• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:48
CEST 02:48
KST 09:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6381 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 30

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 900 Next
Mythito
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada230 Posts
March 01 2011 14:04 GMT
#581
On March 01 2011 21:36 Synystyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2011 16:28 Anihc wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:16 me_viet wrote:
when dt's are warping in are they invis? Or is that only when they finishes warping in do they go invis?

What's the correct response to a 12gate chrono zealot + forge (when P sees hatch first) as Zerg?
The zealot will get there to guard the cannon/pylon building and pool should still be building (15 hatch 14 pool).


DTs are visible when warping in.

The correct response against cannon is to not 15 hatch (I'm serious, Zergs should not feel safe going hatch first against toss).


Wrong! They warp in invisibly. I've experienced this first hand. I was proxied and he warped DTs literally on top of my bunker wall in. I checked the replay later because I was sure they were visible when warping in at first, but further analysis shows no!


is it that they're viewable to the player but not attackable without detection?
Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
March 01 2011 14:16 GMT
#582
On March 01 2011 23:04 Mythito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2011 21:36 Synystyr wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:28 Anihc wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:16 me_viet wrote:
when dt's are warping in are they invis? Or is that only when they finishes warping in do they go invis?

What's the correct response to a 12gate chrono zealot + forge (when P sees hatch first) as Zerg?
The zealot will get there to guard the cannon/pylon building and pool should still be building (15 hatch 14 pool).


DTs are visible when warping in.

The correct response against cannon is to not 15 hatch (I'm serious, Zergs should not feel safe going hatch first against toss).


Wrong! They warp in invisibly. I've experienced this first hand. I was proxied and he warped DTs literally on top of my bunker wall in. I checked the replay later because I was sure they were visible when warping in at first, but further analysis shows no!


is it that they're viewable to the player but not attackable without detection?


They are completely unviewable without detection. You don't see the warp-in at all =[
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 01 2011 14:22 GMT
#583
I think they are invisible when its from a warp prism and visible when its from a pylon. Can anyone confirm? At work atm so I can't check.
Official Entusman #21
me_viet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1350 Posts
March 01 2011 14:54 GMT
#584
makes me feel better that i'm not the only one in doubt of dt's warp-in visibility haha.

On laptop I can't check it D:
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 01 2011 14:56 GMT
#585
It'd weird because I distinctly remember dts being invisible while warping in AND I remember them being visible...
Official Entusman #21
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
March 01 2011 15:10 GMT
#586
I'm 100% sure they're invisible when warping in from a pylon. I lost a pretty big game because of it

I don't know what to tell you about warp prisms though xD.
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
Juli0o12
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2 Posts
March 01 2011 15:51 GMT
#587
What does VOD stand for? Video of Display? Thats the best i can come up with
Polanetary Forotdds. So OP.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 01 2011 15:53 GMT
#588
On March 02 2011 00:51 Juli0o12 wrote:
What does VOD stand for? Video of Display? Thats the best i can come up with


Video on Demand
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
March 01 2011 15:54 GMT
#589
On March 01 2011 23:16 Synystyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2011 23:04 Mythito wrote:
On March 01 2011 21:36 Synystyr wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:28 Anihc wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:16 me_viet wrote:
when dt's are warping in are they invis? Or is that only when they finishes warping in do they go invis?

What's the correct response to a 12gate chrono zealot + forge (when P sees hatch first) as Zerg?
The zealot will get there to guard the cannon/pylon building and pool should still be building (15 hatch 14 pool).


DTs are visible when warping in.

The correct response against cannon is to not 15 hatch (I'm serious, Zergs should not feel safe going hatch first against toss).


Wrong! They warp in invisibly. I've experienced this first hand. I was proxied and he warped DTs literally on top of my bunker wall in. I checked the replay later because I was sure they were visible when warping in at first, but further analysis shows no!


is it that they're viewable to the player but not attackable without detection?


