• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:20
CEST 07:20
KST 14:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9505 users

StarCraft II WCS UK Nationals - Page 89

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
July 01 2012 23:13 GMT
#1761
On July 02 2012 07:27 Phamut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 19:13 Type|NarutO wrote:
.... wow that was beyond terrible. I really dislike player bashing but what the hell. I can understand he was losing some mutas here and there, but head on engaging the stalker army, why? He could have gone back to his main, clear the 4 stalkers and 2 colossi and still have 20+ mutas.

Also 5000 minerals, just do make 5 hatches, 5 queens inject 1 time and build a ton of lings, he would have won handily. I cannot say that this wasn't horrible.

to all the people bashing me in the post for playing bad, you're right i did play bad I played alot better in the games that were not casted, but it was difficult for me to be sitting right next to artosis, have a crowd of people cheering over my my monitor, and a camera broadcasting my face and reactions to a stream, in a moment where I was about to get my first win on stream against a player I expected to lose to. But have faith in me I feel once i can get more comfortable playing in those kind of environments you guys will be more impressed with my play, but until then take it easy on me plz )))))) i'll be around in many more future events im sure and will improve, and sorry to anyone that felt dissapointed!


oooh and edit: to clear up the whole muta thing.. I sent my muta's back to my mining base to defend, since my plan at the time was just to defend my mining base with muta until he was forced to move out of his base in which case i would clean up all the buildings, but as i sent them home i tried to build zerglings from a hotkey'd hatch that had died, and the S command stopped all my muta without me realising big mistake from me to not notice and a bigger mistake not to build spines but wont happen again!


I like your attitude. You have my support, hope to see good things from you in the future.
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
July 01 2012 23:32 GMT
#1762
On July 02 2012 05:37 o)_Saurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 05:29 KalWarkov wrote:
On July 02 2012 04:57 o)_Saurus wrote:
On July 02 2012 04:49 Kdrxone wrote:
On July 02 2012 03:45 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
On July 02 2012 03:39 Huragius wrote:
On July 02 2012 03:33 Champloo wrote:
Sorry, but France is nowhere near the top of Europe.

1. Sweden, Germany, Ukraine
2. Poland, Russia
3. Finland, France, Spain, UK


Germany over Russia ?
If you swap them both, then I would agree with you.

EDIT: And It should be: Sweden/Ukraine/Russia. No way in hell Germany is better than Ukraine.


Lol what? Russia is nowhere near Germany.

Germany
Socke, Hasu Obs, Goody, TLO, Darkforce, DBS, Delphi

Russia
Happy, Titan, Pomi, Slivko, LiveZerg, Aristeo, Bratok.

Socke and HasuObs have more results individually on LAN in major events than the entire Russian team combined and TLO, Darkforce and Goody are all well established pro's well plenty of good finishes in tournaments.

It's a no contest that Germany is better.



You might want to start watching more tournaments then.


You too, lets start with ESL Country Championship where Germany beats Russia without nearly all of their best players.proof


cause 1 unimportant clanwar says something.
i think russia is slightly better than germany right now, both in the same league
sLivko
Happy
Titan
LiveZerg
BratOK
sick lineup.

its like
Sweden, Ukraine
Russia, Germany, Poland
France, UK
Spain, Finland
Rest


So your list indicates more than a matchresult? Or do you base it on your own ranking where Grubby is like rank16 and behind calibers like Sheth? :D
OK, seems legit.

It's like somebody already stated more like Germany, Sweden and Ukraine beeing on one level followed by Russia and Poland.


the list is from 1 month ago and grubby currently plays rly, rly bad honestly since he concentrates more on casting. sheth underperformed in his last showings as well.

if you think germany is by far better than that russian lineup there u are simply wrong. look at tlpd, look at their latest results and who they beat.
HasuObs is good, but not very stable. sometimes he beats great players, sometimes loses to bad players.
Socke is germanys ace and always strong at major events
Darkforce is decent despite playing d3 a lot
Delphi/DBS/TLO are all kind of meh compared to those 5 russians honestly
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
Kreb
Profile Joined September 2010
4834 Posts
July 02 2012 06:47 GMT
#1763
If tournament would give spots to countries based on skill and England gets three, then Korea should get 100. Whos gonna complain about Korea not getting that?

