• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:35
CEST 22:35
KST 05:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8367 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 159

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
February 23 2012 21:43 GMT
#3161
On February 23 2012 06:14 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2012 06:01 iAmJeffReY wrote:
On February 23 2012 05:55 Noocta wrote:
This will sound silly but i encounter this a lot even in low master.
What do you do against a protoss who 1gate expand / nexus first with a ridiculously fast forge and place some canon at his entrance ?

I just encountered a Toss on Shakuras who did : Nexus, gateway forge 3 canon at his ramp then crazy tech with only a handfull of unit.
By 10min he had 7 gates up, cgarge finish, two forge upgrading, a robo and templar archive just started.

Am i too scared of canons ? I feel i can't touch 3 canon before medivac and stim, dunno if it's right.

Get out medics faster, and drop him as you take another base. Or, go for a push and add in 2-3 siege tanks and medics and go.

Cannons aren't to be feared. The sentry with cannon combo...yes that is different.


I pretty much rushed to medivacs after i saw the canons.
Hard to get them earlier than 10min tho. :/

I faced a protoss who did just that. When I saw the cannon I just triple expanded and kept on the pressure with drops and double upgrades. He couldn't get out of his base after I overwhelmed him with units. But I guess it could have gone differently.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
February 23 2012 21:45 GMT
#3162
On February 24 2012 06:39 iAmJeffReY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2012 06:35 Targe wrote:
Hey,
with a Terran start, I tend to go for either harass with cloak banshees or a 1 barracks quick expansion, is what I'm doing here right? At the moment I'm in gold league but really should be in Bronze IMO…

Targe

No. There are WAY more than those 2 openings you can use. I don't use either of them, and I do quite well.


I tend to go for those, or mass marauders and marines for early then bring in siege tanks + siege along with medics after. Thing is I can't seem to progress from there. Care to help by directing me?

Targe
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-23 22:06:02
February 23 2012 21:58 GMT
#3163
@Yohsc2

OK, a few items I identified:

1) Don't reactor your starport if you are going tanks, you can't afford it.
2) @14:30 you donate a bunch of marines for free, if you are just clearing out creep 2-3 marines is enough.
3) If you see infestors, expect burrow.
4) If you are on equal bases, then play safe, defend and don't take risks.
5) Don't leave the game when you can still win

But generally pretty good going, you are playing a masters player, on a zerg favoured map and you very almost win.
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-24 04:22:43
February 24 2012 04:21 GMT
#3164
Is there a way around the warp-in = you are guaranteed to lose unless you absolutely crush their army, mechanic? that's all i feel it comes down to lately and I'm starting to genuinely just hate tvp beyond the early game. i feel like im stupid.

edit:
i feel like against toss, if i don't go extreme aggro harrass all the time, and just try to play "standard", warp-in actually just means i lose unless i crush the shit out of protoss.
Huggerz
Profile Joined May 2011
Great Britain919 Posts
February 24 2012 13:05 GMT
#3165
On February 24 2012 13:21 Angel_ wrote:
Is there a way around the warp-in = you are guaranteed to lose unless you absolutely crush their army, mechanic? that's all i feel it comes down to lately and I'm starting to genuinely just hate tvp beyond the early game. i feel like im stupid.

edit:
i feel like against toss, if i don't go extreme aggro harrass all the time, and just try to play "standard", warp-in actually just means i lose unless i crush the shit out of protoss.


There is no identifiable question which can be answered in this post
“It's like poker. You can play your best, but you've got to know when to fold your cards and take a rest, and know when to hold your cards, hold your breath and hope that nobody else is stacking the deck."
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
February 24 2012 14:35 GMT
#3166
I think the whole idea is that you DO crush their army, just like against zerg in order to beat their better reinforcement mechanics you must win with a decent amount of stuff left over from the big engagement. Playing terran is all about positioning.

A lot of terran players have got into the mindset of "I can't trade efficiently so I must have an economic advantage". This is IMO exactly the wrong direction to take. Even if terran do have an economic advantage they can't convert it into an army advantage because they can't match production.

Terran must put all their effort into constructing the ultimate army, they must then make sure they get a good engagement. If you can't crush the protoss army there and then, don't engage. Keep kiting their army until they put themselves in a vulnerable position and then take maximum advantage.
OwnDizzzld
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom18 Posts
February 24 2012 21:06 GMT
#3167
Help needed.. i was a diamond terran last season but stopped playing due to exams, now im plat

I struggle late game vs every race, I find it hard to expand to my 3rd all the time as I don't have enough units to defend it due to delaying my 3rd all the time. Ive resulted to just staying on two base and then going all in because im too behind.... My macro sucks, and ive been a 1/2 base player since bronze lol... now its coming back to haunt me.

I kinda need some tips on how you take your 3rd, and what is the suitable time to take a 3rd vs each race

Help appreciated
OwnD :-)
TheQforce
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom48 Posts
February 24 2012 21:35 GMT
#3168
in TvP if i go 2 rax expand how many bunkers do i put up for a 3 gate expand
same question for 3gate robo expand with them making immortals
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
February 24 2012 23:45 GMT
#3169
@ OwnD

I generally find that taking a third comes quite naturally, after getting your production buildings for 2 base, e.g. 5 rax and reactor starport, you just get your 3rd next time you have 400 minerals.

