• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8791 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 314

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 900 Next
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 00:07:12
August 05 2011 00:06 GMT
#6261
On August 05 2011 08:56 bankai wrote:
In PvT, I normally open 13 Gate 28 Robo 29 Gate. If Terran opens 2 rax (reactor and tech lab), I often get contained at the bottom of my ramp while they just expand.

How do I stop this contain and not let him get an earlier expansion? I feel like I dont have enough units. They come with about 10marines and 1 marauder at the point I only have 2-3sentries, 2 zealots, 1 stalker, and WG just finishing.


i'm sorry, do you mean 13 gate 18 robo 19 gate? Because if you're going 13 gate, 28 robo, 29 gate your problem is that at 28 supply you only have 1 gate. If you have a nexus in between the first gate and the robo, consider cutting probes a little to get more units, and chrono immortals and gateway units to defend, if that's what's troubling you.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
August 05 2011 00:18 GMT
#6262
This might not belong in this thread, but I have no clue where to ask this.

I've played somewhere very close to 25 games in season 3. I've faced 1 terran player. Is this just random or is there a particular reason?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
August 05 2011 00:30 GMT
#6263
On August 05 2011 09:18 Mozdk wrote:
This might not belong in this thread, but I have no clue where to ask this.

I've played somewhere very close to 25 games in season 3. I've faced 1 terran player. Is this just random or is there a particular reason?


It's random. Your MMR might be in a clump of terraneyness, but really the expected value of terrans for 24 games is like, 7-8. Given the small sample size, but the large number of people who do ladder, it's not unlikely that this could happen to someone.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
August 05 2011 00:31 GMT
#6264
On August 05 2011 09:06 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 08:56 bankai wrote:
In PvT, I normally open 13 Gate 28 Robo 29 Gate. If Terran opens 2 rax (reactor and tech lab), I often get contained at the bottom of my ramp while they just expand.

How do I stop this contain and not let him get an earlier expansion? I feel like I dont have enough units. They come with about 10marines and 1 marauder at the point I only have 2-3sentries, 2 zealots, 1 stalker, and WG just finishing.


i'm sorry, do you mean 13 gate 18 robo 19 gate? Because if you're going 13 gate, 28 robo, 29 gate your problem is that at 28 supply you only have 1 gate. If you have a nexus in between the first gate and the robo, consider cutting probes a little to get more units, and chrono immortals and gateway units to defend, if that's what's troubling you.


Ummm....no its more like 13 Gate 28 Robo 29 gate - i've been following this build: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=196385

I get my Nexus on about 36supply (if I dont sense pressure), and if I do sense pressure, I put my 3rd Gate first, then expand on 44. I dont go 1 Gate FE cos im too afraid i'll die =P

So yeah, my problem is their 2 rax pressure hits just when WG tech comes online, but then they contain me for a little while and expand putting me behind Help on the standard response to this?

PS: I know that its probably not healthy to talk about timings according to supply limit, but just assume that I am not losing units during this time
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
August 05 2011 00:33 GMT
#6265
On August 05 2011 09:30 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 09:18 Mozdk wrote:
This might not belong in this thread, but I have no clue where to ask this.

I've played somewhere very close to 25 games in season 3. I've faced 1 terran player. Is this just random or is there a particular reason?


It's random. Your MMR might be in a clump of terraneyness, but really the expected value of terrans for 24 games is like, 7-8. Given the small sample size, but the large number of people who do ladder, it's not unlikely that this could happen to someone.


Ty sir
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
phiinix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1169 Posts
August 05 2011 00:38 GMT
#6266
On August 05 2011 09:05 darthfoley wrote:
can someone please link me to the thread that has all the teams looking for players divided by region please? can't find it!



believe it is here.
i just used the tl search for the word "clan"
phiinix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1169 Posts
August 05 2011 00:52 GMT
#6267
On August 04 2011 07:00 Neliz wrote:
What standard build should I start with as Terran vs every match up? Since it's best to have one build order for every match up, what ones are the best standard builds for a macro game that can hold an early attack? Nothing too fancy
Thanks A LOT in advance!<3


imo 1/1/1 openings in tvt are by far the safest.
A personal touch I've added to my play is getting an early reaper to scout, not to harass, so if done properly you can save a scan and know what they're up to.
something like a factory opening, techlab on rax after first marine, second gas when tech lab starts, starport when factory is finished. You'll get floating minerals near the end of your factory being done, which you can use to build a cc if you feel safe, or get s starport+hellion out of the factory if you think some aggro is heading your way. It'll take some time to get use to reacting to scouting info after your reaper gets in

