• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:41
CEST 17:41
KST 00:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9422 users

Z v P Ling/Bling/Infestor/Ultra - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Alphasquad
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria505 Posts
March 09 2011 19:25 GMT
#101
storm and immortal is probably the best overall protoss strategy and should also be a good choice in this situation
abax
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway13 Posts
March 09 2011 19:39 GMT
#102
The options you get from the build are really good tho. more hydras if you see stargates, ling/bling if you see the more typical gateway / colo ball.

I don't have so many problem with 4gates because I decide pretty early to stop drone production and mass lings when I see the signs, but this may be on account of that I'm only in diamond(~3k)

The thing I feel weak to is like a 6gate with a lot of sentries. I haven't watched all the replays but could you give an idea of what you do in those situation Muck?

This build seems fairly solid against Terran aswell, but you swap the hydraden out with spire abit later (around hive tech timeing). Obviously it's fairly close to the Mr bitter ZvT build.

Feels pretty good that we have a somewhat universal ZvT/P build. =)
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-09 20:04:40
March 09 2011 19:51 GMT
#103
mhm the last replay i posted he tried a 5gate push (nor really a 6 gate but ..^^)
if you know he makes 6 gate you have to morph banes and build some more hydras you can even pull some drones if you feel like you cant hold it
i normaly i atack him -->he makes some forcefields and some banes get behind the forcefields then i go back with the rest of my army and do this again and again^^ and build units in the meantime
or hes to sutipd to make good forcefields and i win
but 6 gate can be real hard if unscoutet
in my last replay on site 4 you can see i have two bases saturated and still have about 2 minutes left to build army only for defendign a 6 gate
www.prototype-gaming.de
ssregitoss
Profile Joined September 2004
Turkey241 Posts
March 09 2011 20:04 GMT
#104
i went to collo centry stalkr with 160 limit in 4 seconds i had 80 supply.then i switch to voidrays he switch to hydra infestor ultra. GG.is there a way? pls dont tell me good force filed stuff.he bombed me baneling on my death ball and infront 100 lings back 50 bling.
brum
Profile Joined January 2011
Hungary187 Posts
March 09 2011 20:17 GMT
#105
Now that i have a build that can win zvp i'm never getting matched up against P.
malphigian
Profile Joined September 2010
United States68 Posts
March 09 2011 23:40 GMT
#106
On February 28 2011 01:24 MucK wrote:
uploaded another few games


Muck -- any chance of a reupload of your replays? All of them seem to currently say this "Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached" -- would love to check some of them out.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
March 10 2011 10:27 GMT
#107
Heh muck small world. I found this thread cause I was looking for the thread which discusses robo ht openings... That is a lot more fun to do than collosux openings. I was actually playing against you in the zerg strategy chatroom and then you played against one of my toss practice partners and he beat you using this weird mass gate strategy. I lose a lot to it as well when I try the sling bling build. When I watched the replay he had a lot of room for error, even though you had dropped almost perfectly over his army he actively tried to split his army as much as possible. He makes like 7+ gateways and splits his army very well. And during one of his pushes he gets his 3rd while switching to collosus. It's just hard to deal with, and I'm wondering how you would deal with it in the future? I don't think you really have time to switch to roaches and switch to roach bling drops (Though I think that's the answer-- The problem is as usual scouting the number of gateways he has). And yeah could you reupload your replays as well?
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
apalemorning
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada509 Posts
March 10 2011 12:43 GMT
#108
On March 10 2011 04:14 evoKe` wrote:
I experienced a similar if not the same play from a Zerg early today. I lost pretty hard considering my computer went on standby a minute into the game, a bug bit a huge chunk out of me in the beginning of the game, and I was confused even though I obviously scouted what he was doing.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/148394-1v1-protoss-zerg-backwater-gulch

It was just mass lings with around 5-6 queens by the time my phoenix tried to harass him. I think the scary part of this strat is that he can go any tech that he chooses after getting rid of his lings, he can bling bomb me any time he wants, and well... speedlings are just so good. He then transitioned easily into ultras after he destroyed my army.

Can anyone give tips on what's the correct way to respond to this? I was thinking storms and archons might be a good tech to go after spotting it but I don't think air would be good just because he can either switch to hydras or just overrun me with lings.

I was thinking if I do go a Coli build, maybe I can spread my army better and place forcefields in front is what I should of done.

Also, feedback on my play would be greatly appreciated. This is around 3.1k masters.

Thanks.

how that zerg was 3.1k masters is beyond me. 2k/2k mins/gas? i can keep my minerals below 300/300 (C broodwar player) and i can;t seem to push masters. aggravating as fuck.

protip: use archons/storm vs that. srsly.
immortal/roach is pretty good against stalkers
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 16:59:52
March 10 2011 16:57 GMT
#109
On March 10 2011 19:27 Warrior Madness wrote:
Heh muck small world. I found this thread cause I was looking for the thread which discusses robo ht openings... That is a lot more fun to do than collosux openings. I was actually playing against you in the zerg strategy chatroom and then you played against one of my toss practice partners and he beat you using this weird mass gate strategy. I lose a lot to it as well when I try the sling bling build. When I watched the replay he had a lot of room for error, even though you had dropped almost perfectly over his army he actively tried to split his army as much as possible. He makes like 7+ gateways and splits his army very well. And during one of his pushes he gets his 3rd while switching to collosus. It's just hard to deal with, and I'm wondering how you would deal with it in the future? I don't think you really have time to switch to roaches and switch to roach bling drops (Though I think that's the answer-- The problem is as usual scouting the number of gateways he has). And yeah could you reupload your replays as well?

