,Top40-80 GM Europe.Twitter: @IeZaeL_7
Leporello
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2845 Posts
August 17 2012 06:26 GMT
#63
Bomber the only Terran in his group, and the only Korean. Kind of feel like he's going to dominate.
Big water
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
August 17 2012 06:26 GMT
#64
These are fun groups, a lot of players I haven't seen play in a long time.
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 06:34:32
August 17 2012 06:28 GMT
#65
On August 17 2012 15:22 sam05396 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 15:18 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 12:56 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 09:11 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:58 Dexington wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:50 RPR_Tempest wrote:
mOOnGLaDe advances 100%.

Do I have to remind people of what happened last time mOOnGLaDe went to IEM? TL polls showed he had like no votes to get out of the group and the official TL prediction said he would go 0-6.

Then he raped HuK and Tarson very, very hard to advance.

Do I need to remind you people about WCG as well?


That was last year, man. He is largely unproven outside of Australia. While he did win Oceania, none of those players are ever in international competitions so we have no way to gauge how well he will do.

So what if it was last year? He hasn't gotten any worse. Look at his opponents. mOOnGLaDe lives and breathes ZvZ so sLivko won't stand much of a chance.

Minigun 3-0ed IdrA, true, but mOOnGLaDe is better than IdrA right now since IdrA is just slumping like fuck right now.

Grubby will beat mOOnGLaDe, I reckon. ZvP is GLaDe's weakest and Grubby's PvZ is quite nice.

If Bly could almost beat Bomber, mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. I expect Bomber to be playing better today, but GLaDe still has a legitimate shot.

elfi's PvZ just plain isn't good. mOOnGLaDe has beaten him before, anyway.

Now, I'll get the inevitable responses calling me a fanboy, and yeah, mOOnGLaDe is my 2nd favourite player. But my fanboyism doesn't reflect my predictions in any way. My predictions are based off facts.



O lawd. I respect the fanboyism but I've got my cash all over Moonglade losing and I think this is a bit of a skewed view.

(1) Just yesterday TTPiG got DEMOLISHED by the international competition and PiG is somebody who has been beating Moonglade pretty regularly... Lol if you think Moonglade can take a game off Bomber...

(2) Slivko is an absolute monster... We're talking wins against HYUN, Stephano, Dimaga, Sheth. Yes, not only the top of EU, but amazing Koreans, and the King himself, Stephano. You really think Moonglade can bring it to Slivko? Not only do I believe he'll 'stand a chance', 2-0 to Slivko in my books.

(3) As for Moonglade's P v Z, he got pretty comprehensively beaten by xGKingLight in the recent WCS... And Light is somebody who... wait for it... I have beaten on ladder. Yes, me a scrub nub shitty-never-played-a-lan in my life zerg. Lettuce get some perspective... Grubby and Elfi aren't gods... But they're sitting atop EU (well Grubby is up there at least), with moutains of experience at Lans like this... They are the favourites against Glade.

(4) Minigun is rubbish so you can have that victory ^_^

Slivko 2-0 Moonglade
Elfi 2-1 Moonglade
Minigun 1-2 Moonglade
Bomber 2-0 Moonglade
Grubby 2-0 Moonglade






PiG got beaten by Light, not mOOnGLaDe. mOOnGLaDe hasn't played Light in a tournament in a while. PiG didn't beat mOOnGLaDe regularly, they trade series fairly evenly. And PiG's ZvZ may be even with mOOnGLaDes, but mOOnGLaDe's other match-ups are far superior.

And I already backed up why I think mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. Bly could beat him, so can GLaDe, even if Bomber is going to be playing better today. Even if he loses to Bomber and Grubby he's still 3-2.

sLivko beating those players is impressive. Good thing GLaDe has done the same thing. Not in tournaments, but he has beaten people who have beaten NesTea, Stephano and more, etc, in addition to mOOnGLaDe having GM MMR on Korea meaning he faces very, very good Zergs.

