• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:24
CEST 02:24
KST 09:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7876 users

The (HotS) Zerg Help Me Thread Beta - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 27 Next All
doggy
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany306 Posts
December 28 2012 14:58 GMT
#201
On December 28 2012 23:09 everdrone wrote:
how can zerg beat reapers + mines?
terran just opens with 1 rax reaper + factory and 2nd gas, then he adds 2 more rax, making speed for reapers and +2 CC
so he have like 8-10 speed reapers and some mines, and zerg must build 3-4 roaches per base and 1 spine, or he will lose tons of workers, cuz reapers are really fast + they have heal, but when you build 8 early roaches and don't attack with them, you already economically behind
and finally mines don't let you take 3rd, cuz you can't move out of natural, so there is no way to allin him, and mutas also doesn't work, because if you will go mutas, you should skip roaches and then reapers will kill a lot of workers, and mines can counter muta really easy


Its easier said then done but you could try to go for some 2 base muta with a lot of queens(6-8 i guess). Queens do very well against that push, especially with transfuse, and you can also use them for creep spread. Muta would punish this really hard, mines dont do well against them. You just need to scout the front with an overseer and either snipe or if you dont have enough mutas you fly around them.

I think the same should work with 4-6 Queens and 2-4 roaches and a faster third instead of fast lair. You really need to have good overlord spread for map vision to not lose tons of drones, so its always very tricky to deal with. The sooner you go for three base, the easier you missposition your few units
tehcaekftw
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark138 Posts
December 28 2012 20:54 GMT
#202
Sentry Immortal All-In. Dumber and more powerful than ever. How do you beat it now?

Before i'd do a 7min macro hatch, make many many lings and force forcefield waste at his base. Although it seems now no matter what I do i end up loosing, again. Lings? herpaderp more zealots. Roaches? Not enough to even force anything at his base at that time.

Is it still the same counter as in WoL, or something completely diffrent
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 28 2012 20:56 GMT
#203
On December 29 2012 05:54 tehcaekftw wrote:
Sentry Immortal All-In. Dumber and more powerful than ever. How do you beat it now?

Before i'd do a 7min macro hatch, make many many lings and force forcefield waste at his base. Although it seems now no matter what I do i end up loosing, again. Lings? herpaderp more zealots. Roaches? Not enough to even force anything at his base at that time.

Is it still the same counter as in WoL, or something completely diffrent


Sentry immortal all in is actually easier to beat in hots then wol. Make swarmhosts with roach/ling support and your golden. I haven't lost to immortal all in yet cause everytime i see it coming I make swarmhosts and beat it easy peasy lemon squeezy.
When I think of something else, something will go here
tehcaekftw
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark138 Posts
December 28 2012 21:20 GMT
#204
How many, and when to get Lair and such? Do you just burrow them at your ramp or something? I could imagine protoss would just go kill your Third and then..
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 21:30:23
December 28 2012 21:28 GMT
#205
Why would you use swarm hosts.. If you identify immortal allin, get lair before ling speed, then get hydra den and range upgrade asap. Then hydraling it to the easiest win ever.

Speaking of the devil, has anyone figured a legit way to use swarm hosts yet?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 22:24:08
December 28 2012 22:21 GMT
#206
On December 29 2012 06:20 tehcaekftw wrote:
How many, and when to get Lair and such? Do you just burrow them at your ramp or something? I could imagine protoss would just go kill your Third and then..


Just make as many as possible, and your third should be close so if he keeps trying to jump around you just go to the base burrow - repeat - etc. He'll have to waste FF as well as again it's never a good idea to trade units for free units.

On December 29 2012 06:28 Atthasit wrote:
Why would you use swarm hosts.. If you identify immortal allin, get lair before ling speed, then get hydra den and range upgrade asap. Then hydraling it to the easiest win ever.

Speaking of the devil, has anyone figured a legit way to use swarm hosts yet?


Even going hydra/ling immortal/sentry can still beat it if they use FF's good. Swarmhosts I have never lost to an immortal all in using swarmhosts. Then after you hold it you can go counter aggression and pretty much win right there (although you can also with hydra/ling if you hold with it).

Also swarmhosts can be pretty good zvp, swarmhost/corruptor is actually pretty strong, but you probably won't win the game it will just be a contain while you tech and expand. Think lurker contain in bw if you ever played that.

I think swarmhosts have potential to be decent in zvz, but I need more testing in that department vs good players, I rarely lose when i go muta - swarmhost zvz if they go infestor first, but I am not playing to many pro zergs so it's hard to say.
When I think of something else, something will go here
tehcaekftw
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark138 Posts
December 28 2012 22:26 GMT
#207
When do you tech to Lair, and how many gasses do you get? What about evo chambers?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 28 2012 22:31 GMT
#208
On December 29 2012 07:26 tehcaekftw wrote:
When do you tech to Lair, and how many gasses do you get? What about evo chambers?


Normal time for lair 7-7:30, you will want 4 gases, 1 evo.

I would have to look at a rep to know for sure (I haven't faced immortal all in, in a long time) but those timings should be correct.
When I think of something else, something will go here
tehcaekftw
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark138 Posts
December 28 2012 22:36 GMT
#209
7 minute lair sounds pretty late to me if you want to have any good amount of swarm hosts out..

I'd really appreciate a replay, though.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 22:38:45
December 28 2012 22:38 GMT
#210
Shouldn't be to late um you can look here

http://www.mediafire.com/?225xggjm33ify9z

It has all my hots replays from beginning of beta to december 20'th. 234 reps, I don't feel like looking through them all to try and find an immortal all in as I can't remember the last time I played vs one, early in hots I faced it and I have faced it a few times past 2 months but can't remember when or anything sorry xD.

I can tell you the maps to look for.