Oo i never played you sry and im on the eu server not na ^^
and i almost NEVER drop and i was never in the zerg strategy channel
maybe another one with this name

replaypack 1 older
pack 2 new
www.prototype-gaming.de
Alphasquad
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria505 Posts
March 10 2011 17:00 GMT
#110
On March 10 2011 21:43 apalemorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 04:14 evoKe` wrote:
I experienced a similar if not the same play from a Zerg early today. I lost pretty hard considering my computer went on standby a minute into the game, a bug bit a huge chunk out of me in the beginning of the game, and I was confused even though I obviously scouted what he was doing.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/148394-1v1-protoss-zerg-backwater-gulch

It was just mass lings with around 5-6 queens by the time my phoenix tried to harass him. I think the scary part of this strat is that he can go any tech that he chooses after getting rid of his lings, he can bling bomb me any time he wants, and well... speedlings are just so good. He then transitioned easily into ultras after he destroyed my army.

Can anyone give tips on what's the correct way to respond to this? I was thinking storms and archons might be a good tech to go after spotting it but I don't think air would be good just because he can either switch to hydras or just overrun me with lings.

I was thinking if I do go a Coli build, maybe I can spread my army better and place forcefields in front is what I should of done.

Also, feedback on my play would be greatly appreciated. This is around 3.1k masters.

Thanks.

how that zerg was 3.1k masters is beyond me. 2k/2k mins/gas? i can keep my minerals below 300/300 (C broodwar player) and i can;t seem to push masters. aggravating as fuck.

protip: use archons/storm vs that. srsly.


obviously the mistakes you make are more critical - maybe your resources are low but you make the wrong units
magha
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands427 Posts
March 10 2011 19:05 GMT
#111
Can you please reupload your 2nd replay pack?
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
March 10 2011 19:08 GMT
#112
pack 2
www.prototype-gaming.de
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12815 Posts
March 10 2011 20:30 GMT
#113
On February 25 2011 15:26 MrPrezbo wrote:
I'd just like to share a replay with y'all to let you know that this build works super well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fnv4g4oc353cmgb

The Toss needed an obs in my base a lot sooner, but as you'll see, he opened phoenix, and saw a spire, so he thought I was playing pretty much "standard." Much to his surprise, I wasn't.

And Muck, considering this is "your" build--as much as a build can belong to somebody--do you mind checking it out and giving me feedback as to my execution? He took an early third, and I was worried about it, But I decided to wait for the ultras anyway. Turns out, that was the right decision.

I am a 3100 "masters" zerg.



hahaha you dropped him of a 100 food lol!
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 21:48:27
March 10 2011 21:45 GMT
#114
On March 11 2011 01:57 MucK wrote:

Oo i never played you sry and im on the eu server not na ^^
and i almost NEVER drop and i was never in the zerg strategy channel
maybe another one with this name

replaypack 1 older
pack 2 new


Thanks for the updates. I'm sure it was you! It wasn't your name but you were actually smurfing on your platinum friends account and that you were a 3.2k master. Maybe is was someone different though
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
March 10 2011 21:46 GMT
#115
it really wasnt me ^^
www.prototype-gaming.de
magha
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands427 Posts
March 11 2011 16:41 GMT
#116
Been playing around with this and really like it. The fact that you go t3 on 2 bases with some hydras to me feels a lot safer and more solid than Aquanda's style where you take 3 bases before lair.
In early game with mass ling/bling and good flanks you should be able to hold off common builds, in midgame the addition of hydras and infestors give you a lot of flexibility and as you rush to ultras to break the forcefields for your banelings; it feels so refined and it's really fun to play.
I'm sure this build can be optimized a lot, especially when I play it, and there will probably be some timing attacks of Protoss which will be hard to hold, but so far I'm lovin it.
MucK
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany59 Posts
March 11 2011 16:57 GMT
#117
you shoudnt stay on 2 bases for to long (its normaly enough but..) you can take your 3rd base like you woul normaly do or even sonner its not supossed to be a 2 base allin (even when i think some people think it is xD)
i recently take it at about 8-9 minutes depending on the game a little bit latter
www.prototype-gaming.de
skinky
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden15 Posts
March 11 2011 19:24 GMT
#118
Creds for the replays! really cool ;D
okey
magha
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands427 Posts
March 11 2011 22:41 GMT
#119
On March 12 2011 01:57 MucK wrote:
you shoudnt stay on 2 bases for to long (its normaly enough but..) you can take your 3rd base like you woul normaly do or even sonner its not supossed to be a 2 base allin (even when i think some people think it is xD)
i recently take it at about 8-9 minutes depending on the game a little bit latter


Dont worry, I usually end up with like 5 bases. Just slightly uncomfortable teching to t3 ánd taking a third base.
magha
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands427 Posts
March 13 2011 14:43 GMT
#120
So this was a bit of a weird game (vs a ~3200 master Protoss). I didn't scout his 6gate and thought I was relatively safe to tech quickly, then when he moved out I thought I was done for, check the army values, screenshots should tell you the story well enough

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 424
SteadfastSC414
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech139
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42050
Jaedong 1116
Hyuk 1066
Soma 950
Mini 631
Horang2 579
EffOrt 536
BeSt 475
Larva 410
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Stork 224
Snow 220
Last 219
ggaemo 215
Rush 214
hero 80
Mind 70
Liquid`Ret 45
Sharp 41
Shinee 36
Free 35
Killer 35
Shine 29
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 20
HiyA 19
Trap 18
Rock 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi873
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2436
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE86
Mew2King57
Trikslyr27
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 18
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade679
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 19m
OSC
21h 19m
Stellar Fest
21h 19m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.