• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9305 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 264

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 432 Next
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 12:37:04
August 04 2013 12:25 GMT
#5261
On August 04 2013 20:41 MoonFan wrote:
@Slash: you mean this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtFSjIb2ibJTdDJUT19PTmR1TVhhTklQWm5aVFl3YUE#gid=37 ?


I honestly do not have the slightest idea what that rapidfire spreadsheet is explaining.

MoonFan
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam55 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 14:07:03
August 04 2013 14:02 GMT
#5262
@slash:just a wild guess:
-The top row is the key (JaK is left-handed, so he uses R Z F H A 5 V T C B as hotkeys for skills).
-Base on his sheet: I think he uses F (K key for right-handed) as "Chose Ability or A.I Target"-key
-And abilities in Organge color (Snipe,Zealot,Creep,Feedback,IT,...) all use F ( K ) as hotkey, so holding K will trigger rapidfire (fast casting)
Just my wild guess though, seeing Zealot buying hotkey is not F (K)

I think it's his note for that feature, not really finished yet:

Z cannot use spells
in conjunction with Shift <<<< his thumb used to press Z, so cant press shift while pressing Z

A can only be used by units
given a
middle finger control group <<<< same, index finger cant be recalling unitgroup and holding A at same time
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 23:58:25
August 04 2013 14:38 GMT
#5263
@Slashie, this has already been incorporated to 0.8. But we need the rest of the defaults to make the files.

EDIT:

Here's the list of hotkey commands remaining. We need to figure out what each of these is in the default layout before we can release 0.8 (which is mostly done).

EDIT: updated list. Found a bunch of defaults. Apparently some of these are in the Starcraft: Subjection Arcade Game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Line 269: EvolveOrganicCarapace/RoachWarren=O|
Line 374: IncineratorNozzles/DevilDog=P|
Line 375: IncineratorNozzles/Firebat=P|
Line 385: JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder=P|
Line 415: MengskUnits/Barracks=SemiColon|
Line 534: RapidIncubation/SwarmHost=P|
Line 554: ReaperSpeed/MercCompound=P|
Line 584: ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|
Line 585: ResearchIncineratorNozzles/BarracksTechLab=T|
Line 594: ResearchMultiLockTargetingSystem/FactoryTechLab=V|V|V|F|
Line 612: ResearchShieldWall/BarracksTechLab=G|
Line 624: ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|
Line 655: ShapedBlast/SiegeBreakerSieged=P|
Line 656: ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged=P|
Line 798: TorrasqueChrysalis/HotSTorrasque=P|
Line 825: VoidSiphon/Oracle=I|
Line 840: WidowMineAttack/WidowMine=C|C|C|V|


EDIT 2: these last are difficult as hell. I emailed Sixtus, hopefully he can crack em
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
kingneckbeard
Profile Joined January 2012
United States24 Posts
August 05 2013 14:01 GMT
#5264

EDIT: updated list. Found a bunch of defaults. Apparently some of these are in the Starcraft: Subjection Arcade Game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Line 269: EvolveOrganicCarapace/RoachWarren=O|
Line 374: IncineratorNozzles/DevilDog=P|
Line 375: IncineratorNozzles/Firebat=P|
Line 385: JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder=P|
Line 415: MengskUnits/Barracks=SemiColon|
Line 534: RapidIncubation/SwarmHost=P|
Line 554: ReaperSpeed/MercCompound=P|
Line 584: ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|
Line 585: ResearchIncineratorNozzles/BarracksTechLab=T|
Line 594: ResearchMultiLockTargetingSystem/FactoryTechLab=V|V|V|F|
Line 612: ResearchShieldWall/BarracksTechLab=G|
Line 624: ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|
Line 655: ShapedBlast/SiegeBreakerSieged=P|
Line 656: ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged=P|
Line 798: TorrasqueChrysalis/HotSTorrasque=P|
Line 825: VoidSiphon/Oracle=I|
Line 840: WidowMineAttack/WidowMine=C|C|C|V|


EDIT 2: these last are difficult as hell. I emailed Sixtus, hopefully he can crack em


A few of these are just from WOL. May be others, but I know that

ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|F
ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|K

I'm afraid that you may have to load up a specific part of the campaign for many of the other ones and choose the right evolution strain / buy the right upgrade in the Hyperion armory (wol campaign). Read the description for the required mission and what you need to evolve/buy. I haven't done the campaigns so I cannot help on this very easily.

JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder
ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_Breakers
RapidIncubation/SwarmHost - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Swarm_Host_(Heart_of_the_Swarm_Campaign)

I think some are even from the Beta

EvolveOrganicCarapace - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Roach/Development
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
August 05 2013 18:53 GMT
#5265
On August 05 2013 23:01 kingneckbeard wrote:
Show nested quote +

EDIT: updated list. Found a bunch of defaults. Apparently some of these are in the Starcraft: Subjection Arcade Game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Line 269: EvolveOrganicCarapace/RoachWarren=O|
Line 374: IncineratorNozzles/DevilDog=P|
Line 375: IncineratorNozzles/Firebat=P|
Line 385: JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder=P|
Line 415: MengskUnits/Barracks=SemiColon|
Line 534: RapidIncubation/SwarmHost=P|
Line 554: ReaperSpeed/MercCompound=P|
Line 584: ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|
Line 585: ResearchIncineratorNozzles/BarracksTechLab=T|
Line 594: ResearchMultiLockTargetingSystem/FactoryTechLab=V|V|V|F|
Line 612: ResearchShieldWall/BarracksTechLab=G|
Line 624: ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|
Line 655: ShapedBlast/SiegeBreakerSieged=P|
Line 656: ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged=P|
Line 798: TorrasqueChrysalis/HotSTorrasque=P|
Line 825: VoidSiphon/Oracle=I|
Line 840: WidowMineAttack/WidowMine=C|C|C|V|


EDIT 2: these last are difficult as hell. I emailed Sixtus, hopefully he can crack em


A few of these are just from WOL. May be others, but I know that

ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|F
ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|K

I'm afraid that you may have to load up a specific part of the campaign for many of the other ones and choose the right evolution strain / buy the right upgrade in the Hyperion armory (wol campaign). Read the description for the required mission and what you need to evolve/buy. I haven't done the campaigns so I cannot help on this very easily.

JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder
ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_Breakers
RapidIncubation/SwarmHost - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Swarm_Host_(Heart_of_the_Swarm_Campaign)

I think some are even from the Beta

EvolveOrganicCarapace - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Roach/Development

Jak -- I wouldn't let these really obscure ones slow down development. Worst case scenario is they get messed up in TheCore hotkey files, but given that they are either WoL-only or from obscure custom game types, I don't think it's a big deal.
kingneckbeard
Profile Joined January 2012
United States24 Posts
August 05 2013 19:50 GMT
#5266
On August 06 2013 03:53 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2013 23:01 kingneckbeard wrote:

EDIT: updated list. Found a bunch of defaults. Apparently some of these are in the Starcraft: Subjection Arcade Game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Line 269: EvolveOrganicCarapace/RoachWarren=O|
Line 374: IncineratorNozzles/DevilDog=P|
Line 375: IncineratorNozzles/Firebat=P|
Line 385: JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder=P|
Line 415: MengskUnits/Barracks=SemiColon|
Line 534: RapidIncubation/SwarmHost=P|
Line 554: ReaperSpeed/MercCompound=P|
Line 584: ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|
Line 585: ResearchIncineratorNozzles/BarracksTechLab=T|
Line 594: ResearchMultiLockTargetingSystem/FactoryTechLab=V|V|V|F|
Line 612: ResearchShieldWall/BarracksTechLab=G|
Line 624: ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|
Line 655: ShapedBlast/SiegeBreakerSieged=P|
Line 656: ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged=P|
Line 798: TorrasqueChrysalis/HotSTorrasque=P|
Line 825: VoidSiphon/Oracle=I|
Line 840: WidowMineAttack/WidowMine=C|C|C|V|


EDIT 2: these last are difficult as hell. I emailed Sixtus, hopefully he can crack em


A few of these are just from WOL. May be others, but I know that

ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|F
ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|K

I'm afraid that you may have to load up a specific part of the campaign for many of the other ones and choose the right evolution strain / buy the right upgrade in the Hyperion armory (wol campaign). Read the description for the required mission and what you need to evolve/buy. I haven't done the campaigns so I cannot help on this very easily.

JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder
ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_Breakers
RapidIncubation/SwarmHost - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Swarm_Host_(Heart_of_the_Swarm_Campaign)

I think some are even from the Beta

EvolveOrganicCarapace - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Roach/Development

Jak -- I wouldn't let these really obscure ones slow down development. Worst case scenario is they get messed up in TheCore hotkey files, but given that they are either WoL-only or from obscure custom game types, I don't think it's a big deal.


I think there's several (like those middle three) that are a part of the normal campaigns. It may just be that they don't show up in the hotkey list until you get to that mission (as the wiki pages for the middle three indicate).

That said, as long as it's in beta, it might be alright to just wait for any error reports to come in. Not exactly sure how the script works though, so that may not be plausible.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 05 2013 19:59 GMT
#5267
On August 06 2013 03:53 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2013 23:01 kingneckbeard wrote:

EDIT: updated list. Found a bunch of defaults. Apparently some of these are in the Starcraft: Subjection Arcade Game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Line 269: EvolveOrganicCarapace/RoachWarren=O|
Line 374: IncineratorNozzles/DevilDog=P|
Line 375: IncineratorNozzles/Firebat=P|
Line 385: JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder=P|
Line 415: MengskUnits/Barracks=SemiColon|
Line 534: RapidIncubation/SwarmHost=P|
Line 554: ReaperSpeed/MercCompound=P|
Line 584: ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|
Line 585: ResearchIncineratorNozzles/BarracksTechLab=T|
Line 594: ResearchMultiLockTargetingSystem/FactoryTechLab=V|V|V|F|
Line 612: ResearchShieldWall/BarracksTechLab=G|
Line 624: ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|
Line 655: ShapedBlast/SiegeBreakerSieged=P|
Line 656: ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged=P|
Line 798: TorrasqueChrysalis/HotSTorrasque=P|
Line 825: VoidSiphon/Oracle=I|
Line 840: WidowMineAttack/WidowMine=C|C|C|V|


EDIT 2: these last are difficult as hell. I emailed Sixtus, hopefully he can crack em


A few of these are just from WOL. May be others, but I know that

ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|F
ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|K

I'm afraid that you may have to load up a specific part of the campaign for many of the other ones and choose the right evolution strain / buy the right upgrade in the Hyperion armory (wol campaign). Read the description for the required mission and what you need to evolve/buy. I haven't done the campaigns so I cannot help on this very easily.

JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder
ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_Breakers
RapidIncubation/SwarmHost - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Swarm_Host_(Heart_of_the_Swarm_Campaign)

I think some are even from the Beta

EvolveOrganicCarapace - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Roach/Development

Jak -- I wouldn't let these really obscure ones slow down development. Worst case scenario is they get messed up in TheCore hotkey files, but given that they are either WoL-only or from obscure custom game types, I don't think it's a big deal.


It won't let me run the program to map directly from the files without having all the defaults
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
August 05 2013 20:43 GMT
#5268
On August 06 2013 04:50 kingneckbeard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 03:53 JDub wrote:
On August 05 2013 23:01 kingneckbeard wrote:

EDIT: updated list. Found a bunch of defaults. Apparently some of these are in the Starcraft: Subjection Arcade Game.
+ Show Spoiler +
Line 269: EvolveOrganicCarapace/RoachWarren=O|
Line 374: IncineratorNozzles/DevilDog=P|
Line 375: IncineratorNozzles/Firebat=P|
Line 385: JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder=P|
Line 415: MengskUnits/Barracks=SemiColon|
Line 534: RapidIncubation/SwarmHost=P|
Line 554: ReaperSpeed/MercCompound=P|
Line 584: ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|
Line 585: ResearchIncineratorNozzles/BarracksTechLab=T|
Line 594: ResearchMultiLockTargetingSystem/FactoryTechLab=V|V|V|F|
Line 612: ResearchShieldWall/BarracksTechLab=G|
Line 624: ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|
Line 655: ShapedBlast/SiegeBreakerSieged=P|
Line 656: ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged=P|
Line 798: TorrasqueChrysalis/HotSTorrasque=P|
Line 825: VoidSiphon/Oracle=I|
Line 840: WidowMineAttack/WidowMine=C|C|C|V|


EDIT 2: these last are difficult as hell. I emailed Sixtus, hopefully he can crack em


A few of these are just from WOL. May be others, but I know that

ResearchVoidRaySpeedUpgrade/FleetBeacon=O|F
ResearchHighTemplarEnergyUpgrade/TemplarArchive=O|K

I'm afraid that you may have to load up a specific part of the campaign for many of the other ones and choose the right evolution strain / buy the right upgrade in the Hyperion armory (wol campaign). Read the description for the required mission and what you need to evolve/buy. I haven't done the campaigns so I cannot help on this very easily.

