• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:02
CEST 18:02
KST 01:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9353 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 227

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 225 226 227 228 229 432 Next
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
May 21 2013 05:38 GMT
#4521
On May 21 2013 14:33 UnseenAlchemist wrote:
For some reason I cannot create control group 2 (ctrl+shift+0) for the ZRM layout. I switched it to just ctrl+0 to test and it worked, so I know my 0 button is not broken. Is this a known issue, or is it just me. I'm using a UK layout keyboard if that makes any difference.

FAQ #2
jjakji fan
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 21 2013 14:27 GMT
#4522
The first 2 things I am talking to blizzard about should I ever get a hold a chance to talk to a blizzard employee with power is:

wtf is with selection priority, can we get custom for LotV?

and

can we please customize what ctrl+click and shift+click do?

If anyone knows someone in blizzard we can get to. It would be beautiful. Who knows, maybe its already in the works.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Vanngar
Profile Joined May 2013
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-21 20:03:14
May 21 2013 20:02 GMT
#4523
Maybe at blizzcon in November <_<

I recall them doing Q&A with the audience and doing some pretty good private interviews for community representatives
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 22 2013 15:06 GMT
#4524
Good idea. We have enough of a force here where we should be able to get one of our questions concerning hotkeys in.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
thayneq
Profile Joined March 2013
96 Posts
May 22 2013 17:45 GMT
#4525
So JaK, assuming you could change CTRL+click and SHIFT+ click functionality, what would you change them to? It might help to answer that question first so that you (or collective "we") are prepared to explain the advantage to Blizzard, should we ever get the chance. They might be more receptive to it if we explain some useful things it enables.
Hancho
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany89 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-22 19:50:06
May 22 2013 19:49 GMT
#4526
On May 21 2013 23:27 JaKaTaK wrote:
The first 2 things I am talking to blizzard about should I ever get a hold a chance to talk to a blizzard employee with power is:

wtf is with selection priority, can we get custom for LotV?

and

can we please customize what ctrl+click and shift+click do?

If anyone knows someone in blizzard we can get to. It would be beautiful. Who knows, maybe its already in the works.


some time ago you wanted to create a list with sc2 (related to hotkeys) bugs / features (I think)
have you done this? it is possible to see?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 23 2013 12:51 GMT
#4527
I should write about it a bit. Its on my list of things to do. More important to get the next versions of TheStaircase and TheCore released at this point.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
turboPasqual
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany21 Posts
May 23 2013 21:01 GMT
#4528
Since it is a bit quiet in here at the moment I would like to start feeding this thread with a few questions and a reheated idea.

1) Normally I play zerg but sometimes I feel like trying terran a bit. I am unsure about the suggested CGs. Shall I put my hole army on "Army" and every single mentioned unit additionally on its own group? Shall I just put everything not especially mentioned into army? To be honest, I just don't get it... Additionally: How do you add to your groups in a good way (not talking about hotkeys but mechanics.)?

2) Once we were talking about changing the suggested CGs for zerg. E.g. Just putting the evos and spires into a group (maybe the queen group) for the upgrades and skipping all the other buildings. Did we get to any conclusion? If we did, you should change the documents, if not, we should keep discussing.

3) I think someone mentioned something like changing alt and ctrl for setting base cams in zerg layouts to easily set base cameras together with adding the base to the CG. As far as I remember everybody liked the idea but we jost lost track on this.

4) What about the suggested wiki page? E.g. I was searching for the documentation of the creep spread method. I found it on page 185, but honestly: How should a newbie know about this?

5) Once again rapid fire: I think I like it for creap spreading (still not finally sure about it). For ZRM I put rapid fire on ctrl + u. With this I can do single well placed tumors with just pressing "u" and I can use the creep spread method together with ctrl for rapidly spreading them. How do you like that idea?

