• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6836 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 316

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 314 315 316 317 318 900 Next
Aletheia27
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States267 Posts
August 05 2011 19:56 GMT
#6301
On August 06 2011 04:54 Vul wrote:
What's the tasteless build?

It's a joke.
I am that I am
Vul
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States685 Posts
August 05 2011 19:58 GMT
#6302
On August 06 2011 04:56 Aletheia27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 04:54 Vul wrote:
What's the tasteless build?

It's a joke.


Nevermind, I couldn't find it here but I found it on reddit. I kept hearing them joke about it but wasn't sure where it came from. Apparently originally it was 1-1-1 raven build but now it's a joke, thanks!
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 05 2011 21:49 GMT
#6303
On August 06 2011 04:37 Gwaltgw wrote:
How is a 3 gate sentry expand better than a forge fe in pvz?

I'd say it isn't but some people would disagree with me. Some people prefer the ability to put on aggression faster, with the drawback of a worse economy behind it I guess. I personally just believe that gate first builds make the match-up more coin-flippy.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
GuardianEU
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands488 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 22:13:44
August 05 2011 22:13 GMT
#6304
Is muta ling a viable main style of play in ZvP these days?
And how would one go about getting there?

I've read Plexa's thread but it's pretty old and possibly outdated.
Standard.
SpaNkinG
Profile Joined May 2010
Turkey89 Posts
August 05 2011 22:22 GMT
#6305
which graphix setting i have to improve to see forcefields better?
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 05 2011 22:40 GMT
#6306
On August 06 2011 07:22 SpaNkinG wrote:
which graphix setting i have to improve to see forcefields better?


This seems like something you could test yourself-- but what gfx settings do you currently have? An easy way to test this is to make a quick replay with a forcefield, then change your gfx, then load the replay, to figure out what works best for you and your monitor. Things that probably affect it: Anti-Aliasing, 3d/effects, general graphics, textures. Might be a tech support question.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 05 2011 22:51 GMT
#6307
On August 06 2011 07:13 GuardianEU wrote:
Is muta ling a viable main style of play in ZvP these days?
And how would one go about getting there?

I've read Plexa's thread but it's pretty old and possibly outdated.

Muta ling is definitely still an option. With protoss players learning optimized two base agression, however, it is much more difficult to safely open into and still be effective. You want to go for the spire in a situation where you know you are safe, particularly from a stalker heavy opener from the opponent. The way I do it is do a fast-lair a roach oriented opener while banking gas from 4 geysers, when the lair pops I try to find out how many stalkers my opponent currently has to gauge what kind of 2 base play the protoss is planning on doing. Basically, if I see a high stalker count then I will dump my excess gas into roach upgrades, an infestation pit, and take my third close by when I'm safe with infestors. If I see a low stalker count, I'll start the spire and take a far away third when the mutas pop and I gain map dominance.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
SpaNkinG
Profile Joined May 2010
Turkey89 Posts
August 05 2011 23:34 GMT
#6308
On August 06 2011 07:40 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 07:22 SpaNkinG wrote:
which graphix setting i have to improve to see forcefields better?


This seems like something you could test yourself-- but what gfx settings do you currently have? An easy way to test this is to make a quick replay with a forcefield, then change your gfx, then load the replay, to figure out what works best for you and your monitor. Things that probably affect it: Anti-Aliasing, 3d/effects, general graphics, textures. Might be a tech support question.

yea but it would take ages...
so i asked here fast i have evryhting on low except models are high
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
constantqt
Profile Joined July 2011
176 Posts
August 05 2011 23:48 GMT
#6309
how to tell scv to get into bunker but not repair it?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 06 2011 00:02 GMT
#6310
On August 06 2011 08:48 constantqt wrote:
how to tell scv to get into bunker but not repair it?

select the bunker and right-click the scv-- this issues a "load" command to the bunker which draws the scv into it.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
August 06 2011 04:57 GMT
#6311
What, as a zerg, can you do in this situation?
[image loading]

Should I have begun immediate production of a roach warren when I saw it coming instead of throwing down a few spines (I didnt get to see the tank until it got to my ramp, was expecting just blue flame + marines)? I used all of my zerglings against this small force and killed.... basically nothing. I lost 67 zerglings and he lost 7 units... the worst part is once he got another tank or two there and had his hellions/marines in front and i basically couldnt do anything in such a small choke.
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
August 06 2011 09:53 GMT
#6312
I have a short question:
Optimal 4gate in PvP: where it is better to warp first round of units? Beyond the enemy ramp with a proxy pylon hugging the cliff or outside enemy ramp and only the second round inside enemy territory?
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
pezzaperry
Profile Joined May 2011
142 Posts
August 06 2011 10:58 GMT
#6313
On August 06 2011 18:53 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
I have a short question:
Optimal 4gate in PvP: where it is better to warp first round of units? Beyond the enemy ramp with a proxy pylon hugging the cliff or outside enemy ramp and only the second round inside enemy territory?



