• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8462 users

The Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 95

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 489 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
Macpo
Profile Joined September 2010
453 Posts
September 18 2011 21:22 GMT
#1881
On September 19 2011 04:00 arena_say_what wrote:
I worked my way into diamond by just going 14/14 expo 21 in every game agaisnt every matchup. Is it possible to do the same working my way towards masters? Or should I be trying out different build orders? If so what's good :| to me zerg doesn't seem to have that many build orders other than 14/14 and 15 hatch


well you can hatch first in z v t (like 15 hatch / 15 pool) or go for 11 pool 18 hatch in z v p (sort of substitute to hatch first) ; in z v z, you can 9 pool, 14 gas 14 pool, hatch first...

So basically, 14 gas 14 pool works for everything, but nowadays I would say it is not the most efficient way to go in many situations (like against terran, few people would speedling expand, most hatch; against toss on a FFE map, it's kind of useless to get zergling speed very early... and so on).

The thing then is that it sometimes leads to a completely different game.
"Courage consists, however, in agreeing to flee rather than live tranquilly and hypocritically in false refuges." G. Deleuze
M1cha84
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany64 Posts
September 18 2011 21:40 GMT
#1882
On September 19 2011 04:00 arena_say_what wrote:
I worked my way into diamond by just going 14/14 expo 21 in every game agaisnt every matchup. Is it possible to do the same working my way towards masters? Or should I be trying out different build orders? If so what's good :| to me zerg doesn't seem to have that many build orders other than 14/14 and 15 hatch


You can still stick to this, but against master Terrans I would prefer going 15hatch/14pool, its freakin' hard to stop hellion harrasses with a 21 expo, since the spine crawler isn't gonna up in time.
Macpo
Profile Joined September 2010
453 Posts
September 18 2011 21:41 GMT
#1883
By the way, could someone indicate me how to micro infestors (especially neural parasite)? cause I feel lost with this, every time I by now engage a protoss I am systematically wasting my infestors for nothing... I don't know, I just can't manage to engage properly... it has come to the point that I am now really afraid to engage any kind of significant protoss army with colossi^^.

any tips? what is the list of things you are telling yourself when engaging? (I am thinking more precisely of zergling/infestor armies)

thanks!

Macpo
"Courage consists, however, in agreeing to flee rather than live tranquilly and hypocritically in false refuges." G. Deleuze
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
September 18 2011 21:49 GMT
#1884
On September 19 2011 06:40 M1cha84 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 04:00 arena_say_what wrote:
I worked my way into diamond by just going 14/14 expo 21 in every game agaisnt every matchup. Is it possible to do the same working my way towards masters? Or should I be trying out different build orders? If so what's good :| to me zerg doesn't seem to have that many build orders other than 14/14 and 15 hatch


You can still stick to this, but against master Terrans I would prefer going 15hatch/14pool, its freakin' hard to stop hellion harrasses with a 21 expo, since the spine crawler isn't gonna up in time.


This. Without 15h or similiar, reactor hellion is REALLY DIFFICULT to deal with
England will fight to the last American
ManiacTheZealot
Profile Joined December 2009
United States490 Posts
September 18 2011 21:56 GMT
#1885
On September 19 2011 06:22 craag wrote:
So lets say, for whatever reason, a few of your overlords start taking fire and you notice that in a moment you will be supply blocked.

Is it better to immediately use your remaining larva/minerals to replace those lost overlords, or to quickly crank out some units before the supply block hits?


Are you going to die in the next 25 seconds? If yes, build attacking units. If no, replace lost overlords.

It's similar to deciding between drones or zerglings.
ManiacTheZealot
Profile Joined December 2009
United States490 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-18 22:29:43
September 18 2011 22:14 GMT
#1886
On September 19 2011 06:41 Macpo wrote:
By the way, could someone indicate me how to micro infestors (especially neural parasite)? cause I feel lost with this, every time I by now engage a protoss I am systematically wasting my infestors for nothing... I don't know, I just can't manage to engage properly... it has come to the point that I am now really afraid to engage any kind of significant protoss army with colossi^^.

any tips? what is the list of things you are telling yourself when engaging? (I am thinking more precisely of zergling/infestor armies)

thanks!

