• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:57
CEST 10:57
KST 17:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6383 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 327

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 325 326 327 328 329 432 Next
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 20:48:00
May 12 2014 20:39 GMT
#6521
I explain it in the update video. What part did you not understand?

edit: updating the spreadsheet now. I think this is actually pretty fucking awesome. take a look
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
somesuchnonsense
Profile Joined April 2014
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 21:23:18
May 12 2014 21:12 GMT
#6522
Unless I'm just being dense, I didn't see where you talked about moving unit production to pinky home row key in the video.
I was thinking something like this:

-------------------------------RLM---RRM
Ranged--------------------- E-------O
Unit Production-----------G-------J

Melee-------------------------4-------9
Spellcaster-----------------D-------L
Queen/Nex/CC------------3-------0
Stalker-----------------------H-------H
Harass-----------------------V------M
Harass-----------------------B-------N
Moco-------------------------Y--------Y
Scout / Harass-----------X--------.

Edit: looks like you are rearranging abilities to put stim on I instead of K? Certainly makes it more comfortable to hit from H. Added bonus of having stim on the same key as blink, since those CGs line up and serve much the same purpose within a fight.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 12 2014 21:38 GMT
#6523
I didn't say we are moving unit production to the pinky...... or maybe I did? I in the very least did not mean to say it.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
somesuchnonsense
Profile Joined April 2014
United States19 Posts
May 12 2014 21:46 GMT
#6524
No, that was my suggestion. That way you can unit production on home row pinky, army on home row middle, and Queen/CC/Nex on middle off home row. That way you keep your macro keys on different fingers.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 12 2014 21:47 GMT
#6525
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........... sorry, i get what you mean now.

The reason we put army on the pinky is so that we can have alternating fingers for thinks like Army 2 and Spellcaster that aren't on terrible keys.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
HerrPfotig
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany39 Posts
May 12 2014 21:53 GMT
#6526
Please think long and hard about putting Production and CC on the same finger this is going to make "The Tab" really slow
somesuchnonsense
Profile Joined April 2014
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 21:58:47
May 12 2014 21:58 GMT
#6527
Hmm.. I see. Is it really that bad having army1, army2, and caster on the same finger? You'll alway be pressing at least one index/ring finger key in between, so it breaks up the finger repetition. OP9PLP doesn't feel any slower than JP9PLP to me. Having unit production and CC/Nex/Queen on different fingers seems more important to me, since those two CG are the two most likely to be pressed in sequence throughout the early to mid-midgame.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 22:02:02
May 12 2014 22:01 GMT
#6528
On May 13 2014 06:53 HerrPfotig wrote:
Please think long and hard about putting Production and CC on the same finger this is going to make "The Tab" really slow

If I'm not mistaken, that isn't the plan?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 12 2014 22:06 GMT
#6529
I think long and hard about every decision in TheCore, you've no reason to worry.

"The Tap" is something we've considered for this, as it is the main "loss" with moving the two macro keys to the same finger for protoss and terran (this is not an issue for zerg at all).

"The Tap" with this layout could look more like:

check worker production
check army
check unit production
check army

at any of these check points, the player will choose to produce when necessary as well as issue commands to the army when necessary. This is just a hypothesis, but maybe it would produce smoother multitasking because the army is being checked more often.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
HerrPfotig
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany39 Posts
May 12 2014 22:07 GMT
#6530
I dont know what the plan is.... look at the core master spreadsheet, its in the works with 0 and O as Macro CGs
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
May 12 2014 22:08 GMT
#6531
On May 13 2014 07:07 HerrPfotig wrote:
I dont know what the plan is.... look at the core master spreadsheet, its in the works with 0 and O as Macro CGs

Oh, my bad, I couldn't find that section until now
HerrPfotig
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany39 Posts
May 12 2014 22:14 GMT
#6532
ah ok now I see.

adventureous, I like it :D
HerrPfotig
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany39 Posts
May 12 2014 22:18 GMT
#6533
So I assume, less CG use and more of Move Command following if MM is on J otherwise "The Tap" would consist of 3 CGs that all have to be pressed with the middle finger
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 12 2014 22:21 GMT
#6534
On May 13 2014 06:58 somesuchnonsense wrote:
Hmm.. I see. Is it really that bad having army1, army2, and caster on the same finger? You'll alway be pressing at least one index/ring finger key in between, so it breaks up the finger repetition. OP9PLP doesn't feel any slower than JP9PLP to me. Having unit production and CC/Nex/Queen on different fingers seems more important to me, since those two CG are the two most likely to be pressed in sequence throughout the early to mid-midgame.


