• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:40
CEST 23:40
KST 06:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10996 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 64

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 68 Next
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
January 06 2019 19:22 GMT
#1261
On December 27 2018 03:45 M3funkyb1 wrote:
Hi. What's the best way to cost efficiently handle mass widow mine, hellion? Mass spine crawler, with hydras mixed in seems to work -ok- but I can't ever get out on the map. Brood lords also work -okay- but if I am ever out of position they just walk 30 widow mines underneath my brood lords and kill them. Also, hydras out of position are melted by the hellions.

Thanks in advance.

mass roach ravager should absolutely shit on it, what's your mmr?
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
January 08 2019 17:46 GMT
#1262
On January 07 2019 00:51 AngelicFruitcake wrote:
Hi all,

Haven't been playing for about 8 months. I was a low-level platinum zerg last I checked. Just wanted to know if there's been any major changes in the meta since I last played? I was in the middle of working out some kinks in my mechanics so I usually tried to do fairly simple strategies. I just want to know if there's any new tricks people are using that I should be on the lookout for, or if the balance patches have changed anything major in the early/mid game.

The meta changed yeah.

1/1/1 is the standard opener for T, but of course at platium you will still see some 2/1/1. There is also the BC build that is totatlly new (but not sure if it's played in platium).

The change is mutas are viable now on ZvT vs bio.

On ZvP, honestly the things havent't changed much. Mass chargelots/archons/immortal is still really popular. Sometimes mass phoenix and drop archons. Skytoss is still a thing.

ZvZ is more mutas heavy now.

But on platium, you must focus on learning standard builds (go on sc2cast to see the latest replays), and how to scout and react depending on what the other is doing.
AngelicFruitcake
Profile Joined January 2019
Sweden5 Posts
January 11 2019 21:29 GMT
#1263
On January 09 2019 02:46 Tyrhanius wrote:

The meta changed yeah.

1/1/1 is the standard opener for T, but of course at platium you will still see some 2/1/1. There is also the BC build that is totatlly new (but not sure if it's played in platium).

The change is mutas are viable now on ZvT vs bio.

On ZvP, honestly the things havent't changed much. Mass chargelots/archons/immortal is still really popular. Sometimes mass phoenix and drop archons. Skytoss is still a thing.

ZvZ is more mutas heavy now.

But on platium, you must focus on learning standard builds (go on sc2cast to see the latest replays), and how to scout and react depending on what the other is doing.



Thanks! I am trying to focus on scouting, reactions and timings. I was doing reasonably well, but sometimes when I've been gone a while I just get whacked with new concepts. Good to know about mutas, I was ready to give up on them. Does that mean ling/bling/muta in ZvT works against bio now or are mutas more of a complement? I think I ran into the BC build and lost, but that was probably because I only thought it was regular air. Also, I really don't know the new maps.

Is it still useful to go for hydras in ZvZ or are they getting massacred by mutas?
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
January 12 2019 22:22 GMT
#1264
On January 12 2019 06:29 AngelicFruitcake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2019 02:46 Tyrhanius wrote:

The meta changed yeah.

1/1/1 is the standard opener for T, but of course at platium you will still see some 2/1/1. There is also the BC build that is totatlly new (but not sure if it's played in platium).

The change is mutas are viable now on ZvT vs bio.

On ZvP, honestly the things havent't changed much. Mass chargelots/archons/immortal is still really popular. Sometimes mass phoenix and drop archons. Skytoss is still a thing.

ZvZ is more mutas heavy now.

But on platium, you must focus on learning standard builds (go on sc2cast to see the latest replays), and how to scout and react depending on what the other is doing.



Thanks! I am trying to focus on scouting, reactions and timings. I was doing reasonably well, but sometimes when I've been gone a while I just get whacked with new concepts. Good to know about mutas, I was ready to give up on them. Does that mean ling/bling/muta in ZvT works against bio now or are mutas more of a complement? I think I ran into the BC build and lost, but that was probably because I only thought it was regular air. Also, I really don't know the new maps.

Is it still useful to go for hydras in ZvZ or are they getting massacred by mutas?
midgame hydra vs muta interaction hasn't really changed much. if you're playing roach/hydra and you're even or behind against muta you want to be defending and teching to hydra/infestor, then trying to win with a big 2/2 push. you add infestors to counter speed banelings. same as its been since heart of the swarm
TL+ Member
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 13 2019 15:27 GMT
#1265
How are mutas better vs Bio now?
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
January 13 2019 16:47 GMT
#1266
On January 14 2019 00:27 GGzerG wrote:
How are mutas better vs Bio now?


Thors were nerfed, you now need more than one thor to handle any amount of mutas.
Cereal
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 14 2019 02:55 GMT
#1267
On January 14 2019 01:47 InfCereal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2019 00:27 GGzerG wrote:
How are mutas better vs Bio now?


