• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10366 users

MLG Columbus Day 3 - Page 1391

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1432 Next
We will be moderating harshly in this thread. Think twice before you post. Things we are watching for: image macros, balance whining, "eagles", player bashing etc. We encourage civil and reasoned critique of our moderation - please post it in the website feedback forum.

Please don't complain about MLG stream quality or MLG itself. They work very hard to provide you with an enjoyable service.

Enough with the racism discussions, this is a LR Thread. Cut it out.
-- updated 7:55 KST
Nidoa
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada239 Posts
June 06 2011 02:06 GMT
#27801
On June 06 2011 11:05 TheDougler wrote:
I almost dread reading the Korean reactions to todays events. First of all the Idra GG, then the MC roflstomp of Idra and Korean Top 3 with no eliminations of Koreans except by other koreans.

I fear they've lost a lot of faith in us... maybe they should.


hmm i dunno, they must've had a blast. A lot of matches seemed really close when you watched them, and the final result is clearly in their favor. Perfect score for them.
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
June 06 2011 02:06 GMT
#27802
On June 06 2011 11:03 iyoume wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:55 BenKen wrote:
On June 06 2011 10:48 Wargizmo wrote:
On June 06 2011 10:42 Fionn wrote:
I think the Anaheim invites have to be Bomber, MarineKing, Nestea and then either Nada/Boxer for the nostalgia fans.

MarineKing would be great at MLG. The guy has a great personality and shows amazing emotion during games.


The logical choice should be NesTea, MVP, SlayersMMA and whoever wins the super tournament.

NesTea - earns it by being the reigning GSL Code S champion.
MVP - earns it because he won the GSL world championships recently.
SlayersMMA - as reigning champ needs to be given the opportunity to go back and defend his crown.
Super tourney winner - self explanatory.


They'll probably bring a legend (July raging through the open bracket was so awesome) and an up and comer (Don Rae Gu? Alicia?).

Getting the MLG invite is going to be something that Koreans are going to be fighting for now.


i would looooove to see DongRaeGu in the next MLG :D


We really should start a campaign thread for MLG to invite DongRaeGu to Anaheim. They might overlook him since he isn't currently in Code S or Code A, but the guy is one of most popular Koreans on TL after his GSTL performances and him streaming for the community.

I really want him to be invited. He would show some amazing games.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
June 06 2011 02:07 GMT
#27803
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.


The solution would seem to be for some of the EU and NA teams to start toughening up training, getting coaches, etc. But of course money for that depends on sponsors.

It's very clear the talent to compete exists in EU, NA, China, etc. but without a push for stable training and infrastructure "we" are never going to keep up - almost identical to the US problem in soccer.

MLG has the chance to be one of the top world tournaments: they're improving every time (in some ways even at Dallas, despite the horrible internet problems), they've got commitment, with more successful events the fanbase will grow + moneybase should increase. Additionally, they have the global presence (Naniwa, MMA). For them to pull back from that now to "US only" or "NA only" or even "Mostly US with a few foreign invites" would be shooting themselves in the foot.

tl;dr: Bring it on, world.
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
epik151
Profile Joined February 2008
312 Posts
June 06 2011 02:07 GMT
#27804
On June 06 2011 11:04 Mailing wrote:
Having koreas made more viewers. People wanted to see the foreigners win.

That's why so many people are butthurt about idra losing, even though he got 4th place. They wanted idra to beat the koreans but he gave up


Yea dude he must've given not. It's not like he was outclassed and outplayed or anything.
ellirc
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3286 Posts
June 06 2011 02:07 GMT
#27805
On June 06 2011 11:03 antelope591 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.


So instead of wanting foreigners to improve to get to korean level u want to ban koreans so foreigners have a chance...i mean really do people with this argument even think of how stupid this sounds?

No, they don't get it. They are twelve years old. I should start TSESL=THA SWEDISH EXTREEEEEEME STAR LEAGUE, that way a swede will win. None of those nasty americans.
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 02:07:59
June 06 2011 02:07 GMT
#27806
On June 06 2011 11:02 zawk9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.


