• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8344 users

The HotS Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 328

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 326 327 328 329 330 367 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions. Do not just ask for build orders.
Icekin
Profile Joined December 2014
88 Posts
February 25 2015 19:00 GMT
#6541
I usually go 3 stalker rush with robo for obs.
Mostly of players do twilight council for dt or blink, you can hold easy with immortals
PtitDrogo
Profile Joined May 2011
France163 Posts
February 25 2015 23:30 GMT
#6542
On February 26 2015 03:45 LNMK wrote:
I need a PvP build, I'm tired of just cheesing every single game.
I want it to be safe, no cheese and with some sort of timing attack. Any ideas? All of the ones in the main help me section seem outdated. I'm Masters.


If you're truly confident in your skill and just want to be safe, 3 gate Blink or Oracle into Blink are the way to go. You should always be able to react to everything and except vs robo expand (wich is very rare and still very winnable) you can be in a good spot vs everything.

Make sure to do the build right. Keeping one chrono so that when you chrono the Ms you have 25 left, and stopping at 16 probes on the mineral when you add the 2 gates/blink/third stalker, then start to remake probes.
Progamer
vhapter
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil677 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-25 23:51:53
February 25 2015 23:51 GMT
#6543
On February 26 2015 08:30 PtitDrogo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 03:45 LNMK wrote:
I need a PvP build, I'm tired of just cheesing every single game.
I want it to be safe, no cheese and with some sort of timing attack. Any ideas? All of the ones in the main help me section seem outdated. I'm Masters.


If you're truly confident in your skill and just want to be safe, 3 gate Blink or Oracle into Blink are the way to go. You should always be able to react to everything and except vs robo expand (wich is very rare and still very winnable) you can be in a good spot vs everything.

Make sure to do the build right. Keeping one chrono so that when you chrono the Ms you have 25 left, and stopping at 16 probes on the mineral when you add the 2 gates/blink/third stalker, then start to remake probes.

I'd certainly like to know how to deal with robo expands when I open blink. I honestly don't know what the best way to play is. Some of these new ladder maps seem to favor them quite a bit.
To live is to fight, to fight is to live!
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-25 23:57:20
February 25 2015 23:56 GMT
#6544
Depending on your and his build choices, you might straight up break him if you execute correctly. If you cant or you are playing a more defensive style (say, going blink while going robo and making probes at home) you should just try to harass as much as possible while chronoboosting probes out of 2 nexi. It very much comes down to who plays best imo, although the robo expand player can have a slight advantage.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-26 00:33:00
February 26 2015 00:32 GMT
#6545
On February 26 2015 08:30 PtitDrogo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2015 03:45 LNMK wrote:
I need a PvP build, I'm tired of just cheesing every single game.
I want it to be safe, no cheese and with some sort of timing attack. Any ideas? All of the ones in the main help me section seem outdated. I'm Masters.


If you're truly confident in your skill and just want to be safe, 3 gate Blink or Oracle into Blink are the way to go. You should always be able to react to everything and except vs robo expand (wich is very rare and still very winnable) you can be in a good spot vs everything.

Make sure to do the build right. Keeping one chrono so that when you chrono the Ms you have 25 left, and stopping at 16 probes on the mineral when you add the 2 gates/blink/third stalker, then start to remake probes.


Using a build like this, when should you add a robo assuming your opponent is on one base?

edit: to clarify, by what point, assuming you haven't ruled dt's out, would you normally try to fit it in?
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-26 00:34:24
February 26 2015 00:33 GMT
#6546
With oracle into blink never, with a safe blink build around the 6 minute mark. If you want to be safe with oracle > blink it's faster and cheaper to build a second oracle.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
robopork
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States511 Posts
February 26 2015 00:48 GMT
#6547
On February 26 2015 09:33 Teoita wrote:
With oracle into blink never, with a safe blink build around the 6 minute mark. If you want to be safe with oracle > blink it's faster and cheaper to build a second oracle.


That makes sense, thank you. Are there any particularly good vods or guides for the blink oracle style?
“This left me alone to solve the coffee problem - a sort of catch-22, as in order to think straight I need caffeine, and in order to make that happen I need to think straight.”
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
February 26 2015 08:55 GMT
#6548
I can't remember any, i have personally never played it.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
February 26 2015 09:36 GMT
#6549
Is there any way to reliable scout with a blink opener like that? You'd at least want to know the nexus timing (to identify some builds and react accordingly).

