• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7666 users

[GSL] October Code A Preliminaries - Page 199

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
5237 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 262 Next
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 05:11:45
September 04 2011 05:10 GMT
#3961
On September 04 2011 14:06 Qaatar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:05 benjammin wrote:
man, i was gonna make a joke about fenix getting beat by someone named wOn, but apparently fenix is joan and jian and not juan, damn!


Major is Juan though...and apparently, the kid's dying to go to Korea. Maybe we'll have a similar situation in the future.

Apparently sixjax let go of him or he left sixjax ... unless another team picks him up and provides him with the necessary funds (or unless he's got enough cash to make it there on his own), I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

EDIT: NOOOOOO, SQUIRTLE.
blahz0r
Profile Joined December 2010
3030 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 05:12:58
September 04 2011 05:12 GMT
#3962
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?
Liquipedia
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 04 2011 05:13 GMT
#3963
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft?

Marineking's parents threw his computer away at one point or something didnt they? They talked about it during that documentary they did on him. He had to play at cafes because his parents wanted him to be a lawyer
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Qaatar
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
September 04 2011 05:13 GMT
#3964
On September 04 2011 14:10 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:06 Qaatar wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:05 benjammin wrote:
man, i was gonna make a joke about fenix getting beat by someone named wOn, but apparently fenix is joan and jian and not juan, damn!


Major is Juan though...and apparently, the kid's dying to go to Korea. Maybe we'll have a similar situation in the future.

Apparently sixjax let go of him or he left sixjax ... unless another team picks him up and provides him with the necessary funds (or unless he's got enough cash to make it there on his own), I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.


I'm hoping that the other player IM is currently in talks with is Major. It would give Fenix another Spanish-speaking buddy on the team, and Major is a huge fan of MVP.

Realistically, it's probably SaSe.
Badboyrune
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2247 Posts
September 04 2011 05:13 GMT
#3965
squirtle
"If yellow does start SC2, I should start handsomenerd diaper busniess and become a rich man" - John the Translator
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 05:14:18
September 04 2011 05:13 GMT
#3966
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft?

That would explain it ...

And no, not really. That's pretty much a myth. MKP's parents threw their computer out when they heard MKP wanted to become a progamer and Xellos's mom tried to limit his access to his computer when he informed her of the same thing. He ended up having to play really late in the middle of the night to get in any practice.
dooraven
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2820 Posts
September 04 2011 05:15 GMT
#3967
NOOO Squirtle
Go go Alliance.
Meteora.GB
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2479 Posts
September 04 2011 05:15 GMT
#3968
SQUIRTLE NOOOOOOOOO!
blahz0r
Profile Joined December 2010
3030 Posts
September 04 2011 05:15 GMT
#3969
On September 04 2011 14:13 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft?

That would explain it ...

And no, not really. That's pretty much a myth. MKP's parents threw their computer out when they heard MKP wanted to become a progamer and Xellos's mom tried to limit his access to his computer when he informed her of the same thing. He ended up having to play really late in the middle of the night to get in any practice.


I have not heard of that MarineKing story. I must have missed out on something while using the restroom or whatever
Liquipedia
windsupernova
Profile Joined October 2010
Mexico5280 Posts
September 04 2011 05:15 GMT
#3970
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


No, thats a myth made by foreigners. There is an old old interview with Savior and Boxer where they talk about how progamers didn´t get much respect as a serious profession. I am sure its better than outside of Korea.

Or maybe they are big fans of BW
"Its easy, just trust your CPU".-Boxer on being good at games
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 05:18:23
September 04 2011 05:16 GMT
#3971
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


Based on all the interviews I have read with korean sc2 pros over the year, most of them are not supportive at first and eventually become supportive when they actually do well.

Personally I would imagine most parents not being supportive of it as a profession especially the ones who aren`t doing well (there is a lot).
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
September 04 2011 05:16 GMT
#3972
On September 04 2011 14:15 blahz0r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:13 babylon wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft?

That would explain it ...

And no, not really. That's pretty much a myth. MKP's parents threw their computer out when they heard MKP wanted to become a progamer and Xellos's mom tried to limit his access to his computer when he informed her of the same thing. He ended up having to play really late in the middle of the night to get in any practice.


