• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7706 users

I'm at work ... - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
June 16 2011 20:14 GMT
#61
I'm all for it. When I see 'I'm at work' that means to me all theorycraft. A replay or stream watching, platinum level 'pro'. They know every angle of the game and have the best counters and strategies.

I feel like I'm one few and far inbetween that takes time to type up a decently well thought out post, with my personal experience into the information.


I'm all 100% for anything that gets rid of more theorycraft to me.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Navillus
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1188 Posts
June 16 2011 20:30 GMT
#62
I'm at work so I only skimmed the post and couldn't watch the replay but I would say that you first want to target their zealots with your stalkers then try to get their stalkers.
"TL gives excellent advice 99% of the time. The problem is no one listens to it." -Plexa
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
June 16 2011 21:31 GMT
#63
It's still not enough imo. Stupidity should be bannable - I won't be satisfied until then.
.Mthex-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States168 Posts
June 17 2011 00:32 GMT
#64
On June 17 2011 06:31 decaf wrote:
It's still not enough imo. Stupidity should be bannable - I won't be satisfied until then.


This, to a less extreme extent though.
"If you tricked him, then he is tricked" - Artosis
DontSpoilGSL
Profile Joined June 2011
2 Posts
June 17 2011 00:36 GMT
#65
I don't have time for this... Im at work too.

User was banned for this post.
WHY YOU SPOIL GSL, NEWB?
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 00:51:06
June 17 2011 00:46 GMT
#66
Totally agree zatic! I, for one, refrain from posting in the Strategy forum because I do not believe I am good enough to provide helpful advice, and considering that I have no idea how to download and watch someone else's replays, there's no point, is there?

EDIT: THIS IS THE STRATEGY FORUM GODDAMNIT KINETIK YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 00:53:01
June 17 2011 00:52 GMT
#67
and from this day forwards, people carried all their replays around on USB sticks so they could post [H] threads while at work

p.s. is this really your 35th rant? and if so, can I see the other 34? :D
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Wrongspeedy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1655 Posts
June 17 2011 00:58 GMT
#68
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 16 2011 23:42 Saechiis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2011 21:53 Wrongspeedy wrote:
On June 16 2011 20:08 zatic wrote:
Zatic's Strat Forum Rant #35

At work (Strategy)

At work (Closed)

This has been a minor nuisance before, but now it's becoming epidemic. I see so many people prefacing their posts with "I'm at work so can't watch replays but [...]", people writing their [H] thread only to end with "I'm at work will post replays later", and all kinds of variations like "at school", "at my mom's funeral", etc. ..

This shit needs to stop. "I'm at work" sets off all mod alarm bells in my head. If the post following your "I'm at work" is not outstanding it's basically an auto-warning / -ban. It's the Starcraft 2 Strategy equivalent of martyring.

For one you shouldn't be posting on TL while you are at work anyway, but that's your decision. Moreover though it shows disrespect to the OP, your fellow posters, and the mods holding this place together.
And I don't buy the "work" anyway half of you people claim to be at. Most just say this as a supposedly convenient way to get around posting or watching replays.

If you really happen to be at work and you happen to have enough time to write up a 5 page guide, then email it to yourself and post it from home when you have your replays. Same for giving advice. You are not helping anyone if you post without having watched the replay, and it's incredibly rude towards the person seeking help too.

So please. Don't operate TL when under the influence, or when you are at work. And if you still want to, don't use it as an excuse to break Strategy forum guidelines.


Whats absolutely silly is that someone can post an OP and some basic things they need help with, with their Gold level replays, I can choose for my own good to watch better replays (like I dunno the GSL ones I'm paying for!). But if I don't watch those Gold replays (or at least if I say I don't), and give them any advice, thats a warning? You can be helpful and poignant without always watching the replay. But instead I guess I will just completely avoid this part of the board because giving helpful advice to someone isn't worth getting a warning.