Thors were nerfed, you now need more than one thor to handle any amount of mutas.

Hmm....I see, I haven't played SC2 in a long time, thinking of playing again.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10861 Posts
January 20 2019 14:39 GMT
#1268
This Battlecruiser build and mass oracle build is really stupid, just good scouting and mass queen / early hydra vs BC , and good scouting / good amount of queens / spore / rush to hydra as well? Nydus as a counter? What do you guys think.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
January 23 2019 19:57 GMT
#1269
How do you counter the canon rush/shieldbattery/immortal proxy ? I've 0% winrates vs that strats, i need vod/replay to show me how to beat that.
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-23 20:26:34
January 23 2019 20:24 GMT
#1270
https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/539404-fresh-and-hot-hsc-xviii-replays

Serral vs Hellraiser on parasite and cerulean. Very fast ravagers and queens so you can snipe cannons without getting hit and overwhelm them before they get immortal + warp prism. A proxy hatch you can cancel if they overcommit to killing it, or finish and build a couple roaches.
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
January 24 2019 21:50 GMT
#1271
On January 24 2019 05:24 ArtyK wrote:
https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/539404-fresh-and-hot-hsc-xviii-replays

Serral vs Hellraiser on parasite and cerulean. Very fast ravagers and queens so you can snipe cannons without getting hit and overwhelm them before they get immortal + warp prism. A proxy hatch you can cancel if they overcommit to killing it, or finish and build a couple roaches.

Thank a lot. I was doing a bit like that but there are some subilities like no inject.mass queen for only transfusion or the proxy hatch to force canon i didn't know.
Railgan
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland1509 Posts
January 25 2019 07:03 GMT
#1272
On January 20 2019 23:39 GGzerG wrote:
This Battlecruiser build and mass oracle build is really stupid, just good scouting and mass queen / early hydra vs BC , and good scouting / good amount of queens / spore / rush to hydra as well? Nydus as a counter? What do you guys think.

I just open 2 Base Spire every ZvT since early HotS.
Never had any Issues with the BC's
Grandmaster Zerg from Switzerland!!! www.twitch.tv/railgan // www.twitter.com/railgansc // www.youtube.com/c/railgansc
watchlulu
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany475 Posts
January 29 2019 10:15 GMT
#1273
On January 25 2019 16:03 Railgan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2019 23:39 GGzerG wrote:
This Battlecruiser build and mass oracle build is really stupid, just good scouting and mass queen / early hydra vs BC , and good scouting / good amount of queens / spore / rush to hydra as well? Nydus as a counter? What do you guys think.

I just open 2 Base Spire every ZvT since early HotS.
Never had any Issues with the BC's


Do you go for Mutas then or for Corrupters? At what time is your Spire done usually?
Have a nice day!
Starcloud
Profile Joined September 2018
138 Posts
February 01 2019 15:05 GMT
#1274
Okay, fellow Zerglings.

How do you prepare/scout/beat those pesky Protoss 2-base all-ins, which seem to be in fashion again ?

Sometimes they even go for 3rd and that is not of course all-in any more, but they are actually ahead in economy too.

Imo its very hard to scout/determine, when they move out, especially if they dedicate to killing lings outside base/killing overlords for scout. They can push at 5 mins or then at 8 mins. If I prepare for 5 mins push, Im terribly behind if he doesnt come. And sometimes even if I make only units, they use warp prism and warp 8 adepts to my main while attacking 3rd. There are so many ways for him to attack and scout what I am doing. I just feel completely lost at the matchup atm.

So basically: How to survive against Protoss for 10 minutes. I cant seem to do so atm. Diamond 3, 3500sh MMR.

KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 03 2019 10:46 GMT
#1275
On February 02 2019 00:05 Starcloud wrote:
Okay, fellow Zerglings.

How do you prepare/scout/beat those pesky Protoss 2-base all-ins, which seem to be in fashion again ?

Sometimes they even go for 3rd and that is not of course all-in any more, but they are actually ahead in economy too.

Imo its very hard to scout/determine, when they move out, especially if they dedicate to killing lings outside base/killing overlords for scout. They can push at 5 mins or then at 8 mins. If I prepare for 5 mins push, Im terribly behind if he doesnt come. And sometimes even if I make only units, they use warp prism and warp 8 adepts to my main while attacking 3rd. There are so many ways for him to attack and scout what I am doing. I just feel completely lost at the matchup atm.

So basically: How to survive against Protoss for 10 minutes. I cant seem to do so atm. Diamond 3, 3500sh MMR.



Well we've got WCS and GSL starting again so I'm just going to watch every zerg game and shamelessly steal builds.
Zerg for Life
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-04 07:25:22
February 04 2019 07:24 GMT
#1276
On February 02 2019 00:05 Starcloud wrote:
Okay, fellow Zerglings.

