• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:45
CEST 22:45
KST 05:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9079 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 324

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 432 Next
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
May 03 2014 15:44 GMT
#6461
Ahh, okay, my bad. I tend to avoid github since I'm not used to using it at all
FPyro
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany47 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-03 18:31:53
May 03 2014 18:22 GMT
#6462
Hey!

I was wondering if any Zerg player tried the random version yet and if it's good? I was thinking about playing some random for fun, but I'm still mainly Zerg, so it might be a bit difficult and I don't wanna adjust the hotkeys before every game depending on the race that got picked...
thanks
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 03 2014 18:39 GMT
#6463
All races have off-race capability built in, you shouldn't be changing your layout depending on what race you get. I have been using PLM for Random since day 1.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
May 03 2014 20:03 GMT
#6464
Hello.


Guess who?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 04 2014 00:48 GMT
#6465
Hooray! Welcome back Ninjury
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Akiyo
Profile Joined May 2014
9 Posts
May 04 2014 05:09 GMT
#6466
Hello! Completely new to Starcraft 2 here (just picked up the game a few days ago), looking to skip learning default hotkeys completely and just start with TheCore

Should i pick up RRM 2.0? Or it's still too wonky for a beginner that knows next to nothing in SC2 to use, and RRM 1.0 would be better for me?
witchblade
Profile Joined May 2013
9 Posts
May 04 2014 06:16 GMT
#6467
On May 04 2014 14:09 Akiyo wrote:
Hello! Completely new to Starcraft 2 here (just picked up the game a few days ago), looking to skip learning default hotkeys completely and just start with TheCore

Should i pick up RRM 2.0? Or it's still too wonky for a beginner that knows next to nothing in SC2 to use, and RRM 1.0 would be better for me?

in my short experience maybe start wiht the 1.0 trainer hotkey and then se whats up with the 2.0 version jakatack maybe need more tiem to get the files and etcetecetcetc(lots of work ), so in the meantime go for 1.0 unless you are a random player.
disclaimer: somep post before it was told that random version was not so different than terran and protoss version so maybe that could help you in your decision
FPyro
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany47 Posts
May 04 2014 06:35 GMT
#6468
Jakatak, please release the Core 2.0 Zerg! I'm a really impatient person and I can't wait to see the changes. It doesn't have to be perfect, just usable... all the minor bugs or whatever can be figured out later, can't they?
Thank youuuuuu <3
YoTcA
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany151 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-04 20:54:27
May 04 2014 12:41 GMT
#6469
Hi,

I think the hotkeys for the Creep Cams in RRM 2.0 are missing.
I am talking about those: [image loading]
Also Controle+SemiColon is used for jumping to camera 7 and not for spreading creep.
(At least in the german version, but after looking into the hotkey file on github, i think this also applies to the us version)

Other than that, I am pretty happy with TheCore 2.0. I am still getting used to it and find my self mixing up the hotkeys that are 'ordersensitiv' like [I]+[;] for forge and [;]+[I] for Gateway. But I think this will disappear with more practice. Also it is pretty hard to find all the gimicks that are hidden in the mutliple ways to assign screen locations and other stuff, but it is fun to explore .

Thanks for your hard work,
YoTcA

edit: link fixed
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 04 2014 15:31 GMT
#6470
Finished the prototype for Zerg 2.0 yesterday. I'll build the files as soon as I can, likely tomorrow.

New players: USE RRM 2.0 All 4 race selections will be using the same home key set up. Most changes will be in ability priority.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
R05
Profile Joined April 2014
Canada47 Posts
May 04 2014 16:16 GMT
#6471
Great to hear that Zerg layout is about be released.

I see that there is those tabs now into the Core master spreadsheet: "Z. Ability Map", "Z. Key-use Overview" and "Z. Consistency"

Is this the new 2.0 Zerg beta layout? Are you going to make the hotkey file from this layout?

