• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:09
CEST 05:09
KST 12:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7368 users

[Q] Why haven't you edited Liquipedia recently? - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
August 08 2011 22:13 GMT
#21
On August 09 2011 07:05 barrykp wrote:
I would contribute, but the attitude here is generally that only contributions (to debate for example) from people with high ratings are valued. TL is an elitist place, and I guess I've bought into that - I wouldn't be confident in something I might add to a wiki, even though I've watched enough pro games and analysis to be able to pass that on, even if I don't necessarily live up to it myself ingame.

/shrug

Actually, you can go ahead and make your own pages, and simply sharpen them over time. I started making pages when I was still Diamond, more for general play styles than specific BOs, and it worked out pretty well. Essentially, this is the way I see it - if I create the page, then people can get a good idea of what the build is about, and know the general timings/relative timings, but not specific supply based timings. If I don't create the page, they would not learn anything at all.

It is better for them to learn a build without much detail/really high level analysis, than it is for them to not learn it all.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
August 08 2011 22:16 GMT
#22
On August 09 2011 07:08 salle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 06:33 Baseic wrote:
On August 09 2011 06:31 Iranon wrote:
On August 09 2011 06:24 Baseic wrote:
I am not contributing because I don't consider myself to be good enough.



Ditto.

Basically every [G] thread could/should be a Liquipedia page, but where Brood War is so down-to-a-science that you literally can write a strategy encyclopedia, the huge flaw with Liquipedia II is the current volatility of SC2. I would suggest that new Liquipedia entries include references to dates and patch numbers. I know in the few months after release, I had the Protoss Strategy page prominently in my shortcut bar, but now I barely ever check it because some of the builds are no longer viable (for whatever reason, e.g. patch changes, metagame shifts, etc.), and there's no way to tell which are which. For example, the PvZ 3 Gate Sentry Expand page makes no reference to the fact that it's basically dead at the highest level of play due to Losira-esque timing attacks, which is sort of a crucial bit of information if I'm looking for details on the build.

This, the game is evolving really fast and builds are not regularly being checked for viability.


I did start to make a template just for the purpose of reviewing a strategy per patch basis, I'll finish it up and it'll hopefully help a bit.

Good, this a a very important step in the right direction.
But seriously, the zerg section needs a sick cleanup, especially ZvZ builds.

Are builds checked by any official after posting?
Etc.
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 22:28:44
August 08 2011 22:22 GMT
#23
While we're at it, I see that some people have been cleaning up already, slapping merge tags on MANY builds, this is exactly what LP needs, but no one seems to do anything with the merge tags, I don't know how to do it (Only admins can do it perhaps?). But just doing this would help alot already.

I see that there is a part for: Aggressive pool, Eco pool etc. Same for hatch first.
If these tagged pages are cleaned up the strat sec will look so much better already!
Etc.
Wren
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States745 Posts
August 08 2011 22:24 GMT
#24
This really is a crowdsourcing project. There are fantastic review guidelines in place, so if you find anything that's wrong, on any page, feel free to fix it.

As to builds being critiqued or 'solved' or made out-of-date, it is better to have a page detailing a build and an explanation of the situations that invalidate it than no page at all.

There are also strategy portal pages that can be updated constantly, making sure that only the best builds are highlighted at any given time.

tldr: it's better to have a page for every build than not to.
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
August 08 2011 22:25 GMT
#25
On August 09 2011 07:24 Wren wrote:
This really is a crowdsourcing project. There are fantastic review guidelines in place, so if you find anything that's wrong, on any page, feel free to fix it.

As to builds being critiqued or 'solved' or made out-of-date, it is better to have a page detailing a build and an explanation of the situations that invalidate it than no page at all.

There are also strategy portal pages that can be updated constantly, making sure that only the best builds are highlighted at any given time.

tldr: it's better to have a page for every build than not to.

Excellently put. Couldn't have said it better myself.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
August 08 2011 22:26 GMT
#26
I honestly feel like I can't help write down a build because there aren't really any predefined builds to do. Disregarding the fact that any build eventually adapts and changes to specific ways. There are just so many ways that my speciality (zerg) plays out a game.

The amount of sentries a toss has changes everything. When he gets his gas. Scouting for pylons and what units he's making. To do a good complete thing would be such a pain. I feel like I don't do builds, I have an idea, and reactions to what they do. And then I am for my idea but I don't just plain go for it.

For example you can go muta ling, and aim for it. But if toss scouts you and 6 gates you, you can't just play that out without being behind. Or building ALOT of spine crawlers in which case you invest alot of money in static defense that is useless later game.

I'd love to contribute but honestly dont know how.
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
August 08 2011 22:32 GMT
#27
On August 09 2011 07:26 Pandain wrote:
I honestly feel like I can't help write down a build because there aren't really any predefined builds to do. Disregarding the fact that any build eventually adapts and changes to specific ways. There are just so many ways that my speciality (zerg) plays out a game.