The tourny is biased towards lesser countries. And its entirely on purpose by Blizz because they want to spread SC2 to new places. If they wanted fairness they would invite 50 Koreans and some 5-10 selected foreigners and make a 2nd GSL.
philly5man
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom356 Posts
July 02 2012 08:20 GMT
#1764
On July 02 2012 15:47 Kreb wrote:
If tournament would give spots to countries based on skill and England gets three, then Korea should get 100. Whos gonna complain about Korea not getting that?

The tourny is biased towards lesser countries. And its entirely on purpose by Blizz because they want to spread SC2 to new places. If they wanted fairness they would invite 50 Koreans and some 5-10 selected foreigners and make a 2nd GSL.



If you want GSL, watch GSL. This format has worked for WCG for years, and it's what makes the tournament exciting. You're absolutely right that it gives an advantage to smaller nations, but that's kinda the point.
PuddingTiger
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom62 Posts
July 02 2012 11:46 GMT
#1765
On July 02 2012 17:20 philly5man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 15:47 Kreb wrote:
If tournament would give spots to countries based on skill and England gets three, then Korea should get 100. Whos gonna complain about Korea not getting that?

The tourny is biased towards lesser countries. And its entirely on purpose by Blizz because they want to spread SC2 to new places. If they wanted fairness they would invite 50 Koreans and some 5-10 selected foreigners and make a 2nd GSL.



If you want GSL, watch GSL. This format has worked for WCG for years, and it's what makes the tournament exciting. You're absolutely right that it gives an advantage to smaller nations, but that's kinda the point.


I'm pretty sure he's saying it's a good thing there is a bias towards smaller nations. That's why he said "Who's gonna complain".

@Otolia - pathetic display? wat. Bling didn't take his loser bracket opponent seriously and admitted to that. That was stupid. But Demuslim lost to two very strong Zergs who've shown good results at a time where TvZ is in a state of flux. He came second ffs. He played pretty consistently the whole tournament - perhaps not his best games but they were strong, he took risks and was innovative. And with respect to those German and American players who didn't do so well in their WCS, no player can win all the time. Thankfully Starcraft is a game where upsets are part of the structure.
Having said that Demu needs to get out of US -____- NA ladder practice is killing him.

Anyway just wanted to say this tournament was awesome, was there both days and it was great games and atmosphere. Glad so many people watched the stream too. Hope this means we can have bigger events in the UK in future! thanks to everyone involved.
theSAiNT
Profile Joined July 2009
United States726 Posts
July 02 2012 14:03 GMT
#1766
I popped by briefly just to have a look but didn't have time to follow this tournament properly this weekend. I have to say though, that besides the stream which I watched for a while, the online coverage for this has been completely horrible. I'm saying it here because I don't know where else to say it. No live results anywhere, except scrolling through posts. And even now, a day after, no full results on the ESL page. No write up. No photos. Nothing. The place I finally found the results were the TL wiki. Considering that the ESL has been running such events for quite a while now, this is extremely disappointing.
th3rogue
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany683 Posts
July 02 2012 17:36 GMT
#1767
On July 02 2012 23:03 theSAiNT wrote:
I popped by briefly just to have a look but didn't have time to follow this tournament properly this weekend. I have to say though, that besides the stream which I watched for a while, the online coverage for this has been completely horrible. I'm saying it here because I don't know where else to say it. No live results anywhere, except scrolling through posts. And even now, a day after, no full results on the ESL page. No write up. No photos. Nothing. The place I finally found the results were the TL wiki. Considering that the ESL has been running such events for quite a while now, this is extremely disappointing.

Please be aware that ESL countries are franchises, and this was the first ever event for the new ESL UK (with some event support from ESL HQ), but they do not have 1/10th the manpower of Liquipedia for writing content!

