• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:12
CEST 23:12
KST 06:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 32

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 432 Next
maLaK1
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany124 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 13:33:55
July 03 2012 13:32 GMT
#621
what is the reason for moving upgrade hatch > lair > hive away from I?
Phatency
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland38 Posts
July 03 2012 13:56 GMT
#622
On July 03 2012 22:32 maLaK1 wrote:
what is the reason for moving upgrade hatch > lair > hive away from I?

So you don't accidentally upgrade it if you are spam-producing units and have no larva. A lot of other keys were changed for the same reason.
Jabax
Profile Joined June 2012
Norway3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 17:08:24
July 03 2012 17:06 GMT
#623
Big Thanks to the core team for all the hard work that is being put in to the new layout. I just downloaded the Nordic prm 0.3 file and tested it with a norwegian keyboard. Most of the binds seem to work well, however there are a few things i am a bit confused about. I noticed that in the layout file i downoaded cancel is bound to f8, and if I am reading the data document correctly it is supposed to be bound to f7. Though i do think it makes more sense to have cancel on f8. I also noticed that the button between the norwegian "æ" button and the enter button doesn't seem to be bound to anything. I think that on nordic keyboards the row with the j, k and l buttons has one more button than us keyboards. you kan see it in this picture: http://www.irontech.no/interface/tastatur_interface/Irontech_Norsk_kbd.jpg. Maybe something should be bound to this button in the nordic versions of the layout.
wc4482
Profile Joined September 2010
United States45 Posts
July 03 2012 17:18 GMT
#624
On July 03 2012 20:43 Phatency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 08:29 JaKaTaK wrote:
Version 0.3 is now LIVE!!! All the files have been updated and graphics soon to be updated as well!

These are the general changes:

Hatch/Larva Conflicts Improved (hopefully less accidental queens and such)
Burrow and Unburrow are now on separate keys.
Generate and Stop Generating Creep are on separate keys. (Zerg Specific Only)
"Select all larva" is now back to R and I (non-Zerg Specific Only)
Patrol-Stim splits vs banelings has been improved (Terran Specific Only)
Load is now on a "throwaway" key, it is unnecessary.
High Templar, Ghosts, and Infestors have been optimized
Barracks, Factory, and Starport Abilities are now optimized


Here is (hopefully) the full list of key changes for 0.3:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArSoDiKab2yCdGpzdXFHS0lzYU1VY054cTdaX0Nyd1E

Do note that if any keys seem to be unbound in that generated document, it likely means they are the same as in the blizzard standard layout. (they aren't saved in hotkey files if that's the case)

Thanks for the changelog. I really think zrmm needs to be fixed. Specially the ability research on the hatchery. keys like v and 5 are set up for zrmm, which are hard to reach for right handed players. Notice differences between zrm and zrmm. I think zrm is fine but zrmm accidentally got some left handed keys thrown in. Take a look at the data document to see what I mean
SC2 name: ThelVlaster on NA server
Phatency
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland38 Posts
July 03 2012 17:47 GMT
#625
On July 04 2012 02:06 Jabax wrote:
Big Thanks to the core team for all the hard work that is being put in to the new layout. I just downloaded the Nordic prm 0.3 file and tested it with a norwegian keyboard. Most of the binds seem to work well, however there are a few things i am a bit confused about. I noticed that in the layout file i downoaded cancel is bound to f8, and if I am reading the data document correctly it is supposed to be bound to f7. Though i do think it makes more sense to have cancel on f8. I also noticed that the button between the norwegian "æ" button and the enter button doesn't seem to be bound to anything. I think that on nordic keyboards the row with the j, k and l buttons has one more button than us keyboards. you kan see it in this picture: http://www.irontech.no/interface/tastatur_interface/Irontech_Norsk_kbd.jpg. Maybe something should be bound to this button in the nordic versions of the layout.

Thanks for trying out the norwegian layout! Good to hear it works. Be especially sure that those norwegian buttons are correct (and not swapped or something). Yes, we have an extra button in that row. I could of course make my layout converter bind it to something, but I'm not sure what that something would be. We also have an extra button on the left side of the keyboard (<>|), and Latin American keyboards have a whole 2 extra buttons on the right side.

Personally I'm using the extra key for "Center on selection". Randomly selecting something to be bound to the extra keys is highly against the design philosophy of The Core though. Binds should always be backed up by data.