MLG is a Starcraft 2 tournament not a popularity contest.. If you don't like watching better games with more multitasking and micro than I really don't know what to say.


Yeah it was as if the three Koreans at MLG were playing a completely different game than everyone else there (with the possible exception of Idra). Many of the other games were short, either employing cheese or swinging on big mistakes made by one of the players.

I too love to root for many of the foreigners, and am not especially interested in the Korean scene as much, I have to admit the last three games of the MLG were unbelievably amazing and of much higher quality than most of the casted games.
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
ptz
Profile Joined January 2005
Romania251 Posts
June 06 2011 02:07 GMT
#27807
awesome event MLG, awesome. The games, the streams, the drama, top notch weekend guys, keep it up. Big thumbs up.
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
June 06 2011 02:08 GMT
#27808
On June 06 2011 11:05 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.

The best solution to this would be for foreigners to train and be at parity skill with Koreans. Time for foreigners to step up.


That would be ideal, but if foreigners don't step up, as they didn't during BW, regional tournaments still had their place, as the TSL showed.
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
June 06 2011 02:08 GMT
#27809
On June 06 2011 11:03 antelope591 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.


So instead of wanting foreigners to improve to get to korean level u want to ban koreans so foreigners have a chance...i mean really do people with this argument even think of how stupid this sounds?


Do people with comments like yours even realize how arrogant you sound? He has his own opinion. It's not right. It's not wrong. He clearly just focuses more on personalities and exciting games over high level play. Get off your high horse.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
June 06 2011 02:09 GMT
#27810
On June 06 2011 11:06 GrundlePinch wrote:
So I have been away all weekend and didn't get to see any games, I have been dodging spoilers since I got online. Please someone tell me there are VoD's to the Idra-MMA games, I can't hold out much longer.



It's not hard to find the highlight of the Idra-MMA games, but finding genuine vods could be difficult.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
June 06 2011 02:09 GMT
#27811
On June 06 2011 11:01 dubRa wrote:
I hope MLG is smart again and bring up and coming talent not the most accomplished top of the GSL. I seriously think Losira, MMA are better than 3/4 of code S

I disagree, Losira and MMA are very incomplete players. Losira's ZvT is very poor, losing to plot twice in the last month, MMA's TvP is also questionable, losing to Huk with some very poor builds and decision.
Also I really hope NaDa comes to MLG!!!
Wargizmo
Profile Joined March 2010
1237 Posts
June 06 2011 02:09 GMT
#27812

Anyone know if Naniwa & Slush played the 5/6 placement match?
wolfe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States761 Posts
June 06 2011 02:09 GMT
#27813
On June 06 2011 11:07 epik151 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:04 Mailing wrote:
Having koreas made more viewers. People wanted to see the foreigners win.

That's why so many people are butthurt about idra losing, even though he got 4th place. They wanted idra to beat the koreans but he gave up


Yea dude he must've given not. It's not like he was outclassed and outplayed or anything.


given not?

Idra wasn't outclassed in any way. In short he played like shit because of what he did to himself. His mental state was nowhere close to where it was for the first day in which he cleaned out his group.

Idra crushed himself more than anyone else could have.


That's the beginning of the end for him and cheesing MC repeatedly didn't help.
Swift as the wind, felt before noticed.
pak150
Profile Joined September 2010
United States531 Posts
June 06 2011 02:09 GMT
#27814
Wow -- what a tournament. MC/Losira and Losira/MMA were some of the greatest games I've seen in a long time. I loved all of the different tactics Losira used against MC, and MMA's ridiculous multi-pronged attacks. On top of that, we had Idra's utterly bizarre Sunday tilt (can't wait to hear him explain that on SotG). Can't wait for Anaheim!
thepeonwhocould
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia334 Posts
June 06 2011 02:09 GMT
#27815
On June 06 2011 11:06 GrundlePinch wrote:
So I have been away all weekend and didn't get to see any games, I have been dodging spoilers since I got online. Please someone tell me there are VoD's to the Idra-MMA games, I can't hold out much longer.


