• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:04
CEST 02:04
KST 09:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7855 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 265

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 263 264 265 266 267 432 Next
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
August 07 2013 21:26 GMT
#5281
Re: Ghost vs. Raven CG

First, I'll answer the question. Yes, if I was forced to pick, I'd pick ghost. However, I do want to control ravens separately. For example, I often want to queue a move backwards after casting a spell so that my expensive raven(s) don't get sniped by holding still at the front.

Now, sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I disagree with the suggested CGs being tied to unit type regardless of matchup or strategy. Ultimately, this leads to one or two very good CGs going unused during a game because that unit won't be useful.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 21:58:54
August 07 2013 21:50 GMT
#5282
@Smack
I think that it's perfectly reasonable to have different control group setups for different strategies and situations. Just as I think that each person will probably make their own modifications to TheCore to make it fit them perfectly. The Suggested CGs are aimed at giving a person the best overall setup that will work well in all or almost all situations. I don't think its worth spending time going over every strat/unit comp and suggesting a CG setup for it.

Ghost vs Raven
I think that both must be controlled individually. The question is which one is better controlled indiviudally by a control group and which one is better controlled by ctrl clicking or individually clicking on the unit to select it manually overall.

EDIT
The / (Z) key
This key cannot be used as a CG or as a camera because you have to use modifiers to set it. It could be used as an alternate recall, or if it is set with a different key combination it could be used to recall CG/cam but it can't be an all-in one button. I think it is a good decision to not used this key for anything that is used in repetition or with modifiers. I am less sure if we should exclude it from commands that operate with the key held down (like making zerglings). What do you all think?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
August 07 2013 23:56 GMT
#5283
TheCore 0.8 is available on GitHub*
*there are a couple of issues:

MothershipCore - conflict of abilities
Raven - conflict of abilities
Starport Techlab

WoL Factory Techlab
Left 2 Die Factory Techlab


JDub is going to have to take a look at the IngameGUI script and see what's causing the errors. Everything in my knowledge is set up correctly to make this work.

I wanted to let you all have the files as soon as possible (because that's what I would want). We'll be following this up with a fix on the above mention issues as well as a video explaining the different uses of rapidfire in TheCore and why we chose them.

Please report any issues/bugs with these files, when we're bug free i'll copy the files over to the SkyDrive.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Borskey
Profile Joined February 2012
160 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 06:20:39
August 08 2013 06:19 GMT
#5284
On August 08 2013 06:50 JaKaTaK wrote:
Ghost vs Raven
I think that both must be controlled individually. The question is which one is better controlled indiviudally by a control group and which one is better controlled by ctrl clicking or individually clicking on the unit to select it manually overall.


Then I say ravens should be ctrl-clicked while ghosts get their own group.
Becuula
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany65 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 07:05:12
August 08 2013 07:04 GMT
#5285
I've just took a quick look at the new German PRM Layout. The keys for Hold Position (K -> 8) and Stop (8 -> M) have changed in the file. Is this just a mistake, because I also can't find this in the archive document? I really got used the K-Key for Hold Position and don't want to give it up.
It is difficulties which give birth to miracles.
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 10:29:35
August 08 2013 07:26 GMT
#5286
@The / (Z) key
On August 08 2013 06:50 JaKaTaK wrote:
This key cannot be used as a CG or as a camera because you have to use modifiers to set it. It could be used as an alternate recall, or if it is set with a different key combination it could be used to recall CG/cam but it can't be an all-in one button. I think it is a good decision to not used this key for anything that is used in repetition or with modifiers. I am less sure if we should exclude it from commands that operate with the key held down (like making zerglings). What do you all think?
Finding a separate key to create and add to the CG/Camera is not really an issue. For non-Zerg layouts K|F can be used for both CGs, Free Cams, and centered cams, and it has the same combined keyscore as /|Z. Zerg layouts can use K|F for everything but centered cameras. In that case the recall button can just be changed to /|Z on whatever camera is changed (assuming we don't mess with free cams and creep spread).

@0.8 non-Zerg cameras
I really think Cam 6 (last centered camera) should be 9|4 instead of 0|3. 9|4's combined keyscore is 3, 0|3's score is 4.