Thanks.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 04 2014 16:31 GMT
#6472
yes, those documents should be correct (I do usually find errors as I build the file though).
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
FPyro
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany47 Posts
May 05 2014 11:55 GMT
#6473
Wait, REALLY? Then there'll be like so many changes! Like everything will change! Oh god, I can't imagine getting used to having attack on P! Really scary... I'll be playing in gold again after the update!
But apart from that, it looks pretty great! :D
R05
Profile Joined April 2014
Canada47 Posts
May 05 2014 19:45 GMT
#6474
I think its a very good thing that "attack" is on P, its a command that can be used MANY times in combat and its much more comfortable on a stronger finger like the index rather than the pinkie

the core 2.0 is looking good.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-05 20:44:39
May 05 2014 20:23 GMT
#6475
The arrangement of the building hotkeys in RRM seems a bit inefficient to me.

For example, why are Rax/Gateway on I? Shouldn't I be reserved for less often used buildings due to repetition? And why is Slash unused for Toss Basic Buildings?

There are others too, but they seem to be justified by consistency for Random, i.e. Fusion Core on 8 and Ghost Academy on Open Bracket

EDIT: Oh, I didn't notice build structure has an alternate. Sneaky
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 05 2014 21:06 GMT
#6476
So weird, I thought I'd be in a low league for a while adapting to 2.0, but I'm winning games in platinum with one base no gas (which i was just doing to practice hotkeys). I strongly suggest giving it a try, fun times

slash is unused for toss basic buildings because they have 7 and TZ have 8. mostly consistency reasons. That is the essence of Random, compromises must be made so all 3 races are equally optimized. In general slash for a building is a bit #dicey though because of potential finger repetition. baneling nest and sensory tower are more special cases than anything.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-05 21:26:51
May 05 2014 21:13 GMT
#6477
Makes sense. Using the thumb for abilities/buildings is always kind of weird.

Oh, and one more thing, why isn't Apostrophe listed on the key-score page for the master spreadsheet?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 05 2014 21:33 GMT
#6478
fixed it

thats a glitch, the spreadsheet shows ' as blank and '' as '

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140gNhKs_1VCG6JJ9ijvEblKI9UQcpUKDTPap5t_kBeU/edit?usp=sharing
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
FPyro
Profile Joined September 2013
Germany47 Posts
May 06 2014 08:34 GMT
#6479
Hi
Will the hotkey file be 100% based on the spreadsheet above? Then we could already transfer the keys manually into the files?
thanks ; )
Akiyo
Profile Joined May 2014
9 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-06 11:42:13
May 06 2014 10:56 GMT
#6480
Is it possible to change the Visualizer to use RRM 2.0? I am having difficulties learning RRM 2.0 while doing Staircase at the moment.

EDIT: Is there a suggested Camera location per camera key? Lets say Shift+O 0 9 L for base 1,2,3,4 since the Orbital Command recommended CG key is O... et cetera?

Currently I am training via Staircase Step 1 and have all Marines added to CG H for Ranged immediately - how should i split my army into multiple CG if i would like two - three separate teams to be at home and attacking? Map the attacking ones are the two Harrass CGs? (But then, from step 2 onwards I would probably add Reapers or Stalkers into these groups...)

I hope I am not overthinking this and these are actually just based on preference. But from one of the tutorials I was told to use hotkey early and be consistent about them to learn quickly.

Sorry if all this newbie question just seem a tad dumb or trivial. Thanks in advance!
Prev 1 322 323 324 325 326 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2238
RotterdaM 1047
SteadfastSC 231
IndyStarCraft 198
RuFF_SC2 147
ZombieGrub92
Nina 45
Nathanias 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2566
Shuttle 435
Mind 66
910 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 735
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu959
Other Games
summit1g6058
Grubby2692
Beastyqt584
shahzam532
ToD218
C9.Mang0176
UpATreeSC47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2882
League of Legends
• TFBlade623
Other Games
• imaqtpie872
• Shiphtur307
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.