I actually love playing this game. The whole "THIS GUY IS GOING TO WIN AND HERE'S WHY" and the subsequent humilation/FUCKYEAAAAHness of the outcome. Don't take any of this too seriously, it's 9Gag style: Just for fun.

u cant be serious with the "he beat someone who beat someone" logic, dumbest thing ever, say JYP beats symbol but someone beats JYP in tvp they become as good as JYP... lol

No, but it happens regularly, it's not like CatZ or something winning one ZvZ vs DongRaeGu or anything like that, he beats these people again and again and again. PiG went toe to toe with NesTea and should have won game 2, mOOnGLaDe has a fairly even record with him. Just based off the games I can tell that mOOnGLaDe would do just as well in that position. Plus if you watch his gameplay, his ZvZ knowledge is genuinely very, very good.

A > B > C logic is bad, yeah. But it will suffice for now, since I don't have any international games recently from mOOnGLaDe in ZvZ to try and use to support it. Well, mOOnGLaDe beat Suppy in a ZvZ, but apart from that hasn't played a tournament ZvZ outside Australia since he lost 1-2 to Sen (another ZvZ master)

EDIT: mOOnGLaDe has beaten sLivko on ladder. So, yes, mOOnGLaDe can take games off him. I know ladder is an entirely different beast from tournaments, but sLivko isn't some grave challenge for mOOnGLaDe. He's tough, sure.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
August 17 2012 06:32 GMT
#66
Heck yes EM SEE!

Grahh not sure whether I'll be able to catch his games...I'll try my best :X
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Walitgon
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia550 Posts
August 17 2012 06:34 GMT
#67
On August 17 2012 15:18 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 12:56 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 09:11 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:58 Dexington wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:50 RPR_Tempest wrote:
mOOnGLaDe advances 100%.

Do I have to remind people of what happened last time mOOnGLaDe went to IEM? TL polls showed he had like no votes to get out of the group and the official TL prediction said he would go 0-6.

Then he raped HuK and Tarson very, very hard to advance.

Do I need to remind you people about WCG as well?


That was last year, man. He is largely unproven outside of Australia. While he did win Oceania, none of those players are ever in international competitions so we have no way to gauge how well he will do.

So what if it was last year? He hasn't gotten any worse. Look at his opponents. mOOnGLaDe lives and breathes ZvZ so sLivko won't stand much of a chance.

Minigun 3-0ed IdrA, true, but mOOnGLaDe is better than IdrA right now since IdrA is just slumping like fuck right now.

Grubby will beat mOOnGLaDe, I reckon. ZvP is GLaDe's weakest and Grubby's PvZ is quite nice.

If Bly could almost beat Bomber, mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. I expect Bomber to be playing better today, but GLaDe still has a legitimate shot.

elfi's PvZ just plain isn't good. mOOnGLaDe has beaten him before, anyway.

Now, I'll get the inevitable responses calling me a fanboy, and yeah, mOOnGLaDe is my 2nd favourite player. But my fanboyism doesn't reflect my predictions in any way. My predictions are based off facts.



O lawd. I respect the fanboyism but I've got my cash all over Moonglade losing and I think this is a bit of a skewed view.

(1) Just yesterday TTPiG got DEMOLISHED by the international competition and PiG is somebody who has been beating Moonglade pretty regularly... Lol if you think Moonglade can take a game off Bomber...

(2) Slivko is an absolute monster... We're talking wins against HYUN, Stephano, Dimaga, Sheth. Yes, not only the top of EU, but amazing Koreans, and the King himself, Stephano. You really think Moonglade can bring it to Slivko? Not only do I believe he'll 'stand a chance', 2-0 to Slivko in my books.

(3) As for Moonglade's P v Z, he got pretty comprehensively beaten by xGKingLight in the recent WCS... And Light is somebody who... wait for it... I have beaten on ladder. Yes, me a scrub nub shitty-never-played-a-lan in my life zerg. Lettuce get some perspective... Grubby and Elfi aren't gods... But they're sitting atop EU (well Grubby is up there at least), with moutains of experience at Lans like this... They are the favourites against Glade.

(4) Minigun is rubbish so you can have that victory ^_^

Slivko 2-0 Moonglade
Elfi 2-1 Moonglade
Minigun 1-2 Moonglade
Bomber 2-0 Moonglade
Grubby 2-0 Moonglade






PiG got beaten by Light, not mOOnGLaDe. mOOnGLaDe hasn't played Light in a tournament in a while. PiG didn't beat mOOnGLaDe regularly, they trade series fairly evenly. And PiG's ZvZ may be even with mOOnGLaDes, but mOOnGLaDe's other match-ups are far superior.