JackhammerConcussionGrenade/Marauder - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Marauder
ShapedBlast/SiegeTankSieged - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_Breakers
RapidIncubation/SwarmHost - http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Swarm_Host_(Heart_of_the_Swarm_Campaign)

I think some are even from the Beta

EvolveOrganicCarapace - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Roach/Development

Jak -- I wouldn't let these really obscure ones slow down development. Worst case scenario is they get messed up in TheCore hotkey files, but given that they are either WoL-only or from obscure custom game types, I don't think it's a big deal.


I think there's several (like those middle three) that are a part of the normal campaigns. It may just be that they don't show up in the hotkey list until you get to that mission (as the wiki pages for the middle three indicate).

That said, as long as it's in beta, it might be alright to just wait for any error reports to come in. Not exactly sure how the script works though, so that may not be plausible.

Basically the way the script works for importing changes that have been made through the in-game UI, is that it looks at the modified file, and treats any missing line as an indication that the hotkey should take its default standard layout key for that race. If the default key isn't available in TheCoreSeed.ini, then it just leaves that hotkey as it is. Essentially, there's a small probability that those keys might get messed up if some conflicts arise with new changes, but even then, it's not a big deal imo.

Also, @everyone: Jak and I figured out what was going wrong with the script.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 05 2013 21:17 GMT
#5269
Woooo!!! TheCore 0.8 incoming :D

Will have written patch notes, video explaination, changelog and files up ASAP. probably today/tomorrow.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
MoonFan
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam55 Posts
August 06 2013 05:19 GMT
#5270
On August 06 2013 06:17 JaKaTaK wrote:
Woooo!!! TheCore 0.8 incoming :D

Will have written patch notes, video explaination, changelog and files up ASAP. probably today/tomorrow.

Woooooooooooooooooooo!!! :D
Looking forward to it
nice timing to do a race change for me hehe
Vernay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom76 Posts
August 06 2013 14:31 GMT
#5271
On August 06 2013 06:17 JaKaTaK wrote:
Woooo!!! TheCore 0.8 incoming :D

Will have written patch notes, video explaination, changelog and files up ASAP. probably today/tomorrow.


Hey Jak, i contributed some play testing back in 2012, considering getting back into SC, very glad to see TheCore still running. gratz on your good work!
"Skill makes a good player, Attitude makes a great one."
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-06 15:12:43
August 06 2013 15:00 GMT
#5272
Thanks Vernay The Core 0.8 would be a great time to get back into SC

EDIT:

I made a small discovery for suggested CGs for terran.

We have a separate CG for stutter step micro that contains only marines and marauders.
This is so that the medivacs can heal the MM during the stutter step process.
This gives us reliable access to stim.
Stim will often be accessed directly before stutter step micro.

Because of these things, it is not necessary for MM to be the primary spellcaster for the main army.
This allows us to put a spellcaster in the main army.


Candidates:
Ghost
Raven

Siege units will not work for this position, as shift microing will be interrupted by movements of the main army.
Other units are harass and won't work well in the main army.

The question becomes:
Does the Raven or the Ghost work better as a part of the main army?
Whichever we choose will lose independent movement via CGs.
Does the Raven or the Ghost work better with movement via CG?
Which one works better with movement via manual control?

Okay Terran players, have at it :D
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
sil0r
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany43 Posts
August 06 2013 15:35 GMT
#5273
In TvP it's very important to have your ghosts split up from your main army to win the templar vs. ghost war.
In TvZ it is nice to have your marines on a separate hotkey. E.g.: The Z engages with his banelings and you want your Marauders to tank as many banelinghits as possible, so you just stim your marines and pull back and split.

If you play with Raven you want to protect your main army with it with detection and PDD in some cases.
I think the Raven, when it is used, could go with the army.
The early third hatches the drone
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:01:40
August 06 2013 17:54 GMT
#5274
Im so glad youre changing the caster CG, i never liked L, i gave it a try but it was always too slow/too awkward.

