• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:01
CEST 15:01
KST 22:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6163 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 53

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 432 Next
Morik
Profile Joined August 2010
65 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-13 18:00:35
August 13 2012 15:32 GMT
#1041
I have a question for the ZRMM layout.

I have been reviewing the hotkeys (I just downloaded it and have been looking everything over before beginning the JaKaTaK method), and I am wondering why ping minimap is on '.' (period) while one of the free cameras is on '7'.

I find reaching over to 7 with my ring finger to be relatively disruptive compared to hitting period. For players who stick to 1v1, there isn't really a need to ping the minimap. I'm curious about this decision. My feeling is that minimap ping would be better on the harder to reach key, while keeping the free camera on the easier to reach key.

But as I said, I haven't actually started using TheCore yet, so what do I know. Figured I'd ask about it.

EDIT: Also, once I've tilted the keyboard as described in positioning, it feels much more natural to hit the 0 key with my index finger instead of my middle finger.
Before the tilt, 0 is slightly closer to P, but not much. After the tilt, 0 is much closer to P than it is to O (just move index finger up and slightly left), while the middle finger has to move a good bit to the right, and bumps into my index finger (unless I remove my index finger from P) when trying to hit 0.

Any thoughts on that?

EDIT 2: nvm, just watched the JaKaTaK with LittleFoot episode from Sunday and saw there are a lot of changes in 0.3.4... now I guess I won't learn these hotkeys on my day off, but wait until I can grab 0.3.4 (I play zerg, and it looks like the way that hatcheries & queen hotkeys are set up got changed). I guess the above comments are probably no longer relevant.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 13 2012 18:49 GMT
#1042
We're not sure if we're going to make that change. Its very much in an alpha stage, we have 2 people testing right now. We will always do what needs to be done to improve this layout.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Xalyx
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1 Post
August 13 2012 20:11 GMT
#1043
I don't understand how to use this. The video says make the Dummy Profile but when I do that it says Hotkey profiles are stored on battle.net to be accessed from any computer.. So no Hotkey folder with Dummy Profile is being created. So then I just made the Hotkey folder myself and put the file in there but it doesn't show up. Aren't the Hotkeys stored on B.net now instead of our computers so how do I do this?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 13 2012 21:27 GMT
#1044
b.net stores your active hotkey profile. Not all of them. Also, all of them are stored on your computer in the hotkey folder mentioned in the video. Make sure to follow all the instructions very specifically.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
bisl
Profile Joined October 2011
United States21 Posts
August 14 2012 07:00 GMT
#1045
I find myself fat-fingering F3 and muting the sound a bunch. Suggest Alt-F3 to mute instead since no Alt-based commands take you anywhere near the F-keys, and I can't imagine any reason why you would ever want to mute the sound during a game.
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 10:10:44
August 14 2012 10:09 GMT
#1046
When assigning control groups for army, should I just doubleclick on marines and assign to 0, doubleclick on a ghost to get all ghosts in area and assign to 9 etc. (i usually shift assign since I want to add to my control groups)? Is this the best (only) way?

I also find it deeply frustrating that I have to play out a macro game to practice micro since arcade. All the micro tournaments are gone, arent they?

Ive started using all the cameras and its quite good but shift+ctrl is a bit out of reach for my thumb on my keyboard at any rate. So its not as convenient as could be...
Amove for Aiur
Jabax
Profile Joined June 2012
Norway3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 15:53:10
August 14 2012 15:32 GMT
#1047
I think there might be something wrong with either the nordic or the standard version of TheCorePRM 0.3.3. The hold position command is bound to M in the standard version of the file and H in the Nordic one. I also think that hold position was bound to H in TheCorePRM 0.3.2. I couldn't find anything about this change this in the changelog, so i wanted to let you know about it. I am using a norwegian keyboard, but i don't think that makes any difference. H and M should be in the same position as on a US-QWERTY keyboard. Edit: The keys for building assimilator and gateway also seem to be changed. In the nordic version assimilator is I, and in the standard version assimilator is K. For gateways it is K in the nordic layout, and I in the standard layout. Is this intentional?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 14 2012 15:57 GMT
#1048
@bisl
keep in mind F3 is not mute, but toggle sound. If for some reason your sound is off and you need it on quickly, pressing F3 will enable it. If that kind of a change goes through it will likely be shift+F3 (much easier)

@snu
I ctrl+click instead of double clicking, (I find it to be more accurate) but do what you want. The only real annoyance in having multiple control groups IMO is setting them, once you have them its so great :D

@jajbax
Hold position should be M on a Protoss or Terran layout.
Hold position should be H on a Random layout.
Hold position should be K on a Zerg layout.

make sure you are looking at the correct layout
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
August 14 2012 15:59 GMT
#1049
thanks for the reply. ctrl + click is better for sure.
Amove for Aiur
Jabax
Profile Joined June 2012
Norway3 Posts
August 14 2012 16:24 GMT
#1050
Thanks for the reply. Turns out i used RRM when i was supposed to use PRM. P and R are hard to tell apart sometimes .
bisl
Profile Joined October 2011
United States21 Posts
August 14 2012 17:23 GMT
#1051
On August 15 2012 00:57 JaKaTaK wrote:
@bisl
If that kind of a change goes through it will likely be shift+F3 (much easier)


Yeah, also now that I think about it if you fat-finger Alt-F3 you might kill the game client...hah.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 14 2012 23:49 GMT
#1052
On August 15 2012 02:23 bisl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 00:57 JaKaTaK wrote:
@bisl
If that kind of a change goes through it will likely be shift+F3 (much easier)


Yeah, also now that I think about it if you fat-finger Alt-F3 you might kill the game client...hah.


