• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:34
CEST 03:34
KST 10:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8874 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 252

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 432 Next
ToMa380Te
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany7 Posts
July 04 2013 17:29 GMT
#5021
On July 04 2013 07:40 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 04:37 ToMa380Te wrote:
I cannot find any hints on this. So I will just ask here:

Is TheCore allowed in tournaments? In which tournaments is it illegal to use TheCore? DreamHack? GSL?

TheCore is made to be entirely tournament legal. In fact, JaKaTaK doesn't go anywhere near the boundaries of layout restrictions anymore in order to minimize this risk.

E: just looked at the banners, really great job teuthida!


Thank you kindly, Sir.
Czarnodziej
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland624 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-04 21:38:26
July 04 2013 20:20 GMT
#5022
Well, now OP looks 100x better than before.
Good job!

BTW
What about putting rapid fire on ctrl+build basic key? It would require to remap skills to this button, but I think the benefits are pretty hefty in this one.
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-05 09:12:19
July 05 2013 09:09 GMT
#5023
@Czarnodziej
As slowbacontron said, TheCore is made to be entirely tournament legal, and there are obviously some doubts about rapid fire's tournament legality. You are free to make whatever changes you wish to your own TheCore layout, and I'm sure we would all be happy to hear what you find out during your tinkering with TheCore

slowbacontron's post: + Show Spoiler +
On July 04 2013 07:40 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2013 04:37 ToMa380Te wrote:
I cannot find any hints on this. So I will just ask here:

Is TheCore allowed in tournaments? In which tournaments is it illegal to use TheCore? DreamHack? GSL?

TheCore is made to be entirely tournament legal. In fact, JaKaTaK doesn't go anywhere near the boundaries of layout restrictions anymore in order to minimize this risk.


@JaK
Why doesn't Ghosts use the Build Basic button on non-zerg layouts? They are recalled with the index, so it shouldn't cause too many problems, aside from recalling index finger CGs after using a spell.
sil0r
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany43 Posts
July 05 2013 14:18 GMT
#5024
Look what i found on reddit:
http://hackaday.com/2013/07/05/a-custom-starcraft-keyboard/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: hackaday/LgoM (Hack a Day)
The early third hatches the drone
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
July 05 2013 17:57 GMT
#5025
On July 05 2013 23:18 sil0r wrote:
Look what i found on reddit:
http://hackaday.com/2013/07/05/a-custom-starcraft-keyboard/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: hackaday/LgoM (Hack a Day)


That is pretty cool. Quite the dedication to an optimal hotkey setup!
neko453
Profile Joined May 2013
8 Posts
July 07 2013 21:16 GMT
#5026
I love this layout, thank you for this
If I use a TRM one should I set my medivacs to Ctrl+0 together with my marine/marauder/tech lab or should I only set them to the suggested army control group [Ctrl+;]?
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
July 07 2013 22:55 GMT
#5027
On July 08 2013 06:16 neko453 wrote:
I love this layout, thank you for this
If I use a TRM one should I set my medivacs to Ctrl+0 together with my marine/marauder/tech lab or should I only set them to the suggested army control group [Ctrl+;]?


Neko, it is ideal to have them separate, that way when you move your bio ball around the medivacs can heal them (like when kiting or stutter-stepping). Otherwise the medivacs won't heal very efficiently.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 08 2013 02:39 GMT
#5028
@Beedebdoo
nice catch on the Ghost, we can definitely improve that!

@everyone
gtlovar has been working on this project for a long ass time now and has been emailing/updating me as it comes along. It is really fucking cool :D
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
July 08 2013 08:00 GMT
#5029
I'm not sure what I should write above these questions, so I'll just write this.
  1. Google's spreadsheet supports comments in the individual cell. The cell gets a little mark, and when you mouse over it, you can read the comment. Would it be possible to comment on cells like Army(Terran) and Ranged(Protoss) under suggested CGs to explain what excactly is meant? (What units goes to this CG?)

  2. As to the question above: What excactly goes into the Army CG for Terran? As I understand it, it's everything except Harass, Ghosts, Tanks, Widow Mines, and Vikings.

