• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:53
CEST 20:53
KST 03:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11626 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 318

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 316 317 318 319 320 900 Next
foxKM
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
August 07 2011 05:05 GMT
#6341
How do some of you zerg players bounce to each hatchery to inject larva? Any specific macros you guys use?
padfoota
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Taiwan1571 Posts
August 07 2011 05:08 GMT
#6342
On August 07 2011 09:20 Soluhwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2011 06:16 Khenra wrote:
Do people actually use the 'Jump to last alert' button?

It seems unpractical as it sometimes jumps to the wrong spot when a building/unit has just finished, when you actually want to jump to where you're being attacked.

Right now I click the minimap to check on attacks. Should I be trying to use the 'Jump to alert' button instead?

No, that button is nearly useless. I've rebound space to "base camera" for larva inject purposes.


I use it a lot but i cant seem to remember why X_X
Stop procrastinating
Vod.kaholic
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1052 Posts
August 07 2011 05:10 GMT
#6343
On August 07 2011 14:05 foxKM wrote:
How do some of you zerg players bounce to each hatchery to inject larva? Any specific macros you guys use?


They use the base view hotkey. It's standard, and bound to 'backspace' by default. It cycles your screen focus between your main buildings (hatcheries, nexuses, or command centers/OCs/PFs). You can rebind to more comfortable/accessible hotkeys if you want (since backspace is a little out of the way for most of us.
._. \: |: /: .-. :\ :| :/ ._. They see me rolling...
Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
August 07 2011 05:22 GMT
#6344
how many fungals does it take to kill a roach? with or without armor upgrades or like how many fungals+roach shots= death... math formula? fungals stack right?
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
Xplitcit
Profile Joined October 2010
United States419 Posts
August 07 2011 05:26 GMT
#6345
Why is my memory so bad when it comes to sc2?
I always lose because I forget to put down something. For example, when a cloak banshee come, I wasted my scan and killed it. However, I don't remember to put down engi bay for the next banshee. This has happened a lot of times for a lot of other situations( something I forget to put down starport when dropping...) I mean I don;t have any memory problem since I do pretty well in school. Is this just a pressure thing or should I quit sc2?
It aint easy being crazy
foxKM
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
August 07 2011 05:28 GMT
#6346
On August 07 2011 14:26 Xplitcit wrote:
Why is my memory so bad when it comes to sc2?
I always lose because I forget to put down something. For example, when a cloak banshee come, I wasted my scan and killed it. However, I don't remember to put down engi bay for the next banshee. This has happened a lot of times for a lot of other situations( something I forget to put down starport when dropping...) I mean I don;t have any memory problem since I do pretty well in school. Is this just a pressure thing or should I quit sc2?


Honestly, I blamed my short term memory loss issue and I thought I should just quit sc2 too.
But strangely, I kinda got over it? As I played more games and practices more overtime, I found out that I'll now naturally react to things like that. I used to lose to things like that too, but now I just know what to do?
I think if you practice more you'll get used to reacting correctly.

Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 07 2011 05:29 GMT
#6347
On August 07 2011 14:22 Mvrio wrote:
how many fungals does it take to kill a roach? with or without armor upgrades or like how many fungals+roach shots= death... math formula? fungals stack right?

Armor doesn't effect spell damage, fungal does 47 damage to armored, fungals don't stack.

So it takes 4
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Xplitcit
Profile Joined October 2010
United States419 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 05:37:11
August 07 2011 05:31 GMT
#6348
On August 07 2011 14:28 foxKM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2011 14:26 Xplitcit wrote:
Why is my memory so bad when it comes to sc2?
I always lose because I forget to put down something. For example, when a cloak banshee come, I wasted my scan and killed it. However, I don't remember to put down engi bay for the next banshee. This has happened a lot of times for a lot of other situations( something I forget to put down starport when dropping...) I mean I don;t have any memory problem since I do pretty well in school. Is this just a pressure thing or should I quit sc2?


Honestly, I blamed my short term memory loss issue and I thought I should just quit sc2 too.
But strangely, I kinda got over it? As I played more games and practices more overtime, I found out that I'll now naturally react to things like that. I used to lose to things like that too, but now I just know what to do?
I think if you practice more you'll get used to reacting correctly.