And I already backed up why I think mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. Bly could beat him, so can GLaDe, even if Bomber is going to be playing better today. Even if he loses to Bomber and Grubby he's still 3-2.

sLivko beating those players is impressive. Good thing GLaDe has done the same thing. Not in tournaments, but he has beaten people who have beaten NesTea, Stephano and more, etc, in addition to mOOnGLaDe having GM MMR on Korea meaning he faces very, very good Zergs.

I actually love playing this game. The whole "THIS GUY IS GOING TO WIN AND HERE'S WHY" and the subsequent humilation/FUCKYEAAAAHness of the outcome. Don't take any of this too seriously, it's 9Gag style: Just for fun.


Hahaha I love these games too. The shame and humiliation that goes with losing. GOOD LUCK my friend.

Moonglade bot beaten by Light at WCS Australia, I should have made that clear. Not WCS Oceania.

Ok, even if PiG trades regularly with Moonglade, that still puts them on even footing and PiG is still 1-10 yesterday.

A lot of people 'can' beat Bomber and I do think Moonglade 'could' beat him. But it's just so immensely unlikely. Bly is one player. Look at Bomber's history and you'll see why it is so unlikely...

And yeah, Glade has beaten good people. But it's not often, it's not consistent, and it's not at big LANs. Slivko has that record.

But like I said... good luck my friend, good luck. We shall meet later
BRB laddering ^_^ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 06:35:55
August 17 2012 06:35 GMT
#68
On August 17 2012 15:34 Walitgon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 15:18 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 12:56 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 09:11 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:58 Dexington wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:50 RPR_Tempest wrote:
mOOnGLaDe advances 100%.

Do I have to remind people of what happened last time mOOnGLaDe went to IEM? TL polls showed he had like no votes to get out of the group and the official TL prediction said he would go 0-6.

Then he raped HuK and Tarson very, very hard to advance.

Do I need to remind you people about WCG as well?


That was last year, man. He is largely unproven outside of Australia. While he did win Oceania, none of those players are ever in international competitions so we have no way to gauge how well he will do.

So what if it was last year? He hasn't gotten any worse. Look at his opponents. mOOnGLaDe lives and breathes ZvZ so sLivko won't stand much of a chance.

Minigun 3-0ed IdrA, true, but mOOnGLaDe is better than IdrA right now since IdrA is just slumping like fuck right now.

Grubby will beat mOOnGLaDe, I reckon. ZvP is GLaDe's weakest and Grubby's PvZ is quite nice.

If Bly could almost beat Bomber, mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. I expect Bomber to be playing better today, but GLaDe still has a legitimate shot.

elfi's PvZ just plain isn't good. mOOnGLaDe has beaten him before, anyway.

Now, I'll get the inevitable responses calling me a fanboy, and yeah, mOOnGLaDe is my 2nd favourite player. But my fanboyism doesn't reflect my predictions in any way. My predictions are based off facts.



O lawd. I respect the fanboyism but I've got my cash all over Moonglade losing and I think this is a bit of a skewed view.

(1) Just yesterday TTPiG got DEMOLISHED by the international competition and PiG is somebody who has been beating Moonglade pretty regularly... Lol if you think Moonglade can take a game off Bomber...

(2) Slivko is an absolute monster... We're talking wins against HYUN, Stephano, Dimaga, Sheth. Yes, not only the top of EU, but amazing Koreans, and the King himself, Stephano. You really think Moonglade can bring it to Slivko? Not only do I believe he'll 'stand a chance', 2-0 to Slivko in my books.

(3) As for Moonglade's P v Z, he got pretty comprehensively beaten by xGKingLight in the recent WCS... And Light is somebody who... wait for it... I have beaten on ladder. Yes, me a scrub nub shitty-never-played-a-lan in my life zerg. Lettuce get some perspective... Grubby and Elfi aren't gods... But they're sitting atop EU (well Grubby is up there at least), with moutains of experience at Lans like this... They are the favourites against Glade.