They are completely unviewable without detection. You don't see the warp-in at all =[


Whaaat? I can clearly remember more than 1 PvT where I'm trying to warp in DTs right next to the bioball in my main and they got insta-killed. Maybe he scanned before or something and I just didn't realize it.
Synystyr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1446 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-01 16:24:37
March 01 2011 16:23 GMT
#590
On March 02 2011 00:54 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2011 23:16 Synystyr wrote:
On March 01 2011 23:04 Mythito wrote:
On March 01 2011 21:36 Synystyr wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:28 Anihc wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:16 me_viet wrote:
when dt's are warping in are they invis? Or is that only when they finishes warping in do they go invis?

What's the correct response to a 12gate chrono zealot + forge (when P sees hatch first) as Zerg?
The zealot will get there to guard the cannon/pylon building and pool should still be building (15 hatch 14 pool).


DTs are visible when warping in.

The correct response against cannon is to not 15 hatch (I'm serious, Zergs should not feel safe going hatch first against toss).


Wrong! They warp in invisibly. I've experienced this first hand. I was proxied and he warped DTs literally on top of my bunker wall in. I checked the replay later because I was sure they were visible when warping in at first, but further analysis shows no!


is it that they're viewable to the player but not attackable without detection?


They are completely unviewable without detection. You don't see the warp-in at all =[


Whaaat? I can clearly remember more than 1 PvT where I'm trying to warp in DTs right next to the bioball in my main and they got insta-killed. Maybe he scanned before or something and I just didn't realize it.


Haha and I clearly remember the DTs warping right next to my bunkers. I checked the replay and they warped in and split up, nothing shot at them =[

Maybe.....

If you can see the power source warping in the DT, you can see it warp in, but if you can't, it warps in invisibly? I remember the pylon warped in DTs in range of my bunkers, but the pylon was out of my sight line.
Sky Terran TvP V2.0: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=355839
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
March 01 2011 16:45 GMT
#591
On February 28 2011 16:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2011 14:28 HowardRoark wrote:
On the PTR, is the bug fix to sentries a nerf, or will units now be trapped inside the Force Field?

- Fixed an issue to prevent force fields from pushing units during construction.


Neither, it's a fix. Units were never meant to "disappear".

Additionally, typically sentries would not waste that much FF on a bunker unless either A. to prevent SCVs from repairing it (even then...) or B. the bug existed.

Bunker? Disappear? Now I am even more confused...
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 01 2011 17:15 GMT
#592
On March 02 2011 01:45 HowardRoark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2011 16:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
On February 28 2011 14:28 HowardRoark wrote:
On the PTR, is the bug fix to sentries a nerf, or will units now be trapped inside the Force Field?

- Fixed an issue to prevent force fields from pushing units during construction.


Neither, it's a fix. Units were never meant to "disappear".

Additionally, typically sentries would not waste that much FF on a bunker unless either A. to prevent SCVs from repairing it (even then...) or B. the bug existed.

Bunker? Disappear? Now I am even more confused...


https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
canavarr
Profile Joined January 2011
United States53 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-01 17:19:02
March 01 2011 17:18 GMT
#593

Leagues will now be locked during the final weeks of the season. As a result players will not accumulate additional bonus points and will not be promoted or demoted out of their current division during this period.


Question on Patch 1.3: What does Blizzard mean by season? When will this season end?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 01 2011 17:23 GMT
#594
On March 02 2011 02:18 canavarr wrote:
Show nested quote +

Leagues will now be locked during the final weeks of the season. As a result players will not accumulate additional bonus points and will not be promoted or demoted out of their current division during this period.


Question on Patch 1.3: What does Blizzard mean by season? When will this season end?


With the announcement of Patch 1.3 being implemented is assumed when the season will end.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HowardRoark
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
1146 Posts
March 01 2011 17:23 GMT
#595
On March 02 2011 02:15 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2011 01:45 HowardRoark wrote:
On February 28 2011 16:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
On February 28 2011 14:28 HowardRoark wrote:
On the PTR, is the bug fix to sentries a nerf, or will units now be trapped inside the Force Field?

- Fixed an issue to prevent force fields from pushing units during construction.


Neither, it's a fix. Units were never meant to "disappear".

Additionally, typically sentries would not waste that much FF on a bunker unless either A. to prevent SCVs from repairing it (even then...) or B. the bug existed.

