• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8783 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 46

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 68 Next
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 22 2016 08:14 GMT
#901
I'm up in the air about how much better mutas will be. Right now it's very difficult to use them at all. It's hard to judge the difference it will make.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
November 22 2016 14:30 GMT
#902
On November 22 2016 17:14 Probe1 wrote:
I'm up in the air about how much better mutas will be. Right now it's very difficult to use them at all. It's hard to judge the difference it will make.


Kind of two fold: Mutas against marine tank is very viable, and with the +light removal from liberators, makes them a lot more forgiving.

On the other hand, mutas aren't the best against mech. I think we'll probably see a LBM focus on marine tank games, and probably just muta openings into later tech against mech.
Cereal
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-22 18:11:17
November 22 2016 18:09 GMT
#903
Mutalisks were still good units, just harder to use because a handful of liberators could oneshot your flock if you didn't pay attention. The way I see it mutalisks will counter both the cyclone and the liberator, leaving Thors and mines as tech options versus mass mutalisks.

Mutalisks are going to be good ZvT, it's more a question of how good the infestor and the hive tech will be.
I think esports is pretty nice.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-23 12:04:10
November 23 2016 10:32 GMT
#904
Does anyone have any particular strong feelings on vetoes this season? I skipped hots so half these maps are new to me.

Also RIP PvZ. It's going to be a brutal few weeks while protoss adjusts.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
November 23 2016 12:16 GMT
#905
On November 23 2016 19:32 Probe1 wrote:
Does anyone have any particular strong feelings on vetoes this season? I skipped hots so half these maps are new to me.

Also RIP PvZ. It's going to be a brutal few weeks while protoss adjusts.

What is it to be afraid in PvZ?
Skytoss?
New charglots?

Not that much changed for protoss, so even though its my worst zerg MU, I don't see any reason to worry.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 23 2016 12:18 GMT
#906
On November 23 2016 21:16 bulya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2016 19:32 Probe1 wrote:
Does anyone have any particular strong feelings on vetoes this season? I skipped hots so half these maps are new to me.

Also RIP PvZ. It's going to be a brutal few weeks while protoss adjusts.

What is it to be afraid in PvZ?
Skytoss?
New charglots?

Not that much changed for protoss, so even though its my worst zerg MU, I don't see any reason to worry.

Other way around. Protoss players are terrified of hydras now. Everyone I talk to is discussing how to hit before hydras come out.

I'm telling them that the usual fiddy immortals plan isn't so hot against hydra lurker but it will take them a bit to accept that collo disruptor is going to be sick against Zergs trying to capitalize on hydras.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
ks1aze
Profile Joined November 2016
2 Posts
November 23 2016 12:35 GMT
#907
Ok, so every terran I played today is playing mech with cyclon/hellion attack and then turtle with hellion runbys.

Before the patch I usually won those kind of games. Not now. Mech is INVINCIBLE now.

I always played macro, but I'm sick of this turtle shit. Please tell me, are there any good zerg allins (preferably 2base allins) vs terran?

I hope the nerfs come soon.
Haku
Profile Joined August 2013
Germany550 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-23 13:24:47
November 23 2016 12:51 GMT
#908
On November 23 2016 21:35 ks1aze wrote:
Ok, so every terran I played today is playing mech with cyclon/hellion attack and then turtle with hellion runbys.

Before the patch I usually won those kind of games. Not now. Mech is INVINCIBLE now.

I always played macro, but I'm sick of this turtle shit. Please tell me, are there any good zerg allins (preferably 2base allins) vs terran?

I hope the nerfs come soon.


Its funny how the terrans say its the other way arround. I am playing Zerg, but i have not figured it out yet. I was always bad against mech so i am crying about this patch while beeing super frustrated. But lets see what the future brings for myself and the balance in general. Haven´t played much today.

EDIT: lol i am loosing to diamond terrans left and right. feels bad man hahaha
Jaedong | Life | MKP | PartinG | LosirA | ByuN | TaeJa | TY | TLO | Bomber | HerO | Rotti | Dark | Stephano | Maru | Ragnarok | MC | IdrA | Serral | Creator | Bunny | INnoVation | Liquid | Prime | JinAir
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
November 23 2016 14:09 GMT
#909
On November 23 2016 21:51 EXRNaRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2016 21:35 ks1aze wrote:
Ok, so every terran I played today is playing mech with cyclon/hellion attack and then turtle with hellion runbys.

Before the patch I usually won those kind of games. Not now. Mech is INVINCIBLE now.

I always played macro, but I'm sick of this turtle shit. Please tell me, are there any good zerg allins (preferably 2base allins) vs terran?

I hope the nerfs come soon.


Its funny how the terrans say its the other way arround. I am playing Zerg, but i have not figured it out yet. I was always bad against mech so i am crying about this patch while beeing super frustrated. But lets see what the future brings for myself and the balance in general. Haven´t played much today.

EDIT: lol i am loosing to diamond terrans left and right. feels bad man hahaha

No matter which race you play you always play the weakest one.
It knew that long ago, but offracing lately showed me that.

When I play Terran or Protoss and my Zerg opponent have a bunch of lings I'm scared, when I have a lot of lings when playing Zerg vs marines, storm, archon, etc, I fell like my lings are trash.
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
November 23 2016 14:18 GMT
#910
Which is a good reason to offrace at least a bit.
Haku
Profile Joined August 2013
Germany550 Posts
November 23 2016 14:26 GMT
#911
On November 23 2016 23:09 bulya wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2016 21:51 EXRNaRa wrote:
On November 23 2016 21:35 ks1aze wrote:
Ok, so every terran I played today is playing mech with cyclon/hellion attack and then turtle with hellion runbys.