(4) Minigun is rubbish so you can have that victory ^_^

Slivko 2-0 Moonglade
Elfi 2-1 Moonglade
Minigun 1-2 Moonglade
Bomber 2-0 Moonglade
Grubby 2-0 Moonglade






PiG got beaten by Light, not mOOnGLaDe. mOOnGLaDe hasn't played Light in a tournament in a while. PiG didn't beat mOOnGLaDe regularly, they trade series fairly evenly. And PiG's ZvZ may be even with mOOnGLaDes, but mOOnGLaDe's other match-ups are far superior.

And I already backed up why I think mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. Bly could beat him, so can GLaDe, even if Bomber is going to be playing better today. Even if he loses to Bomber and Grubby he's still 3-2.

sLivko beating those players is impressive. Good thing GLaDe has done the same thing. Not in tournaments, but he has beaten people who have beaten NesTea, Stephano and more, etc, in addition to mOOnGLaDe having GM MMR on Korea meaning he faces very, very good Zergs.

I actually love playing this game. The whole "THIS GUY IS GOING TO WIN AND HERE'S WHY" and the subsequent humilation/FUCKYEAAAAHness of the outcome. Don't take any of this too seriously, it's 9Gag style: Just for fun.

Moonglade bot beaten by Light at WCS Australia, I should have made that clear. Not WCS Oceania.



http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/Oceania/Nationals/Australia

????

Anyway, glhf.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
a3den
Profile Joined April 2012
704 Posts
August 17 2012 06:37 GMT
#69
Group C results are easier to predict, but group D could produce a few interesting upsets and some crazy games.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
August 17 2012 06:42 GMT
#70
Group C seems kind of boring to me. I would be greatly surprised if it isn't gonna be #1 Bomber with Grubby and sLivko fighting for #2.

Group D on the other hand seems like it's gonna be exciting. Besides that i think that HasuObs might surprise in PvP and beat some koreans, i think that Vortix has a decent shot at getting Top 3. I feel like it will be #1 MC, #2 Supernova and #3 Vortix in the end. Although Real and Hasuobs both can do it imo.
Dav1oN
Profile Joined January 2012
Ukraine3164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 06:56:17
August 17 2012 06:43 GMT
#71
Not sure if Moonglade was taking a part in a LEXX series,but he looks similar to the one of the main actors :D

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
In memory of Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson 11.09.1985 - 21.07.2019 A tribute to incredible man, embodiment of joy, esports titan, starcraft community pillar all in one. You will always be remembered!
Walitgon
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia550 Posts
August 17 2012 06:44 GMT
#72
On August 17 2012 15:35 RPR_Tempest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 15:34 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 15:18 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 12:56 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 09:11 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:58 Dexington wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:50 RPR_Tempest wrote:
mOOnGLaDe advances 100%.

Do I have to remind people of what happened last time mOOnGLaDe went to IEM? TL polls showed he had like no votes to get out of the group and the official TL prediction said he would go 0-6.

Then he raped HuK and Tarson very, very hard to advance.

Do I need to remind you people about WCG as well?


That was last year, man. He is largely unproven outside of Australia. While he did win Oceania, none of those players are ever in international competitions so we have no way to gauge how well he will do.

So what if it was last year? He hasn't gotten any worse. Look at his opponents. mOOnGLaDe lives and breathes ZvZ so sLivko won't stand much of a chance.

Minigun 3-0ed IdrA, true, but mOOnGLaDe is better than IdrA right now since IdrA is just slumping like fuck right now.

Grubby will beat mOOnGLaDe, I reckon. ZvP is GLaDe's weakest and Grubby's PvZ is quite nice.

If Bly could almost beat Bomber, mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. I expect Bomber to be playing better today, but GLaDe still has a legitimate shot.

elfi's PvZ just plain isn't good. mOOnGLaDe has beaten him before, anyway.

Now, I'll get the inevitable responses calling me a fanboy, and yeah, mOOnGLaDe is my 2nd favourite player. But my fanboyism doesn't reflect my predictions in any way. My predictions are based off facts.



O lawd. I respect the fanboyism but I've got my cash all over Moonglade losing and I think this is a bit of a skewed view.

