• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:23
CEST 14:23
KST 21:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9584 users

[GSL] July Code A Ro16 Day 2 - Page 127

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 Next
Latty
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany567 Posts
July 01 2011 15:53 GMT
#2521
lol guys are you really arguing with jinro ? who probably beats every one of you up with ease....

Jinro dont take it to hard ! you will come back !!

and did anyone of the German viewers note that Bushido Song when the Players were introduced?!?!?!
i was shocked ! seriously. one of the baddest musicians in germany with a bad attidude and i have to hear that in GSL code A .. that was a bummer !
"Nice, *claps* gogo kill kill, yeah bane speed, nice EU Power" Dimaga
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
July 01 2011 16:02 GMT
#2522
ahh sad results
lunchforthesky
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom967 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 16:13:17
July 01 2011 16:11 GMT
#2523
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi


You forgot MMA, Ryung, Ganzi, Heart, Revival and Line.

I really dount Thorzain or Naniwa will win Code A. Thorzain is too inconsistant, Naniwa has a better chance, depends if he plays any Zergs.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
July 01 2011 16:19 GMT
#2524
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 01 2011 17:13 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
People talking about bad mechanics have to realize that when things go completely unlike what you had planned, mechanics tend to suffer.

Let me list the things that went completely fuckign wrong game 1:

- It started on th e WRONG FUCKING MAP.
- Restart on the right map, I forget depot and have to use a calldown (HUGE)
- Barracks is supposed to scout for banshee but I fail because I dont know, Im tilting at about the depot probably.
- Because of the banshee I cant take my tower, which means I cant control the center, which means I cant take gold, which means I cant just put 2 vikings in each air space and be safe from all counters, which means my ENTIRE GAME PLAN for the map is out the window.

Yes, everything suffered after that because I had no idea how to react, because not once in practice did I FORGET A DEPOT AND NOT SCOUT BANSHEE.

Game 2 the biggest issue was letting my 2nd banshee die for NO reason at all, which forced me to make a 3rd b anshee, which meant I had no vikigns to protect my banshee..... As for people saying I shouldnt have attacked the mraauders in the hellion sneaks, I dont think you guys realized they were all red HP, because the observer doesnt have HP bars on - but I do.

I also couldnt sleep the entire night before this (I dunno when I fell asleep, but Im guessing around 6 or 7 am after laying in bed for many hours) which made things even worse in terms of being able to focus when things didnt go right.

It annoys me when people see these games and think its some kind of mechanical deficiency, when what you should be pointing at is the fact that I made retarded errors that lead into terrible situations, errors that are so easy to not make that they are completely unrelated to mechanics.

it was bad play, but not because of mechanics, it was bad play because I made mistakes which greatly altered the nature of the game and I had no idea how to adjust for it, nor am I sure I could have in game 1 since the entire build was made for taking tower control.

I wanna give a shoutout to asd for being awesomely manner and agreeing to play the other map pool despite not having practiced metal (I didnt practice metal much either but thats still more than not practicing). I have played like 6 TvTs on dual site EVER, so Im pretty happy I didnt have to play it (we were given different map lists, Xelnaga Crossfire, Metal for me and Dual Site, Crossfire, Xelnaga for him, he agreed to play the first list as long as metal was 3rd).




Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes things just go ALL wrong dont they. Well dont be too hard on yourself. GG
sabres
Profile Joined February 2011
United States23 Posts
July 01 2011 16:23 GMT
#2525
I really really hope that Sheth returns for the next Code A. He sounds like he's not sure . I know Jinro will be back and it looks like he's starting to get back into old form. Hope he can get some GSTL games to help.
MeteorRise
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada611 Posts
July 01 2011 16:25 GMT
#2526
I think all the pressure from fans is stressing Jinro out =<. Ahh it's a sad day, pretty much everyone who I wanted to win, lost.
Elegance, in all things.
4of8
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany256 Posts
July 01 2011 16:27 GMT
#2527
On July 02 2011 00:53 Latty wrote:
and did anyone of the German viewers note that Bushido Song when the Players were introduced?!?!?!
i was shocked ! seriously. one of the baddest musicians in germany with a bad attidude and i have to hear that in GSL code A .. that was a bummer !