Macpo


Positioning is the key to using infestors properly. You want to spend most of your time trying to setup a good place to engage. When the range nerf goes live this will be even more difficult. Basically you want the protoss army to be in an open area but not spread out to much. And you want to be on creep if at all possible. If you can't see what you're engaging and don't have the speed buff it can be really difficult.

Keep your infestors and zerglings in seperate control groups. Fungal first then neural. Don't let your zerglings get there to far ahead of your infestors as they will all die pointlessly. Make sure your fungals kill the sentries or templar first. If you can't keep the colossus neural'd till the end of the fight walk them back and target them down.

If the protoss goes heavy on zealots and templar start baneling bombing. Yes infestor/zergling can still work in that situation but I believe its like a thousand times easier and more effective to baneling bomb them.

Oh and kill observers!. Your chances of losing the fight increase dramatically if the protoss can see your army before you engage. Protoss don't like replacing observers it takes valuable robotics build time up.
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
September 19 2011 00:10 GMT
#1887
What is the point of delaying mutas as seen in this VOD?

http://nasl.tv/Videos/week-1-division-4-sen-vs-select
SuPerFlyTNT
Profile Joined November 2010
United States145 Posts
September 19 2011 00:24 GMT
#1888
Please close this thread if you can not edit the title to include a proper tag, as per your own guidelines.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=266839#14

Thank you in advance, Saracen.
Every time my fingers touch brains.
Chinesewonder
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada354 Posts
September 19 2011 02:24 GMT
#1889
I cant seem to deal with late game terran that mixes in ghosts. I usually go broods but ghosts have snipe. I try ultralisks and ghost snipe those too. Infestors are nullified by EMP so I'm really lost. This is especially true when they have siege tanks as well, it just seems impossible to break
ManiacTheZealot
Profile Joined December 2009
United States490 Posts
September 19 2011 04:00 GMT
#1890
On September 19 2011 09:10 DW-Unrec wrote:
What is the point of delaying mutas as seen in this VOD?

http://nasl.tv/Videos/week-1-division-4-sen-vs-select


Seemed like Sen expected some sort of complete all in from Select. Although I think he should have expected some heavy dropship play since thats really the only safe way Select can be aggressive cross map like that. If he had stuck with roach/ling/bane he probably woulda done better. Selects dropships were brutal and he just didn't have enough units to deal with them and a push at the same time while trying to get mutas out.
AnAngryDingo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States223 Posts
September 19 2011 05:16 GMT
#1891
On September 18 2011 08:05 Hawk2 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 18 2011 07:54 MrBitter wrote:
What's up with the ZvZ meta-game these days?

It's all baneling-expand into mass spines into mutas, and I'm really not sure how to play against it without just doing the exact same thing.

Anyone have a good feel for this new play-style right now?


You can go roach hydra infestor still, in fact roach play is forced on most maps on the ladder pool, it really all is dependant on the size of the maps and architecture, in general the bigger the map the better mutalisks become.

Maps like Antiga Shipyards and Tal'darim alter are the ones I'm assuming you're talking about and on those you can still go roach hydra infestor you just have to be really defensive and mass up a strong count of infestors and go for a death push at max, the game plan against mutalisks on a large map is to get a critical number of high energy infestors to roll your opponent with who will have inevitably less infestors than you simply because he did go for mutas.

of course in the case of the player going mutalisks more map control, bases, and a possible ultralisk switch compensates. That's the general zvz meta-game with mutalisks at the moment.

Here's a good replay of how LaLush played against me when I went mutalisks

http://replayfu.com/r/1kXgJp


i mean, this game probably looks a lot different had you not lost so much on his baneling attack. it delayed your 3rd way too much. 9:30 into the game he was up 45-28 in drones.
Macpo
Profile Joined September 2010
453 Posts
September 19 2011 13:17 GMT
#1892
On September 19 2011 07:14 ManiacTheZealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2011 06:41 Macpo wrote:
By the way, could someone indicate me how to micro infestors (especially neural parasite)? cause I feel lost with this, every time I by now engage a protoss I am systematically wasting my infestors for nothing... I don't know, I just can't manage to engage properly... it has come to the point that I am now really afraid to engage any kind of significant protoss army with colossi^^.

any tips? what is the list of things you are telling yourself when engaging? (I am thinking more precisely of zergling/infestor armies)

thanks!