How do you prepare/scout/beat those pesky Protoss 2-base all-ins, which seem to be in fashion again ?

Sometimes they even go for 3rd and that is not of course all-in any more, but they are actually ahead in economy too.

Imo its very hard to scout/determine, when they move out, especially if they dedicate to killing lings outside base/killing overlords for scout. They can push at 5 mins or then at 8 mins. If I prepare for 5 mins push, Im terribly behind if he doesnt come. And sometimes even if I make only units, they use warp prism and warp 8 adepts to my main while attacking 3rd. There are so many ways for him to attack and scout what I am doing. I just feel completely lost at the matchup atm.

So basically: How to survive against Protoss for 10 minutes. I cant seem to do so atm. Diamond 3, 3500sh MMR.


This guide on SC2swarm is great :

https://sc2swarm.com/2018/12/11/standard-roach-zvp/
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
February 17 2019 12:58 GMT
#1277
A few things about me, so you can relate to my question better: After years of SC2 hiatus (didnt really play since 2013), I'm thinking about coming back to the game. My problem is I have missed everything of LotV and even most of HotS. I was a Master player back in WoL and the beginning of HotS, 2017 I played 5 games and got placed into Gold. I watched some pro games, but not enough to understand the Meta or know anything about builds. Heck, I dont even know what many units do exactly or what upgrades there are, but I will catch up to those things on my own, dont worry :D


So my question:
What are good standard build orders (or where can I find them), to get into a standard midgame? I dont wanna play cheesy baneling busts but also I dont wanna play the greediest builds possible, I just want to get into a normal macro midgame and play and learn from there.

I played a few games of Unranked, but people there are just so bad, stuff like 1 base turtle in 3 Thor attack (when I'm close to maxed) isnt really fun to play against, so I guess I have to go back to Ranked. But I dont want to play Ranked with so little game knowledge, I instantly remember my ladder anxiety...
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
February 17 2019 13:04 GMT
#1278
Unranked and ranked is the same matchmaker. The only difference is you have 2 separate MMRs and the unranked one isn't visible.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
February 17 2019 13:14 GMT
#1279
Oh okay, I guess I am in dumpster league then. I guess I play some Ranked to see what league I will get.
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
General_Winter
Profile Joined February 2011
United States719 Posts
February 18 2019 20:00 GMT
#1280
Getting back into the game after about 5+ years away. I just lost a game vs Terran (replay here https://sc2replaystats.com/replay/9835686) where I tried to roach timing them, didn’t see a natural, was confused and fumbled a bit, then decided to continue with the timing and died to hellions killing all my drones before I could make any roaches.

The game actually technically continues for about 5 minutes after he kills all my drones, and I do eventually make some roaches, try to attack and get crushed since the timing is late and he already has tanks and widow mines. But I think it was really over after that first hellion attack.

Q1: would my overlord at 2:40 have seen the CC if it was there? Or would I need to move it further forward and then back up?

Q2: If I saw, how should I have reacted when I didn’t see a natural base?

My thought is make a roach warren immediately to partially wall the ramp, and then start an additional queen and build the third hatch in my natural to make a wall in with my roach warren. Maybe throw down a spine also. My worry about this plan is that it might help with hellions or marines, but doesn’t do anything vs banshees or other air pressure.

At 3:11 my lings check his natural and confirm no CC.

Q3: At this point I know for sure he is doing some kind of 1 base aggression before expanding. How should I react?

It's too late to build my third hatch in the natural, but I could still build a roach warren asap. What I did was start a spore in my base and start more queens. Maybe I should have started some spines? I didn’t want to overreact though.

A bit later at 3:40ish some hellions kill my scouting lings. I don’t see this because may attention wasn’t on the lings.

Q4: When the hellions show up at my base at 4:03 was I just dead, or could i have reacted or microed better to save my drones?

I tried to use queens to block ramp and chase them away, but the ramp wasn’t creeped so they were slow going between main and natural, and when I tried to use the queens blocking my ramp to help vs the hellions, the hellions just rolled into my main.


One immediate change I’ve made to my play was just banning the map. Seems too wide and hard to protect natural from hellions.

Q5: what are good maps to ban as zerg?

Q6: Any other suggestions? Note I know having better macro and crisper timings helps with everything and I’m working on those, but I can’t immediately chose to just have them be better, so I’m looking for changes I can implement immediately as I try to improve those things gradually.

Thanks everyone!
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 64
JuggernautJason54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
League of Legends
JimRising 326
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS132
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5263
Liquid`Hasu1794
Other Games
summit1g6445
shahzam500
byalli363
C9.Mang0204
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 20m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 20m
Stellar Fest
15h 20m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.