It is not Bushido it is Fler...

just look in the GOM Forum:"09 Player Divi3 : Fler - Du Wirst Gebangt"
And I find it nice they play a lots of music from artists most of the audience never heard before. Even if you sometimes have to listen to songs not everyone will like.
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 16:44:12
July 01 2011 16:44 GMT
#2528
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
July 01 2011 17:10 GMT
#2529
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner


DRG and STC have a history of strong play, and amazing playstyles. To disregard them just because of single losses is stupid. Watching DRG play sometimes is almost comparable to Losira and Nestea.
Yargh
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
July 01 2011 17:15 GMT
#2530
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner

You're falling into the trap of looking at past achievements rather than future potential... we all know skill levels are not static.

DongRaeGu won the LG Special League (when players like Leenock, sC, MMA and MKP were in it). He's not just a GSTL player and is widely noted as one of the best players in Korea. Why do you think MVP always leave him as the Ace player?

TheStC has always been noted as a player to watch out for, given his performances (wins in FXO tournaments and strong non-GSL Korean tournaments) WHILE in the army and with limited practice. The fact that he made it to the final round of a very difficult qualification tournament speaks for itself.

Also just because Jinro beat ShinyStar who beat TheStC doesn't mean Jinro>ShinyStar>TheStC in terms of skill.

It's odd that you claim Puma is a very strong person to look out for when you pretty much downplay TheStC, and DRG. First of all, Puma has been attempting to qualify since GSL2 or 3 and has had multiple attempts at qualifying and never once has he made it to the late stages of the prelims even. DRG and TheStC have had less GSL qualifying attempts but have made it to the final rounds of the prelims.

If you bothered to do some research, you would know that JYP won the SK Champions Trophy, made it pretty deep in the LG Special League and a lot of people have been raving about him recently.

And I've only watched 3/4 games that Sage played. But judging from the games he played, he wouldn't have a problem in a Bo3. Personally don't see much of a difference between winning a single Bo3 over winning 2-3 Bo1s consecutively.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 17:18:49
July 01 2011 17:16 GMT
#2531
On July 02 2011 02:10 JinDesu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner


DRG and STC have a history of strong play, and amazing playstyles. To disregard them just because of single losses is stupid. Watching DRG play sometimes is almost comparable to Losira and Nestea.

DRG I agree with, he is definitely a strong player in TvZ, I'm not underestimating him but currently he has problems against Protoss.
TheStC does have history being a very strong beta player, and he is approaching levels similar to Bomber, sC, and Polt from what I've seen. Again, he seems to currently struggle with Protoss.

I mean, sorry if it came out that way but I'm not saying that it's clear as day that Naniwa and Thorzain will STRAIGHT UP DESTROY them but I think that both of them will do well in the GSL.

Naniwa is a very strong PvTer and PvPer, Code A just happens to have historically a lot of Terrans and Toss in them and Thorzain has proven that given preparation time he can take down almost anyone or get very close.
I think it's fairly realistic to think that they have a chance at winning Code A
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
IronSlayer
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada30 Posts
July 01 2011 17:21 GMT
#2532
Although I am sad that neither Jinro nor Sheth, I am so glad that they're staying in Code A, because Code A August will be awesome!

Jinro, Sheth, Naniwa, Thorzain, SaSe and Fenix. So excited!
Clog
Profile Joined January 2011
United States950 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 17:28:03
July 01 2011 17:24 GMT
#2533
On July 02 2011 02:16 ptrpb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 02:10 JinDesu wrote:
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner


DRG and STC have a history of strong play, and amazing playstyles. To disregard them just because of single losses is stupid. Watching DRG play sometimes is almost comparable to Losira and Nestea.

