• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9089 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 238

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 900 Next
HardCorey
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States709 Posts
July 01 2011 00:56 GMT
#4741
On July 01 2011 09:51 Rasky wrote:
How do you see what people are saying in the reply of a custom game??


If you are looking at their view it should just appear on screen. Or you can go to the end of the replay and the view the Message Log (button on top of screen). If you were on one team and your opponents were only speaking to each other I am not sure if that information is stored in your copy of the replay however.
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
Chinesewonder
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
July 01 2011 01:47 GMT
#4742
As end game zerg ideally you want 3 bases of min saturation and 4 bases of gas mining? ~ 72 ish drones?
dawei
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia10 Posts
July 01 2011 01:50 GMT
#4743
Just wondering, why does a supply depot take 30 seconds to build compared to the 25seconds of a pylon and overlord, when they basically do the same thing?
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 01 2011 02:03 GMT
#4744
On July 01 2011 10:47 Chinesewonder wrote:
As end game zerg ideally you want 3 bases of min saturation and 4 bases of gas mining? ~ 72 ish drones?

This is more of a mid-game mindset. In true "end game" scenarios you will take whatever still has resources, because end game would imply that the map is getting mined out. As for late-game, around (maybe a little less than) 64 drones mining minerals, enough to efficiently saturate the mineral income of 4 bases, and as many gas gysers as you can take is optimal.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 01 2011 02:07 GMT
#4745
On July 01 2011 10:50 dawei wrote:
Just wondering, why does a supply depot take 30 seconds to build compared to the 25seconds of a pylon and overlord, when they basically do the same thing?

I think it has something to do with MULEs, in that they were originally designed to compensate for the fact that scvs must be constantly pulled to build stuff. Maybe MULE's 90 second duration combined with the 25 seconds an scv is pulled to build depots caused inconsistent income (or possibly just more than expected), so the build time of depots was increased to 30 to compensate for this.

P.S. I have no idea if this is true, I'm just throwing things out there because no one else has provided an answer.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
BioTech
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia264 Posts
July 01 2011 02:19 GMT
#4746
can anyone point me to a concise guide on stutter-stepping for terrans? wud luv to be able to do this with my marauders n reapers.
I actually played the original WarCraft - Orcs v Humans back in 1995!
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
July 01 2011 02:34 GMT
#4747
On July 01 2011 09:39 rigelq wrote:
can someone point me to the TL attack #4 with Huk? I cant seem to find it anywhere




You need to subscribe to the tl youtube It's good for your health.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
ObserverSix2One
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel115 Posts
July 01 2011 03:10 GMT
#4748
I've problems dealing with 6 gate, usually I play speedling, baneling, infestor, but never get the infestor in time for the push - he just FFs everywhere and I can't touch him, I have tried to switch to roach burrow but got owned by 6 gates+1 robo push.
the only way I did managed to deal with 6 gate is base trade.
is it possible to beat 6 gate +1 robo build with roaches if I'll just macro better or should I try something else? try to get infestor faster with my ling bling build? what is your advice and how do you deal with 6 gate as Zerg?
I'm not a Vampire.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
July 01 2011 03:17 GMT
#4749
On July 01 2011 12:10 ObserverSix2One wrote:
I've problems dealing with 6 gate, usually I play speedling, baneling, infestor, but never get the infestor in time for the push - he just FFs everywhere and I can't touch him, I have tried to switch to roach burrow but got owned by 6 gates+1 robo push.
the only way I did managed to deal with 6 gate is base trade.
is it possible to beat 6 gate +1 robo build with roaches if I'll just macro better or should I try something else? try to get infestor faster with my ling bling build? what is your advice and how do you deal with 6 gate as Zerg?