The core members of ESL UK would have been at the event until late into the night to help with packdown, and then travelling home today to rest.
ESL Community Manager SC2, http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2
Anonymous_Coward
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom1347 Posts
July 02 2012 17:41 GMT
#1768
Well done for coming and posting after the tournament, Phamut, that's awesome.

I think we've all had that sort of moment, even just on ladder, it's completely understandable being so nervous on such a big stage. Admittedly I'm a much worse player, but I've had brain-farts like that just on ladder, I can't image what it was like with thousands of people watching.

Are you scheduled to be playing at any more tournaments currently? I look forward to seeing your next games.
theSAiNT
Profile Joined July 2009
United States726 Posts
July 02 2012 18:07 GMT
#1769
On July 03 2012 02:36 th3rogue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 23:03 theSAiNT wrote:
I popped by briefly just to have a look but didn't have time to follow this tournament properly this weekend. I have to say though, that besides the stream which I watched for a while, the online coverage for this has been completely horrible. I'm saying it here because I don't know where else to say it. No live results anywhere, except scrolling through posts. And even now, a day after, no full results on the ESL page. No write up. No photos. Nothing. The place I finally found the results were the TL wiki. Considering that the ESL has been running such events for quite a while now, this is extremely disappointing.

Please be aware that ESL countries are franchises, and this was the first ever event for the new ESL UK (with some event support from ESL HQ), but they do not have 1/10th the manpower of Liquipedia for writing content!

The core members of ESL UK would have been at the event until late into the night to help with packdown, and then travelling home today to rest.


Be that as it may, it doesn't explain the complete lack of any kind of results page. I've attended arguably smaller events at Gamerbase London which had a simple live update and they had a really small team running the whole show. This was a large production with a live stage and streams. Surely someone can upload results.
Reno(TE)
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom434 Posts
July 02 2012 18:46 GMT
#1770
Managed to catch tasteless signing some boobies, enjoy ^^
A pro isnt someone who sacrifices themselves for their job, thats just a fool.
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
July 02 2012 18:48 GMT
#1771
On July 03 2012 03:46 Reno(TE) wrote:
Managed to catch tasteless signing some boobies, enjoy ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqDyeIgKWM&feature=youtu.be


haha that's just awesome! I bet tasteless got pretty happy doing that
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
morbvs
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany358 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 19:02:37
July 02 2012 19:02 GMT
#1772
On July 03 2012 03:07 theSAiNT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 02:36 th3rogue wrote:
On July 02 2012 23:03 theSAiNT wrote:
I popped by briefly just to have a look but didn't have time to follow this tournament properly this weekend. I have to say though, that besides the stream which I watched for a while, the online coverage for this has been completely horrible. I'm saying it here because I don't know where else to say it. No live results anywhere, except scrolling through posts. And even now, a day after, no full results on the ESL page. No write up. No photos. Nothing. The place I finally found the results were the TL wiki. Considering that the ESL has been running such events for quite a while now, this is extremely disappointing.

Please be aware that ESL countries are franchises, and this was the first ever event for the new ESL UK (with some event support from ESL HQ), but they do not have 1/10th the manpower of Liquipedia for writing content!

The core members of ESL UK would have been at the event until late into the night to help with packdown, and then travelling home today to rest.


Be that as it may, it doesn't explain the complete lack of any kind of results page. I've attended arguably smaller events at Gamerbase London which had a simple live update and they had a really small team running the whole show. This was a large production with a live stage and streams. Surely someone can upload results.



All matches where fast updated here and all replays uploaded within minutes after the game...I don't understand your complaint.
http://www.esl.eu/uk/blizzardsc2nationals/finals/rankings/

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
theSAiNT
Profile Joined July 2009
United States726 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 19:16:42
July 02 2012 19:11 GMT
#1773
On July 03 2012 04:02 morbvs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 03:07 theSAiNT wrote:
On July 03 2012 02:36 th3rogue wrote:
On July 02 2012 23:03 theSAiNT wrote:
I popped by briefly just to have a look but didn't have time to follow this tournament properly this weekend. I have to say though, that besides the stream which I watched for a while, the online coverage for this has been completely horrible. I'm saying it here because I don't know where else to say it. No live results anywhere, except scrolling through posts. And even now, a day after, no full results on the ESL page. No write up. No photos. Nothing. The place I finally found the results were the TL wiki. Considering that the ESL has been running such events for quite a while now, this is extremely disappointing.