Ghosts! Ghosts! Ghosts! They are super important in TvP, a quick reaction usually wins or loses you the game right there..
The Raven is usually a Mech/Skyterran caster and the pace of those games is way slower, which allows you to be more relaxed on what you cast and how fast it has to be.

Also a smart way to manage your ravens is to make them follow a high hp unit to not lose them on the front, i usually find myself manuall selecting my ravens and casting pretty ok .[i][b]
So I say Ghosts should get their o

So I say Ghosts should get their own CG!
MoonFan
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam55 Posts
August 07 2013 13:55 GMT
#5275
I think Raven, having ghost moving with the army sounds not really good, they might get storm and such, like sill0r said.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 07 2013 14:33 GMT
#5276
I think Raven too. I see ghosts out in front sniping HTs quite a bit. I think it would be good to have them on their own CG for those types of things.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Borskey
Profile Joined February 2012
160 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 16:04:02
August 07 2013 16:01 GMT
#5277
Been a long time since I was last here, so I'm not up to speed on recent changes.

I think ravens and ghosts are units that probably both deserve to have separate movement from the main army.

Your ravens will just run in and suicide if you attack move your whole army behind the enemy- as ravens' don't have an attack, so they never stop moving forward. It's like with overlords/overseers.

Ghosts you want to be able to maneuver separately in order to get EMPs off.

If you HAVE to put one with the main army- I'd say put Ravens with the army in TvP (as that's probably the matchup where you most want to have separate control over ghosts), and put ghosts with the army in TvT and TvZ.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 16:02:28
August 07 2013 16:02 GMT
#5278
On August 07 2013 23:33 JaKaTaK wrote:
I think Raven too. I see ghosts out in front sniping HTs quite a bit. I think it would be good to have them on their own CG for those types of things.

Yeah! Ghosts are the core of TvP!

When are you releasing it? I'm so eager to test it out
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 07 2013 17:06 GMT
#5279
hopefully today
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 20:59:54
August 07 2013 18:58 GMT
#5280
@The /|Z key
  • Why isn't it used on Zerg layout's build map? There's no shift-queuing back, and it's easy to avoid structures like Evolution Chamber, that are useful even when multiple are being built at once.

  • Why can't the key be held down? I'm holding mine down just fine. I suppose my keyboard is less resistant?

  • The key can't be used as a CG for any units, as it's not possible to double-tap to recall at an optimal speed, but it can still be used for cameras and structures. The reason why I bring this up is because it's non-existent on the build maps (no building uses this key), it's used on about half of the time on the rest of the maps at places where the key by keyscore should fit. Because of this, its use is greatly diminished, so it might be worthwhile to look at alternatives.

    /|Z's uses as a CG
    + Show Spoiler +
    Terran
      Early game: Supply depot wall, 2. CC
      Mid game: 2. CC, Starport, Upgrade structures
      Late game: Starports, Upgrade structures

    Protoss
      Early game: 2. Nexus
      Mid game: 2. Nexus, Stargate, Robo, Upgrade structures
      Late game: Starports, Robo, Upgrade structures

    Zerg
      Injecting Queens and/or Upgrade structures (Injecting Queens being only on non-Zerg layouts)
      1 injected Hatchery to check injecting progress for all Hatcheries and alike


    /|Z's uses as a Camera
    + Show Spoiler +
    Terran
      Production cam (a view of most unit producing structures to check progress once multiple buildings have been bound to the production CG).

    Protoss
      Warp in cam / Proxy Pylon

    Zerg
      Creep Spread, Rally, Important Overlords
Thoughts? Also, there are likely uses I have missed, feel free to point them out
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 549
ProTech169
RuFF_SC2 114
Nina 99
Liquid`TLO 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17944
firebathero 90
PianO 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever272
canceldota49
League of Legends
Doublelift3345
Counter-Strike
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu912
Other Games
summit1g5339
FrodaN1260
shahzam507
mouzStarbuck273
ToD267
B2W.Neo259
C9.Mang0228
RotterdaM96
Mew2King51
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile147
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1204
• Shiphtur627
Upcoming Events
OSC
49m
Replay Cast
1h 34m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.