• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:00
CEST 16:00
KST 23:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8776 users

[G] QTIP’s guide to defending the 1-1-1 (PvT) - Page 13

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 24 Next All
Sotamursu
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland612 Posts
August 20 2011 15:46 GMT
#241
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=232753

I'm a master Terran and I recently started doing the 1/1/1 build mentioned in that thread I gave the link to.

I won all the games vs protoss who I tried this on (none of them gg'd lol). I was kind of disgusted how easy it was to execute and how effective it is. The toss players went for 2 gate robo, 3 gate VR and one of them went some kind of FE with fast colossus. I can look for the replays and upload them, if someone wants to see them.

None of them worked really effectively against my push. 2 gate robo put up the biggest fight, but at no point was I really losing. In every game my plan was not to finish the game with the first push, but rather to just hurt the toss' economy and reduce his unit count while expanding. The follow up push will include bfh and stimmed marines, both of which completely rape zealots. Then I just focus fired stalkers with my tanks and banshees took care of any colossi. GG.

I think a major weakness in the 1/1/1 is the banshees, if you can somehow manage to kill one or two of them, it will help you tremendously. I lost one banshee in the 2gate robo game while harassing, because I over-estimated the size of the void around his base.

One last tip for you toss players. Be ready for the hellion scout that usually comes with 1/1/1. My current record is 8 probe kills just because the toss didn't make a stalker.
Chernobyl
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil143 Posts
August 21 2011 16:53 GMT
#242
How to show to blizzard that this shit is simply too strong?
They can't see this?

Puma just won a ridiculous game agains MC using this, and I think if he does it again, he will win 3-0 easy.

*don't go for shelnaga caverns, Terran go for it 100% of games in this map.
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
August 21 2011 17:15 GMT
#243
Well, MC held off the initial push with a nearly identical strategy to this guide. Unfortunately, he died to the second push. Looks as if the 1-1-1 can transition perfectly into the 1-1-1.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
Huntz
Profile Joined July 2011
164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-21 17:20:32
August 21 2011 17:15 GMT
#244
Yeah I kind of wish all the terrans in tournaments just do this in TvP, just to make a point. The build is so strong you can win outright so easily. im still not sure how to stop the really fast version the moves out while starting seige mode at 8 minutes
QTIP.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2113 Posts
August 21 2011 17:56 GMT
#245
On August 22 2011 02:15 Huntz wrote:
Yeah I kind of wish all the terrans in tournaments just do this in TvP, just to make a point. The build is so strong you can win outright so easily. im still not sure how to stop the really fast version the moves out while starting seige mode at 8 minutes


It's been abused into reckless abandon in Code A and the qualifiers for Code A, so I'm sure IF it's going to be looked at, the process has begun already. Anyway, best of luck to Protoss, sucks to see MC go down to it.
"Trash Micro but Win. Its Marin." - Min Chul
ssregitoss
Profile Joined September 2004
Turkey241 Posts
August 21 2011 18:28 GMT
#246
mc got down to it cause of useless imos.you are kidding and offering imos vs marines.
Johnnyli
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia7 Posts
August 21 2011 18:45 GMT
#247
The tanks are just soo hard to take care of. I can usually survive the first wave of marine/tank/banshee/raven and thats because they only have 1-2 tanks then. The 2nd would consist of 3-5 tanks and i just find it really really hard to take down the tanks without all the marines wiping me out!

I thought MC was going to do something spectacular with his pheonix strategy in game 3 Finals IEM but it seemed he wasn't playing at his best there =/

Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-21 19:30:32
August 21 2011 19:29 GMT
#248
I know the gas steal has been asked about, but after seeing MC do something very similar to QTIP.'s guide, I just wanted to ask about one thing. He loses the scouting probe both games. Why not just gas steal and book it on out of there with the probe? At worst you lose the probe too, but in that case the marine is divided between chasing the probe and killing the assimilator. At best the terran doesn't 1-1-1. If he does, then it's delayed, which doesn't help much apparently. But I'll take a little help over none.

Concerning opening, it seems MC 12 gated today. Can protoss be a little more greedy early and go 14 gate and gas without that brief cut in probe production? I know you're tired of shooting this down, but why no HT for feedback? I read that storm comes out late, but 2 feedbacks on a raven and banshee plus the archon you get afterward would help immensely. It makes economic sense when trying to get an expansion running, as that costs all minerals.

