• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9162 users

I'm at work ... - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
June 16 2011 14:35 GMT
#21
Here here. You know what's funny... is I think the exact same thing every time I see that "I'm at work" bit. lol

My first thought is, here is my excuse for my shitty post, now here is my shitty post. Usually revolving around "I didn't watch the replays" or "can people just give me quick advice"... when they should be knowing damn well quick advice isn't going to get you out of Gold. Much needed post.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Exley
Profile Joined April 2011
United States239 Posts
June 16 2011 14:37 GMT
#22
I have some opinions--- I'm at work right now but I'll be back to post them later.
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
June 16 2011 14:42 GMT
#23
On June 16 2011 21:53 Wrongspeedy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 20:08 zatic wrote:
Zatic's Strat Forum Rant #35

At work (Strategy)

At work (Closed)

This has been a minor nuisance before, but now it's becoming epidemic. I see so many people prefacing their posts with "I'm at work so can't watch replays but [...]", people writing their [H] thread only to end with "I'm at work will post replays later", and all kinds of variations like "at school", "at my mom's funeral", etc. ..

This shit needs to stop. "I'm at work" sets off all mod alarm bells in my head. If the post following your "I'm at work" is not outstanding it's basically an auto-warning / -ban. It's the Starcraft 2 Strategy equivalent of martyring.

For one you shouldn't be posting on TL while you are at work anyway, but that's your decision. Moreover though it shows disrespect to the OP, your fellow posters, and the mods holding this place together.
And I don't buy the "work" anyway half of you people claim to be at. Most just say this as a supposedly convenient way to get around posting or watching replays.

If you really happen to be at work and you happen to have enough time to write up a 5 page guide, then email it to yourself and post it from home when you have your replays. Same for giving advice. You are not helping anyone if you post without having watched the replay, and it's incredibly rude towards the person seeking help too.

So please. Don't operate TL when under the influence, or when you are at work. And if you still want to, don't use it as an excuse to break Strategy forum guidelines.


Whats absolutely silly is that someone can post an OP and some basic things they need help with, with their Gold level replays, I can choose for my own good to watch better replays (like I dunno the GSL ones I'm paying for!). But if I don't watch those Gold replays (or at least if I say I don't), and give them any advice, thats a warning? You can be helpful and poignant without always watching the replay. But instead I guess I will just completely avoid this part of the board because giving helpful advice to someone isn't worth getting a warning.


When you're done being victimized, take a look at the actual strategy forums and make a rough estimation of how many posts "from work, can't watch the replay" are helping people out. I'm a positive chap so I'm going to say 1%, but some would argue that they're of no value at all.

Explain to me how you can figure out someone's troubles in a matchup without watching his replays? Explain to me how it's useful when someone dies to a roach rush and you give generic advice of being agressive in TvZ and to make marines, since you haven't seen what actually happened ingame.
I think esports is pretty nice.
Legion710
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada423 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 14:52:24
June 16 2011 14:51 GMT
#24
Actually, I'm really at work when I post most of the time. I have periodic downtime throughout the day so I spend my time browsing all things SC2. If I'm not sure my post will actually help the OP, I won't post. In my view, my replayless help is better than my no help at all. This is a favor I'm doing them. I certainly don't do it for myself. And at home I'd rather play the game than browse forums. Although unlike most people, I will put concrete effort into my posts and, most of the time, will actually help the OP more than other people who did watch the replay, either because of my knowledge and level or because the other posters are lazy.
Tyrion Lannister
RM_12
Profile Joined March 2011
201 Posts
June 16 2011 14:51 GMT
#25
I'm at work so i'll answer to this thread later.


jk.


Completly agree, if they have time to sit on TL in work, they have time to do it back in home. SC related questions aren't exactly an emergency situation...
Selkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States530 Posts
June 16 2011 14:53 GMT
#26
I like this. I like this a LOT.

Thank you! I keep seeing these excuses, and they start to irritate me.
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
June 16 2011 14:56 GMT
#27
Sorry, I'm at work, haven't read but I really like you zatic.

More seriously, I completely agree. Just wait till you get back to your home/caravan/parents basement, then post.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 16 2011 15:03 GMT
#28
On June 16 2011 23:51 Legion710 wrote:
In my view, my replayless help is better than my no help at all. This is a favor I'm doing them.

This is what most people seem to think and it's just wrong. You are not doing anyone a favor, quite the opposite.

Please link me a [H] thread with a decent OP that has not been replied to. There is no "no help at all" here. What there is though is tons of people spamming threads with useless posts which makes it harder for people who have actually watched the replay to give meaningful advice.

If you can't watch the replay, simply don't post. It can't be that hard.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
z00m
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany22 Posts
June 16 2011 15:04 GMT
#29
Is there any way to *like* this threat? :D

I really like the latest TL clean up actions. This forum is a great read with a lot competent people in it ... keep up the great work

Oh and when you are at work ... You better work hard or you'll maybe have to search hard for new work
Kamikiri
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1319 Posts
June 16 2011 15:05 GMT
#30
On June 16 2011 21:53 Wrongspeedy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 20:08 zatic wrote:
Zatic's Strat Forum Rant #35

At work (Strategy)

At work (Closed)

This has been a minor nuisance before, but now it's becoming epidemic. I see so many people prefacing their posts with "I'm at work so can't watch replays but [...]", people writing their [H] thread only to end with "I'm at work will post replays later", and all kinds of variations like "at school", "at my mom's funeral", etc. ..