I know that you can msc scout but that leaves you open to stuff like 3gate pressure. Is there any way to avoid that 'coinflip'? Such as not msc scouting if they open 2 gates, I'm aware of.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
PtitDrogo
Profile Joined May 2011
France163 Posts
February 26 2015 20:30 GMT
#6550
I always try to msc scout while going blink, if you're producing 3 stalker out of the first gate and chrono wg once + microing rly well you can actually hold off a 3 gate while msc scouting (force a stalker at home then recall and use the ms in the main fight). Rly the weakness of Msc scouting is that you don't have an overcharge vs sg opening wich cut a lot of possible moves.
Msc scouting allows you to be able to skip the robo wich is very good in a lot of situations, nowadays you will either see someone msc scouting with blink or not scouting and getting a rly fast robo, both have strenght and weakness.
I personnally check the nexus timing after building the proxy pylone at 31/34, This allows you to build a proxy sg immediatly if you see a rly fast nexus.
Progamer
vhapter
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil677 Posts
February 26 2015 20:40 GMT
#6551
On February 26 2015 18:36 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Is there any way to reliable scout with a blink opener like that? You'd at least want to know the nexus timing (to identify some builds and react accordingly).

I know that you can msc scout but that leaves you open to stuff like 3gate pressure. Is there any way to avoid that 'coinflip'? Such as not msc scouting if they open 2 gates, I'm aware of.

There's this opener, which involves hallucination scouting. I'm not that good at PvP blink, but I've been doing this on the ladder. This build is more passive though and involves no early poke.

http://www.reddit.com/r/allthingsprotoss/comments/2ftsmj/build_of_the_week_pvp_sos_hallucination_3gate/

To live is to fight, to fight is to live!
Motlu
Profile Joined August 2014
Australia884 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-27 02:52:04
February 27 2015 02:48 GMT
#6552
How do you deal with early roach hydra viper timings off of 3 bases when opening oracle into fast third and +2 blink stalkers (the Rain version where you go up to 6 gates and get a robo after taking a third base). I feel like trying to get collossus out against this is bad as usually I'll only have 1 or at most 2 by the time they attack and they are instantly sniped by abducts.

Lately I have been trying to go into immortal production and getting out quick storm tech to defend but blinding cloud wrecks my army or at least zones it out while the hydras snipe my third base. Urgh, vipers and hydras are basically my kryptonite in this matchup -_-.

Edit: also is there some sort of technique for engaging roach hydra viper armies? I have had games where I have ~ 4 collossus, many blink stalkers and around 3 HT vs a roach hydra ball with 3-4 vipers and I manage to feedback the majority of the vipers only to derp against the 1 or 2 blinding clouds that are cast.
-
PtitDrogo
Profile Joined May 2011
France163 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-27 03:56:36
February 27 2015 03:56 GMT
#6553
If they're going roach hydra Viper on only 3 base/6gas you should just mass stalkers and hold their push/kill them. If the game if more on a macro scale (like they're going roach/hydra to def a fourth base then transitionning to viper) you should tech to templar, chrono immortals and make a warp prism/pylone to harass with zealot with the excess mineral.
The MOST important is that when you go blink stalker + 2 you NEVER want to go collossus when scouting a hive building, it's the best way to lose the game as you're describing.
The key to engaging is to remind yourself that you still need to forcefield off the zerg army, you should always completely forcefield off the army of the zerg (rather than try to cut it in half) so that only your collossus are firing, it leaves a lot of room for your templar to feedback the vipers without getting picked off by randoms roachs/hydras.
Also a little fun Fact, if you're facing pure hydra/Viper, you should start the fight, wait for him to blinding cloud you, then blink in, if he doesn't have enough energy to blinding cloud again, you win (wich happen often since they usually make only 2/3 vipers with half full of energy so they don't die to feedback) This works because Hydras don't tank shits, roach/hydra is just wait better imo.
Progamer
iMrising
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States1099 Posts
February 27 2015 05:32 GMT
#6554
I just want a general understanding of the map pool this season. It seems generally unfavorable for protoss.
Catallena: P > Z, P < T cliffs make it awful versus terran, but choky map make it good v zerg
Vaani: P ? Z, P < T Good SH map, seems standard but drops are awful to hold
Overgrowth: P = Z, P = T Pretty even overall, good SH map
Deadwing: P = T, P > Z Good macro map, good SH map
Springs: P ? T, P > Z third pretty hard to take, good map to all in on?
Inferno: P < T, P < Z Horrible map to macro as the thirds are so far
Expedition: P < T, P < Z (Although protoss all ins are strong on this map so it can go both sides?)