IMO 6 gate +1 robo build is designed to beat any kind of roach or roach/ling build. Get ovie drop if you're going ling/bling and you will easily crush that kind of sentry heavy push.
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
July 01 2011 03:23 GMT
#4750
For many weeks now I have had the worst issues playing against mass lings. I do deny the towers a little bit, I force them to spend some larva and I know that's coming so I pull my stalkers back, but i get to this point where I feel I've given them to much free space and i move out and always, always, alwayyyys get surrounded by lings and lose everything and get so frustrated. I know I have poor unit control, but I feel this issue is beyond that. I try mixing in more zealots, my forcefield placement sucks, but I always end up losing my army and tilting. Any ideas?
ObserverSix2One
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel115 Posts
July 01 2011 03:26 GMT
#4751
On July 01 2011 12:17 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 12:10 ObserverSix2One wrote:
I've problems dealing with 6 gate, usually I play speedling, baneling, infestor, but never get the infestor in time for the push - he just FFs everywhere and I can't touch him, I have tried to switch to roach burrow but got owned by 6 gates+1 robo push.
the only way I did managed to deal with 6 gate is base trade.
is it possible to beat 6 gate +1 robo build with roaches if I'll just macro better or should I try something else? try to get infestor faster with my ling bling build? what is your advice and how do you deal with 6 gate as Zerg?


IMO 6 gate +1 robo build is designed to beat any kind of roach or roach/ling build. Get ovie drop if you're going ling/bling and you will easily crush that kind of sentry heavy push.

I've tried using drops before but - like the infestor - couldn't get it in time, I guess I just should try-try harder ^^, thanks for the answer, it makes sense. ♥

P.S
what about the 3rd expo? should I cancel when I see 6 gate?
I'm not a Vampire.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 04:12:15
July 01 2011 04:11 GMT
#4752
On July 01 2011 12:23 Lemonayd wrote:
For many weeks now I have had the worst issues playing against mass lings. I do deny the towers a little bit, I force them to spend some larva and I know that's coming so I pull my stalkers back, but i get to this point where I feel I've given them to much free space and i move out and always, always, alwayyyys get surrounded by lings and lose everything and get so frustrated. I know I have poor unit control, but I feel this issue is beyond that. I try mixing in more zealots, my forcefield placement sucks, but I always end up losing my army and tilting. Any ideas?

Replay? If your 2 base stalker push loses to only lings...then I think you just don't have enough stalkers. One may say that lings "counter" stalkers but once numbers get big enough then the staking dps of the stalkers versus the non-staking ling dps should swing the battle in the protoss's favor. You may be pushing too early, before you get the stalker count to make this matter, or maybe too late to the point that your opponent has a totally stupid number of units off of 3 bases and 4 hatches.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
July 01 2011 04:14 GMT
#4753
On July 01 2011 12:26 ObserverSix2One wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 12:17 Anihc wrote:
On July 01 2011 12:10 ObserverSix2One wrote:
I've problems dealing with 6 gate, usually I play speedling, baneling, infestor, but never get the infestor in time for the push - he just FFs everywhere and I can't touch him, I have tried to switch to roach burrow but got owned by 6 gates+1 robo push.
the only way I did managed to deal with 6 gate is base trade.
is it possible to beat 6 gate +1 robo build with roaches if I'll just macro better or should I try something else? try to get infestor faster with my ling bling build? what is your advice and how do you deal with 6 gate as Zerg?


IMO 6 gate +1 robo build is designed to beat any kind of roach or roach/ling build. Get ovie drop if you're going ling/bling and you will easily crush that kind of sentry heavy push.

I've tried using drops before but - like the infestor - couldn't get it in time, I guess I just should try-try harder ^^, thanks for the answer, it makes sense. ♥

P.S
what about the 3rd expo? should I cancel when I see 6 gate?

Canceling the third depends entirely on your unit composition/style. Basically, if the third is more of a macro hatch placed near minerals then you'll need it for larva (usually the case if you are going purely morrow style ling/baneling). If the third is an economic maneuver then you will need to cancel it to keep up with protoss.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 01 2011 04:28 GMT
#4754
as a zerg player, what are the things I need to be looking for when scouting a terran opponent?
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
July 01 2011 04:28 GMT
#4755
@soluhwin http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=218913

I know I played very poorly in this, but this game really demonstrates how much I freak out when playing against zerg. When I get to dt's I'm completely tilted.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2011 04:32 GMT
#4756
On July 01 2011 13:28 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
as a zerg player, what are the things I need to be looking for when scouting a terran opponent?


If he took gas (for teching up in most cases if he took two).
Tech lab on his barracks.

Those are the two that come to mind.