Before the patch I usually won those kind of games. Not now. Mech is INVINCIBLE now.

I always played macro, but I'm sick of this turtle shit. Please tell me, are there any good zerg allins (preferably 2base allins) vs terran?

I hope the nerfs come soon.


Its funny how the terrans say its the other way arround. I am playing Zerg, but i have not figured it out yet. I was always bad against mech so i am crying about this patch while beeing super frustrated. But lets see what the future brings for myself and the balance in general. Haven´t played much today.

EDIT: lol i am loosing to diamond terrans left and right. feels bad man hahaha

No matter which race you play you always play the weakest one.
It knew that long ago, but offracing lately showed me that.

When I play Terran or Protoss and my Zerg opponent have a bunch of lings I'm scared, when I have a lot of lings when playing Zerg vs marines, storm, archon, etc, I fell like my lings are trash.


Yeah i recently started playing with seperat MMR pushed Terran and Toss also to low master and thats exactly how it feels.

Jaedong | Life | MKP | PartinG | LosirA | ByuN | TaeJa | TY | TLO | Bomber | HerO | Rotti | Dark | Stephano | Maru | Ragnarok | MC | IdrA | Serral | Creator | Bunny | INnoVation | Liquid | Prime | JinAir
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 23 2016 15:13 GMT
#912
Yup. Conversely when I play TvZ I know exactly how to dick my opponents. I have a ton of practice getting harassed to death and know the moves first hand.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
TentatvePnda
Profile Joined November 2016
4 Posts
November 23 2016 22:29 GMT
#913
So what maps are good for vetoing?
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
November 23 2016 23:17 GMT
#914
On November 24 2016 07:29 TentatvePnda wrote:
So what maps are good for vetoing?

I vetoed Echo, Newkirk and Daybreak because of ZvP. Also considered Vaani because of potential 3rax reaper abuse and Whirlwind, because you mostly play ZvZ there.
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-23 23:36:07
November 23 2016 23:35 GMT
#915
On November 24 2016 07:29 TentatvePnda wrote:
So what maps are good for vetoing?

The only thing I've vetoed so far is Newkirk. I think it looks absolutely awful after playing on it. Not a balance thing per se just bad map design.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
loginn
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France815 Posts
November 24 2016 02:33 GMT
#916
Now that tanks are immobile again, vipers are back. I won every mech ZvT I played by going roach ravager hydra ling and having 4-5 vipers with me.

You can take so many bases versus a meching Terran that even if you lose your vipers after using blinding cloud, the trade can still be very much in your favor. Cyclone hellion is shit vs roach hydra ling, and tanks just don't shoot anyway.

Probably the hardest map to play on vs mech are Echo and Vaani? (I think) because of how small they are, the limited number of expansions and how the expansion pattern allows the mech player to push into you while protecting his bases.

This is mid master level btw

Stephano, Taking skill to the bank since IPL3. Also Lucifron and FBH
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
November 24 2016 07:21 GMT
#917
On November 24 2016 11:33 loginn wrote:
Now that tanks are immobile again, vipers are back. I won every mech ZvT I played by going roach ravager hydra ling and having 4-5 vipers with me.

You can take so many bases versus a meching Terran that even if you lose your vipers after using blinding cloud, the trade can still be very much in your favor. Cyclone hellion is shit vs roach hydra ling, and tanks just don't shoot anyway.

Probably the hardest map to play on vs mech are Echo and Vaani? (I think) because of how small they are, the limited number of expansions and how the expansion pattern allows the mech player to push into you while protecting his bases.

This is mid master level btw



Cool, I'll try that, what are your unit ratios at max?
I'be been trying responding to mech with the classic broodlord corruptor but with the thor buff - broodlord nerf you have to be ahead for it to work.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-24 08:52:49
November 24 2016 08:48 GMT
#918
Just mass hydra with fast hive. The only way for mech player to win is to hit a timing before vipers. Once vipers are outm it's over.
soO confirmed it on stream yesterday: "all hydra and vipers" (but that was before he was told about 20 range seekers rofl)
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 24 2016 09:39 GMT
#919
On November 24 2016 17:48 Ej_ wrote:
Just mass hydra with fast hive. The only way for mech player to win is to hit a timing before vipers. Once vipers are outm it's over.
soO confirmed it on stream yesterday: "all hydra and vipers" (but that was before he was told about 20 range seekers rofl)

You could do this super cheeky build instead that Dark just pulled.


Normal opener with a fast RW, turn all roaches into ravagers and use ling ravager to push back hellion cyclone openers.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
bulya
Profile Joined February 2016
Israel386 Posts
November 24 2016 10:35 GMT
#920
I was beaten by mass Ravens yesterday (didn't anticipate them, my scout told me its going to be banshees).
Is there a better way to deal with them other then vipers? (PB or abduct)
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 259
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 259
JuggernautJason64
BRAT_OK 55
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24611
Mini 422
Hyuk 174
firebathero 167
ggaemo 129
Dewaltoss 95
Mong 51
Hyun 34
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
Gorgc8483
febbydoto11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2785
Khaldor1392
crisheroes1114
Liquid`Hasu781
Other Games
FrodaN2367
fl0m976
Beastyqt782
mouzStarbuck218
KnowMe174
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King60
Trikslyr47
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1010
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 76
• StrangeGG 59
• Adnapsc2 25
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• 80smullet 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8958
• WagamamaTV354
Other Games
• imaqtpie779
• Shiphtur283
• tFFMrPink 20
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 19m
INu's Battles
17h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.