6) All in all I feel like we miss a lot of opportunities for optimizing and discussing because we just have this huge thread with all the ideas clumped together. As you see in those earlier mentioned points I have been referring to many things that we already started and just did not discuss to the end. And I feel that it would be great to have something better to discuss all these things. Unfortunately the only thing that comes to my mind is having a dedicated forum for all those TheCore related things. But in that case we would never have that many readers like we have now. So I think this is not a good option... Maybe somebody else has a good idea to get over this problem!?!
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
May 24 2013 03:35 GMT
#4529
On May 24 2013 06:01 turboPasqual wrote:
Since it is a bit quiet in here at the moment I would like to start feeding this thread with a few questions and a reheated idea.

1) Normally I play zerg but sometimes I feel like trying terran a bit. I am unsure about the suggested CGs. Shall I put my hole army on "Army" and every single mentioned unit additionally on its own group? Shall I just put everything not especially mentioned into army? To be honest, I just don't get it... Additionally: How do you add to your groups in a good way (not talking about hotkeys but mechanics.)?



My CGs for TRM QWERTY 0.7:
; - main army, everything minus harass, scouts
L - marine and marauder and hellbats, no medivacs
9 - tanks in TvT, mines in TvZ, ghosts in TvP
0 - Vikings
- - ravens
[ - harass

All long distance movement is done with the main army CG. With medivacs only in the main army CG, they stay with your bio, but don't stop healing when your kiting with your MM control group. Disadvantage is they're more likely to get picked off by ranged ground while kiting, e.g. Stalkers.

My "support" control group, 9, varies by matchup, but for each unit, 'I' is the go-to-ability. Personally, this seems to work best for me.

For adding to CGs:
1) holding down ctrl, hit rally cam key
2) box new units at the rally point
3) hit main army key (reinforcements now added to CG)
4) release CTRL
5) attack move with current selection or select the army cg and attack move with the whole cg.
6) typically, don't bind reinforcements to the unit-specific CGs until they arrive with the main army. This prevents stimming, seiging, or burrowing mines before they arrive at the main army.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
May 24 2013 04:58 GMT
#4530
On May 24 2013 12:35 Smackzilla wrote:

For adding to CGs:
1) holding down ctrl, hit rally cam key
2) box new units at the rally point
3) hit main army key (reinforcements now added to CG)
4) release CTRL
5) attack move with current selection or select the army cg and attack move with the whole cg.
6) typically, don't bind reinforcements to the unit-specific CGs until they arrive with the main army. This prevents stimming, seiging, or burrowing mines before they arrive at the main army.


For step 2 you can also ctrl click a unit to select all of that type instantly, eg ctrl click one marine and it will select all marines on your screen. This is potentially faster than boxing units (though maybe slower if you need to select several types at once).
Smackzilla
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States539 Posts
May 24 2013 12:38 GMT
#4531
On May 24 2013 13:58 teuthida wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2013 12:35 Smackzilla wrote:

For adding to CGs:
1) holding down ctrl, hit rally cam key
2) box new units at the rally point
3) hit main army key (reinforcements now added to CG)
4) release CTRL
5) attack move with current selection or select the army cg and attack move with the whole cg.
6) typically, don't bind reinforcements to the unit-specific CGs until they arrive with the main army. This prevents stimming, seiging, or burrowing mines before they arrive at the main army.


For step 2 you can also ctrl click a unit to select all of that type instantly, eg ctrl click one marine and it will select all marines on your screen. This is potentially faster than boxing units (though maybe slower if you need to select several types at once).


That's proper technique for step 6, but that's not what I mean for step 2. The intent of step 2 is to add new units to the main army cg. This will almost always be a mix of different unit types, especially as Terran. Imagine tvp with your rally having mmmvg balled up at it. Boxing is easily faster.
You see a mousetrap. I see free cheese and a f&%*ing challenge - Scroobius Pip
teuthida
Profile Joined March 2013
United States104 Posts
May 24 2013 14:17 GMT
#4532
On May 24 2013 21:38 Smackzilla wrote:
That's proper technique for step 6, but that's not what I mean for step 2. The intent of step 2 is to add new units to the main army cg. This will almost always be a mix of different unit types, especially as Terran. Imagine tvp with your rally having mmmvg balled up at it. Boxing is easily faster.