Regarding the F8/F7 issue, I'll let Jakatak answer that one.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 21:01:41
July 03 2012 19:04 GMT
#626
Cancel drag selection should be bound to the same thing as cancel is. F4 (lefty) or F8 (Righty). That entire section is a little fucked, I'll fix it up today.

I'll check for those accidental lefty keys, sorry about that. Sometimes it gets lysdexic when i am doing the layouts. I fix, I fix.

I'm just starting to learn about Microsoft IME. If you could give some suggestions that would help make this layout work better for IME users, it would be very helpful and appreciated.

As far as having extra bindings for those extra keys on different keyboards... I don't have the time to optimize with them, but feel free to use them for things that you want to use them for, just make sure its easier/faster to press that key than the one the command you are switching is currently on, or you'll actually be making things harder on yourself.

tiny little update: Fungal Growth and Infested Terran have been switched to make the unburrow+fungal combo faster and easier. EDIT: didn't work. Looking for more solutions.

I will fix these issues and re-upload the fixed files.

EDIT: Live fixes/question answering happening now!

http://www.twitch.tv/thejakatak

We want a count of the number of people actively testing the Beta for TheCore:

Poll: Are you testing TheCore?

Yes (and I favor pickles) (35)
 
76%

Yes (and I do not favor pickles) (11)
 
24%

46 total votes

Your vote: Are you testing TheCore?

(Vote): Yes (and I favor pickles)
(Vote): Yes (and I do not favor pickles)

Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Thehummel
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark122 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 08:49:24
July 04 2012 08:19 GMT
#627
Was the Nordic version deleted from the main Page? Can only see the German one
ellaguru
Profile Joined March 2012
United States35 Posts
July 04 2012 08:36 GMT
#628
(TRM) with building lift off/land on 'K' im inadvertently lifting production buildings or command centers almost every game. K is smack in the middle of every other important key. whenever you move off your home keys (to H or , U etc) and back to them there's a high chance to hit K on accident.
Phatency
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland38 Posts
July 04 2012 08:48 GMT
#629
On July 04 2012 17:19 Thehummel wrote:
Was the Nordic version deleted from the main Page? Can only see the German on

It wasn't. It's roughly in the middle of the OP, under the caption "For Non-USA Keyboard Users"

@JaKaTaK It might be confusing to have two separate spoiler-tags for non-US keyboards.
Tarqon
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands27 Posts
July 04 2012 14:50 GMT
#630
On July 03 2012 20:48 Phatency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 20:42 Tarqon wrote:
One thing I noticed in ZRM 0.3 is that transform to warpgate is unbound, that's quite an important hotkey for offracing.

It shouldn't be unbound. Are you sure you didn't unbind it while making the changes?
UpgradeToWarpGate/Gateway=I

Strange. It is in the file but ingame the hotkey display lists it under unbound.
Phatency
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland38 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 16:51:53
July 04 2012 15:01 GMT
#631
On July 04 2012 23:50 Tarqon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2012 20:48 Phatency wrote:
On July 03 2012 20:42 Tarqon wrote:
One thing I noticed in ZRM 0.3 is that transform to warpgate is unbound, that's quite an important hotkey for offracing.

It shouldn't be unbound. Are you sure you didn't unbind it while making the changes?
UpgradeToWarpGate/Gateway=I

Strange. It is in the file but ingame the hotkey display lists it under unbound.

Are you sure it wasn't actually the morph to gateway hotkey? I know that some hotkeys are currently unbound in the Nordic layouts. Those keys are at the other side of the keyboard in the US version (basically out of the way (not meant to be pressed)). I might bind them to Numpad9 or something in the different language versions so they don't show up as unbound. Actually I'll go ahead and do just that today.

Edit: Thanks a lot for that, while fixing unbound keys I realized the base camera key was missing in all Nordic lefty layouts! Sorry lefties (again).
Nordic lefties can either update or make the change themselves: Just bind base camera to the §-key.
Nordic righties can update if they suffer from OCD and can't stand unbound keys they are never going to use.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14548792/TheCore0.3Nordic.zip
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 04 2012 18:50 GMT
#632
@Phatency/Thehummel
There is now 1 section for non-US keyboards (it is directly below the spoiler flowchart to choose your layout)

