• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:46
CEST 17:46
KST 00:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War535.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7960 users

The HotS Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 125

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 269 Next
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
October 30 2013 21:14 GMT
#2481
On October 30 2013 23:00 b0rt_ wrote:
The zvp problem I have is transition. If I don't do enough roach and ling damage to a fairly fast toss 3rd then I have trouble with knowing what to do. I usually want to go into swarm hosts but I feel a 3 base toss is really powerful with 5+ collosus and archons by the time they hit. I could get a bunch of spines I guess but I wonder why he might not just walk around them? How many am I supposed to get and where? I don't feel I have enough gas to get out corruptors as well. Thanks for any help.


It sounds like your style right now is committing quite a lot to roach ling and hoping to kill the toss third/severly delay it. As with any heavy pressure that requires econ sacrifices, unless you do significant damage, you WILL be significantly far behind. I always found the best response to a quick toss third is to just out-greed him, never liked committing to attacks that have to do game crushing damage, especially not as zerg (a race that is built around having a great economy). Your problem with gas/resources to defend spawns from this as well, as you're dumping gas into roaches that did little damage and significantly delaying your 4th. Getting an earlier fourth and teching up to vipers or swarm hosts is the best way to play against a greedy toss imo
SooYoung-Noona!
roym899
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany426 Posts
October 30 2013 22:28 GMT
#2482
I really struggle in ZvP aswell. (Top Diamond/Master level, was Master and now came back playing)
I normally get a 4th and saturate it once I see the protoss getting the 4th and get swarm hosts. (like ~12 or so) I back it up with a Roach/Hydra army but I don't know what to transition into after Protoss got 5 colossi and pretty much unlimited storms... they just storm my army and I lose all my units or I retreat until I can't retreat anymore and lose my whole to storms.
I don't really know how to use vipers correctly or even if they would help vs storm? Should I use blinding cloud or abduct the colossi? But the storm problem would still pe present.
Best successs I had was just to be very cost efficient with my swarm hosts and then lose my whole army on purpose/trading it as best as I can and just get 40+ mutas and go for a baserace. But I really hate that playstyle and would much more like to go for some army with which I can actually engage the protoss deathball.

Any advice?
chairmobile
Profile Joined July 2013
United States111 Posts
November 01 2013 22:55 GMT
#2483
what do I do to counter mass blink stalker + immortal? Muta falls easily, zerglings melt before they can even start dps'ing, and ultras get owned by immortals. BL seems a little shaky given the mobility of mass blink stalker - they'll just snipe my bases 2 at a time while i can't engage. What unit comp is good?
The game is balanced. We just suck.
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-02 10:35:56
November 02 2013 10:32 GMT
#2484
On November 02 2013 07:55 chairmobile wrote:
what do I do to counter mass blink stalker + immortal? Muta falls easily, zerglings melt before they can even start dps'ing, and ultras get owned by immortals. BL seems a little shaky given the mobility of mass blink stalker - they'll just snipe my bases 2 at a time while i can't engage. What unit comp is good?

Which unit comp you go for depends on how much economy you have. If they're doing that as a unit comp off 3 base, go for swarmhosts and speed roaches. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=428262 You want to get around 14 swarm hosts and then start pressuring. Use the locusts from the swarm hosts to absorb damage while attacking with the roaches. Retreat your roach force when the locusts disappear. You need 2 control groups for this style, 1 for main army, 1 for swarmhosts. You will smash any gateway + immo composition.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
icezar
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 15:48:24
November 04 2013 15:47 GMT
#2485
Hi,

I cannot deal with bio mine for the love of God. It absolutly distroys me.
I am Plat, I was Diamond until this season.
I have like 70% win rate against Z and P and 15% against T.
If T tries anything else i just crush it. (2 rax, banschee mech etc.)

I tried ling bane muta but i think i do not have the micro, swarmhost are horribe against it.
Now i try to go hydra because it outranges the mines and hope i do not die until i get broodlords.