  3. It might just be me, but I recall that you (JaK) have stated that the CGs are sorted from fastest to press, to slowest to press. -(2) for medium layouts has 3rd place, but is rated as the 7th easiest to press CG on the Archives. Why is that?

  4. Why is Select Builder banished to the far reaches of the nether? Isn't it faster than box selecting? U is free for P, R, and TRM. For Zerg layouts, I'm not as keen, but N and . are free.
Guileful
Profile Joined November 2012
Kazakhstan137 Posts
July 08 2013 09:24 GMT
#5030
I want to know if some1 binding a Lab or let's say spawning pool, so they can start an upgrade with a hotkey? If so to what hotkey(s)?
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
July 08 2013 11:04 GMT
#5031
What changes are you guys considering for the next version? I have again fully adapted to the current version of the core and could give feedback on the new tweaks before you release it ^^.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 11:09:35
July 08 2013 11:07 GMT
#5032
On July 08 2013 18:24 Guileful wrote:
I want to know if some1 binding a Lab or let's say spawning pool, so they can start an upgrade with a hotkey? If so to what hotkey(s)?


I bind all upgrade buildings to P(CC).
You can remove the tech labs/spawning pool from the CG when you're done with the updates.
Realistically speaking, you will have your CC's, Engi Bays, Armory(ies) and maybe some Ghost academies late game .
I feel like upgrades don't really need their own CG.

JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 08 2013 11:19 GMT
#5033
@Slashie
Always post your feedback here! It helps us a lot. (as always post your version # and acronym)

We plan on:

bringing in the keys on the hatchery for upgrades, and queen building.
fixing some inconsistencies brought up by Beedebdoo (I haven't been writing them down and will have to go backwards through the thread comments, this was an unwise decision)
removing / (the thumb key) from production, as you press production keys more than once which is not efficient for the thumb key.

I think that's it...

@Beedebdoo
1. Excellent Idea! Will do :D
2. Yes, that is correct.
3. I'll take a look at this when I'm doing the update.
4. It is not faster than box selecting unless you happened to already be selecting the building at the time. I suppose we could put it back in, but I'm not seeing a strong case for it
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 08 2013 15:06 GMT
#5034
Hey hey, starting in on 0.7.3 today. As of now the zerg changes are going in. I don't see any reason not to put them in. Best way to keep up aside from subscribing this thread is through youtube.com/thejakatakshow
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 08 2013 15:55 GMT
#5035
On July 08 2013 17:00 Beedebdoo wrote:
I'm not sure what I should write above these questions, so I'll just write this.
  1. Google's spreadsheet supports comments in the individual cell. The cell gets a little mark, and when you mouse over it, you can read the comment. Would it be possible to comment on cells like Army(Terran) and Ranged(Protoss) under suggested CGs to explain what excactly is meant? (What units goes to this CG?)

  2. As to the question above: What excactly goes into the Army CG for Terran? As I understand it, it's everything except Harass, Ghosts, Tanks, Widow Mines, and Vikings.

  3. It might just be me, but I recall that you (JaK) have stated that the CGs are sorted from fastest to press, to slowest to press. -(2) for medium layouts has 3rd place, but is rated as the 7th easiest to press CG on the Archives. Why is that?

  4. Why is Select Builder banished to the far reaches of the nether? Isn't it faster than box selecting? U is free for P, R, and TRM. For Zerg layouts, I'm not as keen, but N and . are free.


Concerning #3 The order in game is based on the suggested CGs, the order in the doc is based on keyscore
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 16:29:12
July 08 2013 16:18 GMT
#5036
@Plans for next update
Glad to hear you're starting up the next patch :D
Will the mouse + modifier keys make it through? There are 12 of them, counting left, right, and the two side mouse buttons. So many good keys.

@Select Builder key
I looked at it for a bit now. I see a lot of advantages, but they are very situational. For example, it's easier to Select Builder than to click/box an SCV, if the building is surrounded by other units. But when are you ever going to cancel/halt a heavily defended building? Perhaps for bunker rushes.