Lololol. Accidental Alt+F4 is definitely not a good idea....
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
pyrostat
Profile Joined August 2012
Korea (South)70 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 03:47:38
August 15 2012 03:45 GMT
#1053
when i press zerg, then right, then no 4th or 5th mouse buttons, in that order, i don't get a photo showing the layout. all i see is the download link and title... same for all other options. can somone give me an ss of this specific photo as it is the one that fits me. thanks

EDIT: for example http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=257590
darkgrid shows it's layout; what each key is hotkeyed to etc..
FoxyMayhem
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
624 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 10:07:50
August 15 2012 10:07 GMT
#1054
Layouts with extended detail are not available for the beta. To do all the iterations of the Darkgrid layout, it easily took me 40 hours of work. I don't want to do that again until I don't have to redo it every week. The development documents, and the in game hotkey viewer (plus the Show Command Hotkey Text option) give you all you need to know. Sorry for the inconvenience.
GTo7_Panda
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany68 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 10:39:07
August 15 2012 10:37 GMT
#1055
I have a problem regarding the suggested controll group "O" for injecting queens:

Whenevery I select a queen and try to put her in a controll group, she`s gonna inject some larva instead of going into the control group, as "O" is exactly this, injecting. At the moment i have all my queens on "[" (the key right to "P"). The suggested unit for "[" would be infestors, though.

I am a little confussed, pls help me out:D 2nd game, liking it so far, injecting flows really well!

Edit: I use ZRM german layout
Snusmumriken
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden1717 Posts
August 15 2012 10:52 GMT
#1056
sometimes when I ctrl+shift o for my second commandcenter it seems to interpret it as shift+o and all of a sudden whatever building I currently centered is added to my raxes etc.

Kinda annoying.
Amove for Aiur
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
August 15 2012 14:47 GMT
#1057
On August 15 2012 19:52 Snusmumriken wrote:
sometimes when I ctrl+shift o for my second commandcenter it seems to interpret it as shift+o and all of a sudden whatever building I currently centered is added to my raxes etc.

Kinda annoying.

You don't even know the meaning of annoyance... Injects are hell when you accidentally let go of shift or ctrl. Queens ruining the hatchery control group, Queens attacking hatcheries, etc. It's madness.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 15 2012 14:56 GMT
#1058
@GTo7_Panda
You are likely not looking at the ZRM suggested control groups, but the RRM suggested control groups. Look at the bottom left portion of your screen, there should be tabs, make sure you click on the Zerg tab. Also, if you scroll to the top of the screen, make sure the column you are looking at is title ZRM and not RRM

@Snusmumriken
I strongly suggest setting up all of your base cameras in the beginning of each match to avoid this problem, read the FAQ for details on how to do that.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
UrbanIcon
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2 Posts
August 15 2012 19:23 GMT
#1059
interesting ill have to check this out
Our lives are made by the death of others.
meursault
Profile Joined January 2011
United States59 Posts
August 15 2012 21:02 GMT
#1060
On August 11 2012 00:34 JaKaTaK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2012 22:53 meursault wrote:
The other question that I am trying to answer is what should be on the side of the mouse. I am thinking of putting base camera positions in addition to nexus, next nexus and the production group. I need to go back and read the papers that exist on two handed interaction for various tasks and the cost of context switching. If I recall correctly you want to avoid context switching between different types of tasks on the same hand and if you do this you can perform operations faster than otherwise. I think the question here is what counts as a context switch and therefore what should be on which hand to minimize the more cognitively difficult context switches.


I would be very interested in reading about the stuff you are talking about here. Context switching and two handed interaction sounds like papers I'd want to read. Link me please!

EDIT: Also, could you please explain the exact button combination for the "hold position micro" you are talking about? You have to press "attack" and "hold position" in the combo i'm assuming by your wording here... right?


I'm not at my University right now so a lot of the recent papers are not available to me in full text. This video:
provides a good overview of some of the very old research that was performed in this area. I'll provide a larger bibliography later. One of the issues is deciding how relevant these tasks are to Starcraft. I believe there is some military research into this also but I don't know how accessible it is.



When I talk about hold position micro I'm referring to the necessity of using hold position with some units and attack moving or targeted attacking with other units or switching back and forth between these on a specific set of units. For me this is usually when rushing as protoss or defending a 4-gate
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1070
WardiTV778
OGKoka 292
Rex158
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 415
OGKoka 292
Rex 158
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2278
Horang2 1372
Shuttle 1325
EffOrt 644
Jaedong 579
BeSt 495
Soma 414
Mini 327
Light 219
Stork 216
[ Show more ]
ZerO 190
ggaemo 150
Rush 117
Zeus 99
Killer 78
Barracks 73
Hyun 64
Shine 63
Sea.KH 45
Shinee 31
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 26
Yoon 25
Aegong 23
Mong 23
sorry 21
soO 19
Sexy 17
PianO 16
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
zelot 9
HiyA 8
yabsab 7
Icarus 7
Noble 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
qojqva1906
Dendi1619
BananaSlamJamma285
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin694
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes372
Other Games
singsing2293
olofmeister1509
hiko732
B2W.Neo612
Lowko348
Sick229
Pyrionflax165
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King42
Liquid`VortiX37
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream529
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2201
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.