DRG I agree with, he is definitely a strong player in TvZ, I'm not underestimating him but currently he has problems against Protoss.
TheStC does have history being a very strong beta player, and he is approaching levels similar to Bomber, sC, and Polt from what I've seen. Again, he seems to currently struggle with Protoss.

I mean, sorry if it came out that way but I'm not saying that it's clear as day that Naniwa and Thorzain will STRAIGHT UP DESTROY them but I think that both of them will do well in the GSL.

Naniwa is a very strong PvTer and PvPer, Code A just happens to have historically a lot of Terrans and Toss in them and Thorzain has proven that given preparation time he can take down almost anyone or get very close.
I think it's fairly realistic to think that they have a chance at winning Code A


Saying it's realistic foreigners have a chance is one thing, calling a foreigner winner is another. I won't say you are wrong for being hopeful or for calling such a result, but I'd personally give it a 15-25% chance for a foreigner win. It could happen, but I just don't think it will... Code A koreans are becoming really really good -.-
NesTea | LosirA | MVP | CoCa | Nada | Ryung | DRG | YongHwa
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
July 01 2011 17:27 GMT
#2534
On July 02 2011 02:24 Clog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 02:16 ptrpb wrote:
On July 02 2011 02:10 JinDesu wrote:
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner


DRG and STC have a history of strong play, and amazing playstyles. To disregard them just because of single losses is stupid. Watching DRG play sometimes is almost comparable to Losira and Nestea.

DRG I agree with, he is definitely a strong player in TvZ, I'm not underestimating him but currently he has problems against Protoss.
TheStC does have history being a very strong beta player, and he is approaching levels similar to Bomber, sC, and Polt from what I've seen. Again, he seems to currently struggle with Protoss.

I mean, sorry if it came out that way but I'm not saying that it's clear as day that Naniwa and Thorzain will STRAIGHT UP DESTROY them but I think that both of them will do well in the GSL.

Naniwa is a very strong PvTer and PvPer, Code A just happens to have historically a lot of Terrans and Toss in them and Thorzain has proven that given preparation time he can take down almost anyone or get very close.
I think it's fairly realistic to think that they have a chance at winning Code A


Saying it's realistic foreigners have a chance is one thing, calling a foreigner winner is another. I won't say you are wrong for being hopeful or for calling such a result, but I'd personally give it a 15-25% chance for a foreigner win. It could happen, but I just don't think it will...

I would have agreed with you before Homestory Cup where I saw Naniwa play against MC and win in an intense series. To me, Naniwa represents the potential that a foreigner has before Korea, I'm sure that while training in Korea and training with Moon, the percentages raise by at least 10% (arbitrary number).
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
Clog
Profile Joined January 2011
United States950 Posts
July 01 2011 17:29 GMT
#2535
On July 02 2011 02:27 ptrpb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 02:24 Clog wrote:
On July 02 2011 02:16 ptrpb wrote:
On July 02 2011 02:10 JinDesu wrote:
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner


DRG and STC have a history of strong play, and amazing playstyles. To disregard them just because of single losses is stupid. Watching DRG play sometimes is almost comparable to Losira and Nestea.

DRG I agree with, he is definitely a strong player in TvZ, I'm not underestimating him but currently he has problems against Protoss.
TheStC does have history being a very strong beta player, and he is approaching levels similar to Bomber, sC, and Polt from what I've seen. Again, he seems to currently struggle with Protoss.

I mean, sorry if it came out that way but I'm not saying that it's clear as day that Naniwa and Thorzain will STRAIGHT UP DESTROY them but I think that both of them will do well in the GSL.