@ellaguru
I'll look into some solutions. It may just be that you need to practice with the layout more. Anyone else having these issues 50+ games into the layout?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Phatency
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland38 Posts
July 04 2012 19:53 GMT
#633
There was a MAJOR bug in the Latin American layouts. Everything that should have been in your beloved {[^ key got moved to the upper left corner of the keyboard. The Core isn't really that awful, it was my fault entirely. Sorry about that! Please redownload the zip file which should contain fixes for every layout.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14548792/TheCore0.3Latin.zip
Pheint
Profile Joined March 2011
United States73 Posts
July 05 2012 05:55 GMT
#634
So I'm trying to do my own hotkey layout, and in the process I noticed something. It seems that "shift" is the default queueing hotkey. What I mean by this is that it's shift that enables things to be queued (movement, build commands), but there doesn't seem to be an option to change this. Am I wrong? Because I would LOVE to be able to change it to caps lock.
Phatency
Profile Joined May 2010
Finland38 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-05 08:50:23
July 05 2012 08:50 GMT
#635
On July 05 2012 14:55 Pheint wrote:
So I'm trying to do my own hotkey layout, and in the process I noticed something. It seems that "shift" is the default queueing hotkey. What I mean by this is that it's shift that enables things to be queued (movement, build commands), but there doesn't seem to be an option to change this. Am I wrong? Because I would LOVE to be able to change it to caps lock.

Afaik you can't change it with the hotkey editor. You could use a program such as Sharpkeys to completely remap shift to capslock (and vise versa, if you want to). However, this will affect all other programs too and isn't tournament safe.
Pheint
Profile Joined March 2011
United States73 Posts
July 05 2012 15:41 GMT
#636
On July 05 2012 17:50 Phatency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2012 14:55 Pheint wrote:
So I'm trying to do my own hotkey layout, and in the process I noticed something. It seems that "shift" is the default queueing hotkey. What I mean by this is that it's shift that enables things to be queued (movement, build commands), but there doesn't seem to be an option to change this. Am I wrong? Because I would LOVE to be able to change it to caps lock.

Afaik you can't change it with the hotkey editor. You could use a program such as Sharpkeys to completely remap shift to capslock (and vise versa, if you want to). However, this will affect all other programs too and isn't tournament safe.


Yeah I was debating doing this, but the only reason I didn't was I wasn't sure if it would be fine for me to do this in MLG Raleigh. Do they have rules against sharpkeys and such?
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
July 05 2012 16:44 GMT
#637
On July 06 2012 00:41 Pheint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2012 17:50 Phatency wrote:
On July 05 2012 14:55 Pheint wrote:
So I'm trying to do my own hotkey layout, and in the process I noticed something. It seems that "shift" is the default queueing hotkey. What I mean by this is that it's shift that enables things to be queued (movement, build commands), but there doesn't seem to be an option to change this. Am I wrong? Because I would LOVE to be able to change it to caps lock.

Afaik you can't change it with the hotkey editor. You could use a program such as Sharpkeys to completely remap shift to capslock (and vise versa, if you want to). However, this will affect all other programs too and isn't tournament safe.


Yeah I was debating doing this, but the only reason I didn't was I wasn't sure if it would be fine for me to do this in MLG Raleigh. Do they have rules against sharpkeys and such?


of course they do, its not allowed
FlashDave.999 aka Star
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 05 2012 17:57 GMT
#638
afaik you cannot use any 3rd party programs. Sharpkeys would be an example of a 3rd party program. Maybe if you had a keyboard that was wired so the shift key was where the capslock key was? Do they allow people to play with non-conventional keyboards/gamepads??
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
July 05 2012 18:08 GMT
#639
On July 05 2012 14:55 Pheint wrote:
So I'm trying to do my own hotkey layout, and in the process I noticed something. It seems that "shift" is the default queueing hotkey. What I mean by this is that it's shift that enables things to be queued (movement, build commands), but there doesn't seem to be an option to change this. Am I wrong? Because I would LOVE to be able to change it to caps lock.


The queueing of actions can't be changed from Shift, just as the 'double-click' is inherent to Control. You can use drivers or third party software to make Caps Lock appear as Shift inside the game, but there is no way to assign the queue behavior to Caps Lock, while still having the game recognize Caps Lock as Caps Lock. The game would think you're hitting Shift. I hope that clarifies.
Pheint
Profile Joined March 2011
United States73 Posts
July 05 2012 19:45 GMT
#640
Thanks for the clarification. That's unfortunate. It would have made my layout much better =(.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.