• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:34
CEST 08:34
KST 15:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8453 users

I'm at work ... - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 15:46:38
June 16 2011 15:46 GMT
#41
Ever since the purge there is an epidemic of strategy forum diarrhea in general where people crap out random posts or thread that have little to no effort in them. To the person above me (if your reply is still above mine when I hit post)- posts like that are not as helpful as you imagine them to be and contributes to the cloud of white noise that fills many threads. To people like him; you may have good intentions but it is better overall if you didn't post like that.
@KawaiiRiceLighT
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
June 16 2011 15:46 GMT
#42
On June 17 2011 00:10 Alejandrisha wrote:
I agree with this initiative! Won't lie though, I have at times been one of those guys you can't watch the replay at work but from now on I will hold my tongue instead of giving advice

Also I just realized your icon is a mule. It is so cool. I always thought it was some kind of Z-bot or w/e o_0


Same here, I've definitely been guilty of this at least once before :p

Like that Artosis PvP chargelot/archon thread that just popped up, I really want to bash it but I guess I'll wait until I watch the reps later tonight...
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
June 16 2011 15:48 GMT
#43
So glad this is being addressed. Hopefully we'll see less of that useless spam in strategy threads now. I don't really post in strategy threads very often because I'm not good enough to offer up information but I usually read quite a few of them that pertain to my race/matchup issues and it's very frustrating trying to wade through the "I'm at work..." posts to find the useful ones.

I also agree with z00m, I wish I could like this thread to bring more attention to it lol. I thought about sharing the link on my facebook wall just so I could click like on it there too but not many of my friends follow SC2 or TL.net so I have a feeling it would be falling on def ears.
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
7sk
Profile Joined August 2010
United States55 Posts
June 16 2011 15:51 GMT
#44
Solid post zatic. Here's to the strat forum's steady improvement.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 16 2011 15:53 GMT
#45
On June 17 2011 00:44 Artik wrote:
I do have one question regarding all this. How should I handle posting if I legitmately cannot watch a replay but have something to contribute? I say this because I'm currently military and deployed so while I can browse TL I cannot easily download a replay and if it's on an updated map my current version of SC2 may not be able to load it. I've mostly been lurking and responding to other types of threads though I mention this just incase the situation arises.

And this is exactly what you and everyone in a similar situation should do. As I have said on a similar occasion, I realize most people just want to help, and don't mean any harm. But the good intentions of their posting just doesn't change that masses of generic filler posts are useless compared to one good analytical post. And they clog up threads and the forum, making it a worse place for everyone.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
twoCube
Profile Joined March 2011
United States32 Posts
June 16 2011 16:00 GMT
#46
On June 17 2011 00:53 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2011 00:44 Artik wrote:
I do have one question regarding all this. How should I handle posting if I legitmately cannot watch a replay but have something to contribute? I say this because I'm currently military and deployed so while I can browse TL I cannot easily download a replay and if it's on an updated map my current version of SC2 may not be able to load it. I've mostly been lurking and responding to other types of threads though I mention this just incase the situation arises.

And this is exactly what you and everyone in a similar situation should do. As I have said on a similar occasion, I realize most people just want to help, and don't mean any harm. But the good intentions of their posting just doesn't change that masses of generic filler posts are useless compared to one good analytical post. And they clog up threads and the forum, making it a worse place for everyone.


Thanks Zetic. It's hard to read the Strategy forum with tons of filler in between the good stuff.

I'm in favor of removing the filler.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 16:13:35
June 16 2011 16:06 GMT
#47
Edit: Question answered thanks!

You are not helping anyone if you post without having watched the replay, and it's incredibly rude towards the person seeking help too.


Would like to know what I did wrong if you have time to comment.

I was warned for giving general rules of thumb in a strategy thread, but the OP himself was lacking a lot of basic knowledge, such as what counters what in what compositions.

Basically, it wouldn't help to comment specifically about the game, since he didn't even understand what kind of composition you should get. The details shouldn't be looked at if the base knowledge is wrong, since all the details would be screwed up too. You build the smaller things once you get the bigger things, which would be basic game sense and knowledge.

Thanks in advance.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 16 2011 16:18 GMT
#48
Giving advice based on a replay doesn't have to be overly specific, and can just as well be what you call "basic knowledge" . You can still give general advice if that is what you see the person seeking help needs, based on what you see in the replay.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
June 16 2011 16:34 GMT
#49
On June 16 2011 20:34 Saracen wrote:
I was going to close this when I saw it on the sidebar lol...

This post isn't to say you can't browse TL from work/school/wherever. It means that you shouldn't be giving advice or asking for help in the Strategy Forum when you don't have access to the basic resources required to make an acceptable post. If you can watch replays and thus give helpful advice while at work, then more power to you. But don't use being at work as an excuse to not follow the forum guidelines.

This response made me giggle.

Unfortunately, the search function linked by zatic doesn't seem to explain the situation particularly well - a lot of those threads are getting flagged because of various discussion about in-game workers. Apparently quotes aren't causing the search function to treat "at work" as a single search term.