Edit
@Bunker Unload -> Salvage finger repetition

On August 01 2013 02:10 JaKaTaK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 01:39 Beedebdoo wrote:
For me, it's not uncommon to Unload a Bunker, followed by a Salvage. They're both pressed by the same finger, which is not ideal. H is free. Thoughts?
Nice catch on the bunker combo, we can absolutely streamline that for 0.8 :D
Salvage is still K|F. Now in 0.8 it can be swapped with Stim, unless the holding down /|Z is too problematic (1 Salvage while selecting multiple Bunker = 1 of them is salvaged). If it is, then H is still the best choice, assuming the finger repetition occur often enough for K to be worse than H.

Edit2
@0.8 High Templar Feedback bug?

On my Nordic 0.8 TRM, Feedback is bound to H instead of the rapid fire key K. I don't think that is intentional.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 11:27:41
August 08 2013 08:41 GMT
#5287
On August 08 2013 08:56 JaKaTaK wrote:
MothershipCore - conflict of abilities

Yeah... both Overcharge and Time Warp are on H.

Wait a sec, Ctrl+Alt+_ for camera keys? How am I even supposed to use Ctrl+Alt o_o
Shiadra
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany10 Posts
August 08 2013 10:19 GMT
#5288
Did u maybe download the german layout version? as on german keyboard the right Alt key is Alt Gr which is Alt+Ctrl. If not maybe the script messed up the layouts? As im quite sure alt+ctrl is not supposed to exist on the US layout.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 11:47:56
August 08 2013 11:23 GMT
#5289
Yay! Nice to see less abilities being activated with the thumb and the medis and ghosts going back to a hybrid with older versions of the Core.

Here is a HUGE NO NO: Stim is assigned to the same key as lift buildings. I assume i dont even need to explain why this is a terrible idea. Do you even lift brah ?

Is the K key actually faster to press than I ? I feel like Mediboost should have priority over unload. Meaning I should be boost while k is unload (I think version 6.3 had this and so far it has been my favourite way).

Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
August 08 2013 11:24 GMT
#5290
I have no idea how I would accidentally download the German version. But I did download UK Qwerty, which isn't supposed to have any substantial differences on Medium anyways. So it seems like I've stumbled across a problem.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 11:37:02
August 08 2013 11:34 GMT
#5291
On August 08 2013 20:23 Slashiepie wrote:
Is the K key actually faster to press than I ? I feel like Mediboost should have priority over unload. Meaning I should be boost while k is unload (I think version 6.3 had this and so far it has been my favourite way).

Changing Unload for Medivac affects Unload for Bunker simultaneously. If Unload were to be set to K, then Salvage would be set to I. Or alternatively Stim could be set to I and Salvage to Slash. Not quite sure how I feel about that one.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 11:54:37
August 08 2013 11:49 GMT
#5292
On August 08 2013 20:34 Antylamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 20:23 Slashiepie wrote:
Is the K key actually faster to press than I ? I feel like Mediboost should have priority over unload. Meaning I should be boost while k is unload (I think version 6.3 had this and so far it has been my favourite way).

Changing Unload for Medivac affects Unload for Bunker simultaneously. If Unload were to be set to K, then Salvage would be set to I. Or alternatively Stim could be set to I and Salvage to Slash. Not quite sure how I feel about that one.


What i just did is change Stim back to I and - to salvage
K stays as unload for Medi and Bunker, Medis keep their boost on I.
I think i never liked Stim on - either, after months of using both variants I just feels so much better.

Are my fingers the only ones that think (boost unload) with I+K is a little bit faster than K+I.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
August 08 2013 12:06 GMT
#5293
On August 08 2013 20:49 Slashiepie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 20:34 Antylamon wrote:
On August 08 2013 20:23 Slashiepie wrote:
Is the K key actually faster to press than I ? I feel like Mediboost should have priority over unload. Meaning I should be boost while k is unload (I think version 6.3 had this and so far it has been my favourite way).

Changing Unload for Medivac affects Unload for Bunker simultaneously. If Unload were to be set to K, then Salvage would be set to I. Or alternatively Stim could be set to I and Salvage to Slash. Not quite sure how I feel about that one.


What i just did is change Stim back to I and - to salvage
K stays as unload for Medi and Bunker, Medis keep their boost on I.
I think i never liked Stim on - either, after months of using both variants I just feels so much better.

Are my fingers the only ones that think (boost unload) with I+K is a little bit faster than K+I.

Why was Stim on Dash for you? Isn't it supposed to be Slash?
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
August 08 2013 12:32 GMT
#5294
On August 08 2013 21:06 Antylamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 20:49 Slashiepie wrote:
On August 08 2013 20:34 Antylamon wrote:
On August 08 2013 20:23 Slashiepie wrote:
Is the K key actually faster to press than I ? I feel like Mediboost should have priority over unload. Meaning I should be boost while k is unload (I think version 6.3 had this and so far it has been my favourite way).