The amount of sentries a toss has changes everything. When he gets his gas. Scouting for pylons and what units he's making. To do a good complete thing would be such a pain. I feel like I don't do builds, I have an idea, and reactions to what they do. And then I am for my idea but I don't just plain go for it.

For example you can go muta ling, and aim for it. But if toss scouts you and 6 gates you, you can't just play that out without being behind. Or building ALOT of spine crawlers in which case you invest alot of money in static defense that is useless later game.

I'd love to contribute but honestly dont know how.

Same story for me, playing zerg. But for toss you can have build orders, but they shoulnd't be too long. (Not as if anyone would follow a build precisely until 70 food or so).
Etc.
SwirlQ
Profile Joined February 2011
United States148 Posts
August 08 2011 22:37 GMT
#28
I would love to contribute to LP but I dont like sharing my builds, maybe I will find a build that I cant resist sharing. :p Also I think playstyles need to be refined a bit more before we can get really good strong builds worthy of LP. ( most builds atm arent as safe as they could be )
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
August 08 2011 22:51 GMT
#29
I've always been a bit weary of putting down any exact information/builds due to limited game knowledge. I'm not exactly sure how the LP system works, is there any place detailing how everything goes down to avoid these fears? As it stands more me I'm more afraid of people taking my word for fact and basing opinions on that hence no real contributions
LesPhoques
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada782 Posts
August 08 2011 22:56 GMT
#30
Will write new strat on PvZ section VERY SOON !!!


:DD
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
August 08 2011 23:06 GMT
#31
On August 09 2011 07:16 Baseic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 07:08 salle wrote:
On August 09 2011 06:33 Baseic wrote:
On August 09 2011 06:31 Iranon wrote:
On August 09 2011 06:24 Baseic wrote:
I am not contributing because I don't consider myself to be good enough.



Ditto.

Basically every [G] thread could/should be a Liquipedia page, but where Brood War is so down-to-a-science that you literally can write a strategy encyclopedia, the huge flaw with Liquipedia II is the current volatility of SC2. I would suggest that new Liquipedia entries include references to dates and patch numbers. I know in the few months after release, I had the Protoss Strategy page prominently in my shortcut bar, but now I barely ever check it because some of the builds are no longer viable (for whatever reason, e.g. patch changes, metagame shifts, etc.), and there's no way to tell which are which. For example, the PvZ 3 Gate Sentry Expand page makes no reference to the fact that it's basically dead at the highest level of play due to Losira-esque timing attacks, which is sort of a crucial bit of information if I'm looking for details on the build.

This, the game is evolving really fast and builds are not regularly being checked for viability.


I did start to make a template just for the purpose of reviewing a strategy per patch basis, I'll finish it up and it'll hopefully help a bit.

Good, this a a very important step in the right direction.
But seriously, the zerg section needs a sick cleanup, especially ZvZ builds.

Are builds checked by any official after posting?

There we go, finished it up.
So if anyone wants to review already added strategies if they work for the current patch or if they definitely don't work for the current patch. Feel free to use the (Wiki)Template:Patchreview you basically copy and paste this code {{Patchreview|1.3.6}} or {{Patchreview|1.3.6|outdated}} to the top of a strategy page depending on which applies.

About your question Baseic, well hmmm it depends. The staff and non staff editors try to review all pages, but there's a lack of knowledgeable reviewers for the strategy section currently, and we could probably use someone who mostly just reviews a specific race's articles. I usually ask for help from people I trust to know way more than I do to do any reviewing of the viability of a particular strategy.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
zeidrichthorene
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada83 Posts
August 08 2011 23:10 GMT
#32
It would be nice if there was a way for the community to upvote/downvote strategies. Rather than completely removing a page or the links to a page. For instance, featured prominently on the ZvP strategy page is "2 Hatch Hydra". That's not really a strategy that's viable any more because it was used primarily to deal with timings that are no longer possible by protoss, and hydras are a pretty risky investment now.

That's not to say that 2 hatch hydra is a "bad" strategy, or that the build is bad. Maybe if changes were made to protoss in the future, it would be viable again, or even due to metagame shift.

What would be nice would be if the 2 hatch hydra page could be kept, linked, and kept as polished as possible, but maybe it can remain downranked for as long as it's not viable in the current metagame. If the metagame shifts it could be boosted back up in popularity.

Right now though, the only option is to have individuals arbitrarily decide what strats are good and what strats are bad, and rearrange them or remove them. If you could have a more collaborative system where you maybe upvote or downvote strats then it doesn't land on one person's shoulders, and you don't have edit wars where one person thinks a strat is viable and another thinks it shouldn't be featured.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
August 08 2011 23:12 GMT
#33
Just been reading some of the Terran stuff and understand now what you guys mean. There's a lot of just missing information even in the most basic of places. Just very simple outlines instead of the more indepth stuff you would expect.
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
August 08 2011 23:13 GMT
#34
On August 09 2011 08:10 zeidrichthorene wrote:
It would be nice if there was a way for the community to upvote/downvote strategies. Rather than completely removing a page or the links to a page. For instance, featured prominently on the ZvP strategy page is "2 Hatch Hydra". That's not really a strategy that's viable any more because it was used primarily to deal with timings that are no longer possible by protoss, and hydras are a pretty risky investment now.