Macpo


Positioning is the key to using infestors properly. You want to spend most of your time trying to setup a good place to engage. When the range nerf goes live this will be even more difficult. Basically you want the protoss army to be in an open area but not spread out to much. And you want to be on creep if at all possible. If you can't see what you're engaging and don't have the speed buff it can be really difficult.

Keep your infestors and zerglings in seperate control groups. Fungal first then neural. Don't let your zerglings get there to far ahead of your infestors as they will all die pointlessly. Make sure your fungals kill the sentries or templar first. If you can't keep the colossus neural'd till the end of the fight walk them back and target them down.

If the protoss goes heavy on zealots and templar start baneling bombing. Yes infestor/zergling can still work in that situation but I believe its like a thousand times easier and more effective to baneling bomb them.

Oh and kill observers!. Your chances of losing the fight increase dramatically if the protoss can see your army before you engage. Protoss don't like replacing observers it takes valuable robotics build time up.


Thanks for the answer, it helps pretty much

"Courage consists, however, in agreeing to flee rather than live tranquilly and hypocritically in false refuges." G. Deleuze
halcy1
Profile Joined July 2011
4 Posts
September 20 2011 09:53 GMT
#1893
It takes 18 corruptors to 1-shot a colossus at a cost of 2700 minerals, 1800 gas and 36 supply. 8 colossi cost 2400 minerals, 1600 gas and 48 supply.

Assuming no corruptors die, and upgrades are matched, it thus takes 8 shots ( 16 game seconds ) to kill all the colossi. Not sure how many roaches would remain by then, it would depend on what the stalkers do.

So the way I see it, infestors with NP are way more cost-effective atm but will die like flies in 1.4 due to shortened range.

So what's the best way to handle P deathball?
ManiacTheZealot
Profile Joined December 2009
United States490 Posts
September 20 2011 10:39 GMT
#1894
On September 20 2011 18:53 halcy1 wrote:
It takes 18 corruptors to 1-shot a colossus at a cost of 2700 minerals, 1800 gas and 36 supply. 8 colossi cost 2400 minerals, 1600 gas and 48 supply.

Assuming no corruptors die, and upgrades are matched, it thus takes 8 shots ( 16 game seconds ) to kill all the colossi. Not sure how many roaches would remain by then, it would depend on what the stalkers do.

So the way I see it, infestors with NP are way more cost-effective atm but will die like flies in 1.4 due to shortened range.

So what's the best way to handle P deathball?


Broodlord, infestor. Max on melee upgrades. Protoss late game army isn't the most mobile force so be sure to abuse that with crackling and infested terrans.

Don't send your brood, infestor group after expansions. They are to slow. If you do attack with them it has to be either attacking the protoss army or attacking his main where the production buildings are. Instead use our cracklings and burrowed infestors to defend and attack expansions.
Ninja_Bread
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States113 Posts
September 20 2011 11:13 GMT
#1895
On September 20 2011 18:53 halcy1 wrote:
It takes 18 corruptors to 1-shot a colossus at a cost of 2700 minerals, 1800 gas and 36 supply. 8 colossi cost 2400 minerals, 1600 gas and 48 supply.

Assuming no corruptors die, and upgrades are matched, it thus takes 8 shots ( 16 game seconds ) to kill all the colossi. Not sure how many roaches would remain by then, it would depend on what the stalkers do.

So the way I see it, infestors with NP are way more cost-effective atm but will die like flies in 1.4 due to shortened range.

So what's the best way to handle P deathball?



The biggest part of the late game PvZ is the actual engagement, in optimal settings for Zerg, you've been harassing some and have kept the Protoss on minimal bases and you are about to engage his death ball, now as he moves out you want to engage in a wide-open area, and get a complete surround with your lings, they do AMAZING dps and rip apart everything, you just have to get them to actually fight, colossi can't even kill them all even with splash because you have a surround and they aren't all humping the next in line to death. You can get a surround by dropping a few fungals or NPing colossis, which causes the Protoss to suffer immediate large dps losses from colossi, and another big thing is to keep fungaling his forces, it is HUGE dps and not just a hold, your lings will make you proud
Mang
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
September 21 2011 04:44 GMT
#1896
What is better?(vs terran):

+1 armour or +1 melee for lings?