So should I play more because experience allow me to react accordingly rather than remembering what to put down? I mean it's so frustrating. Like I know that I'm better than this. When I checked the replay, my mechanic was better, I had more scvs than him, I control the xel naga, and yet I lost to something that I should have defended. It's incredibly frustrated for me, almost driving me to the point of insanity.
It aint easy being crazy
13th Marine
Profile Joined January 2011
United States344 Posts
August 07 2011 05:31 GMT
#6349
Is there a single build new Zerg players can use to learn how to play, up until the point at which there is a need to specialize for each match up? I've returned to the swarm but I can't figure out a build quite like the 2 Rax FE I used for every match up until I needed to diversify when working on my Terran play.
Bomber | BoxeR | Dear | Flash | fOrGG | HerO | INnoVation | Jaedong | Life | MarineKing | Maru | MMA | MVP | NaDa | Polt | Taeja
foxKM
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
August 07 2011 05:46 GMT
#6350

[/QUOTE]
So should I play more because experience allow me to react accordingly rather than remembering what to put down? I mean it's so frustrating. Like I know that I'm better than this. When I checked the replay, my mechanic was better, I had more scvs than him, I control the xel naga, and yet I lost to something that I should have defended. It's incredibly frustrated for me, almost driving me to the point of insanity.[/QUOTE]

Well okay now that I think about it, it works both way.
Yes, playing more will help you react accordingly, but not if you blindly do it. Your not going to remember to place an engineering bay down or to fix that bunker that's being killed by zerglings without helping yourself to it.
So the more you play, and the more you react right, the more natural it'll become, eventually, you won't even have to think about doing it.
And btw, experience is sorta your memory, all those times you experienced a cloak banshee, you'll remember to put an engineering bay down, so yeah.
Don't blame your forgetfulness, because I got over it, to a point where I react kinda naturally to things, and I have bad bad memory, like, losing your glasses one day, and then your cellphone another day memory. LOL.

Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
August 07 2011 05:46 GMT
#6351
On August 07 2011 14:29 Soluhwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2011 14:22 Mvrio wrote:
how many fungals does it take to kill a roach? with or without armor upgrades or like how many fungals+roach shots= death... math formula? fungals stack right?

Armor doesn't effect spell damage, fungal does 47 damage to armored, fungals don't stack.

So it takes 4


so I have to wait for one to finish than cast another? Thanks
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
foxKM
Profile Joined August 2011
United States8 Posts
August 07 2011 05:50 GMT
#6352
On August 07 2011 14:31 13th Marine wrote:
Is there a single build new Zerg players can use to learn how to play, up until the point at which there is a need to specialize for each match up? I've returned to the swarm but I can't figure out a build quite like the 2 Rax FE I used for every match up until I needed to diversify when working on my Terran play.


Zerg doesn't necessarily have builds, but they do have openers. You can open up a certain way, such as 13 pools, 14 gas, 15 hatch, or 14 hatch, 14 pool, and etc.
But later on, zerg is more of a reactionary race. You see what your opponent builds, and you try to counter it. Marines? Okay build banelings or infestors with some lings. Voidrays and stalkers? Hydras. Things like that.
I'm not talking about massing things though, just try to counter what they have. If you see marines, don't just mass up on banelings, add in some speedlings you know?
Just react accordingly.
ZergGrandma
Profile Joined March 2011
5 Posts
August 07 2011 08:28 GMT
#6353

1) As I said in my post, the terran was opening with a very agressively oriented 2rax and wanted to know if you were close air, because if you were then you could place your second barracks where your opponent did and float it to the low ground

2) You should check if your opponent's CC is there, because if it isn't then you need to send your overlord elsewhere

1)Thank for clarification. So I suppose he had some kind of plan for this game (2 rax rush) for close air positions and first of all decided to check this destination. Zerg's openings (15 hatch) vs terr is so predictable that he even didn't scout me... (
2) I would not agree in this case. I mean that only thing I am interested in is if he planted refinery. So over must arrive abt. 2:00-2:10 to his base. I think there's no need to send over directly to his base cause this makes his scouting much easer. You say that it is necessary to send over elsewhere. This is too dangerous cause if you fail to find your opponend on close air pos. some clever terrs send 1 marine to find this over.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 16:20:15
August 07 2011 11:27 GMT
#6354
What upgrades are more important if i'm going 1 Rax FE in TvP?

Should i do stim or combat shields first with my first techlab?

Or should i do conc. shells before the stim/combat?

I mean the 1 Rax FE into 3 Rax build and i only get one techlab early to upgrade. In fact i have to decide which upgrade first.