Delaying your third shouldn't mean your army is any smaller, you can easily max out on 2 base. I kinda get the impression you are losing quite a lot of units early on? Maybe being too aggressive when it isn't appropriate?
burningPurple
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway76 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 12:30:41
February 25 2012 11:32 GMT
#3170
On February 25 2012 06:35 TheQforce wrote:
in TvP if i go 2 rax expand how many bunkers do i put up for a 3 gate expand
same question for 3gate robo expand with them making immortals


You should only need 1 bunker vs a 3 gate expand, get 2 or 3 bunkers if they 3gate robo immortal timing attack and expand behind it. If they expand before beginning immortal production tho (which is quite common) start getting ghosts instead of reactored starport, as their attack will hit at about 10 min, which gives you just enough time to get moebius + ghost(s) out with EMP ready. Note that if you're going ghosts as a counter to this, you probably only need 1 bunker.

When you're doing 2 rax (reactor first I assume) you get alot of bio pretty fast, so as long as you're macroing correctly you should have enough units to hold anything coming out of 3 gates.
You must learn to allow patience and stillness to take over from anxiety and frantic activity... The good player is patient. He is observant, controlling his patience, and organizing his composure. When he sees an opportunity, he explodes.
OwnDizzzld
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom18 Posts
February 25 2012 13:30 GMT
#3171
On February 25 2012 08:45 Willzzz wrote:
@ OwnD

I generally find that taking a third comes quite naturally, after getting your production buildings for 2 base, e.g. 5 rax and reactor starport, you just get your 3rd next time you have 400 minerals.

Delaying your third shouldn't mean your army is any smaller, you can easily max out on 2 base. I kinda get the impression you are losing quite a lot of units early on? Maybe being too aggressive when it isn't appropriate?



hmmmm i am kinda aggressive early on.. but i thought that was the strength of terran.. All of my builds are aggressive or all ins.. I tried 1 rax expo but I always failed and went back to 1/2 base plays

ill post up some replays if you dont mind watching them ?
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
February 25 2012 16:04 GMT
#3172
Yeah, I'll watch.
Hero1
Profile Joined December 2010
135 Posts
February 25 2012 19:07 GMT
#3173
TvT on this new kingdom map. I planned a 1/1/1 opening and scouted my opponent taking gas as well but apparently he somewhere proxied his rax. How would you react to this if you can't find it?
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
February 25 2012 19:14 GMT
#3174
On February 26 2012 04:07 Hero1 wrote:
TvT on this new kingdom map. I planned a 1/1/1 opening and scouted my opponent taking gas as well but apparently he somewhere proxied his rax. How would you react to this if you can't find it?

Proxy marauder. Rebuild the depots you're going to lose, and bunker up. From there it's about scouting out their transition.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Trollface
Profile Joined April 2010
United States15 Posts
February 26 2012 00:25 GMT
#3175
Can someone link me to a good build order for laddering against each matchup? I haven't played since beta and my friends got me back into SC2 recently. I want to practice a bit with each build before I try to get ranked. I'd prefer to try to learn something offbeat, non-standard and fun that'll be decent in the lower leagues (I'd be very surprised if I started anywhere but Bronze after such a long break).
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 00:43:50
February 26 2012 00:43 GMT
#3176
Any basic super generic tips on TvZ versus Stephano style? Should I drop more? What should my army composition be?
I watched all the ASUS games, in which Lucky and Stephano both used upgraded lings, roaches, and infestors, but their terran opponents all seemed to do really different things
¯\_(シ)_/¯
awakenx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States341 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 01:32:24
February 26 2012 01:29 GMT
#3177
How does one harass a Protoss in the late game (5-6 bases) when he's all cannoned up at each of his expansions so I can't drop/do banshee harass/anything?
WorstMicroNA
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
February 26 2012 02:05 GMT
#3178
On February 26 2012 10:29 deathtrance wrote:
How does one harass a Protoss in the late game (5-6 bases) when he's all cannoned up at each of his expansions so I can't drop/do banshee harass/anything?

8 or 12 Marauder drops don't really care about Cannons. You can also use Nukes.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
February 26 2012 08:06 GMT
#3179
On February 26 2012 10:29 deathtrance wrote:
How does one harass a Protoss in the late game (5-6 bases) when he's all cannoned up at each of his expansions so I can't drop/do banshee harass/anything?

It seems vs Z and P late game, it comes down to ghosts and nukes. No other way to do damage or anything. They do tend to clump gateways and pylons, so perhaps a double nuke on them before/during an engagement.

All theorycraft, and probably insanely hard to execute. I, myself, cannot do it by any means.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Mandalor28
Profile Joined November 2010
United States52 Posts
February 26 2012 09:56 GMT
#3180
On February 26 2012 09:25 Trollface wrote:
Can someone link me to a good build order for laddering against each matchup? I haven't played since beta and my friends got me back into SC2 recently. I want to practice a bit with each build before I try to get ranked. I'd prefer to try to learn something offbeat, non-standard and fun that'll be decent in the lower leagues (I'd be very surprised if I started anywhere but Bronze after such a long break).


I'd second this because I've been on hiatus for 6-8 months and am just as must lost as I am rusty. Though, I know the the "newest" builds aren't as know and out there because of the recent patches I've researched. Though my research has also only turned up builds that are several, several, patches back.

On another note, and I hate to sound fanboyish, but if it just me is blizzard really nerfing terran play the wrong way? By the wrong way I mean nerfing the units, and not the synergy. I can say from past experience the barracks time change isn't much of a deal in terms of standard play, and it in fact helps enforce standard play. I just think that the nerfs are too specific.
I can cook, I can dig trenches, I can stab a Chakaar. . .
Prev 1 157 158 159 160 161 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason23
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
Dewaltoss 112
firebathero 94
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 33
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 23
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward726
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS132
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4096
Liquid`Hasu2130
Other Games
summit1g5946
B2W.Neo580
byalli512
shahzam482
ToD219
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe149
Railgan17
Chillindude14
Trikslyr9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur280
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.