Naniwa is a very strong PvTer and PvPer, Code A just happens to have historically a lot of Terrans and Toss in them and Thorzain has proven that given preparation time he can take down almost anyone or get very close.
I think it's fairly realistic to think that they have a chance at winning Code A


Saying it's realistic foreigners have a chance is one thing, calling a foreigner winner is another. I won't say you are wrong for being hopeful or for calling such a result, but I'd personally give it a 15-25% chance for a foreigner win. It could happen, but I just don't think it will...

I would have agreed with you before Homestory Cup where I saw Naniwa play against MC and win in an intense series. To me, Naniwa represents the potential that a foreigner has before Korea, I'm sure that while training in Korea and training with Moon, the percentages raise by at least 10% (arbitrary number).


Maybe yeah. I think Naniwa is the best chance.
NesTea | LosirA | MVP | CoCa | Nada | Ryung | DRG | YongHwa
lunchforthesky
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom967 Posts
July 01 2011 17:40 GMT
#2536
On July 02 2011 02:27 ptrpb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 02:24 Clog wrote:
On July 02 2011 02:16 ptrpb wrote:
On July 02 2011 02:10 JinDesu wrote:
On July 02 2011 01:44 ptrpb wrote:
On July 01 2011 23:44 Arceus wrote:
On July 01 2011 22:28 ptrpb wrote:

I'm calling it right now, Code A August will have a foreigner champion, and I really hope it comes down to Naniwa vs Thorzain again haha.

DRG, StC, Puma, Sage, JYP say hi

HerO beat DRG and got knocked out ro32
StC got knocked out of quals by ShinyStar, who in turn played badly against Jinro
Puma is a very strong player and someone to look out for
JYP? Really?
and Sage won a bunch of bo1s, there's no telling how he does in bo3s

I still see a strong future for an August foreigner winner


DRG and STC have a history of strong play, and amazing playstyles. To disregard them just because of single losses is stupid. Watching DRG play sometimes is almost comparable to Losira and Nestea.

DRG I agree with, he is definitely a strong player in TvZ, I'm not underestimating him but currently he has problems against Protoss.
TheStC does have history being a very strong beta player, and he is approaching levels similar to Bomber, sC, and Polt from what I've seen. Again, he seems to currently struggle with Protoss.

I mean, sorry if it came out that way but I'm not saying that it's clear as day that Naniwa and Thorzain will STRAIGHT UP DESTROY them but I think that both of them will do well in the GSL.

Naniwa is a very strong PvTer and PvPer, Code A just happens to have historically a lot of Terrans and Toss in them and Thorzain has proven that given preparation time he can take down almost anyone or get very close.
I think it's fairly realistic to think that they have a chance at winning Code A


Saying it's realistic foreigners have a chance is one thing, calling a foreigner winner is another. I won't say you are wrong for being hopeful or for calling such a result, but I'd personally give it a 15-25% chance for a foreigner win. It could happen, but I just don't think it will...

I would have agreed with you before Homestory Cup where I saw Naniwa play against MC and win in an intense series. To me, Naniwa represents the potential that a foreigner has before Korea, I'm sure that while training in Korea and training with Moon, the percentages raise by at least 10% (arbitrary number).


It's PvP. And foreigners have beaten Koreans before (Ret over MC, Dimaga over Nestea) but no one has ever come close to the consistancy required to win a GSL aside from Jinro, and the gap has widened significantly since Jinro was getting top 4.
lunchforthesky
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom967 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 17:51:21
July 01 2011 17:50 GMT
#2537
On July 02 2011 02:16 ptrpb wrote:
Naniwa is a very strong PvTer and PvPer, Code A just happens to have historically a lot of Terrans and Toss in them and Thorzain has proven that given preparation time he can take down almost anyone or get very close.
I think it's fairly realistic to think that they have a chance at winning Code A


Thorzain has also lost twice to MC since then. And while he's proven he can beat anyone, he's also proven he can lose to players a Code A/S player should not be losing to like Tarson, Hasu Obs, TSL Heart and Ret. It's no use being able to beat one of the big three if you're going to lose to unknowns and foreigners, you don't get second chances in Code A.

