• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8217 users

Z v P Ling/Bling/Infestor/Ultra - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
March 13 2011 17:08 GMT
#121
Hi I use this strat since you have posted it right here and everything was excellent until I got better enemies. A good P usually scouts what I do and while morphing my hive he pushes with 2-3 collosi and some gateway units and quickly own me. I cannot touch him just because of ff. What should I do?
Be the change you want to see in the world.
magha
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands427 Posts
March 13 2011 17:19 GMT
#122
On March 14 2011 02:08 Netto. wrote:
Hi I use this strat since you have posted it right here and everything was excellent until I got better enemies. A good P usually scouts what I do and while morphing my hive he pushes with 2-3 collosi and some gateway units and quickly own me. I cannot touch him just because of ff. What should I do?

Get faster Ultras
ttQQtt
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany50 Posts
March 13 2011 17:41 GMT
#123
i think 2 base timing pushes with 2-3 colossi and +1 will hit before ultras are out. i have the matches of ace at the iem in mind.
"I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - White-Ra
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
March 13 2011 18:43 GMT
#124
i normaly have ultras out before he has more than 2 colloses ecxept if he makes nexus first (what ace did) then you have to make more army before teching to hive
www.prototype-gaming.de
Harbinger631
Profile Joined September 2010
United States376 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 18:49:18
March 13 2011 18:48 GMT
#125
Whoa, this looks really good. I get victimized by forcefields too often.
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
March 13 2011 19:51 GMT
#126
I can take my 3rd or faster ultras with less army but it is all in and if you get killed it is gg.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
March 13 2011 19:53 GMT
#127
you should try to get them out at about 14 minutes in a "normal" game
www.prototype-gaming.de
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
March 16 2011 06:30 GMT
#128
I get the feeling this requires pretty good creep spread in general - ultralisks tend to get manhandled if there's no creep anywhere. That noted, when should you grab the extra queen? The early lair makes it tricky to even get 2 queens.

I'm not certain I like the hydra den though. Don't roaches feel like they might mesh better with banelings? Don't you want something that absorbs in the early/mid game rather than a DPSer since banelings are already a ton of front-loaded damage.

In case of Stargate, Pit+queens is enough for air defense imo. Only need hydras added on if they're trying to make like >5 void rays or >8 phoenix. Skipping hydra den saves gas - roaches cost less, and the important upgrade (roach speed vs hydra range) is cheaper. 6gates can be stopped easily with roach-ling + a couple spines so sentries dont manhandle you. Banelings probably make this even more effective of a defense. Spines are cheap, just 1 larva+150min. Don't forget to move them as the game goes on and you have better places to put them (I like defending third/4th with them if army is hanging about the nat, or you can set up a bunch for a midgame stalling technique)

Really like the idea of this playstyle, going to adapt it to hatch first (when toss doesn't manage to block your hatch)
General order I want to follow with this, I'll hammer out timings in a bit:
Hatch Pool Gas (15 15 17 is ideal. 14 14 16 is acceptable.)
2xqueen, Speed Banelingnest, first evo chamber
3rd queen, lair if not getting 4gated, 4 gasses, second evo chamber
(Hydra den or roach warren), Banespeed, melee+carapace upgrades, third base (6 gasses immediately after third finishes)
Infestation pit if not getting 6gated, followed immediately by hive
Ultralisk cavern
Vaporized
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 07:32:16
March 16 2011 07:25 GMT
#129
On March 16 2011 15:30 sylverfyre wrote:
I get the feeling this requires pretty good creep spread in general - ultralisks tend to get manhandled if there's no creep anywhere. That noted, when should you grab the extra queen? The early lair makes it tricky to even get 2 queens.

I'm not certain I like the hydra den though. Don't roaches feel like they might mesh better with banelings? Don't you want something that absorbs in the early/mid game rather than a DPSer since banelings are already a ton of front-loaded damage.

In case of Stargate, Pit+queens is enough for air defense imo. Only need hydras added on if they're trying to make like >5 void rays or >8 phoenix. Skipping hydra den saves gas - roaches cost less, and the important upgrade (roach speed vs hydra range) is cheaper. 6gates can be stopped easily with roach-ling + a couple spines so sentries dont manhandle you. Banelings probably make this even more effective of a defense. Spines are cheap, just 1 larva+150min. Don't forget to move them as the game goes on and you have better places to put them (I like defending third/4th with them if army is hanging about the nat, or you can set up a bunch for a midgame stalling technique)

Really like the idea of this playstyle, going to adapt it to hatch first (when toss doesn't manage to block your hatch)
General order I want to follow with this, I'll hammer out timings in a bit:
Hatch Pool Gas (15 15 17 is ideal. 14 14 16 is acceptable.)
2xqueen, Speed Banelingnest, first evo chamber
3rd queen, lair if not getting 4gated, 4 gasses, second evo chamber
(Hydra den or roach warren), Banespeed, melee+carapace upgrades, third base (6 gasses immediately after third finishes)
Infestation pit if not getting 6gated, followed immediately by hive
Ultralisk cavern


muck's build is very well thought out. (b)ling/hydra/spine crushes 6 gate. this is important because it allows you to kill his army while preserving most of yours, which makes your late game push stronger. roaches cant shoot up, hydras are your air defense\vr killers. plus ultra/ling tanks better then roaches, and does more dps.