2rax expo is safe for tvp
i personally like the fast reactor opening
12 rax, 13gas, 15 orbital, 2nd rax as you can afford, reactor as soon as 1st marine gets out, then second depot, techlab on 2nd rax, marauder+shells, poke and expand as you feel safe

I don't know how safe it is, but i've been able to hold almost all baneling busting and roach ling aggression with a reactor hellion opening.
12 rax, 13 gas, 15 orbital.. i never use food for openings.
start factory when you can, get 2 marines out of rax if you're feeling bold (i do this every game, though sometimes it certainly doesn't feel safe) then get reactor, cc when you can afford it, (if you get only 2 marines out of the rax, you can build cc either a tiny bit before the factor is done, or right after) swap rax and factory, i get out 4 hellions to get map control and maybe kill drones. you have the option to add on another factory, 2 more rax, starport, getting second gas, etc. I like the opening because unless they're going for heavy roach aggression, you can almost always move out your cc as soon as it's done turning into an orbital,
Gomox
Profile Joined December 2010
32 Posts
August 05 2011 01:34 GMT
#6268
Here is my question:
When should I take my 3rd as Protoss? I know that it depends on the situation, but I want to know at what time ingame I should start thinking about the reasons why I didn't get a third so far and if they're reasonable.
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
August 05 2011 01:38 GMT
#6269
On August 05 2011 10:34 Gomox wrote:
Here is my question:
When should I take my 3rd as Protoss? I know that it depends on the situation, but I want to know at what time ingame I should start thinking about the reasons why I didn't get a third so far and if they're reasonable.


It is generally a good idea to expand along with your opponent so leaving a probe at his third then expanding when you see him expo is a good idea.
Another time to expand is during a strong mid-game push that you set up with your build. For example, many terrans take their third vs Zerg as they push out with a mid-game Marine/Tank push
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PepitoAlbernatti
Profile Joined August 2011
Portugal2 Posts
August 05 2011 01:42 GMT
#6270
Hi

As terran, how do I those drops where the units are dropped in a row with the medivac on the move? I searched liquipedia but couldn't find any explanation

Thanks
Gomox
Profile Joined December 2010
32 Posts
August 05 2011 01:49 GMT
#6271
On August 05 2011 10:42 PepitoAlbernatti wrote:
Hi

As terran, how do I those drops where the units are dropped in a row with the medivac on the move? I searched liquipedia but couldn't find any explanation

Thanks


You need to use the "drop"-command on the medivac. So click on the icon or press the hotkey and then click on the medivac.

Jesushooves
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada553 Posts
August 05 2011 01:59 GMT
#6272
How does one modify control group hotkeys?
I want to set "create control group 1" to be "space + 1", but every time I enter it either space or 1 is the selected control group, not space + 1.

I don't have a problem with making it control + 1, but for some reason space wont work.
Would appreciate some help.
Lose its good, after will be win.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
August 05 2011 04:08 GMT
#6273
In a ZvZ wherein both sides are going Roach/Infestor, I notice that I basically have no gas and a lot of minerals... what do you use as a mineral dump since zerglings seem to be basically worthless in that type of fight?
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
August 05 2011 05:15 GMT
#6274
On August 05 2011 13:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
In a ZvZ wherein both sides are going Roach/Infestor, I notice that I basically have no gas and a lot of minerals... what do you use as a mineral dump since zerglings seem to be basically worthless in that type of fight?


Without a replay there's just general advice:

-get gas earlier
-how many infestors are you making? Don't make more than 3-4 until you get a 3rd base
-get 3rd base
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
August 05 2011 05:24 GMT
#6275
On August 05 2011 14:15 BlasiuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 13:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
In a ZvZ wherein both sides are going Roach/Infestor, I notice that I basically have no gas and a lot of minerals... what do you use as a mineral dump since zerglings seem to be basically worthless in that type of fight?