(1) Just yesterday TTPiG got DEMOLISHED by the international competition and PiG is somebody who has been beating Moonglade pretty regularly... Lol if you think Moonglade can take a game off Bomber...

(2) Slivko is an absolute monster... We're talking wins against HYUN, Stephano, Dimaga, Sheth. Yes, not only the top of EU, but amazing Koreans, and the King himself, Stephano. You really think Moonglade can bring it to Slivko? Not only do I believe he'll 'stand a chance', 2-0 to Slivko in my books.

(3) As for Moonglade's P v Z, he got pretty comprehensively beaten by xGKingLight in the recent WCS... And Light is somebody who... wait for it... I have beaten on ladder. Yes, me a scrub nub shitty-never-played-a-lan in my life zerg. Lettuce get some perspective... Grubby and Elfi aren't gods... But they're sitting atop EU (well Grubby is up there at least), with moutains of experience at Lans like this... They are the favourites against Glade.

(4) Minigun is rubbish so you can have that victory ^_^

Slivko 2-0 Moonglade
Elfi 2-1 Moonglade
Minigun 1-2 Moonglade
Bomber 2-0 Moonglade
Grubby 2-0 Moonglade






PiG got beaten by Light, not mOOnGLaDe. mOOnGLaDe hasn't played Light in a tournament in a while. PiG didn't beat mOOnGLaDe regularly, they trade series fairly evenly. And PiG's ZvZ may be even with mOOnGLaDes, but mOOnGLaDe's other match-ups are far superior.

And I already backed up why I think mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. Bly could beat him, so can GLaDe, even if Bomber is going to be playing better today. Even if he loses to Bomber and Grubby he's still 3-2.

sLivko beating those players is impressive. Good thing GLaDe has done the same thing. Not in tournaments, but he has beaten people who have beaten NesTea, Stephano and more, etc, in addition to mOOnGLaDe having GM MMR on Korea meaning he faces very, very good Zergs.

I actually love playing this game. The whole "THIS GUY IS GOING TO WIN AND HERE'S WHY" and the subsequent humilation/FUCKYEAAAAHness of the outcome. Don't take any of this too seriously, it's 9Gag style: Just for fun.

Moonglade bot beaten by Light at WCS Australia, I should have made that clear. Not WCS Oceania.



http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/Oceania/Nationals/Australia

????

Anyway, glhf.


Uh, weird. Guess my memory went full foreigner!

Gl hf

BRB laddering ^_^ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 17 2012 06:45 GMT
#73
You know who's gonna make it out for sure? CHAD M JONES. Because his PvZ is madness and his PvP is pretty solid.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
August 17 2012 06:55 GMT
#74
wouldn't expect minigun to win his group but wouldn't be surprised to see him make top 3, I think the protosses in that group are all fairly even
LaaLaaLeevi
Profile Joined June 2011
200 Posts
August 17 2012 06:56 GMT
#75
I really dont get how Moonglade is favoured over Slivko and Elfi?
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
August 17 2012 06:59 GMT
#76
Man I was going to go to bed, but this starts in 1 minute... not sure if I should just sleep and check the results or stay up and watch for a bit
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
August 17 2012 07:01 GMT
#77
I think sLivko, Elfi and Grubby for Group 1 and MC, ReaL and Vortix for group 2
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
August 17 2012 07:07 GMT
#78
slivko vs bomber to start things up!!
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 07:11:14
August 17 2012 07:07 GMT
#79
On August 17 2012 15:44 Walitgon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 15:35 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 15:34 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 15:18 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 12:56 Walitgon wrote:
On August 17 2012 09:11 RPR_Tempest wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:58 Dexington wrote:
On August 17 2012 08:50 RPR_Tempest wrote:
mOOnGLaDe advances 100%.

Do I have to remind people of what happened last time mOOnGLaDe went to IEM? TL polls showed he had like no votes to get out of the group and the official TL prediction said he would go 0-6.

Then he raped HuK and Tarson very, very hard to advance.

Do I need to remind you people about WCG as well?


That was last year, man. He is largely unproven outside of Australia. While he did win Oceania, none of those players are ever in international competitions so we have no way to gauge how well he will do.