Check for early factory as well.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
HelloxD
Profile Joined May 2011
378 Posts
July 01 2011 04:43 GMT
#4757
how to deal with mass ling in the early stage of the game? ( Zergs like to get a round of zerglings for map dominance and aggression )

I am protoss and 1 misclick will cost you the game.. and i've had one too many
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 01 2011 05:10 GMT
#4758
On July 01 2011 13:32 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 13:28 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
as a zerg player, what are the things I need to be looking for when scouting a terran opponent?


If he took gas (for teching up in most cases if he took two).
Tech lab on his barracks.

Those are the two that come to mind.

Check for early factory as well.

1. On larger maps , at what supply should I send out my drone scout to reliably scout before wall off?
2. Around what time should I consider sacking an overlord?
3. What are the timings around which banshees (both cloaked and uncloaked) hit?
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
July 01 2011 07:31 GMT
#4759
On July 01 2011 13:43 HelloxD wrote:
how to deal with mass ling in the early stage of the game? ( Zergs like to get a round of zerglings for map dominance and aggression )

I am protoss and 1 misclick will cost you the game.. and i've had one too many

´
Depends on what build you are going, but lets say you are playing 3 gate expand with 1 zealot and 5-9 sentries...

Wallof with 1 zealot gate and core, build 2-3 sentry and 2 more gates next. this will help you to defend against any amount of lings/banelings/roaches trying to get up your ramp. After you build 2-3 sentries your warpgates should finish, take a probe and do an expansion atempt, build a pylon on low ground near ramp, shoo away any zergling trying to block your expo, get the expo up and then position your sentries and zealot near the ramp you your can fight at the ramp if any attack comes. Get some structures at low ground (forge, robo or more gates) to block of possible attack path from zerg. Here is the basic buildorderbuild (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/3-Gate_Sentry_Expand_(vs._Zerg))

If zergling gets surround on your army it's gg so your cannot let that happend, and it wont happend if you have your sentries by the ramp. Get som more stalkers after you are done producing sentries. When you have wall up and some stalkers in the mix they cannot really attack with mass lings anymore so you will be safe while in your base. If you try to attack at this time(i usually do that), be careful or any zerg army, your will need good forefields to win a fight against roach/lings and with good forcefields the fight should be yours.

Sorry for my english i hope this is the answer your are looking for. This build is really common and your should check some replays. LiquidHuK for example does this build all the time.

Don't let the lings get a surround and you should be fine.
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
July 01 2011 07:42 GMT
#4760
On July 01 2011 12:23 Lemonayd wrote:
For many weeks now I have had the worst issues playing against mass lings. I do deny the towers a little bit, I force them to spend some larva and I know that's coming so I pull my stalkers back, but i get to this point where I feel I've given them to much free space and i move out and always, always, alwayyyys get surrounded by lings and lose everything and get so frustrated. I know I have poor unit control, but I feel this issue is beyond that. I try mixing in more zealots, my forcefield placement sucks, but I always end up losing my army and tilting. Any ideas?


You will need to surround your army with forcefields in order to deal with mass lings only. It's really up to your forcefield placement if you want to take a fight against lings before you get collossus/templars out. If you are going to take a fight against mass zergling try to bulk up your forces against a wall or in some chokepoints, this makes the fight easier. You dont really need that great forcefieldplacment and not many if you bulk up against a wall. Just throw 3-4 forcefields close to your army so that the attack area from zerglings decrese.

If you feel like you cannot handle this, then stay at your base untill your get some colossus, templars or a big army up. It's never safe to be your on the open against a zerg, possible counters surrounds and runbys will happen.
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 236 237 238 239 240 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15051
StarCastTV_EN342
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
Lowko257
ProTech121
Rex 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10793
EffOrt 5691
BeSt 1642
ZerO 1061
Larva 1009
Hyuk 862
Horang2 723
Hyun 279
Zeus 249
Killer 194
[ Show more ]
Light 184
Stork 170
Barracks 127
Rush 78
Yoon 57
Shinee 46
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 31
Terrorterran 23
Mong 23
Sacsri 21
PianO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
sorry 10
HiyA 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 724
Dendi74
League of Legends
KnowMe33
Counter-Strike
byalli909
Other Games
singsing1855
olofmeister1406
crisheroes246
Sick171
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS53
Mew2King50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 205
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 13
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
WardiTV5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1951
• Stunt367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Rex65
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.