Daybreak and Akilon wastes (the desert 2 player map). I know I got immo sentry all ind there.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-29 12:35:10
December 29 2012 12:33 GMT
#211
Is there any way for a late game zerg to beat a max supply Toss Carrier/Void/HT army?

If there is not, (as I've heard that the only way is to not let them get that) what exactly is the timing to attack protoss when they are going for that and what unit comp should I have?
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
Siggeh
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway71 Posts
December 29 2012 13:14 GMT
#212
blade, if the toss camps on 3 bases and gets lets say collosi, tempest, voids, oracles, stalker they will just crush ur contain.... so what do u do to prevent this? Do u pull back ur swarm hosts when u see him pushing out, and what should be ur later transition to defeat sky toss death ball??
tehcaekftw
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark138 Posts
December 29 2012 13:27 GMT
#213
On December 29 2012 22:14 Siggeh wrote:
blade, if the toss camps on 3 bases and gets lets say collosi, tempest, voids, oracles, stalker they will just crush ur contain.... so what do u do to prevent this? Do u pull back ur swarm hosts when u see him pushing out, and what should be ur later transition to defeat sky toss death ball??


but that tactic is to beat sentry immortal allin

protoss dosnt go tempest/void/oracle/stalker/collosus when they do a sentry immortal allin

Obviously your transition is going to be somewhere like attack him and win with whatever you have while maxing out on roachhydra
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 29 2012 20:13 GMT
#214
On December 29 2012 21:33 Disastorm wrote:
Is there any way for a late game zerg to beat a max supply Toss Carrier/Void/HT army?

If there is not, (as I've heard that the only way is to not let them get that) what exactly is the timing to attack protoss when they are going for that and what unit comp should I have?


If the toss controls correctly no there isn't. You as a zerg need to be aggressive and prevent giving him the time necessary to get that composition.

On December 29 2012 22:14 Siggeh wrote:
blade, if the toss camps on 3 bases and gets lets say collosi, tempest, voids, oracles, stalker they will just crush ur contain.... so what do u do to prevent this? Do u pull back ur swarm hosts when u see him pushing out, and what should be ur later transition to defeat sky toss death ball??


Well like I said you should be teching, expanding while the contain happens. You won't be able to kill him (if he plays smart) with the swarmhosts, but you should be able to contain him for a decent amount of time. Then once he starts breaking out you should be remaxing on another composition aka like ultra/hydra if you go fast hive like I do and stuff.

But I don't normally play swarmhosts because I find them not the best and roach/hydra into fast hive into ultra/hydra/ling/bane/viper to be stronger imo.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
December 30 2012 12:04 GMT
#215
http://drop.sc/289251?pass=9f54b8fc-e830-4acc-a87c-21bdd9a2be54

Standard colossus stalker sentry deathball + a lot of tempest. What's the proper way to play against this? Up until 21st minute I was convinced he only had a few tempest to support his ball, snipe my vipers and such, but even if I knew he was this tempest heavy I'm still unsure what to do. Unit tester doesn't work for some reason so I really don't know how corruptors fare against them, like how many I would need. Help please
Orzabal
Profile Joined December 2009
France287 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 12:52:30
December 30 2012 12:51 GMT
#216
****EDIT****

I didn't see my answer was already asked.
brudnychuj
Profile Joined December 2012
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 14:30:25
December 30 2012 13:40 GMT
#217
hey, i'm sorry, but does the skytoss really works in pvz on master+ level? maybe i'm executing it badly, but i die to roach/hydra pushes every time or at least i fall really behind.

pvz was always my favourite matchup but i'm out of ideas in hots.

could you upload some pvz replays from high level play?


---
wrong topic, but it is regarding your race at least :p
tehcaekftw
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark138 Posts
December 30 2012 20:51 GMT
#218
I've been vs. someone who opened Phoenixes, then started making voidrays or carriers or whatever other air units, i just pushed them with hydra/ling, maybe roaches too and pretty much win the game at that point.

I just dont think you can OPEN air only, you're going to die to anything that can shoot up in the early midgame.

A lategame transition would probably work though, heard carrier tempest or something should be quite strong.
Siggeh
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway71 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 00:14:09
December 31 2012 00:10 GMT
#219
+ Show Spoiler +
tehcaekftw Denmark. December 29 2012 22:27. Posts 117 PM Profile Quote #
On December 29 2012 22:14 Siggeh wrote:
blade, if the toss camps on 3 bases and gets lets say collosi, tempest, voids, oracles, stalker they will just crush ur contain.... so what do u do to prevent this? Do u pull back ur swarm hosts when u see him pushing out, and what should be ur later transition to defeat sky toss death ball??



but that tactic is to beat sentry immortal allin

protoss dosnt go tempest/void/oracle/stalker/collosus when they do a sentry immortal allin

Obviously your transition is going to be somewhere like attack him and win with whatever you have while maxing out on roachhydra


I was asking a different question about a different scenario... immortal sentry allin is pretty much the easiest thing to play against ZvP in Hots. Skytoss is not, and it seems like all protosses transition into skytoss or some kind of hybrid skytoss composition when moving into the late game which I have huuge problems dealing with.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 31 2012 01:35 GMT
#220
On December 31 2012 05:51 tehcaekftw wrote:
I've been vs. someone who opened Phoenixes, then started making voidrays or carriers or whatever other air units, i just pushed them with hydra/ling, maybe roaches too and pretty much win the game at that point.

I just dont think you can OPEN air only, you're going to die to anything that can shoot up in the early midgame.

A lategame transition would probably work though, heard carrier tempest or something should be quite strong.


Yeah they can't go air all game. They need to get colossi and a ground army and when it hits late game they can start transitioning into pure air.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings90
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 978
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4530
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10596
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0275
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 36m
Replay Cast
22h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.