Edit:
On July 09 2013 00:55 JaKaTaK wrote:
Concerning #3 The order in game is based on the suggested CGs, the order in the doc is based on keyscore
I'm not sure what you mean. What I understand is that they're in the order that they're used, but I can't see myself getting Widow Mines before I get an army, or a harass for that matter. If -(2) is meant for worker scouts early game it makes more sense. Is that the case?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 17:21:06
July 08 2013 16:24 GMT
#5037
@Beedebdoo

I don't remember finding anything that was advantageous for using the new modifiers (I also don't think there are 12). Can you remind me of the best ideas?

EDIT:

PTR Changes are up on the archives, haven't started to create the files yet. On to Zerg.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Beedebdoo
Profile Joined June 2013
130 Posts
July 08 2013 17:49 GMT
#5038
The 12 free mouse + modifier keys
+ Show Spoiler +
Left-click + Alt
Right-click + Ctrl
Right-click + Ctrl + Shift
Right-click + Alt
Foward mouse button + every modifier (4)
Back mouse button + every modifier (4)

Every modifier: Alt, Ctrl, Shift, Ctrl + Shift.

We can easily count middle mouse button as 4 extra buttons, but that key's quality is heavily dependent of mouse. Scroll wheel is a nono key because it isn't tabbed like very other key.


Replacing the worst CG with mouse clicks
It's prone to error if ctrl is part of recall, because you can unintentionally add what's in this CG to other CGs if you spam it. Therefore, it's best served, if recall is shift + side mouse button. Recalling queens with Side mouse button + Shift on non-zerg layouts could prove advantageous.

Recalling/setting free-cameras for Creep spread on zerg layouts
There are a lot of different buttons in play when a full creep spread sequence is initiated. Some of that load could be moved to the mouse. I'm dabbling with a concrete example, which I will get up soon(tm)

Alternatively setting up free cameras with alt + left and right click on non-zerg layouts
By no means an overwhelming achivement, especially since it can be done with the camera keys themselves. A slight improvement nonetheless.

Mod + mouse will likely not whoop the stage, but it can do the little things.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-08 18:55:47
July 08 2013 18:08 GMT
#5039
Okay, so running into a bit of an annoyance. If anyone can figure this out it would be of tremendous help:

WTF do these hotkeys do?:

BattleRage/Khraxus
Charge/Khraxus

EDIT:

@Beedebdoo
I don't think these changes will yield any results. Will you test them personally for me and come back with your experience? (anyone else willing to test would be helpful)
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
eneyeseekay
Profile Joined March 2013
239 Posts
July 08 2013 19:28 GMT
#5040
I spent a lot of time tinkering around with the mod+mouse commands a while ago and here's what I found:
  • Anything on the Command Cards cannot be legally bound to any mouse buttons (you guys probably know this).
  • Mouse buttons (with or without using modifier keys), can only be legally bound to Global bindings.
  • Mapping nearly any command to Left or Right Click, regardless of its use, is very, very shaky. I for one, will be staying farrrrr away from these bindings until we somehow gain control over how mod keys behave without the use of tournament-banned solutions.. It can feel cool to do things with mods+ Left Click and Right Click, but one easy slip-up and you're either issuing a command you don't want (even queuing them when using Shift as a mod), changing rallies or sending units places by accident. A lot of bad things can happen.
  • Middle Mouse button is the shit! It's on tons of mice these days, and it benefits from the numerous mod+ mouse click combinations. There are no hard-coded commands to stumble with (such as Ctrl/Shift+Left or Right Click behaviour). MMB is a harm-free key that should not cause accidents. I recommend taking advantage of this as much as possible.
  • If you've got them, side mouse buttons work great as well. I personally stay away from using them, but if one were to use mod+mouse bindings, know that the side buttons are safe, just like MMB.

I'm sure most of that isn't revolutionary info, but it's important to note that mod+ Left and Right Click bindings are recipes for disaster. MMB and side buttons are fine.
Prev 1 250 251 252 253 254 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 53
NaDa 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm247
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9362
JimRising 684
ViBE146
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King94
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1265
BasetradeTV163
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 26m
INu's Battles
10h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 26m
Replay Cast
21h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.