I see nestea holding the 9 minute mark push with lings and roaches. Is this viable/better than ling banes? (note: terran had no stim and no medivacs)
-KarakStarcraft-
Profile Joined September 2010
United States258 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 04:50:01
September 21 2011 04:49 GMT
#1897
On September 20 2011 20:13 Ninja_Bread wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 18:53 halcy1 wrote:
It takes 18 corruptors to 1-shot a colossus at a cost of 2700 minerals, 1800 gas and 36 supply. 8 colossi cost 2400 minerals, 1600 gas and 48 supply.

Assuming no corruptors die, and upgrades are matched, it thus takes 8 shots ( 16 game seconds ) to kill all the colossi. Not sure how many roaches would remain by then, it would depend on what the stalkers do.

So the way I see it, infestors with NP are way more cost-effective atm but will die like flies in 1.4 due to shortened range.

So what's the best way to handle P deathball?



The biggest part of the late game PvZ is the actual engagement, in optimal settings for Zerg, you've been harassing some and have kept the Protoss on minimal bases and you are about to engage his death ball, now as he moves out you want to engage in a wide-open area, and get a complete surround with your lings, they do AMAZING dps and rip apart everything, you just have to get them to actually fight, colossi can't even kill them all even with splash because you have a surround and they aren't all humping the next in line to death. You can get a surround by dropping a few fungals or NPing colossis, which causes the Protoss to suffer immediate large dps losses from colossi, and another big thing is to keep fungaling his forces, it is HUGE dps and not just a hold, your lings will make you proud


i feel like this cant ever possibly happen. +3 colossi are going to kill lings almost instantly and any decent toss is going to have enough sentry energy to just forcefield you out or cliffwalk away.

i think the key to beating a toss deathball is just... not let them get a deathball. i honestly cant see many other ways. it's too damn strong. thankfully zerg mid-game is crazy strong vs toss. need to pounce there simply. 4 base zerg vs 3 base toss (esp if you rush to hive tech) is quite good as well as 3 base zerg vs 2 base toss which i think is just insanely strong if you macro correctly.
xFortune
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada3 Posts
September 21 2011 07:39 GMT
#1898
I'm having a lot of trouble with Forge Fast Expand 'Toss.

If I try to hatch first, he cannon rushes behind the mineral line, if I pool first, he's a bit ahead in economy, then if I try to take a quick third, I can't get a big enough army up to defend his 5-6 gate. If I stay on 2 and try to push, he just spams forcefields and I can't do any meaningful damage. If I early rush and try to punish, he usually scouts it and gets cannons + sentries up in time to keep me from doing anything. If he doesn't 5-6 gate and instead just macros, I lose to the endgame deathball.

I can win a fair amount of my ZvPs unless they FFE, then I win maybe 5% of them.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 21 2011 08:00 GMT
#1899
On September 21 2011 16:39 xFortune wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble with Forge Fast Expand 'Toss.

If I try to hatch first, he cannon rushes behind the mineral line, if I pool first, he's a bit ahead in economy, then if I try to take a quick third, I can't get a big enough army up to defend his 5-6 gate. If I stay on 2 and try to push, he just spams forcefields and I can't do any meaningful damage. If I early rush and try to punish, he usually scouts it and gets cannons + sentries up in time to keep me from doing anything. If he doesn't 5-6 gate and instead just macros, I lose to the endgame deathball.

I can win a fair amount of my ZvPs unless they FFE, then I win maybe 5% of them.


If you macro correctly and don't supply block yourself to much when you take a fast third you can hold his 5-6 gate timing attack very easily.

I don't like advertising my stuff but this is a build I do vs forge fast expand http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=259629

I have replays on there of me crushing 6 gate as well (or beating it at least).
When I think of something else, something will go here
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
September 21 2011 22:09 GMT
#1900
On September 21 2011 13:44 DW-Unrec wrote:
What is better?(vs terran):

+1 armour or +1 melee for lings?

I see nestea holding the 9 minute mark push with lings and roaches. Is this viable/better than ling banes? (note: terran had no stim and no medivacs)


bump
Prev 1 93 94 95 96 97 489 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 469
actioN 451
Leta 373
sSak 44
Bale 31
sorry 30
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Noble 15
Dota 2
febbydoto15
League of Legends
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss347
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g7184
ceh9442
olofmeister307
Happy271
Sick167
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast40
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Stunt451
Other Games
• Shiphtur469
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 43m
Patches Events
8h 43m
The PondCast
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.