Thorzain's record against Koreans since TSL hasn't been that great. He's lost to MC 2-0 and 4-2, he lost to July 2-1 and TSL Heart 2-1.

Naniwa is a better bet because he's more consistant but he's dropped too many games recently versus Zerg and at MLG/Dreamhack and Homestory he had pretty favourable groups.

Still despite his MC and Moon wins, he also lost to Moon and MC at MLG/Dreamhack and lost to Losira too, so let's not pretend he's been tearing up Koreans on foreign soil, he's been doing okay.
Zyphen
Profile Joined September 2010
United States258 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 17:55:39
July 01 2011 17:51 GMT
#2538
I'm not even going to comment on Jinro's games because I think Jinro himself gave a good breakdown of what went wrong. What I am going to say is that Jinro needs to understand that taking care of his body is also part of the preparation process.

SlayersBoxer f'ed up in one finals (2002 I think?) and was in a really bad condition. He didn't sleep well, eat well, and was sick. But he says it was his own fault because half of a gamer's job is to keep his mental and physical condition at their peak. He's not following his own advice right now with the bad shoulder (might be chronic though), but I agree with his view. Do what it takes to achieve mental and physical health. Go to a massage parlour, listen to ambient music, take sleeping pills, meditate, practice yoga, etc. Whatever it takes to get you in your top condition.

Everybody has to fight nerves. Everybody gets tense and messes up. The guys who rise to the top might just be the ones who deal with it best. Look on the bright side. At least you don't choke as much as DRG, lol.

PS: I also hear Nada lifts weights to relax. Rumor? lol. It might be a good idea since you're so tired, you'll fall asleep quick. Plus you'll have better blood flow with a fitter physique.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
July 01 2011 17:52 GMT
#2539
On July 01 2011 21:08 BlueSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 17:13 Liquid`Jinro wrote:

I also couldnt sleep the entire night before this (I dunno when I fell asleep, but Im guessing around 6 or 7 am after laying in bed for many hours) which made things even worse in terms of being able to focus when things didnt go right.



It's terrible if you can't fall asleep although you know that you will need all your energy and concentration on the next day. I've been there and I hate that feeling. You're lying in bed and you try to stop thinking about the next day, but the anxiety just doesn't go away and the harder you try to relax, the harder it becomes to fall asleep

For what it's worth, I will keep cheering for you and I hope that next time you will be able to show us your best. Keep Fighting!


For me that always happened before a uni exam. For some of us, when we most need sleep it doesn't come. Too many thoughts going through the mind.

I read something recently that literally cooling down the brain can help with insomnia.

Ah, here it is:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/13/news/la-heb-sleep-insomnia-cool-brain-20110613
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
July 01 2011 18:12 GMT
#2540
ignore the haters jinro, never give up never surrender! keep at it!
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36720
Shuttle 2520
Bisu 1022
Jaedong 992
Horang2 961
Light 440
BeSt 362
firebathero 352
Mini 319
Hyuk 284
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
actioN 267
Soma 228
EffOrt 226
Zeus 191
ggaemo 191
Soulkey 163
Last 137
ZerO 121
Leta 120
Snow 114
Rush 75
Pusan 74
Killer 71
hero 42
Mong 42
Sharp 36
Mind 35
Shinee 31
Shine 27
Bale 27
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 21
soO 19
PianO 18
Trap 18
sorry 16
Yoon 16
Free 13
zelot 10
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3597
qojqva1498
Dendi991
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1395
x6flipin335
markeloff111
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
crisheroes858
Other Games
gofns33916
singsing2139
B2W.Neo776
XBOCT348
DeMusliM192
Livibee176
XaKoH 157
Mlord136
Liquid`LucifroN119
Mew2King114
QueenE78
ArmadaUGS75
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Chillindude8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream199
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2237
• TFBlade505
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
Upcoming Events
OSC
37m
Stellar Fest
37m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 37m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.