Changing Unload for Medivac affects Unload for Bunker simultaneously. If Unload were to be set to K, then Salvage would be set to I. Or alternatively Stim could be set to I and Salvage to Slash. Not quite sure how I feel about that one.


What i just did is change Stim back to I and - to salvage
K stays as unload for Medi and Bunker, Medis keep their boost on I.
I think i never liked Stim on - either, after months of using both variants I just feels so much better.

Are my fingers the only ones that think (boost unload) with I+K is a little bit faster than K+I.

Why was Stim on Dash for you? Isn't it supposed to be Slash?


Oh forgot to mention i have the german Layout
So replace my - with /


JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
August 08 2013 13:11 GMT
#5295
On August 08 2013 20:24 Antylamon wrote:
I have no idea how I would accidentally download the German version. But I did download UK Qwerty, which isn't supposed to have any substantial differences on Medium anyways. So it seems like I've stumbled across a problem.

UK Qwerty keyboards have an Alt-Gr key on the right side, which registers as Control+Alt in SC2.
MoonFan
Profile Joined July 2013
Vietnam55 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 13:16:17
August 08 2013 13:15 GMT
#5296
glad to hear 0.8 is near
waiting for changelog/refsheet and video

Edit
Wait a sec, Ctrl+Alt+_ for camera keys? How am I even supposed to use Ctrl+Alt o_o

Yah, and this? O_O
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
August 08 2013 14:01 GMT
#5297
On August 08 2013 22:15 MoonFan wrote:
glad to hear 0.8 is near
waiting for changelog/refsheet and video

Edit
Show nested quote +
Wait a sec, Ctrl+Alt+_ for camera keys? How am I even supposed to use Ctrl+Alt o_o

Yah, and this? O_O

Okay, we need an FAQ for this. For right-handed layouts on many non-USQwerty keyboards, instead of having a right alt key, there is an Alt-Gr key. Alt-Gr registers as Control+Alt in SC2.
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
August 08 2013 14:25 GMT
#5298
@Lift and Stim on /
On August 08 2013 20:23 Slashiepie wrote:
Here is a HUGE NO NO: Stim is assigned to the same key as lift buildings. I assume i dont even need to explain why this is a terrible idea. Do you even lift brah ?
Could you explain it anyway? I don't understand why that would be a problem.
Becuula
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany65 Posts
August 08 2013 14:38 GMT
#5299
Ok. I took a deeper look at the 0.8. file. A lot more keys have changed, not only STOP and HOLD. Camera location now 0 and ß instead 0 and 9. And many key abilities, Zealot K, Stalker J, Chronoboost H .... First I thought maybe K should be rapidfire now. But there is no entry at Choose Ability target. And also Templar Feedback is not on K now, that's what I would have expected for rapidfire.
I better wait for the explanation videos At the moment I stay with the 7.0.2 layout. It would be really nice, if the Key Conflict Messages can be solved for 7.0.2.
It is difficulties which give birth to miracles.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-08 15:25:29
August 08 2013 15:18 GMT
#5300
On August 08 2013 23:25 Beedebdoo wrote:
@Lift and Stim on /
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 20:23 Slashiepie wrote:
Here is a HUGE NO NO: Stim is assigned to the same key as lift buildings. I assume i dont even need to explain why this is a terrible idea. Do you even lift brah ?
Could you explain it anyway? I don't understand why that would be a problem.


During intensive fights you are usually stimming your army or chunks of it, and trying to produce as quickly as you can, one missed stroke and voila all your raxes are happily flying :/.

We know this should not happen, but why leave the probability there? We can take away one possible mistake without giving away anything. e.g: Lift on ",".

This is analog to the the cancel button, it is not extremely reachable and close to other keys for such reasons ( i assume )



I vote for protoss rapidfireto be be a-move! I would also love to have all other commands replaced to move and attack, the rest of the keys could be mapped to storm. I do not feel i need anything else when playing as toss! Trollface*


Prev 1 263 264 265 266 267 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE128
ProTech123
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 67
NaDa 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever437
canceldota159
NeuroSwarm142
League of Legends
Doublelift4569
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 420
C9.Mang0343
ToD81
PPMD31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• poizon28 35
• RyuSc2 24
• davetesta11
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra944
Other Games
• Shiphtur558
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.