So what if it was last year? He hasn't gotten any worse. Look at his opponents. mOOnGLaDe lives and breathes ZvZ so sLivko won't stand much of a chance.

Minigun 3-0ed IdrA, true, but mOOnGLaDe is better than IdrA right now since IdrA is just slumping like fuck right now.

Grubby will beat mOOnGLaDe, I reckon. ZvP is GLaDe's weakest and Grubby's PvZ is quite nice.

If Bly could almost beat Bomber, mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. I expect Bomber to be playing better today, but GLaDe still has a legitimate shot.

elfi's PvZ just plain isn't good. mOOnGLaDe has beaten him before, anyway.

Now, I'll get the inevitable responses calling me a fanboy, and yeah, mOOnGLaDe is my 2nd favourite player. But my fanboyism doesn't reflect my predictions in any way. My predictions are based off facts.



O lawd. I respect the fanboyism but I've got my cash all over Moonglade losing and I think this is a bit of a skewed view.

(1) Just yesterday TTPiG got DEMOLISHED by the international competition and PiG is somebody who has been beating Moonglade pretty regularly... Lol if you think Moonglade can take a game off Bomber...

(2) Slivko is an absolute monster... We're talking wins against HYUN, Stephano, Dimaga, Sheth. Yes, not only the top of EU, but amazing Koreans, and the King himself, Stephano. You really think Moonglade can bring it to Slivko? Not only do I believe he'll 'stand a chance', 2-0 to Slivko in my books.

(3) As for Moonglade's P v Z, he got pretty comprehensively beaten by xGKingLight in the recent WCS... And Light is somebody who... wait for it... I have beaten on ladder. Yes, me a scrub nub shitty-never-played-a-lan in my life zerg. Lettuce get some perspective... Grubby and Elfi aren't gods... But they're sitting atop EU (well Grubby is up there at least), with moutains of experience at Lans like this... They are the favourites against Glade.

(4) Minigun is rubbish so you can have that victory ^_^

Slivko 2-0 Moonglade
Elfi 2-1 Moonglade
Minigun 1-2 Moonglade
Bomber 2-0 Moonglade
Grubby 2-0 Moonglade






PiG got beaten by Light, not mOOnGLaDe. mOOnGLaDe hasn't played Light in a tournament in a while. PiG didn't beat mOOnGLaDe regularly, they trade series fairly evenly. And PiG's ZvZ may be even with mOOnGLaDes, but mOOnGLaDe's other match-ups are far superior.

And I already backed up why I think mOOnGLaDe can beat Bomber. Bly could beat him, so can GLaDe, even if Bomber is going to be playing better today. Even if he loses to Bomber and Grubby he's still 3-2.

sLivko beating those players is impressive. Good thing GLaDe has done the same thing. Not in tournaments, but he has beaten people who have beaten NesTea, Stephano and more, etc, in addition to mOOnGLaDe having GM MMR on Korea meaning he faces very, very good Zergs.

I actually love playing this game. The whole "THIS GUY IS GOING TO WIN AND HERE'S WHY" and the subsequent humilation/FUCKYEAAAAHness of the outcome. Don't take any of this too seriously, it's 9Gag style: Just for fun.

Moonglade bot beaten by Light at WCS Australia, I should have made that clear. Not WCS Oceania.



http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012_StarCraft_II_World_Championship_Series/Oceania/Nationals/Australia

????

Anyway, glhf.


Uh, weird. Guess my memory went full foreigner!

Gl hf



moonglade lost to Light and Pig in http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Australian_Cyber_League/2012_Pro_Circuit/Melbourne
Notam
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia93 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 07:09:18
August 17 2012 07:08 GMT
#80
On August 17 2012 15:56 LaaLaaLeevi wrote:
I really dont get how Moonglade is favoured over Slivko and Elfi?

[image blocked]
I agree though, gogogo glade!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 131 132 133 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 218
ProTech137
Nina 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20580
Dewaltoss 142
Bale 49
ZergMaN 26
Mong 21
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 742
Other Games
summit1g11444
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick923
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Lourlo1165
• Rush1032
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 29m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 29m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 29m
Replay Cast
17h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.