I have not heard of that MarineKing story. I must have missed out on something while using the restroom or whatever


They didn't talk about it, it's from the MKP mini documentary thing they did during GSL a while back, you can probably find it and watch it
wklbishop
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1286 Posts
September 04 2011 05:17 GMT
#3973
On September 04 2011 14:15 blahz0r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:13 babylon wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft?

That would explain it ...

And no, not really. That's pretty much a myth. MKP's parents threw their computer out when they heard MKP wanted to become a progamer and Xellos's mom tried to limit his access to his computer when he informed her of the same thing. He ended up having to play really late in the middle of the night to get in any practice.


I have not heard of that MarineKing story. I must have missed out on something while using the restroom or whatever


It's not just MarineKing, I mean... listen to Tossgirl or Inca's story as a few examples.
Gameplay > Personality
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 04 2011 05:18 GMT
#3974
On September 04 2011 14:16 mango_destroyer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


Based on all the interviews I have read with korean sc2 pros over the year, most of them are not supportive at first and eventually become supportive when they actually do well.

Which makes sense cause if you're not at the top then you basically make nothing, and if you never make it you possibly fucked yourself in terms of getting into/staying in college and getting a decent career.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 04 2011 05:18 GMT
#3975
Well, I hope ShinyStar makes it, then. Maybe it'll convince his parents that he can make a viable career out of progaming.
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
September 04 2011 05:19 GMT
#3976
On September 04 2011 14:15 windsupernova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


No, thats a myth made by foreigners. There is an old old interview with Savior and Boxer where they talk about how progamers didn´t get much respect as a serious profession. I am sure its better than outside of Korea.

Or maybe they are big fans of BW

It's just rational thinking by parents. I would not let my son play 8 hours straight or move out to live with 15 others for the same purpose.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 05:20:07
September 04 2011 05:19 GMT
#3977
On September 04 2011 14:19 Arceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:15 windsupernova wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


No, thats a myth made by foreigners. There is an old old interview with Savior and Boxer where they talk about how progamers didn´t get much respect as a serious profession. I am sure its better than outside of Korea.

Or maybe they are big fans of BW

It's just rational thinking by parents. I would not let my son play 8 hours straight or move out to live with 15 others for the same purpose.

I agree. I would be skeptical of their future. I would much rather my child get an education and a "real" job

unless my son was Nestea. then I would totally let him game for 24 hours a day
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
September 04 2011 05:20 GMT
#3978
On September 04 2011 14:19 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:19 Arceus wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:15 windsupernova wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


No, thats a myth made by foreigners. There is an old old interview with Savior and Boxer where they talk about how progamers didn´t get much respect as a serious profession. I am sure its better than outside of Korea.

Or maybe they are big fans of BW

It's just rational thinking by parents. I would not let my son play 8 hours straight or move out to live with 15 others for the same purpose.

I agree. I would be skeptical of their future. I would much rather my child get an education and a "real" job

unless my son was Nestea. then I would totally let him game for 24 hours a day


I think Nestea is old enough of a man to make his own decisions anyway :p
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
September 04 2011 05:21 GMT
#3979
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


they're supportive when a player becomes successful

Flash was given one month/chance to get a progamer license by his parents. good thing Flash made good use of that chance.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
September 04 2011 05:21 GMT
#3980
On September 04 2011 14:20 mango_destroyer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 14:19 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:19 Arceus wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:15 windsupernova wrote:
On September 04 2011 14:12 blahz0r wrote:
FXOWolf Wolf Schröder
I'm told by @junkka83 that lOvShinyStar was approached by several teams but his parents forbade him from joining!

Aren't Korean parents usually supportive of their children playing StarCraft or even becoming pros?


No, thats a myth made by foreigners. There is an old old interview with Savior and Boxer where they talk about how progamers didn´t get much respect as a serious profession. I am sure its better than outside of Korea.

Or maybe they are big fans of BW

It's just rational thinking by parents. I would not let my son play 8 hours straight or move out to live with 15 others for the same purpose.

I agree. I would be skeptical of their future. I would much rather my child get an education and a "real" job

unless my son was Nestea. then I would totally let him game for 24 hours a day


I think Nestea is old enough of a man to make his own decisions anyway :p

He's my son! I get to choose his life!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 262 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 536
Hyuk 451
Leta 77
NaDa 44
TT1 20
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm255
League of Legends
JimRising 748
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft466
Mew2King96
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1046
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Lourlo1094
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 9m
INu's Battles
7h 9m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 9m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 9m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 9m
Replay Cast
18h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.