When you're done being victimized, take a look at the actual strategy forums and make a rough estimation of how many posts "from work, can't watch the replay" are helping people out. I'm a positive chap so I'm going to say 1%, but some would argue that they're of no value at all.

Explain to me how you can figure out someone's troubles in a matchup without watching his replays? Explain to me how it's useful when someone dies to a roach rush and you give generic advice of being agressive in TvZ and to make marines, since you haven't seen what actually happened ingame.


I have no problem with how they are trying to run this Forum. The only thing I feel victimized about is that someone can clearly say "well I'm not good at using infestors, so I don't use them herp derp, can you help me mass mutas better?" How is it not good advice to tell that person, "Well hey buddy, if you practice working with infestors your overall gameplay will improve?". I didn't need a replay to tell that to someone, but I don't care about getting a warning for that because I understand what their (Zatic and TL's) point is. But honestly what high level player (pro) has time to come onto these forums watch the replays of extremely low level play and then comment on how that person can get better. Thats my only problem with this, the people they want to post still cannot do so without breaking the rules they want to enforce. I understand they want fewers posts and more information, thats why I generally do not post in this part of the forum. I also do not comment on TvZ's because I do not play T or Z.

My point still remains that you can help someone improve by reading what they have to say, sure you have a much better understanding if you watch the replay, but I also seriously doubt the kind of people they want posting, are the people taking time to watch Gold< replays. I totally agree that this part of the forum would be much better with fewer OP's and fewer posts in each OP. But just because I don't 100% agree with this doesn't mean I'm spamming shit posts all over the Strategy forum. I think I'm allowed to be a little butt hurt when I post less than once a month in the Strategy forum, and I have something constructive and NOT rude to say, and I can still get warned. Its not a big deal to me, just means I will visit Strategy even less than I did before. And never post.
It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.- John Stuart Mill
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
June 17 2011 01:01 GMT
#69
On June 17 2011 06:31 decaf wrote:
It's still not enough imo. Stupidity should be bannable - I won't be satisfied until then.


See, courts can't jail people for stupidity because they don't have a definition or way to prove "stupidity", but TL has no court system....
I like this idea, one of TL's demandments should be 'don't be dumb'.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
nonethewiser
Profile Joined January 2011
United States53 Posts
June 17 2011 01:01 GMT
#70
I feel like the moderation in this forum has been a bit more lax as of late in general. I don't want to piss on the mods - thank you for all of the work that you do. I also haven't been here long enough (as a poster and not a lurker) to complain, but I would love to see the admins step it up a bit.

The percentage of posters who clearly do not read the OP and comment without context is getting out of hand. Maybe we can work to self-police ourselves a little bit to make this forum a bit more relevant.
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
June 17 2011 01:04 GMT
#71
I saw this post on the sidebar and wondered how long it would take to get closed. ^^

This is a good thing. It's one of the things that really irritates me a lot of the time while reading the strat forum. I personally have gotten a temp ban for making a shitty post in here, and now I post better. I can only hope that this kind of thing helps that process along for others, because trying to give advice without watching a replay can actually hurt someone rather than help.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
June 17 2011 01:07 GMT
#72
My sincere thanks for slaying so many pathetic posts in this evil onslaught. Thou art thy guiding light in this tremendous battle against post lacking in both thought and time. Without you the SC2 strategy forum would be a hugely contagious plague of effortlessness (PLAGUU!!!!).

In short: Keep up the good work!
Zariel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1312 Posts
June 17 2011 01:07 GMT
#73
path of a starcraft addict....

during the day, he will troll the forums merely to keep the demon at bay.... but it is only a matter of time until sundown or the clock ticks 5:30pm is when the demon will overpower you and tell you to run home and play...


not like I watch sc2 replays of people builds and demise, I usually imagine how they turn out. The @ work thing is annoying, but understandable, I mean, who the hell really wants to watch replays (not really professional) at home unless they're that bored
sup
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
June 17 2011 01:08 GMT
#74
Simple question here:

This only applies to the strategy forum?