I feel like you have to go muta or hydra because you need to kill the medivacs but i hold the pushes one after another until a lucky mine shot and i am dead :-(
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
November 04 2013 15:54 GMT
#2486
On November 05 2013 00:47 icezar wrote:
Hi,

I cannot deal with bio mine for the love of God. It absolutly distroys me.
I am Plat, I was Diamond until this season.
I have like 70% win rate against Z and P and 15% against T.
If T tries anything else i just crush it. (2 rax, banschee mech etc.)

I tried ling bane muta but i think i do not have the micro, swarmhost are horribe against it.
Now i try to go hydra because it outranges the mines and hope i do not die until i get broodlords.

I feel like you have to go muta or hydra because you need to kill the medivacs but i hold the pushes one after another until a lucky mine shot and i am dead :-(


I have the EXACT same issue. Now Plat but I was Diamond before too.

Good winrate against Z and P but I have 30% against T because of the mines. There is always a couple of mines that I didn`t see and BOOM here come the lucky mine shot and I am dead.

I was told by some people to try to cripple the T economy early on with a roache timing that it may help out. But for me I am just waiting for the patch that hopefully will make the mine a little bit easier to play against.
In the swarm we trust
icezar
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany240 Posts
November 04 2013 16:17 GMT
#2487
good luck with that! They need like 1 marauder in the bunker to hold that...
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 16:18:25
November 04 2013 16:17 GMT
#2488
On November 05 2013 00:54 b0ub0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 00:47 icezar wrote:
Hi,

I cannot deal with bio mine for the love of God. It absolutly distroys me.
I am Plat, I was Diamond until this season.
I have like 70% win rate against Z and P and 15% against T.
If T tries anything else i just crush it. (2 rax, banschee mech etc.)

I tried ling bane muta but i think i do not have the micro, swarmhost are horribe against it.
Now i try to go hydra because it outranges the mines and hope i do not die until i get broodlords.

I feel like you have to go muta or hydra because you need to kill the medivacs but i hold the pushes one after another until a lucky mine shot and i am dead :-(


I have the EXACT same issue. Now Plat but I was Diamond before too.

Good winrate against Z and P but I have 30% against T because of the mines. There is always a couple of mines that I didn`t see and BOOM here come the lucky mine shot and I am dead.

I was told by some people to try to cripple the T economy early on with a roache timing that it may help out. But for me I am just waiting for the patch that hopefully will make the mine a little bit easier to play against.


Well, just play patiently. The key is : defend, defend, defend, muta, defend, defend, defend. 3 spines + 1 spore on the front. Counter attack with lings only, some banes if you need to break something. Always have overseers with you.
Once you got 20-30 muta, you can start to attack (30 muta in the main terran base are scary you know :D)
When you want to push to the terran base, always make sure that you cleaned the mines on your creep.
icezar
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 16:22:52
November 04 2013 16:21 GMT
#2489
yhea, they usually have 2 turrets and a mine there
If i insist a lot they also get a thor
MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
November 04 2013 16:29 GMT
#2490
On November 05 2013 01:21 icezar wrote:
yhea, they usually have 2 turrets and a mine there
If i insist a lot they also get a thor


Do you actually want help or do you just want people to join you in whining over terrans? How about this, post a zvt replay and we will see what your actual problems are.
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 17:50:42
November 04 2013 17:48 GMT
#2491
On November 05 2013 01:17 Insoleet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 00:54 b0ub0u wrote:
On November 05 2013 00:47 icezar wrote:
Hi,

I cannot deal with bio mine for the love of God. It absolutly distroys me.
I am Plat, I was Diamond until this season.
I have like 70% win rate against Z and P and 15% against T.
If T tries anything else i just crush it. (2 rax, banschee mech etc.)

I tried ling bane muta but i think i do not have the micro, swarmhost are horribe against it.
Now i try to go hydra because it outranges the mines and hope i do not die until i get broodlords.

I feel like you have to go muta or hydra because you need to kill the medivacs but i hold the pushes one after another until a lucky mine shot and i am dead :-(


I have the EXACT same issue. Now Plat but I was Diamond before too.