Edit: one thing I meant to specify was 75 mins wasted on an assimilator isn't so bad if you keep the probe alive instead, based off of MC's scouting probes dying in Puma's base today.
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-21 20:32:07
August 21 2011 20:31 GMT
#249
I have been beating 1/1/1 a bunch recently. High masters on NA and playing vs Low masters on KR. When I know a 1/1/1 is coming I open 1 gate Stargate FE. I pump out phoenix to scout if he is getting cloak and if so I need to get observers. I use the Phoenix to keep him in his base for a little while I get 6 gates and cut probes around 35. Then I just mass zealot and if I have time get charge. I get a couple stalkers also. If I can delay the enough and get about 2 Archons I just roll over the all in and some HT work great at feedbacking the banshee, raven and PDD.. I keep scouting with Phoenix to know when the push is coming so I can attack before they siege up. If they siege late I use the Phoenix to attack banshees because I won't have to lift the tanks.

This works for me, but I don't know if it would work for high level players in Korea. It's simalar to what Tassadar did to Yoda except got blink and charge instead of archons or better tech.
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
JoeAWESOME
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1080 Posts
August 21 2011 21:04 GMT
#250
On August 22 2011 05:31 Beardedclam wrote:
I have been beating 1/1/1 a bunch recently. High masters on NA and playing vs Low masters on KR. When I know a 1/1/1 is coming I open 1 gate Stargate FE. I pump out phoenix to scout if he is getting cloak and if so I need to get observers. I use the Phoenix to keep him in his base for a little while I get 6 gates and cut probes around 35. Then I just mass zealot and if I have time get charge. I get a couple stalkers also. If I can delay the enough and get about 2 Archons I just roll over the all in and some HT work great at feedbacking the banshee, raven and PDD.. I keep scouting with Phoenix to know when the push is coming so I can attack before they siege up. If they siege late I use the Phoenix to attack banshees because I won't have to lift the tanks.

This works for me, but I don't know if it would work for high level players in Korea. It's simalar to what Tassadar did to Yoda except got blink and charge instead of archons or better tech.



I gotta ask... Are you clarevoyant?

If you wanna open 1 gate stargate FE you gotta do it blindly before the T reveals his 1-1-1 build (if he denys scouting wich I asume he can with 2-3 marines)


The problem is for the toss that it's very hard for them to scout and when they scout it, it is almost too late. I think protoss has to theorycraft to get something solid that can work vs this.

I remember when all the Z's did the Roach + Ling all in vs 3g expand and everyone was saying that it was too strong but it slowly faded away as the players faced it more and more. Hopefully the players solve this and not Blizzard.
Simply Awesome! - Liquid'Ret - NSHoSeo_Seal - coLMVP_DRG - EG_Idra - Fnatic.NightEnd
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
August 21 2011 21:06 GMT
#251
The bunker goes up before my stargate. If a bunker is up I know he isn't attacking unless he is metagaming me. Even if he is doing a FE I can still expand quick and pick off scvs and mules with Phoenix.
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
ssregitoss
Profile Joined September 2004
Turkey241 Posts
August 21 2011 21:14 GMT
#252
3 gate robo beats it silly.even artosis said it and incontrol.there are replays on this pages which proves it.why everyone here wants to ignore it i dont understand.if you are not sure what terran is doing go robo and make an obs.you will not be behind.
medic_ro
Profile Joined July 2011
Romania105 Posts
August 21 2011 22:09 GMT
#253
--- Nuked ---
LtLolburger
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand365 Posts
August 21 2011 22:17 GMT
#254
On August 22 2011 06:14 ssregitoss wrote:
3 gate robo beats it silly.even artosis said it and incontrol.there are replays on this pages which proves it.why everyone here wants to ignore it i dont understand.if you are not sure what terran is doing go robo and make an obs.you will not be behind.


3 gate robo is NOT the answer, its been said time and time again. If he scouts that you have not expanded he can just expand himself with/without contain and you are behind. 3gate robo is a seriously poor opening against any other terran opening, thus you are gambling if you do it.
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane. -Philip K. Dick
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
August 21 2011 22:32 GMT
#255
On August 22 2011 06:14 ssregitoss wrote:
3 gate robo beats it silly.even artosis said it and incontrol.there are replays on this pages which proves it.why everyone here wants to ignore it i dont understand.if you are not sure what terran is doing go robo and make an obs.you will not be behind.