Thank you (zatic, saracen, and others who mod here!) for all this effort to make the Strategy forum not suck.
CakeOrI)eath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States327 Posts
June 16 2011 16:38 GMT
#50
Thanks to zatic and the other TL mods for making the strat forums more readable and helpful!
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
BringThaPain
Profile Joined December 2010
1 Post
June 16 2011 16:48 GMT
#51
I am at work and I approve of this message....
Chronald
Profile Joined December 2009
United States619 Posts
June 16 2011 16:52 GMT
#52
Well said.

I'm at work, or I'd post more...

TROLLOL jk. Seriously well said, and a needed post I think.
Got that.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 17:15:39
June 16 2011 17:14 GMT
#53
On June 17 2011 01:18 zatic wrote:
Giving advice based on a replay doesn't have to be overly specific, and can just as well be what you call "basic knowledge" . You can still give general advice if that is what you see the person seeking help needs, based on what you see in the replay.


I suppose what he's trying to get at if I'm not mistaken is in the case where you'd give the same advice even after watching the rep. That is the OP is really new or doesn't understand basic strategy of RTS so you have to tell them the basic stuff. The rep itself adds no value to the discussion.

I seem to recall that thread and was like LOL when I saw Yoshi got warned.

nvm - Yoshi edited post with reason.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 16 2011 17:40 GMT
#54
Haha I was a bit confused too, but it's cus sometimes the OP might actually be asking unimportant or wrong questions, for example in a replay there might be 5 BLs but he might have thought that was what lost him the game or something but maybe instead he went pure marauders against lings or something dumb like that.
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
BjC
Profile Joined February 2011
England181 Posts
June 16 2011 18:19 GMT
#55
I try not to post to much in strategy threads, but i often read them and watch the reps. Even if its on x4 or x8 sometimes, It takes minutes to watch one, is easy and if you care to take the time to post a reply you can slow it down to confirm your information is correct that you are offering advise on. As I use the strategy forum as a place to go when i want to know somethimg, having to scroll thru loads of fluff replies from people i probabily allready know better than can put me off and make it harder to find what it is im looking for.

One really good OP with only one reply but that is really well done and correct from someone that knows what they say is correct is far far far better and more usefull to me than 10 pages of good intentions.

One thing i do notice that is many people that post replays add a disclaimer ( forgive my sloppy play i was drunk /high /tired /dog was chewing my keyboard ) These make me lol. I'd say every person that watches any replay can pick fault at play.

keep up the good work zatic
NCH Insomnia
Profile Joined June 2011
United States15 Posts
June 16 2011 19:36 GMT
#56
I completely agree with this idea. I've seen it here (hardcore lurker) and I've seen it on other threads. If people REALLY want to help and not matter about their post count then they'd do one of three things (or hopefully all of them).

1. Write it up anyways "at work/church/lunch/roller coaster" etc. Because if you're determined ot help then do it. Giving a half arse excuse to not finish a post with the intention to helping is unfortunately not helping at all.

2. Email whatever you've got going on for you/the OP to yourself and finish it at a more convenient and relaxed environment (unlike work for all you who actually work). Being relaxed and giving your full attention to something allows you to see a miss click here or bad positioning of an Overlord. Simple and small things can be better observed when you're paying attention so e-mail whatever help you have to yourself and finish it later for you and the OP's sake.

3. Actually care about helping. Simple as that. I've seen it a lot people just posting "Great Start but you failed to do this which cost you this. Well played!" ...who did that help? Yeah he didn't get the Gateways up at a good time but I mean elaborate maybe? That'd be cool!

So that's my small rant on such an epidemic present on forums like these.

-Insomnia
"Reach out to others because someone once did the same for you"
Neo.NEt
Profile Joined August 2010
United States785 Posts
June 16 2011 19:47 GMT
#57
While this is probably a good idea I think the end result is probably going to be worse. Before you see a reply that starts with "I didn't watch the replay but..." and at least you know what he's about to say is probably trash but now they're just going to say what they wanted to say anyway and you don't even know that they didn't watch the replay.
Apologize.
Veritassong
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada393 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 19:48:18
June 16 2011 19:47 GMT
#58
im at work so ill finish reading the op later

LOL. jk. =]
人族英巴
Jtn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
444 Posts
June 16 2011 19:51 GMT
#59
On June 17 2011 04:47 Neo.NEt wrote:
While this is probably a good idea I think the end result is probably going to be worse. Before you see a reply that starts with "I didn't watch the replay but..." and at least you know what he's about to say is probably trash but now they're just going to say what they wanted to say anyway and you don't even know that they didn't watch the replay.


No, it's incredibly easy to tell. Anyone who's watched a replay and commented on it will mention specific parts of the replay. Even if it's something generic like "at the end of the game you only had 30 drones, make moar"
IzieBoy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States865 Posts
June 16 2011 20:03 GMT
#60
"For one you shouldn't be posting on TL while you are at work anyway, but that's your decision."

lol told...

for one, TL posting is a serious job and full-time job that takes personal integrity; no other "jobs" allowed.
Let's Do This! Leeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 192
ProTech127
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 185
Dewaltoss 132
Bale 35
sSak 32
ZergMaN 21
Noble 11
NotJumperer 7
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 660
Other Games
summit1g10965
Sick200
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick852
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1355
• Rush1221
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 26m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 26m
Replay Cast
16h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.