For example in the General Thread there are topics that have video links and the such which I cannot watch at my work. Obviosuly for strat feedback this makes sense, this is just a clarification.

Thanks!
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
June 17 2011 01:14 GMT
#75
i'm at work

i can watch replays at work though
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
June 17 2011 01:16 GMT
#76
On June 17 2011 10:01 Soluhwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2011 06:31 decaf wrote:
It's still not enough imo. Stupidity should be bannable - I won't be satisfied until then.


See, courts can't jail people for stupidity because they don't have a definition or way to prove "stupidity", but TL has no court system....
I like this idea, one of TL's demandments should be 'don't be dumb'.

pretty sure commandment #3 is exactly this
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
June 17 2011 01:39 GMT
#77
Zatic, if you're at work why are you even posting? Shouldn't you be working?
I couldn't read the thread because I'm on my phone.

+ Show Spoiler +
I completely agree with this OP, BTW.



On June 17 2011 10:14 Hot_Bid wrote:
i'm at work

i can watch replays at work though


Your trolling standards have declined. Not even spoilers in the last line? Seriously?
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
MrInocence
Profile Joined February 2010
United States172 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 01:44:45
June 17 2011 01:43 GMT
#78
better delete this before the banhammer comes around the corner!
MrInocence, Monday, 1st of March 2010 - Tuesday, 2nd of October 2015
quirky2000
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia50 Posts
June 17 2011 01:53 GMT
#79
On June 16 2011 20:34 Saracen wrote:
I was going to close this when I saw it on the sidebar lol...

This post isn't to say you can't browse TL from work/school/wherever. It means that you shouldn't be giving advice or asking for help in the Strategy Forum when you don't have access to the basic resources required to make an acceptable post. If you can watch replays and thus give helpful advice while at work, then more power to you. But don't use being at work as an excuse to not follow the forum guidelines.


As soon as I saw this thread in the sidebar I thought 'here's a thread-close waiting to happen', guess that confirms it!

Having said that, I couldn't agree more zatic, I can't think of the amount of times I've read a questionable strat, but held off from saying anything simply because I didn't have access to the replay (yeah, I'm at work now, and most of my time spent on the TL forums is at work).

Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
June 17 2011 03:04 GMT
#80
On June 17 2011 10:39 sinani206 wrote:
Zatic, if you're at work why are you even posting? Shouldn't you be working?
I couldn't read the thread because I'm on my phone.

+ Show Spoiler +
I completely agree with this OP, BTW.



Show nested quote +
On June 17 2011 10:14 Hot_Bid wrote:
i'm at work

i can watch replays at work though


Your trolling standards have declined. Not even spoilers in the last line? Seriously?

I need to stop believing Hot_Bid when he posts stuff like this. I actually believed him for about ten seconds.

God I am so gullible...
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1541
WardiTV885
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8090
Bisu 2684
FanTaSy 2619
Jaedong 1579
Shuttle 1400
Horang2 671
EffOrt 519
BeSt 434
Stork 328
actioN 323
[ Show more ]
Larva 322
Mini 254
Mind 111
Barracks 104
Zeus 103
910 95
Sea.KH 70
Snow 67
Mong 57
hero 40
ToSsGirL 38
Sexy 31
Bale 30
Shinee 29
soO 27
Killer 26
sorry 26
JYJ 24
Aegong 22
Yoon 22
Free 19
HiyA 18
Shine 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 8
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4826
qojqva1983
Dendi1041
febbydoto33
Counter-Strike
fl0m1716
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko473
Other Games
singsing2714
olofmeister1153
hiko1058
B2W.Neo709
Livibee650
crisheroes339
XaKoH 290
XBOCT233
Pyrionflax216
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE59
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2601
• Jankos2070
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 18m
Replay Cast
9h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.