mmm, I think you make a very good point. Going to see if there is a solution with the abilities that fits.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 22:25:10
May 12 2014 22:23 GMT
#6535
On May 13 2014 07:01 Antylamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2014 06:53 HerrPfotig wrote:
Please think long and hard about putting Production and CC on the same finger this is going to make "The Tab" really slow

If I'm not mistaken, that isn't the plan?

At the moment 0 (zero) is considered for the Nexus/CC/Queens and O for the production buildings and the hatch. So both are on the middle finger. But having 0 (zero) as Nexus/CC/Queens hotkey, you could also use the index finger for pressing it and doing the tab. This gives repetition for the mule, but I think this is not that big a deal, because that key is not pressed that often and also not that time sensitive (imo). So I think it is worth testing.

Btw: I just realised that U/T is considered a ring finger key. Always used it with my pinkie and it felt good ^^. Maybe by using U/T with the pinkie could make my first proposal of switching the usage of both fingers (ring and pinkie) viable again. This was one of the reason why I thought the pinkie would offer enough easy to use keys. But so far I also like the idea you came up with and would give it a try.

edt: damn, this post took me too long ^^
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 22:40:56
May 12 2014 22:36 GMT
#6536
@somesuch
I think this works out really well, didn't even have to change anything. document is updated.

@yotca
pressing it with the index seems very uncomfortable, I don't think it would be worth the discomfort for avoiding the finger repetition.

also, giving the pinky more keys means it makes even more sense to have it do abilities.


EDIT: including the ghost for main army in terran is interesting, what do you all think?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 22:42:30
May 12 2014 22:41 GMT
#6537
On May 13 2014 07:36 JaKaTaK wrote:
also, giving the pinky more keys means it makes even more sense to have it do abilities.

Yeah, that was my proposal in the first place
Or is this already coming?
somesuchnonsense
Profile Joined April 2014
United States19 Posts
May 12 2014 22:58 GMT
#6538
I've always put ghosts in my main army CG, but not at the exclusion of having their own CG as well (if that is what your were suggesting). Spell caster unit are by far the most important units to have in their own CG imo.

I really like the new hotkey for unseige/deactivate. It makes queueing up unseige, move, reseige a lot smoother.

It doesn't seem like it would make a difference, but the Load hotkey could easily put on a much slower key. The only time I've ever used it, or seen it used on streams for that matter, is for a cute way to save SCVs on an un-upgraded CC. Otherwise it is just like move command, there is never a need to press it instead of just right clicking. Still, I might just be ignorant of some uses for it.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 13 2014 00:08 GMT
#6539
On May 13 2014 07:41 YoTcA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2014 07:36 JaKaTaK wrote:
also, giving the pinky more keys means it makes even more sense to have it do abilities.

Yeah, that was my proposal in the first place
Or is this already coming?


I fucked that up. I think it might work if we pressed T/U with the pinky, but I also think that is non-optimal.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 13 2014 00:24 GMT
#6540
YoTcA,

If I understand correctly, there are 5/23 keys pressed with the pinkie, 5/23 keys pressed with the middle, 6/23 keys pressed with the ring, and 7/23 keys pressed with the index. This fits very nicely, because there are exactly 10 control groups and 13 abilities. Further, this split is the one which makes the average key score between CGs and abilities the most alike (~6.7 and 6.9)

I agree with you that double presses for the pinkie suck, but I think they are even worse on the ring. I think it may be a necessary evil, when it comes to control groups.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Prev 1 325 326 327 328 329 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 783
actioN 681
BeSt 289
Killer 195
Mong 162
Dewaltoss 118
sorry 59
sSak 41
ZergMaN 36
Aegong 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
NotJumperer 24
yabsab 14
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli680
Other Games
summit1g9749
olofmeister984
Happy284
crisheroes190
Sick169
KnowMe100
Pyrionflax83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos916
• Stunt453
Other Games
• WagamamaTV108
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 3m
Replay Cast
14h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.