Okay, your observer gets to the terran base and you see he went 1 rax CC. What now?
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
August 21 2011 22:36 GMT
#256
On August 22 2011 07:32 iamke55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2011 06:14 ssregitoss wrote:
3 gate robo beats it silly.even artosis said it and incontrol.there are replays on this pages which proves it.why everyone here wants to ignore it i dont understand.if you are not sure what terran is doing go robo and make an obs.you will not be behind.

Okay, your observer gets to the terran base and you see he went 1 rax CC. What now?

And whats worse, 3 gate robo still loses to it. If you expand, you are in a terrible shape expansion is too late. If 1 base colossi, well lets say there are known ways to absolutely destory 1 base colossi with 1/1/1.

3 gate robo is actually terrible vs everything except 3 rax stim all in (lol).
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-21 22:44:59
August 21 2011 22:42 GMT
#257
Couldn't we (protoss :D) design some kind of one base all in transition from 2gate robo to punish the really fast gasless expos?

Would an immortal bust work (how many immortals?)?
Would a contain while expanding work?
A warpprism 4gate?
A one base colossus in response?

What do you think of this idea?

Also, I don't know precisely that: how does a 1 gate robo (into 2nd gate) fair against a one rax marauder expand economically?
Plutonik
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada329 Posts
August 21 2011 22:58 GMT
#258
On August 22 2011 05:31 Beardedclam wrote:
I have been beating 1/1/1 a bunch recently. High masters on NA and playing vs Low masters on KR. When I know a 1/1/1 is coming I open 1 gate Stargate FE. I pump out phoenix to scout if he is getting cloak and if so I need to get observers. I use the Phoenix to keep him in his base for a little while I get 6 gates and cut probes around 35. Then I just mass zealot and if I have time get charge. I get a couple stalkers also. If I can delay the enough and get about 2 Archons I just roll over the all in and some HT work great at feedbacking the banshee, raven and PDD.. I keep scouting with Phoenix to know when the push is coming so I can attack before they siege up. If they siege late I use the Phoenix to attack banshees because I won't have to lift the tanks.

This works for me, but I don't know if it would work for high level players in Korea. It's simalar to what Tassadar did to Yoda except got blink and charge instead of archons or better tech.

Can you upload a replay of you doing this please man, i keep losing to it its retarded
s0uljah
Profile Joined March 2011
Singapore143 Posts
August 21 2011 23:23 GMT
#259
One thing i do in every P v T now is to just gas steal every terrans. For 75 minerals, I get to delay the 1/1/1 for a long time (if he still decides to), or I get to play on safely knowing that a 1/1/1 isnt coming.
Trusty
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand520 Posts
August 21 2011 23:29 GMT
#260
On August 22 2011 07:42 ZenithM wrote:
Couldn't we (protoss :D) design some kind of one base all in transition from 2gate robo to punish the really fast gasless expos?

Would an immortal bust work (how many immortals?)?
Would a contain while expanding work?
A warpprism 4gate?
A one base colossus in response?

What do you think of this idea?

Also, I don't know precisely that: how does a 1 gate robo (into 2nd gate) fair against a one rax marauder expand economically?


If you see 1rax FE, and you've gone 2gate robo - move out, apply pressure - expand. Take a faster 3rd.

You're behind, but you want to create the idea of attacking, while expanding.

You've got an army/tech advantage, so you want to be pressuring with this, to hopefully further delay his own tech (medivacs).

If he's gone into mech from 1rax FE, contain and take super fast 3rd.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1441
WardiTV790
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech120
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5987
Bisu 2843
Jaedong 1158
EffOrt 498
Horang2 478
Mini 450
actioN 273
Larva 250
ZerO 224
ggaemo 215
[ Show more ]
Mind 101
Pusan 82
Sea.KH 75
Sharp 66
Snow 66
hero 65
Shinee 64
Dewaltoss 53
Bale 52
Hyun 52
Barracks 50
ToSsGirL 37
sorry 29
Sacsri 18
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 15
NaDa 14
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4627
qojqva2115
Dendi1093
Counter-Strike
markeloff74
Other Games
olofmeister1313
hiko998
B2W.Neo667
Lowko334
crisheroes287
DeMusliM252
XBOCT211
Pyrionflax187
Livibee165
Hui .159
Liquid`VortiX156
QueenE104
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV745
League of Legends
• Nemesis2374
• Jankos2018
• TFBlade678
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.