Am I wrong on any of these descriptions?
$O$ | soO
Motlu
Profile Joined August 2014
Australia884 Posts
February 27 2015 08:00 GMT
#6555
On February 27 2015 12:56 PtitDrogo wrote:
If they're going roach hydra Viper on only 3 base/6gas you should just mass stalkers and hold their push/kill them. If the game if more on a macro scale (like they're going roach/hydra to def a fourth base then transitionning to viper) you should tech to templar, chrono immortals and make a warp prism/pylone to harass with zealot with the excess mineral.
The MOST important is that when you go blink stalker + 2 you NEVER want to go collossus when scouting a hive building, it's the best way to lose the game as you're describing.
The key to engaging is to remind yourself that you still need to forcefield off the zerg army, you should always completely forcefield off the army of the zerg (rather than try to cut it in half) so that only your collossus are firing, it leaves a lot of room for your templar to feedback the vipers without getting picked off by randoms roachs/hydras.
Also a little fun Fact, if you're facing pure hydra/Viper, you should start the fight, wait for him to blinding cloud you, then blink in, if he doesn't have enough energy to blinding cloud again, you win (wich happen often since they usually make only 2/3 vipers with half full of energy so they don't die to feedback) This works because Hydras don't tank shits, roach/hydra is just wait better imo.


Thanks for the advice! So as I understand it vs a 3 base roach hydra viper attack (like the one Life did vs Dear in SSL iirc) I should just mass stalker/sentry to hold. I have always felt that stalkers are weak against hydras but I have never really tried this. How do I deal with blinding clouds with this army though? Do I try to engage early and bait out blinding clouds and blinking away?

Ah, I do generally FF badly when engaging roach hydra viper because I am so focused on getting feedbacks. I will practice FF their entire army off.

Btw is there any special technique for feedbacking vipers? I usually just hold down F and spam click in thr general area of the vipers but I often waste multiple feedbacks on single vipers. If not I guess I will have to improve my mouse accuracy and be calmer in future.
-
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
February 27 2015 10:06 GMT
#6556
On February 27 2015 05:30 PtitDrogo wrote:
I always try to msc scout while going blink, if you're producing 3 stalker out of the first gate and chrono wg once + microing rly well you can actually hold off a 3 gate while msc scouting (force a stalker at home then recall and use the ms in the main fight). Rly the weakness of Msc scouting is that you don't have an overcharge vs sg opening wich cut a lot of possible moves.
Msc scouting allows you to be able to skip the robo wich is very good in a lot of situations, nowadays you will either see someone msc scouting with blink or not scouting and getting a rly fast robo, both have strenght and weakness.
I personnally check the nexus timing after building the proxy pylone at 31/34, This allows you to build a proxy sg immediatly if you see a rly fast nexus.


Ah yeah, that's what I've been doing too. But a lot of the time my probe gets intercepted and I get no info at all, then have to make the robo and just take the BO loss if they did an early expand build.
I'll probably just msc scout with this. On 4p maps cross spawns, there's only the probe scout then?

I don't like the sentry first opener except in cross spawns on a huge map
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
March 01 2015 17:40 GMT
#6557
Can we get VODs for this thread?
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
March 01 2015 22:09 GMT
#6558
and that's why i 9scout in pvp :D
KingAlphard
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Italy1705 Posts
March 01 2015 22:28 GMT
#6559
On March 02 2015 07:09 .kv wrote:
and that's why i 9scout in pvp :D

It's a joke, right? 9 scout is terrible against everything.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
March 01 2015 22:35 GMT
#6560
i'm surprised this thread is necessary

User was temp banned for this post.
Zerg for Life
Prev 1 326 327 328 329 330 367 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2089
Snow 119
Bale 31
Noble 15
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1454
Mew2King2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1304
WinterStarcraft616
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 649
PiGStarcraft319
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS150
Maynarde135
RuFF_SC2114
Sick111
ViBE76
Livibee43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick643
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki138
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2106
League of Legends
• Lourlo1354
• Rush1098
• Stunt359
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 5m
OSC
8h 5m
Stellar Fest
8h 5m
OSC
19h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.