Good winrate against Z and P but I have 30% against T because of the mines. There is always a couple of mines that I didn`t see and BOOM here come the lucky mine shot and I am dead.

I was told by some people to try to cripple the T economy early on with a roache timing that it may help out. But for me I am just waiting for the patch that hopefully will make the mine a little bit easier to play against.


Well, just play patiently. The key is : defend, defend, defend, muta, defend, defend, defend. 3 spines + 1 spore on the front. Counter attack with lings only, some banes if you need to break something. Always have overseers with you.
Once you got 20-30 muta, you can start to attack (30 muta in the main terran base are scary you know :D)
When you want to push to the terran base, always make sure that you cleaned the mines on your creep.


I always try to save gaz for ultras. Maybe I should keep building mutas? I used to just go straight to ultras without mutas.. it worked for a while lol.

Ok here is 2 replays from yesterday. I played badly I know. If you guys can help me out I would appreciate it! ZvT is currently un-winnable for me. Something I don`t understand I guess!

http://drop.sc/364247
http://drop.sc/364246

Thx!
In the swarm we trust
chairmobile
Profile Joined July 2013
United States111 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 18:18:49
November 04 2013 18:18 GMT
#2492
On November 02 2013 19:32 TRaFFiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2013 07:55 chairmobile wrote:
what do I do to counter mass blink stalker + immortal? Muta falls easily, zerglings melt before they can even start dps'ing, and ultras get owned by immortals. BL seems a little shaky given the mobility of mass blink stalker - they'll just snipe my bases 2 at a time while i can't engage. What unit comp is good?

Which unit comp you go for depends on how much economy you have. If they're doing that as a unit comp off 3 base, go for swarmhosts and speed roaches. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=428262 You want to get around 14 swarm hosts and then start pressuring. Use the locusts from the swarm hosts to absorb damage while attacking with the roaches. Retreat your roach force when the locusts disappear. You need 2 control groups for this style, 1 for main army, 1 for swarmhosts. You will smash any gateway + immo composition.

Thanks!
The game is balanced. We just suck.
icezar
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany240 Posts
November 04 2013 19:18 GMT
#2493
On November 05 2013 01:29 MstrJinbo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2013 01:21 icezar wrote:
yhea, they usually have 2 turrets and a mine there
If i insist a lot they also get a thor


Do you actually want help or do you just want people to join you in whining over terrans? How about this, post a zvt replay and we will see what your actual problems are.


Point Taken! You are right.
back to ladder pain i guess :D
icezar
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-04 19:30:49
November 04 2013 19:24 GMT
#2494
On November 05 2013 02:48 b0ub0u wrote:

http://drop.sc/364247
http://drop.sc/364246

Thx!


Those look verry familiar.
You had 0 Chances, T was so far ahead, you took bad engages but even with good ones i think it would only took a little more.
I am very curious what adveices do you get.

PS: i love how your speed banes do no damage but his mines are like nuke strikes :D
SSeoni
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
139 Posts
November 06 2013 09:13 GMT
#2495
Hey guys, just a short question. How do you counter Protoss when he get's a very fast third like 6, 6:30 or maybe 7?
Do you flood lings or wait til you have hydras to do a ling timing attack? or flood roaches to kill his third?
I have no response to that but instead letting them having their 3rd base up easily.
씨니
icezar
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany240 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-06 11:38:30
November 06 2013 11:32 GMT
#2496
it depends on what i scout, if i go for it then its lings. if i see the forge spinning i do not do it, if i sow stargate i deffinatly do it
If i see gateways i fake it and try to catch his army between his natural and third, make him burn some FF at least.

If i think he goes colosus i macro hard - maybe mass expand and mutas if i see him really passive, if not i will try a hydra speed push later.