If they're 4gating it depends on the timing, if you macrod better/quicker 4gate play then you should warp inside because you will have unit advantage.. If they are not 4gating then I would say 100% of the time in their base is better.
SpaNkinG
Profile Joined May 2010
Turkey89 Posts
August 06 2011 11:16 GMT
#6314
On August 06 2011 13:57 TheRabidDeer wrote:
What, as a zerg, can you do in this situation?
[image loading]

Should I have begun immediate production of a roach warren when I saw it coming instead of throwing down a few spines (I didnt get to see the tank until it got to my ramp, was expecting just blue flame + marines)? I used all of my zerglings against this small force and killed.... basically nothing. I lost 67 zerglings and he lost 7 units... the worst part is once he got another tank or two there and had his hellions/marines in front and i basically couldnt do anything in such a small choke.


if you first surround and then attack your lings should clean this up EASILY, then u have 2 spines which give you little more time for more lings!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
August 06 2011 11:48 GMT
#6315
+ Show Spoiler +

On August 06 2011 13:57 TheRabidDeer wrote:
What, as a zerg, can you do in this situation?
[image loading]

Should I have begun immediate production of a roach warren when I saw it coming instead of throwing down a few spines (I didnt get to see the tank until it got to my ramp, was expecting just blue flame + marines)? I used all of my zerglings against this small force and killed.... basically nothing. I lost 67 zerglings and he lost 7 units... the worst part is once he got another tank or two there and had his hellions/marines in front and i basically couldnt do anything in such a small choke.



You dont have the production tab up, but i assume all those eggs have lings in them. You should have destroyed that push honestly. You must have ran right into that the moment after this screen was taken. Remember as zerg on the defensive you benefit greatly from stalling. I would have pulled all those lings back behind the spines, when he stopped advancing with hellions, i wouldve uprooted the spines and moved them forward and gone in. It looks like your macros decent, when you lose an engagement like this observe how you controlled your army.
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
Garpetun
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden6 Posts
August 06 2011 12:37 GMT
#6316
How do you scout a 1base tank/marine/banshee/(sometimes 1raven) in TvP, and what is the proper response if I'm 3gate expanding with a big sentry count?
404
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
August 06 2011 15:04 GMT
#6317
On August 06 2011 21:37 Garpetun wrote:
How do you scout a 1base tank/marine/banshee/(sometimes 1raven) in TvP, and what is the proper response if I'm 3gate expanding with a big sentry count?

There are quite a few variants of how to open with this (mainly up to the point where your scouting probe dies), some players will open with Marine -> Tech Lab -> Marauder on one gas till your scout dies, making it impossible for your probe to confirm that he is not going for bio play, and is actually teching to tank/banshees. Save your scout if you can and leave it outside his base, then poke with your stalker and you should see a very low unit count and most likely a bunker. That will hint at you that he is teching. You need an obs to confirm everything else, but you are eliminating a lot and narrowing the possibilities of his tech path by doing all this. You should do it every game tbh especially if you are having trouble scouting in this match up. Probe scout (try to keep it alive, you can't always but try anyway) -> leave a scout outside his base -> poke with your first Stalker if you are not certain what his build is (or if you opt to delay your observer) -> Observer reveals everything.

There have been several long long long threads on the "proper" response to this as protoss, and reading a lot of them I can tell you that there is no general consensus. Some pros chrono out a couple of immortals, some pros fast tech to colossus with no range, some opt to get range, etc. Another problem is there are many variants of this said build, for example they don't even have to get siegetanks to all-in you in this fashion. One thing I will say is that most people agree that if you 3gate expo'ed, you're basically dead. I think your only option if you scout it that late is to try and kill him. Granted it's very possible as he will have a low unit count, depends when you scout it though.
covetousrat
Profile Joined October 2010
2109 Posts
August 06 2011 15:56 GMT
#6318
Does Metablic Boost (Zergling Upgrade) increase Zergling attack speed?
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
August 06 2011 16:06 GMT
#6319
On August 07 2011 00:56 covetousrat wrote:
Does Metablic Boost (Zergling Upgrade) increase Zergling attack speed?


No. It only increases their movement speed:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Metabolic_Boost
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
August 06 2011 16:06 GMT
#6320
On August 07 2011 00:56 covetousrat wrote:
Does Metablic Boost (Zergling Upgrade) increase Zergling attack speed?

No, but Adrenal Glands does.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Prev 1 314 315 316 317 318 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4072
Leta 2770
Soulkey 559
Soma 338
Rush 221
Barracks 183
BeSt 127
Killer 81
Shinee 33
Shine 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 24
Sharp 19
sorry 9
Dota 2
Gorgc1682
XcaliburYe177
League of Legends
JimRising 519
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
gofns10483
WinterStarcraft713
Sick197
Pyrionflax133
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 51
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2259
League of Legends
• Jankos2444
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
58m
Patches Events
5h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 58m
OSC
13h 58m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.