This shit needs to stop. "I'm at work" sets off all mod alarm bells in my head. If the post following your "I'm at work" is not outstanding it's basically an auto-warning / -ban. It's the Starcraft 2 Strategy equivalent of martyring.

For one you shouldn't be posting on TL while you are at work anyway, but that's your decision. Moreover though it shows disrespect to the OP, your fellow posters, and the mods holding this place together.
And I don't buy the "work" anyway half of you people claim to be at. Most just say this as a supposedly convenient way to get around posting or watching replays.

If you really happen to be at work and you happen to have enough time to write up a 5 page guide, then email it to yourself and post it from home when you have your replays. Same for giving advice. You are not helping anyone if you post without having watched the replay, and it's incredibly rude towards the person seeking help too.

So please. Don't operate TL when under the influence, or when you are at work. And if you still want to, don't use it as an excuse to break Strategy forum guidelines.


Whats absolutely silly is that someone can post an OP and some basic things they need help with, with their Gold level replays, I can choose for my own good to watch better replays (like I dunno the GSL ones I'm paying for!). But if I don't watch those Gold replays (or at least if I say I don't), and give them any advice, thats a warning? You can be helpful and poignant without always watching the replay. But instead I guess I will just completely avoid this part of the board because giving helpful advice to someone isn't worth getting a warning.


The thing is you are not actually helping this gold level player without watching the replay because they are usually to stupid to say what the actual problem is and you just acting like you know without watching the replay isnt helping, if you dont want to watch gold level replays than just dont help newbs on the strategys forums.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 16 2011 15:06 GMT
#31
Thank you for posting this zatic. It is a occurrence that has been bothering me quite a lot as well and I hope there will be an increase in temp bans and decrease in ambiguous advice in the strategy forum.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
BlueSpace
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany2182 Posts
June 16 2011 15:09 GMT
#32
I read and post at work but I agree that this cannot be an excuse. Also most of the time I read threads and people say that they will post a replay later... they never do.

I also really dislike post that start out by saying: "I didn't watch your replays, but you should do...".
Probe1: "Because people are opinionated and love to share their thoughts. Then they read someone else agree with them and get their opinion confused with fact."
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
June 16 2011 15:10 GMT
#33
I agree with this initiative! Won't lie though, I have at times been one of those guys you can't watch the replay at work but from now on I will hold my tongue instead of giving advice

Also I just realized your icon is a mule. It is so cool. I always thought it was some kind of Z-bot or w/e o_0
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
fire_brand
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1123 Posts
June 16 2011 15:12 GMT
#34
I think you guys might have to just state, no posting from work because it seems like people are already not getting this T.T Every time I read I'm at work so I can't watch this I think to myself, "then don't post". Thanks for explicitly stating this guys : )
Random player, pixel enthusiast, crappy illustrator, offlane/support
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 16 2011 15:12 GMT
#35
There's always an alternative to posting immediately, like bookmarking it and checking it at home!
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
neSix
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1772 Posts
June 16 2011 15:21 GMT
#36
Thank god someone finally noticed! I didn't want to be the one to complain, but those "I'm at school/work/etc" posts have been driving me insane.
homeless_guy
Profile Joined June 2005
United States321 Posts
June 16 2011 15:23 GMT
#37
To obviate this issue, I'm just going to have to install SC2 on my work computer.
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
June 16 2011 15:37 GMT
#38
In defense of the "at work" people I am one of those people who browses TL throughout my entire day at work. I have maybe posted once or twice where I couldn't watch the replay. Though I personally only do this to offer whatever help I can. Also I will probably forget about it when I get home and I will not go back and watch that persons replay or comment at all. Since it is causing quite a bit of heartache I just will refrain from posting in the Strategy forum at work.
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Felo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany392 Posts
June 16 2011 15:42 GMT
#39
Generally I like the fact to clean that up more or less when it comes to creating threads (A good OP is absolutely neccessary in my opinion). When it comes to answering I see some things a little bit different tho.

Its obviously important to see the replay to get on about details and whatnot and I especially like comments like "lol, just go Carrier/HT vs Thor/Marine!" while the replay showcased a 1Thor-Push with a couple of Marines in the early game.

But! If theres a discussion starting around i.e. Compositions or certain behaviours (like "you should expand aggressively on TDA, unlike you were doing in that game") then I think that you can contribute to that discussion without watching the replay, because those are general facts.

tl;dr - I absolutely agree - only post OPs with Replays, only reply specific advice after watching a replay but I think you can still contribute to general discussion without seeing the replay.
EU GML P | Check my Stream (with commentary!) -> www.twitch.tv/xFelo
Artik
Profile Joined October 2010
United States71 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-16 15:47:02
June 16 2011 15:44 GMT
#40
I do have one question regarding all this. How should I handle posting if I legitmately cannot watch a replay but have something to contribute? I say this because I'm currently military and deployed so while I can browse TL I cannot easily download a replay and if it's on an updated map my current version of SC2 may not be able to load it. I've mostly been lurking and responding to other types of threads though I mention this just incase the situation arises. (Havne't really responded to any replay threads because of this)
Liberate me ex inferis
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings8
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1106
ZZZero.O 126
Bale 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5438
JimRising 725
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5590
Other Games
summit1g9846
FrodaN3164
KnowMe209
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie944
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 56m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 56m
Replay Cast
23h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.