i think something has to be said for the supply roach vs hydra too. if i have two 175 food armies, ling/bling/ultra/infestor, but the last 30 food of each is different. one is 15 roaches and one is 15 hydras. if resources arent an issue, and collosus will not get more then a few shots off, hydras are suddenly much much better in this situation. they can shoot up, which the roach army can't do besides infested terrans, their dps and range are also higher. the range is huge, hydras stand in the back and shoot shit, roaches get bunched up and run around, or you will have one nice firing arc, but the rest run around behind them.

in this unit composition, hydras play a critical role. i wouldnt replace them, especially with roaches.

and hatching first zvp is a headache not worth dealing with.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
March 16 2011 15:58 GMT
#130
Apparently you and I have completely different opinions on hydras. I still find them to be a terrible unit, even when you have them behind something to "tank" damage. Even when there's air units you have to deal with - I prefer dealing with those via queen and infestor. Hell, in a comp that gets ultras, getting extra queens seems glorious, because transfuse is gonna be brilliant.

Basically, that "If colossus will not get more than a few shots off" situation is NOT something I ever want to bet on. I'll take the 15 roaches. If ANYTHING gets to do damage to your hydras for like... 1 second, you're taking losses. This holds true for holding off that 6gate - I feel more comfortable with holding off a 6gate with roaches and not hydras, particularly if I want to get through it while *preserving as much of my army as possible*
Psychlone
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada90 Posts
March 16 2011 17:08 GMT
#131
On March 17 2011 00:58 sylverfyre wrote:
Apparently you and I have completely different opinions on hydras. I still find them to be a terrible unit, even when you have them behind something to "tank" damage. Even when there's air units you have to deal with - I prefer dealing with those via queen and infestor. Hell, in a comp that gets ultras, getting extra queens seems glorious, because transfuse is gonna be brilliant.

Basically, that "If colossus will not get more than a few shots off" situation is NOT something I ever want to bet on. I'll take the 15 roaches. If ANYTHING gets to do damage to your hydras for like... 1 second, you're taking losses. This holds true for holding off that 6gate - I feel more comfortable with holding off a 6gate with roaches and not hydras, particularly if I want to get through it while *preserving as much of my army as possible*


Do the build properly and you will see that Colossi only get a few shots on Ultras that do nothing before they're chewed into tidbits.
Zoia
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States419 Posts
March 16 2011 17:11 GMT
#132
I hate reading these things at school makes me want to run home and try it out
www.twitch.tv/starcraftsquad - Caster for Playhem.tv
Title11
Profile Joined February 2011
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 17:55:10
March 16 2011 17:39 GMT
#133
I love this build. I've used it since I watched Mr Bitter's video with aquanda.

http://mrbitter.blip.tv/file/4801193/

I think an important thing to note that this build requires aggressively expanding and very fast upgrades for the melee units. Mobility is how this build wins. The lings are so fast that every time he tries to push out you can really punish his expansions with lings. You win by outproducing the toss. With all the hatches up, you can make lings much faster than they can warp in sentries, and the ultras just eat collosi. Voids aren't as much of a problem as you would think, because you can kill his ground army so fast, and then clean up with hydras (or late game some corruptors). If he goes mass voids, then in essence you've already won because you've forced him to avoid the dreaded death ball and can feel much safer about producing hydras.

Fear the HT, though.
He thinks he's people!
Psychlone
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada90 Posts
March 16 2011 18:25 GMT
#134
What I like about the build that's different from Aquanda's is that by showing Toss the Hydras, he thinks he's safe going Colossus. Little does he know...

Also, the hydras are so amazing at defending heavy gateway pushes behind one or 2 spines. They don't care much about forcefields then.

Aquanda goes Corruptors in the midgame, which is ok I guess, but he's having problems with turtling Ps, which InControl said is the adequate response vs heavy ling-bane opening. The builds are very different. Aquanda stays on Tier 1 much longer.
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
March 18 2011 14:42 GMT
#135
its completly different the only thing these bo`s have in common is to use banes against toss
www.prototype-gaming.de
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 855
SteadfastSC545
EnkiAlexander 65
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 545
ZombieGrub137
JuggernautJason65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23862
Soulkey 291
Mini 163
White-Ra 139
Trap 25
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 21
NotJumperer 19
League of Legends
Doublelift940
Counter-Strike
fl0m1081
shoxiejesuss610
C9.Mang0177
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2544
Liquid`Hasu1932
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1691
B2W.Neo527
shahzam236
Pyrionflax178
UpATreeSC77
Chillindude61
Dewaltoss52
Trikslyr46
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream101
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV320
League of Legends
• TFBlade1016
• Noizen235
Other Games
• imaqtpie1103
• Scarra741
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 54m
OSC
16h 54m
Stellar Fest
16h 54m
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.