That's true, good point
sil0r
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany43 Posts
May 24 2013 17:57 GMT
#4533
In the WOL Campaign the build Merc Compound is on W for RRM German Layout. Might be an oversight.
The early third hatches the drone
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
May 24 2013 18:02 GMT
#4534
I wonder if we can get an article on liquipedia for TheCore, so we could have a central location for all of the things that can be done with it better than other layouts. Like the creep spread mechanic for zerg, layered cameras etc. Perhaps this should all be in the OP, but its super long as it is.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
SorrowShine
Profile Joined October 2011
698 Posts
May 24 2013 18:05 GMT
#4535
I have ctrl+shift + 0 problem. The link indicated in the beginning doesnt work.
Could smbd pls post new link? thnx
SorrowShine
Profile Joined October 2011
698 Posts
May 24 2013 18:16 GMT
#4536
Nevermind. Link is working now. It was microsoft problem
tEEYOUNEE
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada13 Posts
May 25 2013 00:58 GMT
#4537
I'm the person from page 226 who has mobility problems with the standard layout. I just want to say TheCore has made things so much easier, the ability to control everything without having to move my hands from the standard location is very helpful/
SixtusTheFifth
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
New Zealand170 Posts
May 25 2013 04:42 GMT
#4538
On May 25 2013 02:57 sil0r wrote:
In the WOL Campaign the build Merc Compound is on W for RRM German Layout. Might be an oversight.

It's moved out of the way. Every mission comes with the merc compound so you never have to build it, unless you first destroy it to make room for something else.



On May 25 2013 03:02 JaKaTaK wrote:
I wonder if we can get an article on liquipedia for TheCore, so we could have a central location for all of the things that can be done with it better than other layouts. Like the creep spread mechanic for zerg, layered cameras etc. Perhaps this should all be in the OP, but its super long as it is.

You'd have to be very careful to keep the wording neutral. The current mindset of editors is "frowny face" towards using LP as a form of advertising. However it is also a mindset that people editing pages solely to create links to their youtube page is "everyone's problem" and consequently "not mine".

What you could do is create a sandbox in your user space. That's where you can do pretty much anything. After logging into LP2 you could create this page and people could edit from there.

Also Github can be linked in with docs too. It uses a similar markup but might take a bit of setting up by JDub.
Slashiepie
Profile Joined May 2013
107 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-25 10:45:09
May 25 2013 10:01 GMT
#4539
Where are the older versions of the Core? i just tried the Beta 0.7 out of curiosity and my older Profile got overriden.

Please release a version where mouse buttons are not needed for scrolling through control groups, the SC2 UI is a frustrating experience.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
May 25 2013 10:26 GMT
#4540
Slashiepie, could you give some examples of unit commands you take issue with? There's a reason for each and every change made to TheCore, and the intent is always to improve it. As for where older versions can be found, I'm not sure, we'll have to wait for someone else to comment on that.
jjakji fan
Prev 1 225 226 227 228 229 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 76
TKL 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5026
Bisu 1945
Soulkey 1609
EffOrt 828
Mini 596
Horang2 388
Larva 357
ZerO 327
ggaemo 255
actioN 251
[ Show more ]
Yoon 116
Dewaltoss 112
Mind 92
sorry 84
hero 76
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
Barracks 65
Pusan 57
Snow 48
Hyun 43
Bale 33
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 20
Terrorterran 18
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5500
qojqva2516
Dendi1281
420jenkins290
League of Legends
Reynor65
Counter-Strike
fl0m3122
x6flipin1212
Fnx 673
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1039
B2W.Neo448
DeMusliM299
XBOCT236
Livibee231
Liquid`VortiX206
QueenE98
FrodaN69
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV72
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV616
League of Legends
• Nemesis3487
• TFBlade587
Other Games
• Shiphtur474
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 58m
Patches Events
23h 58m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.