Without a replay there's just general advice:

-get gas earlier
-how many infestors are you making? Don't make more than 3-4 until you get a 3rd base
-get 3rd base

Well, replay just doesnt do much good because it happens frequently... what time and what is happening it varies based upon what I see. Sometimes it takes a long while to get infestors out just because he is pumping roaches instead of drones. Around how many drones should I have on minerals when I start to get more gas? What I have been doing is just kind of getting my 2nd gas around 30 drones then my 3rd and 4th around 40.

My initial batch of infestors is usually 4-5, but my issue is in the process of getting the gas to get those 4-5 infestors I end up banking a lot of minerals because I am not producing roaches to eat up my minerals. Should I throw down an expansion and pump a lot of drones at this stage (before infestors pop)? I just feel vulnerable, and on many maps its difficult to protect your 3rd and nat from attacks/run-by's which would make the investment worthless...
rfoster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1005 Posts
August 05 2011 07:37 GMT
#6276
what is the proper response if a protoss goes for a triple pylon block into cannon contain when going any pool before hatch build. 12 pool, 14/14 etc.

The guy I played just made 5 cannons behind the pylons and made a 4th pylon so i couldnt just kill the pylons with a spine from the high ground.
rfoster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1005 Posts
August 05 2011 07:38 GMT
#6277
On August 05 2011 13:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
In a ZvZ wherein both sides are going Roach/Infestor, I notice that I basically have no gas and a lot of minerals... what do you use as a mineral dump since zerglings seem to be basically worthless in that type of fight?


Drones/ additional expansions, and spines. All good in situations, additional expansions if your gas starved though
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
August 05 2011 08:10 GMT
#6278
On August 05 2011 09:06 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 08:56 bankai wrote:
In PvT, I normally open 13 Gate 28 Robo 29 Gate. If Terran opens 2 rax (reactor and tech lab), I often get contained at the bottom of my ramp while they just expand.

How do I stop this contain and not let him get an earlier expansion? I feel like I dont have enough units. They come with about 10marines and 1 marauder at the point I only have 2-3sentries, 2 zealots, 1 stalker, and WG just finishing.


i'm sorry, do you mean 13 gate 18 robo 19 gate? Because if you're going 13 gate, 28 robo, 29 gate your problem is that at 28 supply you only have 1 gate. If you have a nexus in between the first gate and the robo, consider cutting probes a little to get more units, and chrono immortals and gateway units to defend, if that's what's troubling you.

That sounds significantly worse -.-'
AnxiousHippo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia1451 Posts
August 05 2011 09:00 GMT
#6279
On August 05 2011 16:37 gogatorsfoster wrote:
what is the proper response if a protoss goes for a triple pylon block into cannon contain when going any pool before hatch build. 12 pool, 14/14 etc.

The guy I played just made 5 cannons behind the pylons and made a 4th pylon so i couldnt just kill the pylons with a spine from the high ground.
This is rare so I wouldn't expect a refined response. If you don't manage to stop the pylon blocking I would fast tech to Nydus Tech and drop one in his main.
An apple a day keeps the Protoss away | TLHF
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
August 05 2011 09:18 GMT
#6280
On August 05 2011 10:59 Jesushooves wrote:
How does one modify control group hotkeys?
I want to set "create control group 1" to be "space + 1", but every time I enter it either space or 1 is the selected control group, not space + 1.

I don't have a problem with making it control + 1, but for some reason space wont work.
Would appreciate some help.


Space doesn't work because it's not a "modifier key". There are only three keys that the game sees that can be used in combination with other keys: Ctrl, Alt, and Shift.

Having said that, through use of a customizable keyboard, or a scripting program, such as AutoHotKey, one can re-program their space bar to be one of those aforementioned modifiers, as I have changed mine to act as Shift. With such a setup, the game sees the keystrokes coming in as Shift+1 when I hold the Space bar and 1 together. The modification has to be done outside the game so Starcraft 2 doesn't know the difference.

This is not a modification that is against the rules in any way, and many players have various similar changes. What is illegal is programming a key to perform more than one action per click, just FYI.
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 481
ZZZero.O 153
Hyun 142
Dota 2
monkeys_forever390
League of Legends
Doublelift4075
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 425
KnowMe213
Livibee200
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV160
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• Adnapsc2 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1300
Other Games
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur568
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 36m
Patches Events
15h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
OSC
23h 36m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.