Bunker? Disappear? Now I am even more confused...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBoZIAcBzW8

Okay. Thanks for your quick reply, but I was talking about a different bug-fix
"It is really good to get the double observatory if you want to get the speed and sight range for the observer simultaneously. It's a little bit of an advanced tactic, and by advanced, I mean really fucking bad."
thesideshow
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
930 Posts
March 01 2011 20:11 GMT
#596
On March 02 2011 02:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2011 02:18 canavarr wrote:

Leagues will now be locked during the final weeks of the season. As a result players will not accumulate additional bonus points and will not be promoted or demoted out of their current division during this period.


Question on Patch 1.3: What does Blizzard mean by season? When will this season end?


With the announcement of Patch 1.3 being implemented is assumed when the season will end.


Are leagues locked as of now?
OGS:levelchange
canavarr
Profile Joined January 2011
United States53 Posts
March 01 2011 20:20 GMT
#597
On March 02 2011 05:11 thesideshow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2011 02:23 Torte de Lini wrote:
On March 02 2011 02:18 canavarr wrote:

Leagues will now be locked during the final weeks of the season. As a result players will not accumulate additional bonus points and will not be promoted or demoted out of their current division during this period.


Question on Patch 1.3: What does Blizzard mean by season? When will this season end?


With the announcement of Patch 1.3 being implemented is assumed when the season will end.


Are leagues locked as of now?


Yea I'm confused also. When will they lock the leagues if not locked already, and when will they release the lock?
Helen Killer
Profile Joined December 2010
United States21 Posts
March 01 2011 22:46 GMT
#598
What's a good PvT build order for gold level play?
Deamonn
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2 Posts
March 02 2011 00:55 GMT
#599
On March 02 2011 01:23 Synystyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2011 00:54 Anihc wrote:
On March 01 2011 23:16 Synystyr wrote:
On March 01 2011 23:04 Mythito wrote:
On March 01 2011 21:36 Synystyr wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:28 Anihc wrote:
On March 01 2011 16:16 me_viet wrote:
when dt's are warping in are they invis? Or is that only when they finishes warping in do they go invis?

What's the correct response to a 12gate chrono zealot + forge (when P sees hatch first) as Zerg?
The zealot will get there to guard the cannon/pylon building and pool should still be building (15 hatch 14 pool).


DTs are visible when warping in.

The correct response against cannon is to not 15 hatch (I'm serious, Zergs should not feel safe going hatch first against toss).


Wrong! They warp in invisibly. I've experienced this first hand. I was proxied and he warped DTs literally on top of my bunker wall in. I checked the replay later because I was sure they were visible when warping in at first, but further analysis shows no!


is it that they're viewable to the player but not attackable without detection?


They are completely unviewable without detection. You don't see the warp-in at all =[


Whaaat? I can clearly remember more than 1 PvT where I'm trying to warp in DTs right next to the bioball in my main and they got insta-killed. Maybe he scanned before or something and I just didn't realize it.


Haha and I clearly remember the DTs warping right next to my bunkers. I checked the replay and they warped in and split up, nothing shot at them =[

Maybe.....

If you can see the power source warping in the DT, you can see it warp in, but if you can't, it warps in invisibly? I remember the pylon warped in DTs in range of my bunkers, but the pylon was out of my sight line.


I just want to confirm this: DT warping in are NOT visible unless you have some detection in the immediate area. Playing a ladder game last week, the opponent warped in defensive DTs while I was pushing into his main and killed a portion of my army before I threw down a scan. Watching the replays, the DTs warped in, calmly walked up to a siege tank, killed it, and started massacring my line.

So: DTs are not visible during warp in.
Entr0py
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany11 Posts
March 02 2011 05:18 GMT
#600
Maybe i am just stupid, but how can u drop with multipe dropships while flying? I mean if u have like only one medivac u can klick on the units inside und it while drop them while flying. But if u have more than one medivac it doesnt show the units... so how do u that?
Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own...
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2541
Artosis 711
White-Ra 107
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever739
NeuroSwarm206
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv291
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe172
Other Games
summit1g8269
JimRising 601
shahzam564
C9.Mang0301
ArmadaUGS58
RuFF_SC232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 12m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.