And it +1 attack more important/effective than combat shield?
SpaNkinG
Profile Joined May 2010
Turkey89 Posts
August 07 2011 16:32 GMT
#6355
where and how to install the US client for SC2?
(currenty i have the EU client only )
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
LordYama
Profile Joined August 2010
United States370 Posts
August 07 2011 17:03 GMT
#6356
Q: If you plug in a "standard" USB mouse and keyboard (configured as for a Windows system) into an iMac, will they keys function as they did on a PC system? Specifically Ctrl and Shift keys, and the mouse buttons on a typical Logitech type mouse?

Q: In this type of setup, will mouse acceleration and feel be similar to a PC/Windows setup or not?
LordYama
Profile Joined August 2010
United States370 Posts
August 07 2011 17:18 GMT
#6357
Q: If I attack a building structure with workers (for example a pylon or cannon warping in for a cannon rush), does my ability to kill it before it forms with a given number of workers vary depending on when I start attacking it? I guess I'm asking whether the rate at which the building accumulates hit points accelerates during the process or does it remain constant, I assume the damage output per worker is constant.
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
August 07 2011 17:43 GMT
#6358
On August 08 2011 02:18 LordYama wrote:
Q: If I attack a building structure with workers (for example a pylon or cannon warping in for a cannon rush), does my ability to kill it before it forms with a given number of workers vary depending on when I start attacking it? I guess I'm asking whether the rate at which the building accumulates hit points accelerates during the process or does it remain constant, I assume the damage output per worker is constant.


It's constant, but the amount of workers you need in order to kill before it forms does depend on when you start attacking it. Wait longer, and you have to kill more HP over less time, so you have to use more workers etc.
phiinix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1169 Posts
August 07 2011 17:46 GMT
#6359
On August 08 2011 02:18 LordYama wrote:
Q: If I attack a building structure with workers (for example a pylon or cannon warping in for a cannon rush), does my ability to kill it before it forms with a given number of workers vary depending on when I start attacking it? I guess I'm asking whether the rate at which the building accumulates hit points accelerates during the process or does it remain constant, I assume the damage output per worker is constant.


buildings build at constant rates
LordYama
Profile Joined August 2010
United States370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-07 18:02:45
August 07 2011 17:50 GMT
#6360
On August 08 2011 02:43 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 02:18 LordYama wrote:
Q: If I attack a building structure with workers (for example a pylon or cannon warping in for a cannon rush), does my ability to kill it before it forms with a given number of workers vary depending on when I start attacking it? I guess I'm asking whether the rate at which the building accumulates hit points accelerates during the process or does it remain constant, I assume the damage output per worker is constant.


It's constant, but the amount of workers you need in order to kill before it forms does depend on when you start attacking it. Wait longer, and you have to kill more HP over less time, so you have to use more workers etc.


But then it doesn't sound like it's constant? For instance, if 4 workers can prevent a cannon forming, then that means the damage output of 4 workers is greater than the rate at which the cannon accumulates hitpoints while warping in. Even if the cannon is 99 percent done when the workers start hitting it, it should still be eventually destroyed although it would take longer since there are more hitpoints to burn through, but it should stop gaining hitpoints and start losing hitpoints once attacked.

Edit: Thanks, phijinx.

Double Edit: I just tested this on a unit test map, and it seems that Derez is right which would imply that it's more complicated than a constant build rate. Specifically the fact that both shield points and regular hitpoints build up on Protoss structures and have to be worked through seems to affect the process. If I hit a warping cannon immediately as it starts, 3 workers are good enough to prevent it forming. If I hit it slightly later in the process, 4 workers works. If I wait until the blue "build" bar is half done, then even with 5 workers, the cannon just completes and gets off a single shot before dying. Interesting.

Same thing with a pylon. If I hit it early, 7 workers prevents it ever forming, if I start halfway through it actually finishes and is alive briefly.
Prev 1 316 317 318 319 320 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1198
TKL 434
IndyStarCraft 290
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1174
ByuN 490
TKL 409
IndyStarCraft 278
Reynor 237
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28224
Calm 2500
Shuttle 376
Mini 173
White-Ra 144
firebathero 93
Mong 55
scan(afreeca) 22
soO 14
Sacsri 6
[ Show more ]
ZZZero.O 4
Dota 2
Gorgc11268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3599
Liquid`Hasu490
MindelVK6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2321
fl0m2091
FrodaN1737
summit1g1022
olofmeister842
B2W.Neo788
Khaldor448
Beastyqt294
crisheroes169
Livibee164
Mew2King72
ToD61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
BasetradeTV180
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 11
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach57
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie1174
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
7m
BSL Open Qualifier
7m
OSC
4h 7m
Replay Cast
4h 7m
OSC
17h 7m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.