PS: I am plat hoping to be promoted to Dia but MMR Stats said my MMR is mid gold :-))) i have no problem killing P, i only die to verry specific 2 base allin and then is kind of close.
At my level i face a lot of 2 gate/ other proxy that i learnd to scout and i absolutly destroy them also a lot of air the i kill with hydra ling.
Burashi
Profile Joined November 2013
1 Post
November 06 2013 22:26 GMT
#2497
Hi, guys. What is a good strat for ZvZ? I'm plat, I have reasonably good winrates vs P and T, but have no idea how to play vs Zerg. When I go roach/hydra I get crushed by the muta army's mobility (and banelings), when I go muta - I can't do much damage and get crushed in a straight-on battle (assuming I live long enough to get mutas).
typhoonn
Profile Joined April 2013
8 Posts
November 07 2013 14:13 GMT
#2498
Hey guys, I'm a top gold player and i got a problem with Protoss. When the toss go sky toss and the game go into very late game, how do i deal vs his max 3/3/3 sky toss army ? Even if I'm on 5 bases i don't know how to do it. I tried to max out on Hydras, but, my entire army kills like 4 carriers and 3 void rays and just disappears. I a game, i even attacked him 3 times in a row with a maxed 3/3 hydra army but it didn't do anything. What composition should i go for, Mutas ??? Corruptors ??? Vipers ???. PLS HELP ME !!!
SpeedyTuyper
Profile Joined October 2013
England28 Posts
November 08 2013 09:24 GMT
#2499
On November 07 2013 23:13 typhoonn wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a top gold player and i got a problem with Protoss. When the toss go sky toss and the game go into very late game, how do i deal vs his max 3/3/3 sky toss army ? Even if I'm on 5 bases i don't know how to do it. I tried to max out on Hydras, but, my entire army kills like 4 carriers and 3 void rays and just disappears. I a game, i even attacked him 3 times in a row with a maxed 3/3 hydra army but it didn't do anything. What composition should i go for, Mutas ??? Corruptors ??? Vipers ???. PLS HELP ME !!!


I find the best way to deal with a skytoss is to just kill them off early if possible by doing a roach max timing attack, if this attack fails then you want to tech into roach hydra with some infestors to fungal voidrays as they can get in and out before they hit. In the late late game its all about static defence, queens and vipers. You have to spread creep as far as you can and set up loads of static defences on this creep, then after you have done this you get the vipers to pull the enemy units into the static defence and use the queens to heal. It is very micro intensive and very boring however right now that is the best way to deal with this.
"The ark was built by amateurs, but professionals built the Titanic"
SpeedyTuyper
Profile Joined October 2013
England28 Posts
November 08 2013 09:27 GMT
#2500
[/QUOTE]

I have the EXACT same issue. Now Plat but I was Diamond before too.

Good winrate against Z and P but I have 30% against T because of the mines. There is always a couple of mines that I didn`t see and BOOM here come the lucky mine shot and I am dead.

I was told by some people to try to cripple the T economy early on with a roache timing that it may help out. But for me I am just waiting for the patch that hopefully will make the mine a little bit easier to play against.
[/QUOTE]

If you are struggling against mines then you do not have to go ling bane muta, you can also go roach hydra which is still strong against bio mine, the reason it is not often used is because of its mobility though, you will need good creep spread to be able to use this compesition effectivly however it is the best counter to mines if you are unable to micro lings and banelings. Use the roaches to absort the mine hits and the hydras can take them out at range. Remember detection though
"The ark was built by amateurs, but professionals built the Titanic"
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 269 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
CranKy Ducklings180
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37671
Free 1479
Horang2 316
firebathero 240
Trap 135
Zeus 130
Hyun 65
ToSsGirL 43
soO 32
Rock 20
[ Show more ]
Noble 18
Aegong 17
Bishop 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8178
Dendi867
XaKoH 422
420jenkins194
Counter-Strike
fl0m3959
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko443
Other Games
singsing2173
Beastyqt649
Mlord369
byalli279
mouzStarbuck230
KnowMe215
Hui .189
QueenE83
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 35
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP29
• Adnapsc2 7
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1618
Other Games
• Shiphtur451
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 14m
Patches Events
23h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.