Not yet afaik.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
June 06 2011 02:10 GMT
#27816
On June 06 2011 11:02 zawk9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.


MLG is a Starcraft 2 tournament not a popularity contest.. If you don't like watching better games with more multitasking and micro than I really don't know what to say.

I don't really completely agree. The MLG is probably one of the biggest SC2 tournament in western side. This is seriously going to hurt the income for the progamers, and may discourage new comers because they just can't find a western sc2 idol playing.
Sure some would learn to find a Korean progamer that they like, but having one that speak your mother tongue (or something you understand) is something else.

No disrespect to western progamers through, not saying they are no where as good as korean (in fact, I think koreans are just a tiny little bit better in general, but that is also why they are better)
this is my opinion as an asian myself.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
June 06 2011 02:10 GMT
#27817
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.


If you want to watch a foreigner win you can watch IPL. XD
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-06 02:11:29
June 06 2011 02:10 GMT
#27818
On June 06 2011 11:08 Azarkon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:05 SilverLeagueElite wrote:
On June 06 2011 10:57 EternaL_9 wrote:
I'm starting to think it having the koreans for GSL is a bad thing

I used to llike MLG so much because I knew a foreigner I liked would win. Now with the best koreans coming over every MLG, the chances of a foreigner winning are slim. No more getting to see your favorite foreigner that you can INTERACT with (not here a translated interview) win MLG.

The best solution to this would be for foreigners to train and be at parity skill with Koreans. Time for foreigners to step up.


That would be ideal, but if foreigners don't step up, as they didn't during BW, regional tournaments still had their place, as the TSL showed.


i guess that would depend on how often the koreans come over for tournaments. if GSL keeps making room for every MLG event and foreigners dont step up, that could hurt the NA scene as everyone will just assume that koreans will go 1-2-3 everytime and people will just lose interest.
dubRa
Profile Joined December 2008
2165 Posts
June 06 2011 02:11 GMT
#27819
On June 06 2011 11:06 Fionn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2011 11:03 iyoume wrote:
On June 06 2011 10:55 BenKen wrote:
On June 06 2011 10:48 Wargizmo wrote:
On June 06 2011 10:42 Fionn wrote:
I think the Anaheim invites have to be Bomber, MarineKing, Nestea and then either Nada/Boxer for the nostalgia fans.

MarineKing would be great at MLG. The guy has a great personality and shows amazing emotion during games.


The logical choice should be NesTea, MVP, SlayersMMA and whoever wins the super tournament.

NesTea - earns it by being the reigning GSL Code S champion.
MVP - earns it because he won the GSL world championships recently.
SlayersMMA - as reigning champ needs to be given the opportunity to go back and defend his crown.
Super tourney winner - self explanatory.


They'll probably bring a legend (July raging through the open bracket was so awesome) and an up and comer (Don Rae Gu? Alicia?).

Getting the MLG invite is going to be something that Koreans are going to be fighting for now.


i would looooove to see DongRaeGu in the next MLG :D


We really should start a campaign thread for MLG to invite DongRaeGu to Anaheim. They might overlook him since he isn't currently in Code S or Code A, but the guy is one of most popular Koreans on TL after his GSTL performances and him streaming for the community.

I really want him to be invited. He would show some amazing games.


I'm in. Should post on MLG forums as well.
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
June 06 2011 02:11 GMT
#27820
I feel bad for the foreigners due to the fact that Koreans took the three top spots and the prize money. If Korean domination continues in non-Korean LAN tournaments, it could really hurt the foreign scene with some players thinking they can never bridge the gap in terms of skill.
Vincere Vel Mori
Prev 1 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
JulyZerg 13
Free 13
sorry 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
qojqva1149
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS109
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 27m
Stellar Fest
1h 27m
OSC
12h 27m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.