Please be aware that ESL countries are franchises, and this was the first ever event for the new ESL UK (with some event support from ESL HQ), but they do not have 1/10th the manpower of Liquipedia for writing content!

The core members of ESL UK would have been at the event until late into the night to help with packdown, and then travelling home today to rest.


Be that as it may, it doesn't explain the complete lack of any kind of results page. I've attended arguably smaller events at Gamerbase London which had a simple live update and they had a really small team running the whole show. This was a large production with a live stage and streams. Surely someone can upload results.



All matches where fast updated here and all replays uploaded within minutes after the game...I don't understand your complaint.
http://www.esl.eu/uk/blizzardsc2nationals/finals/rankings/



OK, my bad. I could not find that page!

That's not my fault though. How did you get to that page? There is no link from the main tournament page:
http://www.esl.eu/uk/blizzardsc2nationals/

There is no link from the front page either eventhough there are posts regarding sponsorship, casters, schedule, etc:
http://www.esl.eu/uk/

'View source' and search those the pages.

So I guess my complaint is bad website design rather than lack of coverage.
th3rogue
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany683 Posts
July 02 2012 19:49 GMT
#1774
http://www.esl.eu/uk/ -> The Brackets For The UK Nationals -> The complete brackets
ESL Community Manager SC2, http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2
theSAiNT
Profile Joined July 2009
United States726 Posts
July 02 2012 20:36 GMT
#1775
On July 03 2012 04:49 th3rogue wrote:
http://www.esl.eu/uk/ -> The Brackets For The UK Nationals -> The complete brackets


I guess I rest my case. The only link to the tournament site is a more than 2 week old news post.

Also, you've slightly oversold them. The results are there but I don't see any replays anywhere.
BenW
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom9 Posts
July 03 2012 06:59 GMT
#1776
Thanks for all the kind words! Loved organising this event with Luke, although it was stressful I think we pulled through and put on a event show
tyrless
Profile Joined July 2010
United States485 Posts
July 03 2012 07:22 GMT
#1777
VODs anywhere?
sensisage
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom3 Posts
July 03 2012 15:58 GMT
#1778
Here's a link to an event summary if you're interested? I was there myself and it was actually quite good fun.http://www.pcgamesn.com/starcraft/demuslim-denied-ziktomini-crowned-starcraft-ii-world-championship-series-uk-champion
LukeC
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom32 Posts
July 03 2012 23:18 GMT
#1779
On July 03 2012 05:36 theSAiNT wrote:
I guess I rest my case. The only link to the tournament site is a more than 2 week old news post.

Also, you've slightly oversold them. The results are there but I don't see any replays anywhere.

I'm not sure why the brackets didn't link from the /blizzardsc2nationals/ page, and yes, our online written coverage was severely lacking. I planned to do some coverage from the event myself but underestimated the amount of work that I'd need to do running the event - next time we host an event we will find someone purely to do content all weekend.

Thank you to everyone in this thread who posted their feedback.
Luke Cotton - Trifecta Media - http://www.trifectamedia.net
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
July 03 2012 23:19 GMT
#1780
On July 04 2012 00:58 sensisage wrote:
Here's a link to an event summary if you're interested? I was there myself and it was actually quite good fun.http://www.pcgamesn.com/starcraft/demuslim-denied-ziktomini-crowned-starcraft-ii-world-championship-series-uk-champion


Nice thanks for the link meng!
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Prev 1 87 88 89
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft731
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 345
Stork 207
Leta 121
ggaemo 110
PianO 61
Hyuk 29
Bale 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 697
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox560
Westballz55
Mew2King13
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor649
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0251
Sick126
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1301
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 40m
Online Event
5h 40m
FEL
10h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.