That's not to say that 2 hatch hydra is a "bad" strategy, or that the build is bad. Maybe if changes were made to protoss in the future, it would be viable again, or even due to metagame shift.

What would be nice would be if the 2 hatch hydra page could be kept, linked, and kept as polished as possible, but maybe it can remain downranked for as long as it's not viable in the current metagame. If the metagame shifts it could be boosted back up in popularity.

Right now though, the only option is to have individuals arbitrarily decide what strats are good and what strats are bad, and rearrange them or remove them. If you could have a more collaborative system where you maybe upvote or downvote strats then it doesn't land on one person's shoulders, and you don't have edit wars where one person thinks a strat is viable and another thinks it shouldn't be featured.

Loving the sound of a voting system! That would really help fixing the strat section.
Vote wipes should be requestable aswell though.
Etc.
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
August 08 2011 23:31 GMT
#35
On August 09 2011 08:13 Baseic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2011 08:10 zeidrichthorene wrote:
It would be nice if there was a way for the community to upvote/downvote strategies. Rather than completely removing a page or the links to a page. For instance, featured prominently on the ZvP strategy page is "2 Hatch Hydra". That's not really a strategy that's viable any more because it was used primarily to deal with timings that are no longer possible by protoss, and hydras are a pretty risky investment now.

That's not to say that 2 hatch hydra is a "bad" strategy, or that the build is bad. Maybe if changes were made to protoss in the future, it would be viable again, or even due to metagame shift.

What would be nice would be if the 2 hatch hydra page could be kept, linked, and kept as polished as possible, but maybe it can remain downranked for as long as it's not viable in the current metagame. If the metagame shifts it could be boosted back up in popularity.

Right now though, the only option is to have individuals arbitrarily decide what strats are good and what strats are bad, and rearrange them or remove them. If you could have a more collaborative system where you maybe upvote or downvote strats then it doesn't land on one person's shoulders, and you don't have edit wars where one person thinks a strat is viable and another thinks it shouldn't be featured.

Loving the sound of a voting system! That would really help fixing the strat section.
Vote wipes should be requestable aswell though.

The way wikipedia deals with articles is by having votes in the discussion page, where you cast your vote by writing a comment and signing it saying you're for or against something. It could be used today. Perhaps a template stating that there's a vote going on, could be made to make people aware of the vote though.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Frequencyy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States344 Posts
August 08 2011 23:40 GMT
#36
it's tough because strategies are constantly going in and out but it's nothing like the bible that was liquipedia for bw.
You will not do incredible things without an incredible dream
tehemperorer
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2183 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-09 00:27:55
August 09 2011 00:27 GMT
#37
I contributed the 10 gate tech build and I got a new PvT one cooking, stay tuned!
Knowing is half the battle... the other half is lasers.
Kalingingsong
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada633 Posts
August 09 2011 00:46 GMT
#38
The main strategy pages seem kinda disorganized (with builds that overlaps and certain reactions named as "builds"), is there anything we can do to just help sort out the general organization rather than dealing with something extremely specific?
Dess.JadeFalcon
Ainvar
Profile Joined January 2011
United States68 Posts
August 09 2011 01:03 GMT
#39
At least from the Zerg perspective, I think the whole thing should be more modular.

Openings:
15 hatch
14 gas 14 pool
11 overpool 18 hatch
7 pool
Etc

The openings section should have transitions out and variations.

Then have a mid-game section, which is mostly about relative timings for when to get gas, upgrades, a third,etc and unit composition.
Eg: roach-hydra-corruptor vP, Idra style muta-ling-bane vZ, etc.

Finally a late game section which is mostly about unit composition, engagement strategy, harrassment options, etc.
Eg: broodlord infestor vZ and vP, nydus sauron zerg with 90+ drones, ultra-crackling-bane vP, etc

Only the first category would have "build orders" per se but the mid and late game sections would be very valuable IMO
Gardel
Profile Joined April 2011
Mexico220 Posts
August 09 2011 01:40 GMT
#40
On August 09 2011 06:12 tofucake wrote:
gogogogogo edit harder

TY to all contributors.

The rest of you need to stop slacking off.


Hahaha, affirmative man I support you! We gotta get more action going guys, where is the nerdpassion!!
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings88
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 178
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2323
Shuttle 1567
Artosis 569
Bale 74
NaDa 31
Dewaltoss 21
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
taco 376
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox730
Mew2King88
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor887
Other Games
summit1g8712
PiGStarcraft310
C9.Mang0310
ArmadaUGS65
ViBE62
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta17
• Letter143
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo591
Other Games
• Scarra858
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 51m
OSC
18h 51m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.